About IPMAT 2021
Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT) 2021 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore on June 14, 2021. The application form of IPMAT 2021 will be available from the last week of February 2021. Eligible candidates can fill the online application on or before the second week of April 2021. The national level test will be conducted for admission to the Five-Year Integrated Program in Management (IPM). As per the IPMAT eligibility criteria set by the conducting body, candidates must have passed their standard X/ SSC and standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations with a minimum of 60 percent aggregate marks. IPMAT 2021 will be conducted in computer-based mode across various test centres across 34 cities across India. Thereafter, candidates who clear the IPMAT 2021 will further be called for the selection rounds followed by the final admission process.
IPMAT 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||IIM Indore Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test|
|Short Exam Name||IPMAT|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management Indore|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4130 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||120 Seats|
IPMAT 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
14 Jun, 2021
Exam - IPMAT 2021 | Mode: Online
The eligibility criteria for IPMAT 2021 is laid down by the conducting body, IIM Indore. It is mandatory to fulfill the IPMAT 2021 eligibility criteria in order to appear for the exam. The category-wise academic and age limit criteria are as below:
• General and NC-OBC Category: Minimum of 60 per cent aggregate in Standard X/ SSC and Standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations in 2008, 2009 & appearing in 2020.
• SC/ST and PWD (DA) Category: Minimum of 55 per cent aggregate in Standard X/ SSC and Standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations in 2008, 2009 & appearing in 2020.
• Age Limit: For general category candidates, the age limit is maximum of 20 years of age as on August 01, 2021. The SC/ST category candidates should not be more than 25 years of age as on August 01, 2021.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT
The IPMAT 2021 application form will be available on the official website of IIM Indore from the last week of February 2021. The deadline to submit the form with the application fee will be in the second week of April 2021. Aspirants are required to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form of IPMAT 2021. Candidates are also given the facility to edit their application form for certain fields.
IPMAT 2021 Application Fees
Application Fee (in Rs.)
SC, ST, PwD
|General||Online||Female, Male||₹ 4130|
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 2065|
IPMAT 2021 Syllabus
Quantitative ability (MCQ)
Quantitative ability (Short Answer Question)
Verbal ability (MCQ)
IPMAT 2021 will be conducted in computer-based mode for a duration of two hours. As per the prescribed exam pattern of IPMAT 2021, a total of 100 questions from broadly two areas - Quantitative Ability (Multiple Choice and Short Answer Questions) and Verbal Ability (Multiple Choice Questions). The sections were time bound, and the section-wise division was as follows:
IPMAT Exam Pattern 2021 - Section wise division
No. of Questions
Quantitative Ability- MCQ
Quantitative Ability- SA
IPMAT 2021 Marking Scheme
• Each correct answer fetched four marks.
• Negative marking of one mark was applicable on each incorrect answer. For the Quantitative Ability- SA section, there was no negative marking.
IIM Indore did not release an official syllabus for IPMAT 2021 exam. However, based on the past trends of questions asked, the type of questions asked cover the following topics:
QA Syllabus for IPMAT 2021
• Number System
• Set Theory
• Data Interpretation
• Geometry, Mensuration
• Percentage, Profit and Loss
• Time, Speed
• Distance, Time and Work
VA Syllabus for IPMAT 2021
• Paragraph Completion
• Reading Comprehension
• Word Jumble
• Word Usage
• Vocabulary and Analogy
• Para Jumble
• Fill in the Blanks and Grammar
IIM Indore will issue the admit card of IPMAT 2021 to those candidates who complete the application process. The IPMAT 2021 admit card will be available in online mode only. Candidates are required to take a print of the admit card after they download it. The hall ticket of IPMAT 2021 is an important document which must be carried to the exam centre on test day. Details like candidate’s name, photograph, exam date and venue will be mentioned on the admit card of IPMAT 2021.
IPMAT 2021 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- IPMAT 2021 admit card
- Valid photo ID
IIM Indore, the conducting body will declare the result of the IPMAT 2021 soon after the exam is conducted. Candidates can check the result in online mode only from the official website of IPMAT using their login credentials. IPMAT 2021 result shows the overall and sectional scores of test-takers. Candidates who have been shortlisted based on their IPMAT score will be called for further selection rounds of WAT and PI.
How to Check IPMAT Result 2021?
• Visit the official website of IIM Indore and go to IPMAT section
• Click on the “Results” button
• Enter your IPMAT 2021 application form number
• Enter in the registered email ID or Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format
• Now enter the Security Code/Password
• Click on 'Get Status' tab
• IPMAT 2021 result will be displayed. Download it and take two printouts.
Computation Process of IPMAT Result 2021
The table given below explains the formula which is used in order to compute the result/ score of IPMAT 2021:
Score in Quantitative Ability section
65 * (Candidate’s Score – Minimum Score)
(Max Score – Min. Score)
Score in Verbal Ability section
35 *(Candidate’s Score – Minimum Score)
(Max Score – Min. Score)
Aptitude Test Score
Sum of above scores (This will be a maximum of 100)
Note: Maximum and Minimum scores are the highest and lowest scores obtained by the candidates in each pool under the respective sections.
