CAT Registration 2021 - Correction Window Starts (Sep 25-27) at iimcat.ac.in, Fees
CAT Registration 2021: The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) has opened IIM CAT 2021 application form correction window on September 25, 2021. Candidates can edit certain details such as photo, signature, and CAT exam city preference in the submitted CAT application form by visiting the official website- iimcat.ac.in. Candidates can make corrections in CAT application form till September 27 (5 PM).
Latest Updates for CAT
Stay up-to date with CAT News
In order to complete the CAT exam registration 2021, candidates had to pay the CAT registration fee of Rs 2,200 for the General/Unreserved category and Rs 1,100 for SC/ ST/ OBC and other reserved categories. To know more details like how to fill the CAT application form, CAT registration fees, required documents for CAT registration, etc here.
CAT Registration 2021- Important links
CAT Registration 2021
Common Admission Test (CAT 2021) will be held on November 28, (Sunday) this year. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA were eligible to fill the CAT exam registration form. Also, final-year students could apply and appear for the CAT entrance exam. This year around 2.31 lakh candidates have registered for CAT 2021 exam. As per last year's trends, there were approximately 2,27,835 candidates who filled the CAT application form.
CAT Exam Registration Latest Update
- September 25, 10 AM: CAT 2021 application correction facility opens. Check here how to edit the details.
- September 20, 5:13 PM: IIM Ahmedabad will close CAT registration window on September 22. Check tips to ensure error-free CAT registration
- September 15, 4:52 PM: IIM Ahmedabad has extended CAT 2021 registration date till September 22
- September 15, 9:44 AM: IIM Ahmedabad will close CAT 2021 registration window today. IIM CAT Exam 2021 registration will open till 5:00 PM
- September 9, 6:56 PM: IIM CAT exam 2021: How to prepare for this MBA entrance in these three months; Know patterns and best books
- August 18, 12:38 PM: IIM Ahmedabad issued a notification in which they have mentioned changes in CAT eligibility criteria. Know more about changed CAT eligibility criteria- CAT 2021: Eligibility criteria for candidates with “promotion/ pass” certificate
- August 12, 6:58 PM: No changes have been made to the CAT 2021 exam pattern. The exam will be for 2 hours and will have MCQs and non-MCQs. Know more-IIM CAT 2021: Here's the exam pattern and some important topics to prepare
- August 10, 5:14 PM: Along with CAT notification, IIM Ahmedabad has released the list of test cities and exam dates. Check the entire list of CAT test centers and other details here- CAT 2021: Exam to be held on November 28 in 159 cities; Know them all here
- August 5, 2:15 PM: IIM Ahmedabad started CAT registration on August 4, those who are going to fill CAT application form should click on this link to know Mistakes to avoid while filling the CAT form 2021
- August 4, 10:00 AM: Check out the step by step guide to know all the details pertaining to registration-CAT 2021: Registration started at iimcat.ac.in, here's how to apply
- August 4, 7:00 AM: IIM Ahmedabad has activated the CAT registration link on the CAT 2021 official website- iimcat.ac.in. Know all details here- CAT 2021: Registration starting today at 10 am; Know how to apply
- August 3: In the released CAT notification, IIM Ahmedabad specifies all the dates pertaining to CAT 2021. Know more- CAT application form 2021 releasing tomorrow at 10 am; keep these documents ready
Ongoing MBA Admission 2021
CAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates interested in applying for CAT this year must keep a regular track of the important dates and events related to registration. For the ease of the applicants, we list below all the important CAT application dates and events so that no deadline is missed.
CAT Exam Registration 2021: Important Dates
CAT exam registration date starts from
August 4, 2021, at 10 AM
CAT last date to apply 2021
Correction of CAT application form
September 25 (10 AM) to September 27, 2021 (5 PM)
Availability of CAT Admit Card
October 27, 2021, at 5 PM
CAT Exam Date 2021
November 28, 2021 (Sunday)
CAT 2021 aspirants can also check:
CAT Application Form 2021: Check CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 before applying for the exam
IIM Ahmedabad had released the CAT 2021 eligibility criteria which must be met by every CAT exam applicant to avoid cancellation of candidature at a later stage. Candidates are advised to commence CAT registration 2021 only after ensuring that they are eligible to apply. The table below lists the eligibility criteria of CAT 2021.
CAT exam eligibility criteria
Academic Qualification for CAT 2021
Required Marks in Graduate
50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA (40% for SC/ ST/ PwD)
Age Limit for CAT 2021
No Age Restriction to apply for CAT 2021
Based on category
In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the CAT committee has made the following exceptions for CAT 2021 eligibility criteria.
