Stay up-to date with CAT News
About CAT 2021
CAT Exam 2021 Latest Update: IIM Ahmedabad has released the CAT admit card on October 27, at 5 pm. Students can download the CAT 2021 admit card at iimcat.ac.in by entering CAT login ID and Password.
What is CAT exam?
CAT 2021: Common Admission Test (CAT Exam) is a computer-based MBA entrance test for admissions into the IIMs and several other prestigious B-Schools in the country. Around 2.31 lakh students have registered for CAT Exam 2021. The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has released the most awaited IIM CAT exam 2021 admit card on October 27, 2021, at 5 PM. Candidates who successfully applied for the CAT exam can download the IIM CAT admit card by entering the CAT login ID and Password.
Link for CAT Exam 2021 Admit Card
CAT 2021 registered candidate login: Click here
CAT 2021: Key Highlights
- CAT 2021 admit card release date: October 27, 2021, Wednesday.
- Admit card of CAT exam 2021 release time: 5:00 PM.
- CAT 2021 official mock test link available date: Last week of October 2021 on IIM CAT website iimcat.ac.in.
- CAT 2021 exam date: November 28, 2021, Sunday (Morning, Afternoon, and Evening Slots).
According to the media reports, the CAT exam 2021 convener MP Ram Mohan has stated that the CAT 2021 exam pattern is likely to see some changes this year. The total number of questions will be reduced in all sections of the CAT exam for MBA. As per the reports, the decision to reduce questions at CAT 2021 was made to reduce the stress of students who have less time to complete the syllabus due to the COVID pandemic.
However, based on the CAT experts, only 3 - 4 questions per section are expected to be reduced. This means that this year, only 64 - 66 questions are likely to be asked in the CAT exam 2021. An official announcement on the revised CAT exam pattern is expected to be made in the coming weeks.
IIM CAT Exam 2021: Latest News
- CAT 2021- IIM Ahmedabad releases CAT exam admit card at iimcat.ac.in; Know how to download it
- IIM CAT Exam 2021: 5 tips to score 99+ percentile in first attempt
- CAT 2021: Around 2.31 lakh registrations this year; No change in paper pattern, Official mock tests in October
- CAT 2021: IIM Ahmedabad to release admit card on October 27 on iimcat.ac.in
- IIM CAT 2021: Exam pattern is going to change; Questions to be reduced
- IIM CAT exam 2021: How to prepare for this MBA entrance in these three months; Know patterns and best books
- IIM CAT 2021: 10 tips by toppers to ace this MBA entrance test with 99+ percentile
- CAT Exam 2021: Convener Ram Mohan answers questions on paper pattern, exam amid COVID-19
- CAT Exam 2021: IIM Ahmedabad makes changes to the eligibility criteria; Check before filling the application
- CAT Exam 2021: Know what changed this year
- IIM CAT exam 2021 notification released. IIM Ahmedabad releases the brochure, CAT exam dates, and all details as well.
CAT Exam Dates Announced
CAT exam 2021 Events
IIM CAT exam 2021 dates
Issue of CAT exam 2021 notification
July 31, 2021
CAT exam 2021 registration begins on
August 4, 2021, at 10 AM (Wednesday)
CAT Exam registration last date
|CAT 2021 application form correction window||September 25 (10 AM) to September 27, 2021 (5 PM)|
Issue of CAT 2021 admit card
Today i.e. October 27, 2021, from 5 PM to November 28, 2021
CAT Exam Date 2021
November 28, 2021, Sunday - CBT Mode
CAT Exam Latest Notice-
Check out the video on the latest CAT exam pattern and syllabus:
CAT 2021 Admit Card
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has released the CAT exam 2021 admit card on October 27, 2021, in online mode. Students can download the CAT exam admit card by using their CAT login ID, Password, and Captcha Code till the day of the CAT 2021 exam. Once the students have downloaded the CAT 2021 hall ticket, they have to verify all the details such as name, CAT exam registration number, exam day guidelines, venue of the test centre, and exam timing.
Snapshot of CAT 2021 Admit Card Login Page
CAT Exam Registration - Overview
Earlier, the authorities opened the CAT exam application form correction window on September 25 which was availed till September 27. Candidates can make corrections in uploaded images (photograph, signature) and also in CAT test city preference in the submitted CAT exam registration form. Also, candidates can now choose Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) as a preferred city for CAT 2021 exam.
CAT 2021 eligibility criteria
- Candidates of any age with a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized University/Institute with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD) can apply for the CAT exam 2021.
- Final year students of graduation are also eligible to take IIM CAT 2021.
CAT 2021 exam eligibility for candidates who graduated in 2020 and 2021
- Students with “promotion/ pass” instead of “award of marks” certificates in any of the last two years of the bachelor’s program can enter the “Promotion/ Pass” option in the CAT exam 2021 application form.
- Due to the implementation of the above point and the fact that different evaluation patterns may be followed by different institutes/ universities across the country due to the COVID epidemic, the CAT exam authority, IIMA has decided to remove the minimum marks (45% and 50% [Or equivalent CGPA] respectively) for appearing for the IIM CAT 2021 exam.
NOTE: This exception is made to ensure balance for students who complete their bachelor’s degrees in 2020 and 2021.
Check out this video to know how to fill the CAT 2021 application form
CAT Application Correction Facility 2021
How to edit details in CAT 2021 application form
Follow the steps mentioned below to make corrections in CAT registration form 2021.
- Step 1- Visit the official website of CAT Exam, iimcat.ac.in
- Step 2- Click on ‘Existing user/ Registered candidate login’ link
- Step 3- Enter ‘User ID and password
- Step 4- Now, candidates have to click on 'Go to Application Form' and can access the option to edit CAT 2021 application form
- Step 5- Make the necessary changes, save the details and click on ‘Submit’
- Step 6- Save the confirmation message received on the registered email ID and mobile number.
How to fill CAT 2021 application form?
Step 1 - Visit the official iimcat.ac.in CAT 2021 website for registration
Step 2 - Then, click on the ‘New Candidate Registration’ tab and fill in a valid email id, mobile number, and other details to create CAT 2021 login
Step 3 - Use the login credentials to access the CAT exam form and fill in the following details
- Personal Details
- Academic/qualification details
- Communication Address
- Emergency Contact Details
- Upload Documents (in a prescribed format and size)
Step 4 - After that, enter the work experience detail (if any)
Step 5 - Lastly, pay the application fee via an online payment gateway for successful submission of the CAT exam 2021 application form.
CAT 2021 Application: Documents/Enclosures to be kept ready in advance
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets and graduation mark sheets
- Final year graduation students must have the final year certificate from the HoD/ Principal and also the previous year’s mark sheet
- Date of Birth certificate
- Scanned images of passport size photographs and signature
Check out this video to know all about CAT exam application form prerequisites.
CAT 2021: Key changes you must know
- Revised IIM CAT exam 2021 eligibility criteria: IIMA has revised the CAT 2021 eligibility criteria for the past two-year (COVID year) passed-out students. Students with “promotion/ pass” instead of “award of marks” certificates in any of the last two years of the bachelor’s program can enter the “promotion/ pass” option in the CAT exam application form.
- CAT 2021 application fee increased: The fee has been increased by Rs.100 for SC/ST (Rs. 1,100/-) and PwD candidates while it has increased by Rs. 200 (Rs. 2,200/-).
- CAT 2021 test cities increased: The number of CAT exam cities 2021 has increased to 159 this year compared to 156 in 2020. CAT 2021 is likely to be held at over 400 CAT test centres in these cities.
Removed CAT test city- Ulhasnagar
Added CAT 2021 test cities - Madgaon (Goa) and Prayagraj (Uttar Pradesh), Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir)
CAT 2021 exam date- CAT exam 2021 will be held on November 28, 2021, in three slots Morning, Afternoon, and Evening.
CAT 2021 exam duration- The exam will be for 2 hours (120 minutes).
No. of questions in CAT exam 2021 - The CAT 2021 question paper is expected to have less than 76 questions.
CAT exam sectional time limit- 40 minutes to solve each section
Six test cities to be filled in CAT exam application- Candidates can this year choose 6 test cities as per their preference.
CAT Exam Notification 2021
IIM Ahmedabad released the CAT 2021 exam notification on July 31. This year, Prof M P Ram Mohan, faculty at IIM Ahmedabad is convening CAT. IIM-A is conducting CAT exam 2021 after a gap of 6 years. Last it conducted this MBA entrance test in 2015.