The cutoff of IPMAT 2021 will be released by IIM Indore. IPMAT cutoff signifies the minimum marks to be scored by test takers to be able to get shortlisted for the further rounds of selection. The shortlisted students who qualify the cutoff of IPMAT 2021 will be called for Writing Ability Test and Personal Interview. IIM Indore has released the previous year cutoff of IPMAT across different categories as given below:
Quantitative Ability (SA)
Quantitative Ability (MCQ)
The IPMAT 2021 selection process comprises of a two-step process. The first step requires the aspirants to appear in the IPM Aptitude Test. On the basis of overall score secured in the Aptitude Test (AT), candidates are shortlisted for the second stage which involves a Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI). Stage two of the IPMAT 2021 selection procedure will take place. After this, a final merit list of IPMAT will be announced which enlist the names of candidates eligible for admission in the Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) at IIM Indore for 2021 batch.
The selection procedure of IPMAT 2021 is likely to be held at eight cities. Typically the weightage given to the various stages of IPMAT selection process is as follows:
Aptitude test score - 50 percent (Written test - Quantitative Ability section + Verbal Ability section)
Personal interview - 35 percent
Written ability test - 15 percent
Also, as per the Government of India regulations or Reservation Norms, there is a reservation percentage for categories like Schedules Caste, Scheduled Tribe, OBC-NCL, and PwD which will be considered at the time of admission.
IPMAT 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- IPMAT 2021 admit card
- IPMAT 2021 score card
- Valid photo ID
- Mark sheet and certificates for class 10 and class 12
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the duration of the programme?
IPM is a 5 year integrated programme comprising of 15 terms. Each year having 3 terms of 3 months each.
Question: What is the eligibility criteria for Domestic Applicants?
Category wise IPMAT eligibility criteria listed below.
- For General and NC-OBC Category: Candidates should have secured minimum 60 percent in X and XII or equivalent. Maximum age should be 20 years as on July 31, 2020.
- For SC, ST and DA category: Candidates should have secured minimum 55 percent in X and XII or equivalent. Maximum age should be 22 years as on July 31, 2020.
Question: What is the selection process for IPM?
The IPM selection process involves two steps:
- Candidates need to appear for the Aptitude Test conducted by IIM- Indore
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview.
Question: What is the exam structure of the IPMAT?
The exam format of IPMAT are as follows:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time duration for the section|
|QA (MCQ)||40||40 Minutes|
|QA (SA)||20||40 Minutes|
|VA (MCQ)||40||40 Minutes|
Question: What is the marking scheme of the IPMAT?
For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded. For every incorrect answer 1 mark will get deducted. Non negative marking for Short Answer questions (QA-SA)
Questions related to IPMAT
does the registration form for IPM IIM Indore is the same as that for IPMAT 2021 registration released by IIM Rohtak or will there be separate registrations for both of them?
you have to register IPMAT for IIM Indore and IPMAT for IIM Rohtak separately..
when will the application form of ipmat 2021 will be released?
As of now the IPMAT 2021 registration dates have not been declared. However Indian Institute of Management, Indore will release the dates of IPMAT 2021 along with the official brochure any day now on the official website i.e. www.iimidr.ac.in
The IPMAT 2021 exam will take place on June 14, 2021.
Please refer to the following link for more details:
NEST EXAM 2021 and IPMAT exam 2021 is on same date . June 14th . what to do ? where to convey ?
Ideally, NEST for NISER and UM DAE, And IPMAT for IIM Indore IPM have nearly 99% different audiences and hence, the Date doesnt quite become an issue. In case you are applying for both the Tests, you must choose between one, unless their is a change in Date . You may convey your grievances to the Exam Regulatory Authority of IIM Indore or UMDAE, but you should expect any significant reply and action.
how to register for IPMAT exam
If you fulfil all the eligibility criteria then you can fill the form.
The following are the steps for the same:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.iimidr.ac.in
- Go to Registration of IPMAT 2021
- Register yourself and fill the IPMAT 2021 application form : Once on the official website, candidates should click on the “Register” button. To register a valid email ID and mobile number is required. The same is used by IIM Indore to have future communications with candidates related to updated information related to IPMAT. After filling in the details, a Login ID and Password will be emailed and sent a message on the mobile number by IIM Indore.
- Upload documents for IPMAT application form 2021: Using the login credentials, candidates will have to log in on the page of the IPMAT 2021 application form to fill it and upload the supporting documents.
- Application fee payment
- Take print out of the application form after the final submission
whose ALIGLIBEILITY for IPMAT exam?
The eligibility condition for IPMAT 2021 states that candidate should have passed higher senior secondary or any equivalent examination in 2019, 2020 or appearing in 2021.
Also only those candidates who were born on or after August 01, 2000. SC/ST/PwD category candidates will be given five year relaxation.
It also requires that candidates belonging to the general category should have minimum 60 percent in Higher secondary school certificate and Senior secondary school certificate or equivalent examination. SC/SC/PwD category candidates will be given 5% relaxation and will be allowed to register for IPMAT 2021 if they have 55 percent marks.
For more details please refer the below given link: