Direct MBA Admission Without Entrance Exam - Admission Process, Colleges, Placements
Direct MBA Admission Without Entrance Exam:Aspiring to take admission in MBA course? Did not appear for any MBA entrance exam? Well, worry not we are here to guide you on direct MBA admission without any entrance exam. Direct admission is offered by manytop private MBA colleges without taking entrance exam scores into consideration. However, it is not possible to get admission in IIMs or in the premier MBA colleges like XLRI, SPJIMR, or MDI without appearing for any MBA entrance exam. Also there is no facility for direct MBA admission in top colleges with low fees like FMS, JBIMS, SIMSREE, etc. So, it is advised that don’t be misguided by anyone promising direct admissions intop B-schools. Many private institutes also provide direct admissions in the MBA courses based on their different entrance exams or personal interviews or on the basis of the candidate’s score in graduation. Let us dive deep into the details on how to get direct admission in MBA colleges.
MBA seats in top B-schools in India
Top B-schools in India offering affordable MBA
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Admission without entrance exam
- Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream with a minimum score of 50% in aggregate.
- For reserved category, the score should at least be 45 percent
- Other institutes might accept scores in MAT, CMAT, NMAT, XAT, and SNAP
Application and Selection Process for Direct MBA admission
The direct MBA admission process and the key required documents for direct MBA admission are as under:
- Register at a particular MBA college website and fill up the application form
- Submit MBA application form with requisite application fee
- Keep ready your class X, XII and graduation mark sheets, certificates (if applicable) with copies
- On receiving call from the respective MBA college, attend GD-PI-WAT as required
- On receiving final admission offer, pay acceptance fee
MBA Admission without CAT Score card
If you are thinking that admission in MBA without a CAT score is not possible or there are no colleges offering an MBA without CAT score, you might be wrong. In fact, there are many MBA colleges offering direct admission without the scores of entrance exams. Similarly, many leading universities and colleges offer MBA without a CAT score. On the contrary, these top MBA colleges do not accept CAT scores for MBA admission. Although these colleges do not offer MBA without entrance exams, they surely offer MBA without the CAT score.
Direct MBA admission through the Management Quota (MQ)
There are several MBA colleges with Management quota (MQ) in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and other states within the territory. In Maharashtra, there are Institute level seats. One may get direct admission in top MBA colleges through Management quota or through the Institute level quota seats.
A declaration is confirmed by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra that has clarified, 20% of institute level seats can be offered through Management Quota (MQ). The instructions issued by DTE for MBA admission through Management quota seats or Institute level seats are that the Director/Principal of the respective un-aided management institute shall invite applications for the seats available by giving an advertisement or publicity in at least two newspapers and on the website of the respective Institutes.
The information brochure or prospectus of the institute, which specifies the rules for admission, should be published in an appropriate manner before the commencement of the process of admission for the institute Level or minority seats. All the information in the brochure should be displayed on the Institute’s website for direct admission in MBA college through Management quota seats. Eligible MBA aspirants can apply directly to the Director or Principal of the respective institute for the admission. Similar direct MBA admission opportunities also exist in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and other States.
Direct MBA admission to the NRI or PIO or Foreign National Candidates
The direct MBA admission for NRI candidates or for Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) candidates without entrance exam is possible in many MBA colleges. There is a seat reservation policy for MBA admission to Foreign nationals, NRI candidates, PIO candidates in most of the private MBA universities and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved PGDM B-schools.
In the MBA colleges of Maharashtra, the eligible NRI candidates may be offered direct MBA admission against the Institute Level Seats in Unaided Institutes.
The eligibility criteria for admissions against seats for NRI or Foreign Nationals/Foreign Students/ PIO/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries is that they must have basic educational qualification of graduation as specified in the brochure of the college. If they have not appeared in any entrance exam for MBA admission, they may alternately appear in CET conducted by the Association of all the colleges of a particular type in the State.
So, if the aspirants is looking for Direct MBA Admission without Entrance Exams, there are many options.
Top B-schools offering MBA admission without entrance exams
University/ MBA Colleges
Mody University School of Business
Pros & Cons of Direct Admission into an MBA college
- Exam preparation of top MBA entrance exams like CAT, XAT, GMAT requires 9-12 months of dedicated studies, which means the candidate will be able to join a MBA institute only after a year, while in case of direct admission, the candidate can start MBA course immediately after graduation.
- Getting direct admission would mean that you will save more time and get into some of the best institutes of management at an early age.
- The placements offered through direct admissions are good, however, the salary package might be low.
- Usually, top companies offer higher packages to those who opted for entrance exams like CAT and got admission into top IIMs.
- By opting for exams like CAT, one can have higher chances of getting into the best IIMs.