IIM CAT 2021 notification is as follows
What is CAT exam? What is CAT for? Why to take CAT MBA exam? How many times you can take CAT? Is CAT held twice a year? Is CAT score valid for two years? Who is conducting CAT 2021? Will CAT 2021 be 2 hours or 3 hours in duration? When to start preparing for CAT and What is CAT exam syllabus etc. These are common questions asked and the answers are as follows.
What is CAT Exam?
What is CAT for? Why take MBA CAT?
CAT exam is a management entrance test held for admissions at 20 IIMs and 1000+ B-schools in India such as Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, NITIE Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon - Management Development Institute, FSM Delhi - FORE School of Management, MNNIT Allahabad, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, etc.
- SJMSOM, IIT Bombay - 99+ Percentile
- DMS, IIT Delhi - 98+ Percentile
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai - 90+ Percentile
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB) - 90+ Percentile
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad - 90+ Percentile
- Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon - 95+ Percentile
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai - 95+ Percentile
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai - 85+ Percentile
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras - 95+ Percentile
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal - 85+ Percentile
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi (FMS, DU) - 98.20 Percentile
MBA CAT 2021 Exam: Highlights
Name of the Exam
Common Admission Test (CAT Exam)
CAT 2021 Conducting Body
IIM Ahmedabad (IIMA)
IIM Stands for
|Indian Institutes of Management|
CAT exam 2021 Exam Mode
Computer Based Test (CBT)
Sections in CAT 2021 exam
CAT Exam Time Duration
2 Hours (120 Minutes)
CAT 2021 Registration Mode
|CAT 2021 Exam Date||November 28, 2021, Sunday|
|CAT Exam Question Types||MCQs and TITA (Non-MCQs)|
|CAT Exam Total Questions||76|
Number of CAT 2021 Test Cities
CAT 2021 Accepting Colleges
1164 CAT Accepting Colleges
|CAT Exam Fee 2021|
|CAT Exam Purpose||Admission into IIMs, FMS, IMT, SPJIMR, MDI, and over 1200 B Schools in India|
|Course Offered||MBA/ PGDM/PGPM/Executive MBA/FPM|
|CAT 2021 official website||iimcat.ac.in|
Is CAT held twice a year?
- No, the CAT exam is conducted once a year as a computer-based test.
How many times can you take CAT?
- You can appear for the CAT exam once every year.
Is the CAT score valid for two years?
- No, the CAT exam score is valid for only 1 year. CAT exam results are usually announced in the first week of January (Tentatively on January 3, 2022). IIM Ahmedabad is expected to announce the CAT 2021 result on January 5, 2022, on the official website, iimcat.ac.in. The CAT score 2021 will be valid till December 31, 2022.
Do you need work experience for MBA CAT?
- No, work experience is not mandatory for the CAT exam.
Other MBA Entrance Exams that you can apply for
Quick Tips to Crack CAT 2021
How to crack CAT, how to prepare for CAT in a month, how to start CAT exam preparation, how to prepare for CAT exam with a job, how to crack CAT in the first attempt, how to crack CAT with 99+ percentile, and more such questions pop up in mind once you decide to appear for CAT exam. Here are some quick CAT 2021 preparation tips to ace this test with a high percentile,
- Prepare as per the CAT exam syllabus for all three sections. Download CAT syllabus pdf
- Keep giving CAT mock tests to keep track of your preparation and be aware of your strong and weak areas.
- Pick up the best CAT preparation material and best books for CAT preparation
- Prepare a CAT preparation timetable and manage time well.
- Focus on increasing speed and accuracy while solving questions
- Solve questions of varying difficulty levels to boost confidence
- Devise or learn shortcuts to solve Quantitative ability questions to solve them quickly and no dependency on the calculator
- You can also join online CAT exam study groups to experience healthy competition
Must-See for CAT exam preparation:
- Toppers tips to crack CAT exam
- Online CAT Exam Preparation
- Prepare for CAT 2021 without coaching
- CAT exam preparation for beginners
CAT 2021 Registration
CAT exam application trends for the past years
As per the last year's analysis, a total of 2,27,835 candidates applied for CAT 2020. In that, 1,90,143 students appeared for the CAT entrance exam. A total of 37,692 candidates opted not to appear for the CAT exam last year due to multiple reasons. So the present percentage has reduced when compared to previous year i.e. 83.456%. This year around 2.31 lakh candidates applied for the CAT Exam 2021.
Total Number of CAT Exam Applicants
2021 Around 2.31 lakh
Total Number of CAT Exam Applicants
|2021||Around 2.31 lakh|
CAT 2021 Exam Syllabus
Here is the CAT exam syllabus and the list of important topics one must prepare for CAT Exam 2021.
|Name of the Section in CAT exam||CAT Important Topics|
|CAT Syllabus for Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation|
CAT Exam Pattern 2021
CAT 2021 exam pattern is likely to be revised this year with a major reduction in the total number of questions in the CAT exam from each section. If any candidate plans to appear for the IIM CAT 2021, it is important to know the exam pattern and prepare according to it. IIM Ahmedabad is expected to make few changes in the CAT 2021 exam pattern and the same have been detailed in the official CAT 2021 notification.
However, the table below lists the CAT 2021 paper pattern on the previous year's basis.
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
CAT Exam Particulars
CAT Exam Pattern 2021
Total number of questions in CAT
Less than 76
No. of questions in VARC section of CAT
No. of questions in CAT DILR section
No. of questions in CAT QA section
*- The no. of questions will be reduced.
CAT 2021: Marking Scheme
Total marks in CAT exam
CAT exam marking scheme
CAT Exam 2021 Reservation Criteria
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)
Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)
Should the COVID vaccine be a criterion for CAT Exam 2021?
The question of whether MBA entrance exams like CAT will also become a requirement for the COVID vaccine to appear. Since CAT is an MBA entrance exam and the age of the candidates is 20+, by the day of the CAT exam (November 28, 2021), a large number of activists will already be vaccinated.
CAT Exam Aspirant Opinion
A CAT candidate who is preparing for CAT exam 2021 said, “yes, making COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for CAT aspirants is a good idea as it will instill confidence in us to go out and take the exam at CAT exam centres. Since the third wave is imminent and speculated to hit India by October/ November, it will be better if we are vaccinated for the CAT exam.”
CAT Exam - Last Year’s Exam Statistics
After the completion of the CAT 2020 exam, the CAT convener provided slot-wise statistics on the total number of candidates appearing for the exam.
List of CAT Conducting Body
The Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) initiates this examination and uses the test to select students for their Business Management Programs (MBA or PGDM). IIM is based on the principle of rotation each year.
Year-wise CAT Exam conducting body
|Year of CAT exam||Name of the CAT Conducting Body|
|CAT 2021||IIM Ahmedabad|
|CAT 2020||IIM Indore|
|CAT 2019||IIM Kozhikode|
|CAT 2018||IIM Calcutta|
|CAT 2017||IIM Lucknow|
|CAT 2016||IIM Bangalore|
|CAT 2015||IIM Ahmedabad|
|CAT 2014||IIM Indore|
|CAT 2013||IIM Indore|
|CAT 2012||IIM Kozhikode|
|CAT 2011||IIM Calcutta|
|CAT 2010||IIM Lucknow|
|CAT 2009||IIM Ahmedabad|
Browse Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise
Official CAT Exam 2021 Contact Details
- Official CAT exam website: iimcat.ac.in
- CAT 2021 Helpline: 1-800-209-0830 (Toll-Free)
- Email for CAT exam: email@example.com
CAT 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||CAT|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management Indore|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2200 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
CAT 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
28 Nov, 2021
Exam - Exam date | Mode: Online
27 Oct, 2021 - 28 Nov, 2021
Admit Card - Start date | Mode: Online Ongoing
Past Dates and Events
25 Sep, 2021 - 27 Sep, 2021
Application Correction | Mode: Online
04 Aug, 2021 - 22 Sep, 2021
Application - Start date | Mode: Online
31 Jul, 2021
Advertisement | Mode: Online
IIM Ahmedabad has released the eligibility criteria for CAT 2021 in the CAT notification. The candidates interested in taking this CAT entrance test this year, must check the IIM CAT eligibility criteria 2021 and ensure that they meet the same before they begin CAT registration.