- Candidates in the final year- CAT applicants with "promotion/pass" instead of "award of marks" certificate in any of the last two years of the graduate program can enter the "Promotion or PPass" option in the online CAT application form. This will allow them to complete & submit the CAT application form despite the requirements of minimum (45% and 50% [or equivalent CGPA] respectively). This CAT eligibility criteria relaxation is also applicable to those final year candidates with an "award" of marks.
Note- This exception is available only to those who are completing their graduation this year or are in the final year of the bachelor's program (graduation years - 2021 and 2022)
- Candidates graduated in 2020 and 2021- Due to the implementation of the above point and considering that there could be different evaluation patterns adopted by various universities across the country due to pandemic, the CAT 2021 committee has decided to remove the minimum percentage criteria for appearing for the CAT 2021 entrance exam.
Note- This exception is made to ensure parity to applicants who have completed their graduation in 2020 and 2021.
Other MBA Entrance Exams that you can apply for
CAT Registration 2021: Documents needed for filling the form
Candidates should have the following details ready before starting CAT exam registration 2021. It is advisable to keep the documents and enclosures scanned in advance in the prescribed format to avoid the expiry of the CAT 2021 login.
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience Certificate (if any)
- Payment Details
Check out this video for complete details on what all to be kept ready in advance for filling CAT application form.
CAT Exam Form 2021: Size/Format of Documents
Colour Passport Photograph
30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)
JPEG/JPG in 150 px/inch (min)
Maximum 80 KB
Signature (Black/ Blue)
80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)
PwD Certificate to be uploaded during CAT 2021 registration
Download the Certificate of Disability (PwD) forms to fill up the CAT exam registration 2021 and click on the given links
SC/ ST/ EWS/ NC-OBC Certificate to be uploaded during CAT registration 2021
Click on the links provided to download the official certification forms for IIM CAT exam registration 2021
Browse Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise
How to fill CAT 2021 Application Form?
Though IIM Ahmedabad is expected to open a CAT correction window we suggest candidates double-check the information they are filling in the CAT form to avoid any mistakes. Invalid or incorrect details in the CAT application form 2021 can lead to its rejection.
Guidelines to follow for CAT Registration 2021
- Candidates have to apply for the CAT exam on or before the CAT registration last date (September 22, 2021).
- Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome (prefer the latest version) are the recommended browsers for CAT exam registration 2021.
- Keep all required images and documents ready so that there are no delays or mistakes during uploading at the time of registering for the CAT exam 2021.
- Keep all educational information and documents on hand to avoid misleading or enter wrong information during CAT exam registration.
- Make sure that the photo, signature, and other required documents required for CAT 2021 registration are ready to be uploaded in a prescribed format and size.
- Before the final submission, please have someone check the details entered to avoid submitting errors in the CAT exam form.
- Choose which selection centers and decide the order of preference. Select convenient and easily accessible centers with current traffic issues in mind. You must enter six cities in the CAT exam 2021 application form.
- Read and find out the participating institutes. This will help to fill the courses and institutes in the CAT application form 2021.
- Please register and complete the application before the CAT 2021 registration deadline.
|CAT exam pattern 2021||CAT 2021 syllabus|
|CAT notification 2021||CAT Important Dates 2021|
|CAT mock test 2021||CAT Quantitative Aptitude syllabus|
|How to fill CAT application form 2021|
Mistakes to avoid during CAT 2021 registration
Candidates are required to remember the following points during the CAT Exam Registration 2021.
- It is mandatory to fill in all the fields marked “*” during the CAT registration.
- Make sure there are no misspellings as some fields cannot be edited after registration.
- Click ‘Save & Continue’ after completing each section of the CAT Form.
- Use the mouse to click instead of the "Tab" key.
- Since the CAT form can be filled out in several sessions it is essential to save the information already entered after each session.
- Any changes or corrections to the CAT online registration can be made up to the point where the CAT registration fees are paid. Editing cannot be done after that.
- There will be no change in the section after CAT registers; So be extra careful when registering for CAT 2021 and avoid mistakes.
- Use the recommended browsers to confirm successful CAT registration 2021.
- Before the final submission of the CAT exam 2021 application form, double-check all the details. Make sure the details in the CAT Exam 2021 record match the educational documents.
Must for CAT Preparation 2021
Top Colleges in India offering Management Courses
How to register for CAT 2021?
Here's a step-by-step guide to fill the CAT 2021 application form. The candidates can follow these steps while CAT exam registration 2021 to complete the process hassle-free.
Step-by-step guide to fill CAT application form 2021
Interested candidates can apply for the Common Admission Test 2021 for the CAT exam in online mode. Here, we provide the procedure to fill the CAT application form 2021 online.
Step 1: First, Go to the official CAT 2021 website i.e. iimcat.ac.in
Step 2: Next, click the “New Candidate Registration” button on the right side of the CAT 2021 official website.
Step 3: It will carry the applicant to the CAT registration page. From there, aspirants have to enter the below essential details such as,
Name of the Candidate
Date of Birth
Mobile Number and
Step 4: After entering all the required details, click on the “Generate OTP” button. The OTP will be sent to the applicant's registered mail id. By using the OTP, candidates can complete the CAT 2021 registration process.
Step 5: Then log in to the candidate's dashboard and fill the CAT Exam Application Form 2021 with required details like,
Other Personal Details
Emergency Contact Details
Upload Documents (in a prescribed format and size)
Step 6: Fill in the academic/ qualification details of SSC/ Class 10, HSC/ Class 12, Bachelor’s Degree Details, Master’s Degree Details, Other Professional Degree Details.
Step 7: Once the above process is done, the applicants need to enter the work experience details if any.
Step 8: Enter other personal details, communication details, emergency contact details and upload all the required documents in a prescribed format.
Step 9: Then select the work experience details (if any), IIM Programmes & Interview Cities. Choose any six preferred CAT 2021 test cities.
Step 10: Final process of the CAT 2021 registration process is to make the payment online for an application fee.
For General Category Candidates: Rs 2200/-
For SC/ ST/ PwD: Rs 1100/-
CAT 2021 Registration - Transaction Fees
Mode of payment
Transaction Charges for CAT 2021 registration
Credit Card (Master/ Visa)
1.20% of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.
Credit Card (American Express)
2.85% of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.
Debit Card (Master/ Visa)
0.75% of the transaction amount for value up to Rs 2000 and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.
0.90% of the transaction amount for value above Rs 2000.
Rs 20 per transaction
Other payment methods
PayU, BillDesk, and Paytm
Preview CAT Registration 2021 form
Candidates should preview the completed CAT 2021 form before paying the CAT registration fees. No change will be allowed in the CAT application form upon payment of the fee. So don’t forget to check the filled CAT 2021 application form before making payment.
Confirmation email after successful CAT registration 2021
Candidates will receive a confirmation mail once the CAT application fee is paid. This should be kept safe as it is proof of payment for the CAT Exam 2021 registration. As well as a confirmation message will be sent to the candidate's registered mobile.
Forgot CAT 2021 Login ID?
Candidates who have forgotten their CAT login ID, do not panic. Follow the information below to retrieve a user ID.
Click the "Forgot User ID/ Password" button and enter the registered email ID and captcha to get the CAT user ID in the registered email id.
Forgot CAT 2021 Login Password?
Candidates should follow the same procedure we discussed for retrieving the CAT login ID.
Click the "Forgot User ID/ Password" tab on the CAT official website and enter the registered email ID and captcha. The new password will be sent to the candidate's registered email address. If multiple passwords are used, candidates should use the password contained in the most recent SMS received from IIM.
NOTE: Regenerated CAT login passwords will not be sent as SMS.
CAT 2021 Application Form Correction Window
IIM Ahmedabad will open the correction window for the CAT application form on September 25 (10 AM) and it will close on September 27 (5 PM). Mistakes in scanned images of photographs, signatures, or CAT exam centre preference can be modified during the period of the CAT application form correction window. Also, applicants can make changes to the test city option. Aspirants must log in and adjust the images as needed.
Un-editable details in CAT Exam Registration 2021
Candidates will not be able to edit the personal details entered during registration after confirmation of submission.
Date of Birth (DOB)
If they make a mistake in these details they will have to register again with a new email id.
Details entered in the latest CAT exam registration 2021 will be considered in such a case. CAT Admit Card 2021 will be issued for that.
Failure to re-register in such circumstances may result in the cancellation of the candidature.
CAT Admit Card 2021
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad will release CAT 2021 admit card in online mode on the CAT 2021 official website- iimcat.ac.in. Registered candidates will be able to download CAT admit card by entering CAT login details. On the day of examination, it is mandatory to carry IIM CAT admit card.
CAT Registration Year Wise Trends
As per the past ten years of CAT registration trends, the number of registration has been very. Take a look at the CAT registration trends over the last thirteen years.