IIMA has released the CAT exam eligibility in PDF format on July 31 on the CAT 2021 official website. CAT exam eligibility criteria have outlined who can apply for the CAT entrance exam. Prior to CAT 2021 registration, candidates must ensure they fulfill the specified eligibility criteria of CAT exam 2021 to avoid rejection or non-acceptance of CAT application.
Candidates must also note that their candidature can also get cancelled at a later stage if they are found ineligible for CAT or IIM admission on any account of false information.
The IIM CAT 2021 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing for CAT 2021 are detailed here.
NOTE: IIMs can verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process and the details are provided on the official IIM website.
CAT eligibility for candidates who graduated in 2020 and 2021
- Students with “promotion/ pass” instead of “award of marks” certificates in any of the last two years of the bachelor’s program can enter the “Promotion/ Pass” option in the CAT 2021 application form.
- Due to the implementation of the above point and the fact that different evaluation patterns may be followed by different institutes/ universities across the country due to the COVID epidemic, the CAT authority has decided to remove the minimum marks (45% and 50% [Or equivalent CGPA] respectively) for appearing for the CAT 2021 exam.
NOTE: This exception is made to ensure balance for students who complete their bachelor’s degrees in 2020 and 2021.
IIM Ahmedabad introduces changes in CAT 2021 exam pattern
IIM Ahmedabad has received several queries from CAT aspirants regarding their candidature due to the "promotion/pass" certificate awarded instead of the "marks" certificates in the last two pandemic years of their graduation program.
- Final year candidates- Candidates with "promotion/pass" instead of "award of marks" certificate in any of the last two years of the bachelor's degree program can enter the "Promotion or Pass" option in the CAT 2021 online application form. This facility will allow the candidate to complete & submit the CAT registration form despite the requirements of minimum CAT exam eligibility criteria. This relaxation is also applicable to those who are in final year of students with an "award" of marks.
Note - This exception facility is available to those candidates who are completing their graduation this year or are in the final year of their bachelor's degree (graduation years - 2021 and 2022).
- Candidates graduated in 2020 and 2021 - Because of implementation of above point and considering that there could be different evaluation pattern adopted by the universities across the country due to pandemic, the CAT committee has decided to remove the minimum percentage criteria for appearing for the CAT 2021 entrance exam.
Note - This exception is to ensure candidates who have completed their graduation in 2020 and 2021.
Also check out:
Who can apply for the CAT exam 2021?
It should also be noted that eligibility for the CAT 2021 exam is very simple and has remained the same for the past several years. Candidates who fulfill the given CAT 2021 eligibility criteria specified below can apply for the CAT exam.
- Educational Qualification: All candidates must hold a Graduation/ Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university/ institute. The students who have completed a professional degree (CA/ CS/ ICWA) with the required percentage are also eligible to apply.
- Marks in qualifying exam: All candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA . Candidates belonging to the reserved category (Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Persons with Disability (PWD)), must have secured a minimum of 45% .
- Final year students: Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam or awaiting their graduation results can apply for CAT 2021.
- Age Limit: To appear for the CAT entrance exam there is no age limit/ age restriction.
- Work Experience: It is not mandatory to have work experience to apply for the CAT exam 2021. If candidates have any work experience, then they will get preference.
- Reservation: IIM offers standard reservations as per govt guidelines for various categories of students applying for any business management program.
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Required Marks in Graduate
50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA (40% for SC/ ST/ PwD)
Age Limit for CAT 2021
There is no age restriction to apply for the CAT exam
Based on category
Who is not eligible for the CAT exam 2021?
- If the candidate is in the process of completing their professional degree (CA/ CS/ ICWA) without appearing for their bachelor’s degree.
- The candidate is pursuing both their bachelor’s degree and a professional degree but has not yet completed both.
- If the candidate's score in the degree is less than 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates), he or she is ineligible to apply for the CAT.
- If the degree is not recognized by MHRD/ AICTE/ UGC, the candidate will be considered ineligible for the CAT examination.
Note: CAT eligibility for IIM Admission 2021-2023 is separate from exam eligibility.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT | Paytm | Other
The registration process of CAT 2021 has started from August 4, 2021, at 10 am on the IIM CAT exam 2021 official website, iimcat.ac.in. Registration for CAT exam 2021 is only in online mode. Students must initially create a CAT 2021 login and thereafter fill in details in the application form of CAT 2021.
As per last year's trends, we expect more than 2 lakh students will apply for the CAT 2021. The last date to register and apply for the CAT exam was September 22, 2021, at 5 PM.
CAT 2021: Registration Process
For the ease of the CAT 2021 applicants interested in knowing how to fill CAT application form, all the steps involved in the CAT exam 2021 application process have been detailed here in a simple manner. The candidates are advised to follow this step-by-step CAT 2021 registration guide to fill the form and apply for this IIM entrance test.
- Visit the CAT 2021 official website.
- Go to the "CAT 2021 Registration" link.
- Fill in the required valid details.
- Upload all the necessary documents in a prescribed format.
- Pay the CAT exam fees online.
- Submit the completed registration form for CAT exam 2021.
- Download and take a printout of the CAT 2021 application form.
On successful registration for the CAT exam, candidates will receive CAT 2021 login credentials - CAT 2021 User ID and Password which must be used for logging into CAT 2021 student login.
Check how to fill application form of CAT exam:
CAT Registration 2021: Know how to fill the CAT 2021 Application Form
- 1st Step: First, go to the official website of CAT 2021 and find and click the "New Candidate Registration" link on the right side of the webpage.
- 2nd Step: The CAT registration page opens. Then enter details like Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Email Address, Country, Mobile Number, and Captcha.
- 3rd Step: Next, click the "Generate OTP" button to receive the OTP on registered mobile. Using the OTP, log in to the CAT 2021 application page.
- 4th Step: In the CAT exam 2021 dashboard, fill in the Personal Details, Other Personal Details, Communication Address, Emergency Contact Details, Upload Documents (in a prescribed format and size), Work Experience, IIM Programmes & Interview Cities.
- 5th Step: Make a payment online for CAT 2021 registration and take a printout of the submitted application form for your future reference.
CAT Registration Page
CAT 2021 Application Fee- Candidates from the general category have to pay Rs 2,200 and from the reserved category have to pay Rs 1,100. CAT registration fee should be payable through Debit/ Credit card/ Net banking/ BillDesk/ PayU/ Paytm.
*CAT Application Fee
*The CAT 2021 application fee has been increased by Rs 200 for the General category and Rs 100 for the Reserved category candidates.
CAT 2021 Registration - Transaction Fees
Mode of CAT application fee payment
Transaction charges for CAT registration
Credit Card (Master/ Visa)
1.20% of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.
Credit Card (American Express)
2.85% of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.
Debit Card (Master/ Visa)
0.75% of the transaction amount for value up to Rs 2000 and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.
0.90% of the transaction amount for value above Rs 2000.
Rs 20 per transaction
Other payment methods
PayU, BillDesk, and Paytm
Documents to upload during CAT exam registration
- Photograph as specified
- Signature as per given specific guidelines
- Academic certificates
- PwD certificate as applicable (if any)
- EWS/Category Certificate as applicable (if any)
- Identification document
Before commencing with the filling of the CAT exam 2021 application form, students are advised to keep ready the above documents with you. All the documents which are required to be uploaded in the CAT form should be in the prescribed format and size to avoid the unnecessary session expired error.
NOTE: If you face any "session expired error" while filling the CAT 2021 application form, then don't panic. Login again with CAT login credentials and fill the application form once again.
CAT 2021 Application Form Correction Window
The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad will open CAT 2021 application form correction window on September 25 (10 AM) and it will remain open .till September 27 (5 PM) Mistakes in scanned images of signatures, photographs, and CAT exam city preference can be modified during this CAT application form correction window.
Also, candidates can make changes to the CAT 2021 test city option if provided. Candidates must log in and adjust the images as per the specifications. Any other changes in the IIM CAT application form can be made with the help of the CAT help desk at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
CAT Registration - Last Year Analysis
CAT Registration Trends - Year wise
In 2020, about 2.27 lakh students applied for the CAT exam. In 2019, about 2.44 lakh students registered for the CAT exam, and 2.10 lakh candidates appeared in the exam. The number of applications received for CAT 2019 was the highest since 2010. This year around 2.31 lakh candidates have applied for the CAT 2021 exam.
|OBC, SC, ST||PWD||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 1100|
|General||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 2200|
Verbal ability and reading comprehension
Data interpretation and logical reasoning
The CAT entrance exam 2021 is going to be held on November 28. One needs grit, determination, planning, and execution to clear the CAT entrance exam. The tough part is to clear CAT 2021 with a very high percentile for IIM admissions. Even very good B-schools require a good CAT percentile and this can be achieved with proper preparation.
Candidates will have to divide their CAT preparation strategy into manageable sections. When to start preparation for CAT 2021, how to go about it, what is the CAT syllabus, best books for the CAT preparation 2021, etc are some important questions that have to be addressed by all CAT aspirants.
Tips for CAT 2021 preparation
CAT Exam Preparation Timetable
|CAT 2021: When and how to start preparation||How to prepare for CAT without coaching|
|CAT - Tricks for Quant, DI&LR, VRC by 99 percentilers||CAT 2021 Preparation Time Table|
Preparation for CAT 2021 exam requires proper resources and solid help from experts. Given below are CAT expert tips as well as links to CAT exam resources.
CAT 2021 exam preparation- list of resources
|Best Books for CAT Preparation||How to Prepare for CAT Quantitative Ability?|
|CAT 2021: Important topics for preparation||How to Prepare for CAT 2021 in 2 Months?|
|How to prepare for CAT DI & LR||Best Study Material for CAT 2021|
CAT toppers are ideal people to explain their CAT exam strategy as they not only have cleared the exam but have done so in flying colours. Given below are some CAT Topper tips and guidelines
CAT Topper Tips
|How to score 100 percentile in CAT 2021||How Toppers prepared for CAT|
|Know CAT Toppers||How Many Questions to Attempt in CAT 2021 to Get 99 Percentile|
CAT exam day 2021 will be a crucial day. Check common mistakes and errors that are made in CAT entrance exam and how to avoid them in CAT 2021.
CAT Preparation Tips | Tips to crack CAT 2021 by topper
CAT 2021 preparation tips | How to prepare for CAT in COVID times?
CAT 2021 Preparation: Know CAT exam day strategies
Student Appearing Vs Seat Available
|Year||Student Appeared||Seats Available|
IIM Ahmedabad will not officially announce the CAT exam pattern and syllabus for Common Admission Test (CAT). Candidates will need to prepare for CAT as per the previous trends. This year CAT questions will be reduced from each section to provide candidates an appropriate amount of time to solve the paper . According to last year’s analysis, there were 76 questions in the CAT exam question paper. The CAT exam earlier had 26 questions in VARC and QA section and 24 questions in the DILR section. CAT exam questions will be a mix of MCQ and Non-MCQ.
PwD category students will receive a total of 53 minutes and 20 seconds to complete a specific section of the CAT exam, while other students will receive 40 minutes per section. The duration of the CAT exam has been reduced to 2 hours (120 minutes) since 2020.
CAT syllabus 2021 is the same with questions from VARC, DILR, and QA. The detailed CAT exam pattern with marking scheme and other information is as follows.
Exam Pattern of CAT 2021
|Medium of CAT Exam||English|
2 hours (120 Minutes)
|CAT Exam Mode||Digital or Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Sections in CAT 2021|
|Questions in each||VARC - 26 questions (78 Marks) - |
DILR - 24 questions (72 Marks) -
Quant - 26 questions (78 Marks) -
|Total number of question|
|Time Limit per section|
40 minutes per section (Total 120 minutes)
53 minutes and 20 seconds for PwD candidates
Slot 1: 8:30 am - 10:30 pm (Morning Session)
For right answer: +3 marks
|Virtual Key Board for||Non MCQ questions|
|Mouse for||MCQ questions in CAT 2021|
|Virtual Calculator||Yes. Candidates to use this for all calculations|
CAT entrance exam - Important features
- Onscreen calculator in CAT exam
- CAT exam timer
- Question palette of CAT 2021
- Facility to expand the CAT question area
- Scrolling during CAT entrance exam
- Answering a question in CAT 2021
- Changing the response in CAT exam
- Navigating through CAT sections
- Zoom Option in CAT 2021
Check the features of CAT 2021 in the image below
*Source: CAT official mock test guide
Know all about the CAT Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates who have confusion regarding the CAT 2021 exam pattern are advised to check this video. In this video, our Careers360 clearly explained the exam pattern of CAT.
IIM Ahmedabad will release the official mock test of CAT 2021 on the IIM CAT 2021 official website in the last week of October 2021. CAT Mock Test 2021 gives the real picture of the actual CAT exam. While IIM CAT mock test may be one, candidates can try the internet for more mock tests of CAT from various coaching centers.
The IIM CAT exam mock test should be an integral part of the CAT preparation because it allows students to know exactly how to answer, navigate between sections, and more. Before going to take the mock test, the candidates should know the CAT exam strategy and tips.
In the meantime, the CAT official mock test (2020) given below can be used to understand how the test goes. IIM Ahmedabad will release a separate mock test for PwD category candidates. These candidates will get 53.20 minutes for each section in CAT 2021. A total of 159.60 minutes will be given to them to complete the CAT Exam 2021. Persons with the Disability category with low vision can practice the official CAT mock test 2021 for PwD from the official CAT website.
Why Take Mock Test for CAT?
Taking the free CAT mock test online is important for test-takers. It is designed to help candidates get a feel of the actual CAT question paper. Furthermore, CAT 2021 mock test will help to identify the weaknesses of the candidates and analyze their respective performances. IIM Ahmedabad will release the official CAT 2021 mock test and training guide on the official website. It is advisable to take the official mock test to find out the changes in the exam pattern.
Benefits of CAT Mock Test
- This helps the candidate to understand the online process of the CAT exam.
- CAT mock tests provide a reasonable understanding of the question paper pattern and marking scheme.
- CAT online mock test helps you to improve your speed and accuracy in solving questions.
- Practicing mock tests will help you find the tricks and shortcuts to solve the CAT question paper in the least amount of time.
Steps to use CAT Mock Test
- Click on Mock Test Link from the CAT 2021 official website
- "Enter your Registration Number and password and click on Sign In” – Since a dummy registration number and a dummy password have already been embedded. Candidates can proceed by just clicking on Sign In.
- Post login, read through the “General Instructions for Candidate”
- Click on the disclaimer check box on the “Other Important Instructions for Candidate:” page
- Click on “I am ready to begin” to start your CAT Mock Test
Sample Image for CAT 2021 mock test
* Source from CAT exam 2020 mock test
CAT Exam Mock test Links of past years
|Year||CAT Mock Test Link|
|2020||Click here / Link for PwD candidates (low vision)|
|2018||Test 1 and Test 2|
|2016||Test 1 and Test 2 ; Also Test 3|
CAT 2021 - Preparation Tips
|CAT Question Paper||How to use the calculator in the CAT exam?|
|Why, When and How to take CAT Mock Test||CAT Sample Paper|
|CAT Exam 2021 - Sectional Time Management Tips||Why take mock tests before CAT 2021 exam?|
In addition, the CAT syllabus is important. Candidates must know what topics and subjects to study and be ready for CAT 2021. IIMs have not specified any special CAT syllabus but have given sections in which students will be tested. The CAT syllabus 2021 given by all coaching centres and books are all based on the past CAT exam papers.
IIM Ahmedabad has released the admit card of IIMCAT 2021 on October 27, 2021, at 5 PM . The last date to download CAT admit card 2021 on the official website will be November 28, 2021. CAT 2021 admit card can be availed after entering the CAT login ID and password.
CAT admit card mentions a name, date of birth, registration number, category, CAT entrance exam day instructions, CAT 2021 exam date and time, reference number, emergency contact number, google map link along displaying the candidate's photograph.
Note: All candidate's primary reference identities will be through their CAT exam 2021 application number printed on the CAT Admit Card. This application number is used to identify the exam lab/console at the exam centre on the CAT Exam Day.
Steps to download CAT 2021 admit card
- Step 1 - Go to the CAT 2021 site - iimcat.ac.in .
- Step 2 - Login using CAT exam credentials like user ID and password
- Step 3 - The CAT admit card will be displayed
- Step 4 - Download the same and check the details mentioned therein.
- Step 5 - Keep a soft copy of the admit card for CAT 2021 saved for future references.