CAT Application Trend Over the Past Decade
Total Number of Application
CAT 2021 Highlights
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is the national level entrance test conducted by IIM Ahmedabad for the students seeking admission in 20 IIMs, and top level MBA colleges like SPJIMR, IITs, IMI, MDI, JBIMS, FMS as well as more than 500 B-schools in the country.
CAT full form
Common Admission Test
CAT 2021 conducting body
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
Mode of the CAT Registration 2021
CAT Registration Fees
Duration of the exam
2 Hours (120 Minutes)
Medium of CAT Exam 2021
Exam is conducted in CBT mode
CAT 2021 Official Website
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CAT Registration 2021 - Correction Window Starts (Sep 25-27) at iimcat.ac.in, Fees
Question: When CAT Notification 2021 release?
The CAT 2021 notification had been released on July 31, 2021. Along with CAT notification, the authority has announced the CAT registration process commencement date.
Question: When CAT Registration 2021 begins?
The CAT 2021 registration process began on August 4, 2021, at 10 AM.
Question: My University name is not mentioned in the drop-down list while filling the CAT application form 2021?
If your university name does not appear in the drop-down list, you can continue the registration process by selecting the "Others" option from the drop-down list.
Question: What is the fee for the CAT exam 2021?
CAT Registration Fees of Rs 2200 for General and NC-OBC candidates and Rs 1100 for SC/ ST/ PwD category.
Question: What is the difference between a CAT registration and an application form?
CAT Registration 2021 is the creation of the login ID and account used to fill out the application form. Applicants details should be entered in the CAT application, which is available only when a candidate registers.
Question: Who can apply under the EWS category?
Click here to see if you can apply for CAT exam 2021 under the EWS category.
Question: What are the documents required for CAT application form?
Before filling CAT application form, candidates must sure that they carry all the following documents.
- Valid mobile number
- Email ID
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
- Personal details
- Past academic details
- Work experience certificate (if any)
- Payment details (credit/ debit card or net banking details)
Question: How to edit CAT application form after submission?
Candidates can do the modification in the submitted CAT application form from September 25 (10 AM) to September 27 (5 PM). NOTE: All the data can not be edited in the CAT exam 2021 application form.
Question: What is cat registration No?
In order to fill CAT application form, candidates need to register first by entering few details. After successfully CAT registration, system will show a unique CAT registration number.
Question: How to get admission in IIM Ahmedabad?
To get admission in IIMA, then you have to crack the CAT 2021 with the required percentile. The IIM Ahmedabad minimum cutoff for CAT 2021 is expected to be 80.
Question: What is the last date of CAT form submission?
The last date to fill CAT form 2021 was September 22, 2021, at 5 PM.
Question: How do I register for CAT 2021?
- Step 1: Visit the CAT 2021 official site.
- Step 2: Find and click the "New Register Candidates" link.
- Step 3: Next, fill the registration form with your name, mobile number, and email id.
- Step 4: Fill the CAT application form with academic details, personal details, communication details and etc.
- Step 5: Choose the CAT test centre and Upload the required documents.
- Step 6: Pay the CAT application fee and click the submit button.
CAT 2021 application form correction window has been started b...
CAT Participating Institutes 2021 - CAT 2021 scores will be ac...
How to fill CAT 2021 Application Form - Candidates who want to...
CAT 2021 Exam Dates - IIMA has extended the CAT 2021 applicati...
10 Best Colleges in Ahmedabad to pursue an MBA Degree - Studen...
Questions related to CAT
i want admission on iim for that i had to clear CAT exam so i need full details about CAT course
CAT is not a course rather an entrance examination through which you can get into IIMs and many other B-schools.
Here's the complete detail about CAT
CAT i. e Common Admission Test is a national level entrance examination for admission in MBA/PGDM in B- Schools, including IIMs and several other prestigious B- Schools. It is conducted by IIMs themselves every year in rotation in online mode/computer based examination in English medium and it is accepted by 1100+ B-Schools.
>>>>>>>> Eligibility criteria
CAT eligibility criteria says that:
To be eligible for CAT ,
you need a Bachelor's/graduation degree in any discipline
you must have got at least 50 per cent marks or equivalent CGPA in your graduation . SC/ST/PH students need only at least 45 percentage in Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline to be eligible .
Candidates who are in the final year of their graduation are also eligible for CAT examination.