CAT 2021 Admit Card - Details
- Application Number of CAT exam
- PwD status
- CAT 2021 exam date
- CAT exam time and session
- Reporting/ entry time for CAT 2021 at exam centre
- Gate closing time for CAT exam
- CAT 2021 test city name
- Test Center address
Also know CAT 2021 Dress Code
Snapshot of CAT 2021 Admit Card
CAT Exam Schedule
Candidates not allowed
CAT exam Timings
Post 8.15 am
8.30 am to 10.30 am
Post 12.15 pm
12.30 pm to 02.30 pm
Post 4.15 pm
4.30 pm to 6.30 pm
Check CAT test day guidelines pdf released by IIM Indore.
Steps to be taken by candidates for CAT 2021
1. Frisking of Candidates prior to entry for the CAT exam.
2. Document Verification:
- CAT Admit Card (with affixed photograph),
- One original valid photo identity proof (such as College ID, Employer ID, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, and Identification Affidavit)
- Other documents like a medical certificate in case of a candidate using a Pacemaker or implants (metal) or other devices for medical reasons.
** Test Day Exception Forms/ Authorization Form
3. Move to CAT exam lab
Imp: Candidates would be advised to remove their footwear outside the Exam Lab.
4. Registration Process for CAT 2021 (Capturing IRIS and photo)
5. Sign the attendance sheet in the CAT exam hall and begin the exam at the scheduled time.
CAT 2021 Exception and Authorization Form
- CAT Exam Exception Form: Candidates will have to sign the Exception form in case of an exceptional situation arising on CAT exam day. The staff at the test centres will guide students in such a case.
- IIM provided Authorization Form for CAT 2021: This is a document that is required in case candidates have to carry any prohibited or exceptional items inside the exam hall of CAT 2021 on account of medical reasons. Candidates would be required to contact the respective CAT exam centre to get such authorization if any.
Things/ Documents to carry to the CAT exam centre
Candidates will be allowed to carry the following documents
- CAT 2021 admit card
- Original valid photo identity card
- Sanitizer (50 ml)
- Transparent water bottle
- Requisite medical certificate and Scribe affidavit (if applicable).
CAT 2021 dress code: Socks, plain Pullovers/Sweaters/Cardigans (without any pockets) can be worn for the CAT exam. Candidates with metal implants, pacemakers, etc. in their bodies have to submit a supporting medical certificate.
Important: Since there will be no arrangement to safe keep the belongings of the candidates appearing for CAT 2021, it is advisable for aspirants to not carry valuables keeping this in mind.
Points to keep in mind during CAT exam
- Once candidates start answering a section, the clock inbuilt in the system starts ticking and displays the remaining time available for the current section.
- After 40 minutes, the timer becomes 0 and the current section gets auto-submitted.
- Candidates automatically move to the next section and the cycle repeats for all three sections of CAT 2021.
- Movement between sections is not allowed. However, candidates will have an option for submitting the answers to a section at any point of time after the completion of the allotted 40 minutes.
- There is a built-in calculator in the CAT entrance exam. To know more, check " How to Utilize Calculator in CAT 2021 ?"
Candidates can leave the CAT exam hall only after the completion of 2 hours (120 minutes). PWD candidates will be given 160 minutes to complete the CAT exam paper.
Click here for last-minute CAT instructions by IIM Indore
CAT Exam Day Guidelines 2021
Candidates appearing for the CAT 2021 examination should take the following documents to the examination center to enter the examination hall:
- CAT Admit card: Students appearing for the CAT exam 2021 must carry a printout of their admit card with a photo affixed on it. Entry without CAT 2021 admit card and valid photo ID will not be permitted.
- Identity Proof: Along with the CAT admit card, students are required to carry an original valid photo ID proof such as PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar card, College ID, Driving license, Employer ID, or Passport.
- Name change document: In case a student changed their name, they will be required to carry a name change document/ certificate along with CAT admit card and ID proof.
Items prohibited inside the CAT exam hall
- Watch, Phone, Calculator, iPad, or any electronic item
- Purses and Bags
- Eatables and beverages
- Jewelry and accessories that contain metal
- Jackets and clothes with pockets
- Closed footwear
Take a look at CAT 2021 exam day workflow
CAT 2021 - Key Do's for Candidates
Don'ts for Candidates for CAT exam
CAT Test Cities 2021: CAT 2021 will be held in at least 159 test cities at more than 400 test centers across the country. Important details about these CAT test venues in CAT test cities are available on the CAT 2021 official website. Candidates will be assigned a test city nearest to their address. Now, candidates can choose Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) as a preferred city for CAT 2021 exam.
The name of the CAT test center within the test city will also be mentioned on the CAT admit card. Here, we provide some CAT exam centres in states' names as well as exam cities.
CAT 2021 Preferred Test City and Allocation Process
Candidates will be given the opportunity to select six test cities of their choice.
Cities and centers will be assigned to candidates only after the CAT 2021 registration deadline.
Candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the early days of CAT registration.
Although IIMs try as hard as they can to nominate candidates for their first preferred city, if this is not possible, they will be assigned a city following the option given to them.
The CAT exam session cannot be chosen because it will be assigned approximately.
All Delhi NCR cities were subdivided
CAT applicants from Delhi NCR can choose from six preferred test cities. Cities for Delhi NCR candidates:
IIM reserves the right to change or cancel any test center/ city and/or change the test time and date of their choice. Check the names of states where the CAT exam centres are located from the table below:
CAT 2021 Exam Centres
Andaman & Nicobar
Jammu & Kashmir
CAT 2021 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- CAT 2021 admit card
- Photo ID
Official CAT Answer Key 2021: IIM Ahmedabad will release the final CAT 2021 answer key in the last week of December 2021 in online mode. Before that, the exam conducting body will release the provisional answer key in the first week of December 2021 along with the candidate's response sheets and CAT 2021 question papers.
Candidates will have the choice to raise an objection to the answer key till the end of the objection date on payment of a fee of Rs. 1,200. Since the correct answers have been mentioned in the CAT answer key, candidates can use the same to calculate their probable scores and estimate their admission chances.
CAT exam will be conducted on November 28, 2021. Many coaching institutes like CL, IMS, TIME, etc will come up with the CAT answer keys using memory-based questions as the test is online.
How to download CAT Answer Key 2021
- Go to the CAT 2021 official website.
- Find and click the Candidates Login tab.
- Enter your CAT login credentials, i.e., the user ID and password, and click submit button.
- Find your slot (Slot 1/ Slot 2/ Slot 3).
- Download the appropriate answer key by clicking on the link provided.
How to challenge the official CAT 2021 answer key
- Go to the official website of CAT exam 2021.
- Find and click the link called the "Candidates Login" tab.
- Now enter your CAT login credentials, i.e., your registration ID and password.
- Find and click on the link 'Objection Form' on the dashboard where the candidate's personal details are displayed.
- Enter the question number, section, and type of objection. Candidates also have the option to write a remark in up to 500 words.
- Test takers can click on '+' to add another objection against the CAT Answer Key.
CAT Exam Answer Key: Points to keep in mind when raising objections
- There is no limit to the number of objections a candidate can raise. It should be noted that an objection once submitted cannot be amended or revoked under any circumstances.
- Objection Fee: Rs 1,200 per question
- The objection fee will not be refunded if the objection is not supported with proof.
- The objection fee will not be refunded if the objection raised is not valid.
NOTE: Correct answers will be marked in green with a tick and incorrect answers will be marked in red with an “X” symbol on the CAT Exam 2021 key
CAT Official Answer Key 2021 Snapshot
Download CAT 2020 Answer Key
CAT 2021 Answer Key: How to calculate CAT Scores?
The score obtained = 3 x number of correct answers (MCQ and Non-MCQ) - 1 x number of incorrect MCQ answers.
The CAT scores will be normalized as per the methodology announced by IIM Indore in light of the changes in the duration of the exam and other parameters. The details are available on this page in the result section.
CAT exam analysis for slots 1 and 2 will be available after the CAT 2021 exam over. Expected CAT 2021 number of questions is 26 from VARC, 24 from DILR, and 26 from Quant. The difficulty levels of CAT slot 1 paper is and CAT 2021 slot 2 paper will be known only once the exam concludes on November 28. Careers360 2will bring the CAT exam analysis live from the exam centres as well as expert opinions from leading coaching centres.