There is no age restriction to be eligible
It is not mandatory to have work experience to be eligible
For detailed information about eligibility go through
>>>>>>>> CAT examination pattern:-
CAT EXAMINATION PATTERN
Mode of examination
Online i. e Computer-Based Mode
Name of the Section
There are 3 sections :-
----------) VARC i. e Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
----------) DILR i. e Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
----------) Quantitative Aptitude
Types of questions asked
There are 2 types of questions in CAT
----------) mcqs &
----------) non - mcqs
---------) +3 marks for each correct answer
---------) -1 marks for each wrong answer in case of MCQs ,
---------) No negative marking is there for wrong answers in case of non-mcqs
You can get the complete examination pattern:-
>>>>>>>> How to prepare for CAT
Follow the below tips:-
********* First of all go through its syllabus and examination pattern so that you can prepare accordingly.
Your CAT examination has 3 sections :-
----------) VERBAL ABILITY AND READING COMPREHENSION ( VARC) :- Reading is the key to score good marks in VARC, you need to go through newspapers, articles, journals, etc so that you can improve your reading skills. While reading note down the new words and write their meanings to improve your vocabulary. You need to practice questions based on comprehension, para jumbles and inference.
>>>> Best books for VARC
Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis ( to improve your vocabulary)
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay
Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT by Ajay Singh
----------)DATA INTERPRETATION AND LOGICAL REASONING (DILR) :- You need to practice topics like blood relations ,seating arrangements, syllogisms,Propositions, etc to have a good hold on this section. Unlike maths, there's no formula in DILR so practice is the key, the more you practice, the better you get.
>>>> Best books for DILR :-
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by K. Sinha Nishit
----------)QUANTITATIVE ABILITY (QA) :- First clear your basics of maths, you need to go through topics like profit and loss, geometry, Arithmetic, number system, Time-Speed and Distance etc . Avoid the use of calculator so that you can do improve your calculation speed. For each topic, you can write down important fomulas and short tricks on a sheet of paper so that it's easy for you during revision.
>>>> Best best books you can follow for QA:-
How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
Quantitative Aptitude Quantum by Sarvesh K Verma
********* Make a time table, give more time to the subject you are weak at , for example if you are weak at Quantitive ability then give it more time.
********* Plan your studies, and set daily, weekly and monthly goals and meet them without any fail.
*********Solve previous year question papers of CAT :-it will let you know the examination pattern, type and difficulty level of questions, also concepts behind the question often gets repeated, so you should definitely solve year papers . You can get cat previous year question papers at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/cat-question-papers
*********Once you are done with complete CAT syllabus then go through CAT mock test papers , it will let you know your preparation level and and weak areas so that you can work on them and perform well in your examination
For detailed information about how to prepare go through
can you please guide me where I star preparing for cat exam
A proper mindset and dedication is required to crack CAT entrance. You need to make a proper time table, a proper strategy. Understand the pattern of the exam, your capability, your strong and weak area/portion.
There are total 3 section in CAT exam -
- Verbal and reading comprehension (VARC)
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning (DI and LR)
- Quantitative analysis (QA)
Try to read a lot of vocabulary related books such as Word power made easy, or you can read any novels too, This will make your reading comprehension more strong in verbal section.
Read the newspaper everyday, this will make you aware about the current affairs.
Complete the basic concepts of quanta, you can start doing maths problem of 10th grade.
You can join any class for CAT exam, this will help you to make your doubts clear.
Start giving mock tests, as you know practice makes a man perfect. Try to practice a lot this will help in boost your confidence and your flow. Join the test series and stick to your schedule. Focus on smart learning.
Later on, test your accuracy and your preparation. Solve previous year papers, don't lose hope if you aren't scoring well in mock tests. Try to give your best.
Stay motivated and focused.
Hope this helps !
All the best for your bright future
from where most of questions comes in CAT exam
You have to be regular with your studies , be updated about current affairs, for making vocab string you should read newpaper , books.
regularity is the most important thing for crack the CAT.
every year questions are different so it is hard to predict.
i hope this information is helpful for you.
I am currently in my final year in the 5th semester of my college. my 6th and final semester will get over by July. can I give the cat exam then fir MBA admissions
Yes it is possible that student who is pursuing his last year in bachelor's degree can appear for Common Aptitude Test for MBA admission. However the candidate must have completed their bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks for reserved categories.
For more details click here:
can I get q govt seat for 520 marks in Karnataka, I am OBC cat 1 pls say
According to prior year's cut-offs or scores, your prospects of getting into a government medical institution in Karnataka under the first category are high.
Private institutions or designated universities, on the other hand, may provide opportunities.
You may see the previous year's cut-off (AIQ) and the state quota for Karnataka below.
Click below to see which institutions you might be eligible for based on your category, state quota, and NEET score.
I hope it helps.