Details in CAT exam analysis are:
- A number of questions in each section in the CAT question paper.
- Number of MCQs and number of non- MCQs asked in CAT 2021
- Difficulty levels for all topics and CAT exam sections
- Topics from VARC, DILR and QA with weightage
- Expected cutoff based on the difficulty levels and the time available
A synopsis of the CAT exam analysis 2020 given below can be looked by candidates for reference and to prep their exam strategy.
CAT question paper 2020 was much of a surprise compared to the previous year and students who will appeared for slot 1 as well as slot 2 of CAT 2021 felt that they could have scored well with a bit of good preparation.
Candidates who were likely to score 105-110 marks in CAT 2020 were expected to secure around 99 percentile as per Career Launcher.
Check CAT Analysis - Student Reactions live from exam centres to know the CAT 2020 questions, difficulty levels, topics, and more.
Most found the CAT exam pattern to be the same except for the duration and the reduction in the number of questions. Students had also given mixed reactions to the CAT 2020 exam pattern. TITA questions were found easy and so were the questions in the DILR section. English was found to be tricky. Overall the paper was moderate to difficult.
CAT analysis from CL, MIS, TIME, and other coaching experts is available for all slots of the CAT exam. CAT analysis gives details of the difficulty levels of the CAT exam and expected cutoff. The CAT 2020 analysis from coaching centres can be checked by clicking on the link given below in the table.
CAT 2021 Exam Analysis from Coaching Centres
Download CAT Sample Paper 2021
One way to prepare for CAT 2021 is to test what a candidate has read. Before going to take the test, the candidate should know the CAT 2021 syllabus. This is where the previous year’s question papers and mock tests of CAT and sample paper play a role. CAT 2020 question paper should be solved by the candidates as they will help in analyzing the quantity of preparation.
By downloading and going through the CAT question paper and solution pdf file, the candidates will get a clear knowledge about the CAT 2021 question paper. The below table holds the past four years of CAT question paper with answers. By clicking the "Download" link, candidates can get the appropriate question papers for the CAT entrance exam. If suppose, you click on the download slot 1/ slot 2 related to "CAT question paper 2019 pdf", then you will get the CAT 2019 question paper in pdf format.
CAT Sample Papers
The result of CAT 2021 will be released in online mode in the second week of January 2022 on the official CAT 2021 website. To download their CAT 2021 scorecard, candidates have to log in and enter their CAT login credentials like CAT Registration ID and Password. They must download their CAT scorecard 2021 as all admissions are on the basis of the CAT 2021 result. On the basis of the CAT result 2021, a merit list will be prepared for further IIM MBA admissions 2021.
How to check CAT result 2021
To know how to check CAT result 2021 online, please follow the steps below.
1st Step - Go to the official website of IIM CAT 2021 and click the "Login" button.
2nd Step - Enter the login details like CAT Login ID and Password.
3rd Step - CAT 2021 Result/ Score Card will be displayed.
4th Step - Download the same and save it for future reference.
5th Step - Check the details given in the result of CAT 2021.
NOTE: The CAT scorecard 2021 is valid for one year i.e. till December 31, 2022.
CAT 2021 Result: Key Points to Note
- CAT 2021 Result Date & Time will be announced on the CAT official website.
- After the announcement of the CAT 2021 results, the IIMs will announce the CAT scorecard and CAT rank list 2021 live.
- You can download the CAT scorecard 2021 as soon as the results of CAT 2021 are declared.
- IIMs will send the CAT score via SMS to all the candidates who appear in the CAT exam 2021.
- Candidates can download the CAT scorecard 2021 in a few steps from the CAT official website.
CAT 2021 Result - Last Year’s Trends
CAT results 2020 were declared on January 02, 2021, at 4 PM, Saturday.
9 candidates had secured 100 percent overall in the CAT examination. They were all men.
Out of the nine candidates who got 100 percentile, 7 were from an engineering / technical background, 1 from a mathematical background and 1 from a management background.
Of the 9 candidates, 5 candidates are from the IITs, and the remaining 4 candidates are from IIM Indore (IPM program), Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, BITS Pilani, and YMCA institute of Engineering respectively.
Out of the total 100 percentile achievers, 3 candidates are from Rajasthan and the remaining 6 candidates are from Delhi, Maharashtra, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, and Telangana respectively.
In CAT 2020, 19 candidates scored a total of 99.99 percent, of whom 1 was a woman and 18 were men. Of these candidates, 16 were from Engineering / Technology, 2 from Economics, and 1 from Management.
CAT 2020 was held on November 29, 2020, in three shifts. A total of 1,90,144 candidates appeared for the exam, which was held at 430 test centers in 159 cities across India.
The gender distribution of the candidates who appeared for CAT 2020 is as follows;
What details are mentioned in the CAT exam result 2021?
The sectional and overall scores of CAT 2021 will be mentioned in the result/ scorecard. The exam percentile obtained by candidates in the CAT exam is also be mentioned.
CAT score vs percentile - one of the major questions asked by students is about the score versus percentile in CAT 2021. IIM Indore has released the computation of the CAT Scores and normalization methodology adopted. The process is as follows
The steps to calculate the CAT exam 2021 overall and sectional percentile scores are given. Here the QA section is chosen as an example. A similar process is also followed for DILR and VARC in the exam.
Step 1: Calculate the total number of candidates (N) who appeared for CAT (i.e. including morning, afternoon, and evening sessions).
Step 2: Assign a rank (r), based on the scaled scores obtained in the QA section, to all candidates who appeared for the CAT exam. In the case of two or more candidates obtaining identical scaled scores in the QA section, identical ranks are assigned to all such candidates.
For example, if two candidates obtain the highest scaled score in the QA section, then both of those candidates are assigned a rank of 1. Then, candidate(s) obtaining the second-highest scaled score in the QA section will be assigned a rank of 3 and so on.
Step 3: Calculate the percentile score (P) of a candidate with rank (r) in the QA section as:
Step 4: Round off the calculated percentile score (P) of a candidate up to two decimal points.
All percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.995 are rounded off to 100, all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.985 but strictly less than 99.995 are rounded off to 99.99, and so on.
How to calculate the CAT scaled scores of a candidate?
The following steps will be followed to calculate the scaled score of a candidate in each of the three sections, i.e. VARC, DILR, and QA in the examination. The overall scaled score is obtained by adding scaled scores of these three sections.
QA section is chosen as an example. A similar process is valid for the DILR and VARC. Three sessions of the examination will be expressed as a morning session (8:30 AM – 10:30 AM), afternoon session (12:30 PM – 2:30 PM), and evening session (4:30 PM – 6:30 PM), on November 28, 2021.
What after CAT Result 2021?
Once the CAT 2021 results are announced, candidates who meet the minimum CAT cut-off score will be notified by email by the respective IIMs for further examination rounds. Each IIM will send the interview letters directly to the shortlisted candidates by registered e-mail/ speed post.
Generally, IIMs follow a selection process that includes the following procedures- Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. Newer IIMs have a common selection procedure, i.e., a Common Admission Process (CAP) for which separate online registration is done once the minimum CAP cut-off percentile is released by the CAP conducting authority.
The final selection of the candidates for MBA 2022-2024 admissions will be done on the basis of various parameters such as CAT 2021 score, academic history, work experience (if any), academic diversity, gender diversity, and performance in WAT/GD-PI rounds.
CAT percentile predictor is an online tool developed exclusively by Carriers 360 that helps you evaluate your performance in the CAT exam and predict your sectional and overall score. The CAT predictor tool uses the expected/ estimated CAT score to predict the CAT percentile.
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
IIM CAT Cut Off: One of the big questions asked by many students is what are the CAT cutoff marks for admissions? The CAT 2021 cutoff marks which are minimum marks or percentile required to secure admissions differ from IIM to IIM as well as the course and category of the students.
The minimum marks required for test-takers to get a call for the IIM MBA selection process are called the CAT cut off 2021. IIMs like IIM Lucknow, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Raipur, etc will release the CAT cutoff 2021 from August onwards.
CAT 2021 for the best IIMs is typically 99 to 100 percentile for general category students. For the reserved category of students, the CAT cut-off will be slightly lower at 97 to 98 percent. CAT 2021 is expected to be 95 to 99 percent to enroll in top MBA colleges like FMS, SPJIMR, MDI. The CAT cutoff includes the overall cutoff and sectional cutoff. Careers360 provides the CAT percentile predictor to predict the candidate's overall performance.
IIM CAT Cutoff - Past Year’s Cut off
IIM CAT Admission 2022 - Parameter and Weightage
Personal Interview (PI)
Written Ability Test (WAT)
Class 12 marks
Class 10 marks
Check CAT Cutoff (expected) by leading Coaching centres
|CAT Cutoff by T.I.M.E||CAT 2021 Cutoff by Career Launcher|
|CAT 2021 Cutoff by Bulls Eye||CAT 2021 Cutoff by VistaMind|
|CAT 2021 Cutoff by IMS Learning|
It is to be noted that cutoff for qualifying and admissions are two different things. The qualifying cutoff is the score that decides if a candidate has cleared the exam or not. The admission cutoff of CAT is the score at which the admissions closed last.
Some factors that decide CAT cutoff are
- No. of Candidates taking the test
- Difficulty Level of exam
- Availability of seats
- IIMs and other institutes ranking
CAT Cutoff of Top IIMs
|IIM Ahmedabad Cutoff 2021||IIM Bangalore Cutoff 2021||IIM Calcutta Cutoff 2021|
|IIM Lucknow Cutoff 2021||IIM Kozhikode Cutoff 2021||IIM Indore Cutoff 2021|
|IIM Udaipur Cutoff 2021||IIM Nagpur Cutoff 2021||IIM Visakhapatnam Cutoff 2021|
CAT Cutoff of Top MBA Colleges
|Name of institute||CAT Cutoff Percentile|
|MDI Gurgaon Cutoff||93 to 95|
|IMI Delhi Cutoff||90|
|XISS Ranchi Cutoff||58|
|JBIMS Mumbai Cutoff||93 +|
|XIME Bangalore Cutoff||75|
|IMT Nagpur Cutoff||80|
|FMS BHU Cutoff||85|
List of Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Scores and Cutoffs
There are 600+ B-schools that accept CAT scores and cutoffs. Many participating institutes of the CAT 2020 entrance exam begin the admission process once the CAT entrance exam is conducted. Depending upon the candidate's percentile in the MBA entrance exam, the respective authorities of B-schools shortlist them for the next selection rounds for admission in the MBA program. Check the list of Top B-schools Accepting CAT scores and CAT cutoffs in the table below:
Browse Top MBA Colleges by Location
IIM Admission 2021-22: IIMs and other CAT 2021 participating management institutes will conduct the selection procedure of the exam in two-steps. Candidates who qualify in CAT 2021, will be called out for the second step. After releasing the cutoff of CAT 2021, eligible candidates will be called for Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT), and Personal Interview (PI) round. On the basis of scores received by candidates, the final selection list will be issued.
Candidates who clear the CAT entrance examination will have to take part in the selection process of CAT 2021 which includes shortlisting of candidates by the IIMs for the next round of selection. Some of the key elements of the CAT selection process 2021 are the academic performance at the school and college level, gender, and required work experience of candidates.
The respective IIMs determine their own CAT cutoff, on the basis of which they list candidates and assign weightage to different categories. IIM Selection Process will consist of
Written Ability Test (WAT)
Group Discussion (GD)
Personal Interviews (PI)
CAT Reservation Criteria 2021
IIM provides some reservations for different categories of students applying for any business management program. To know CAT 2021 eligibility criteria for MBC, OBC, SC, ST, PwD, General, see the below table:
NC-OBC (Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes)
SC (Scheduled Caste)
ST (Scheduled Tribe)
PwD (Person with Disability)
Reservation Policy for Person with Disability (PwD)
For PwD candidates, they must submit the PwD certificate issued by a competent authority. Individuals with a different types of disabilities accepted under the PwD reservation:
Blind/ Low vision candidates.
Candidates with hearing impairment.
Candidates with cerebral palsy or locomotive disability.
CAT 2021 - IIM Counseling Procedure and Seat Allotment
The CAT counseling 2021 and selection process will begin in January 2022. As soon as the CAT results are announced, IIMs will release the individual cut off, and candidates who qualify for the CAT cut off criteria will be invited to WAT, GD/ PI.
That there is no centralized CAT counseling portal for students, so shortlisted candidates are called for the next round of the selection process.
Based on the CAT cut-off determined by each IIM, the candidates will be shortlisted.
Listed candidates will then receive invitation letters for WAT, GD/ PI rounds.
The invitation letter will indicate the registration link, last date for completion of registration, WAT/ GD and PI date, WAT/ GD, and PI location.
IIM MBA Admission 2021: Documents to be Carried
Class 10 mark sheet
Class 12 mark sheet
Reservation category certificates (if applicable)
For seat allotment to various B-schools, you need to visit the official website of the college and fill up the form to register. Select and lock your option before submitting. You will receive a notification via SMS or email. Once the seat is confirmed, go to the designated college/ institute and submit the seat reservation order.
Also read - Know IIM Fee Structure and Seat Intake
Some of the new IIMs may hold common counselling for CAT 2021. This is held as Common Admission Process also called CAP. Details of IIM CAP through CAT exam will be announced shortly and will be updated here too.
CAT 2021 - Know IIM Fee Structure
|Name of IIM||Fee payable *|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Rs 28,00,000|
|IIM Amritsar||Rs. 10,50,000|
|IIM Bangalore||Rs. 23,00,000|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||Rs 10,60,000|
|IIM Calcutta||Rs. 27,00,000|
|IIM Indore||Rs. 16,00,000|
|IIM Jammu||Rs. 13,80,000|
|IIM Kashipur||Rs. 7,31,500|
|IIM Kozhikode||Rs. 17,50,000|
|IIM Lucknow||Rs. 19,25,000|
|IIM Nagpur||Rs 13,75,000|
|IIM Raipur||Rs. 14,20,400|
|IIM Ranchi||Rs. 15,30,000|
|IIM Rohtak||Rs. 15,20,000|
|IIM Sambalpur||Rs. 13,03,000|
|IIM Sirmaur||Rs 11,75,000|
|IIM Trichy||Rs. 14,00,000|
|IIM Udaipur||Rs. 13,00,000|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||Rs 10,50,000|
* Fee may change.
Other Top MBA colleges accepting CAT scores
|Name of B-school||Fee in Rs.||NIRF Rank|
|VGSOM IIT Kharagpur||11,59,760||5|
|DMS, IIT, Delhi||9,60,000||8|
|Management Development Institute||25,00,000||10|
|SJMSOM IIT Bombay||9,90,400||11|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||1715000||23|
|Institute of Management Technology||17,50,000||37|
|FORE School of Management ||15,98,000||43|
Is the CAT exam only for MBA?
While it is a common perception to assume that the CAT exam is only for MBA, it is also for admissions to other post-graduate programmes. MICA uses CAT scores for admissions to its post-graduate programmes. So CAT exam is not just for MBA programmes.
What is the benefit of the CAT exam?
CAT entrance exam scores are used by many institutes and universities for admissions to their management programmes. The benefit of appearing for CAT 2021 is that one can apply to a leading B-School other than IIM on the basis of the CAT result.
It is easier to use the CAT entrance exam as a screening test to shortlist candidates before the selection stage where the GD and PI factors play a role.
CAT Participating Institutes 2021
Candidates should understand that CAT participating institutes are of two types namely IIMs and non-IIMs. About 115 CAT 2021 participating institutes are allowed to enroll in their MBS and postgraduate programs. Non-IIMs must apply to IIM-conducting CAT before being notified as one of the participating institutes. 20 IIMs and other institutes like 6 IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITs, JNU, IMT Ghaziabad, IPU, MDI Gurgaon, SPJIMR Mumbai are such top institutes that use CAT scores.
IIM Admission Criteria and Programmes
Name of IIMs
IIM Admission Criteria
PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP
PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, PGPBA
PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, EPGP (Kochi Campus & IL)
PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM
PGPM, PGPBM, PGPM-HR
Documents Required at Counselling
- Class 10, Class 12, graduation, and professional (if applicable) mark sheets
- Class 10, Class 12, graduation, and professional (if available) degree certificates
- Proof of date of birth (DOB)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Admission letter
- CAT admit card
- Address proof of parents
- Passport size photographs (colour/black & white)
- CAT Scorecard
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:When will the CAT 2021 notification release?
The CAT 2021 notification was released on July 31, 2021.
Question:What is the CAT exam date?
CAT exam 2021 will be held on November 28, 2021, Sunday. The exam will be held in three sessions.
Question:Where can I get CAT syllabus 2021?
Candidates can check the CAT exam syllabus on Careers360 as the official syllabus or exam pattern of IIM CAT is not released by the authorities.
Question:Where can I get the IIM Cutoff?
The IIM cutoff for CAT exam is given by all the IIMs on their official websites.
Question:What is CAT exam pattern?
IIM Ahmedabad has specified that the CAT exam syllabus and exam pattern consists of three sections - Reading comprehension and verbal ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Questions are of the graduation level.
Question:Does CAT exam pattern like no of RC questions vary from year to year?
No. Last year, CAT had seen new changes on account of COVID-19 which has been continued for CAT 2021 also. CAT pattern will have 26 VARC questions, 24 DILR and 26 QA questions making it a of total of 76 questions to answer in 2 hours.
Question:What should I do if I am not able to renew or get a new category certificate owing to the prevailing CORONA pandemic?
In such a case, candidates should fill an undertaking which is printed or handwritten along with the old category certificates in the form of a pdf and upload the same. Candidates will be required to produce original documents for verification if they are shortlisted for admissions.
Question:What is the marking scheme for the CAT 2021 exam?
For every correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded while -1 will be deducted for incorrect answers. Also Non MCQ questions do not have negative marking.
Question:Who are eligible for CAT?
Any graduate with 50% in their graduation (45% for SC/ST/ PwD) are eligible to appear for the exam. Final year students are also eligible.
CAT eligibility for candidates who graduated in 2020 and 2021
- Students with “promotion/ pass” instead of “award of marks” certificates in any of the last two years of the bachelor’s program can enter the “Promotion/ Pass” option in the CAT 2021 application form.
Question:Will CAT 2021 exam be postponed?
No, the CAT exam 2021 will be held on November 28, 2021. The CAT notification was released on the official CAT website.
Question:Is CAT necessary for MBA admissions?
No. While CAT is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams, there are others that can be taken for admissions to MBA like XAT, IIFT, SET etc in addition to state MBA entrance exams too.
Question:When will CAT admit card release?
CAT 2021 admit card has released in online mode on October 27, 2021, at 5 PM.
Question:When will the CAT 2021 answer key be released?
The provisional answer key of CAT will be released in the second week of December 2021. The final answer key will be released in the last week of December 2021.
Question:What will be the next stage after the release of CAT cutoff 2021?
The qualified candidates will be invited by respective IIMs for Group Discussion (GD) / Written Ability Test (WAT) / Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
Question:Will the candidates get an option to challenge the answer key?
Candidates will submit objections against the answer key till the second week of December 2021 by remitting the necessary fee.
Question:When will CAT 2021 result be announced?
CAT exam 2021 result will be announced by IIM Ahmedabad in online mode in the second week of January 2022
Question:Are there any changes in CAT syllabus and CAT exam pattern?
IIMA has not announced any changes in the CAT exam pattern and syllabus in the latest CAT 2021 notification.
Question:What is a CAT exam?
CAT exam is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in India. The full form of CAT is the Common Admission Test and it is a computer-based entrance exam for MBA/PGDM admissions at 20 IIMs and 1000+ B-Schools in India.
Question:What is CAT exam for?
IIM CAT exam is conducted by one IIM in rotation every year for MBA admissions.
Question:What is the last date to submit the CAT exam 2021 application form?
The last date to submit the online CAT exam 2021 application form was September 22, 2021, at 5 PM.
Question:Can CAT exam centre be changed?
Yes, at the time of the CAT 2021 application form correction window, candidates can make changes in the CAT exam centre.
Question:When will CAT 2021 registration starts?
The CAT 2021 registration began on August 4, 2021, at 10 AM.
Question:In how many cities are CAT 2021 being conducted?
The CAT 2021 is to be held in 159 test cities and more than 400 test centres.
Questions related to CAT
In todays competition is it necessary to prepare like cat level during preparing for sbi po mains examination?
It is important to follow suitable SBI PO preparation tips to pass the test. Students should cover the SBI PO curriculum with adequate time management, according to SBI PO Preparation recommendations.
The preliminary, mains and interview are three parts of SBI PO test. You must qualify at each level to be considered for the final allotment. As a banking sector exam, SBI PO is a little more challenging than other banking exams and one element that makes this test difficult is the large number of applicants. You must have a well thought out study approach to pass the exam.
The SBI PO Exam is the first step in the selection process. As per the SBI PO test pattern, candidates must master the core themes. The preparatory test has three types of questions: English language, reasoning, and quantitative ability. Candidates must be quick with math and knowledge to finish the task in the allocated time, despite the fact that the questions are up to 10th grade level. To obtain accuracy, you must first grasp the essential concepts and then practice as much as you can. 3-4 sample papers should be completed per day. Memorize all of the questions shortcuts so that you can answer it quickly.
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the prelims must sit for the SBI PO mains exam. The mains test is slightly more challenging than the preliminary exam. The mains test will include the same topics as the preliminary exam, including general and banking awareness, as well as computer ability. Candidates are advised to manage their time for each topic on a daily basis because the sectional cut off is essential to qualify.
One of the most important aspects of a successful study plan is time management. Don't spend too much time on one thing. Students must follow their regular schedule and strive to achieve their daily objectives. Students may learn about their preparation by taking the SBI PO sample test. You may revise quickly using your brief notes rather than going through the full chapter. Candidates are encouraged to read Newspapers on a daily basis. It will assist you in passing the general knowledge paper as well as the interview round.
Choosing the best books for preparation is very important. Through the link provided below you will be able to view the recommended books for preparation.
For further information regarding preparation and paper format, refer the link provided below.
Hope it helps!
I am getting a score of 512 in NEET 2021 and Im from Andhra Pradesh with GEN,EWS is there any chance to get a govt seat or even Cat A seat in any private clg in my state??
There is a chance that you would be able to secure a seat under the state quota considering your score. You can also try for private medical colleges or other courses like Bachelor in Dental Sciences (BDS), Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery etc using your NEET UG scores. I am writing below the private colleges and their cutoffs for you to have a better idea:
- Kasturi Medical College, Guntur- 509 marks
- Alluri Sitaramaraju Academy of Medical Sciences, Eluru- 523 marks
- Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Institute of Medical Sciences, Gannavaram- 512 marks
- GSL Medical College, Rajahmundhry- 506 marks
- NRI Institute of Medical College, Vishakhapatnam- 502 marks
- NRI Medical College, Guntur- 534 marks
- Maharaja Institute of Medical Sciences, Vizianagram- 507 marks
- Great Eastern Medical College, Srikakulam- 498 marks
can i have a chance to get A- cat seat in private college for 467 marks in neet 2021 and i belongs to telangana bcd category male
Nothing fixed can be said until NEET 2021 results come out. Cut offs and ranks vary every year depending on the difficulty level of the paper, the performance of the students and the number of seats available.
Keeping this in mind, based on previous year data you may get a rank between 132265-142031. You can also predict your rank using NEET Rank Predictor https://medicine.careers360.com/neet-rank-predictor?utm_source=qna&utm_medium=neet_rp
Based on previous year cut off of Telangana State Counselling, you can get management quota seats in the following colleges -
- Ayaan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Deccan College of Medical Sciences
- Dr Patnam Mahender Reddy Institute of Medical Sciences
- Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences
- MNR Medical College
- Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences
- RVM Medical College
- Shadan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Surabhi Institute of Medical Sciences
To get a complete list of colleges in which you can get MBBS/BDS seats, you can use NEET College Predictor https://medicine.careers360.com/neet-college-predictor?utm_source=qna&utm_medium=neet_cp
when will be CAT conducted for next academic year 2022-2023
CAT 2022 exam will be conducted on 27 November, 2022.The online registration process for the same will begin in the first week of August 2022.The CAT 2022 convening institute will be announced by May 2022.
Best of luck!!
private a cat seats in telengana
HERE I CAN PROVIDE THE LIST OF PRIVATE COLLEGES OF A CATEGORY
1.Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences And Research , Hyderabad
02. Malla Reddy Institute Of Mediacl Sciences
03 Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences, Karimnagar
04 MNR Medical College and Hospital, Sangareddy
05 Mamata Medical College, Khammam
06 SVS Medical College, Mahboobnagar.
hope this information helps you