CAT Quant Syllabus 2022 - Quantitative Aptitude Questions pdf, Mock Test
CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2022 - Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore will conduct CAT 2022 on November 27. There is no predefined syllabus for CAT 2022 quantitative aptitude section, however, Careers360 provides you with the compiled CAT syllabus 2022 which has been determined on the basis of the past years' question papers of CAT.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
In the quantitative aptitude section of CAT, there are 22 questions that will be asked. The aim to provide CAT quant syllabus 2022 is to enable the candidates to identify which topics they find difficult and which might require more time as compared to others.
CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2022 - Overview
Candidates who will appear for the Common Admission Test must be well versed with CAT exam syllabus for IIM and its quantitative aptitude syllabus. There is no syllabus provided on the CAT exam syllabus 2022 official website. Moreover, while trying to cover the syllabus of quantitative aptitude, candidates can also check what are the best books for them. Also, it is imperative for the candidates to be aware of the CAT exam pattern.
Read the full article to know all the details related to the CAT exam syllabus for quantitative aptitudes such as the topics that are covered, how many questions are likely to be asked in CAT 2022, what are the best books and preparation tips.
Browse Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise
Name of the section
Number of questions
Type of questions asked
MCQ and TITA (Non-MCQs)
Number of MCQs
Number of TITA questions
Sectional time limit for QA
Yes, 40 minutes (53 Minutes 20 Seconds for PwD candidates)
Moderate to high
+3 for every correct answer
-1 for every wrong/incorrect answer
CAT Exam Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
The quantitative aptitude of CAT 2022 consists of numerical-based questions to assess the candidate’s mathematical skill and accuracy. The CAT quantitative aptitude syllabus includes questions related to elementary and basic mathematics.
This section will consist of a section-time limit of 40 minutes (53 Minutes 20 Seconds for PwD candidates). On the basis of previous year's CAT question papers, let’s have look at the important topics of the CAT quant syllabus 2022.
Top Colleges in India offering Management Courses
Topics for CAT 2022 Quant Syllabus
LCM & HCF
Set theory & Function
Quadratic and Linear Equations
Ratio, Proportion & Variation
Speed, Time and Distance
Profit, Loss and Discount
Permutation and Combination
Progressions and Series
Quantitative Aptitude Questions
Quantitative Aptitude Shortcut Techniques for CAT
Number System Shortcut for CAT
Shortcuts in Averages
Points, Lines and Planes
Graphical Division Geometry
Applications of Averages
Application of Power Cycle
Constant Product Rule
Laws in Set Theory
Properties of Ratio
Boats and Streams for CAT
Escalator Questions for CAT
Topics and Total Number of Expected Questions in Quantitative Aptitude
Some of the topics are expected to repeat in CAT 2022 on the basis of the previous year’s question paper analysis. There are a total of 26 questions among which 8 questions in TITA (Non-MCQs) and 18 questions in MCQs. Check the table below to know the expected topics and their number of questions.
Expected Topics and Number of Questions
Number of Expected Questions
Geometry & Mensuration
Marks Distribution of CAT Quantitative Aptitude 2022
Expected Number in percentage
Best Books for CAT Quant Syllabus 2022
Candidates can refer to some of the important books for CAT quant syllabus section as mentioned below:
CAT 2022 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus Books
Name of the book
Name of the author
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT
Quantitative Aptitude for CAT and Other MBA Entrance Exams
Trishna Knowledge Systems (Pearson)
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Abhijit Guha (Tata McGraw-Hill)
The Complete CAT Digest, by Tata McGraw-Hill
Tips and Strategies to prepare for CAT Quantitative Aptitude
Students must follow the following tips and strategies suggested by experts and toppers while preparing for CAT quantitative aptitude.
People might be interested in-
|CAT Exam Syllabus 2022||CAT Exam Pattern 2022|
|CAT Participating Institutes 20221||CAT Cutoff 2022|
|CAT Result 2022||CAT Important Dates 2022|
Focus on basics
Pick a topic and start solving various questions until you are clear
Practice each concept one by one and gradually move to difficult questions or topics
Prepare time table
Go through the CAT quant syllabus and exam pattern
Identify the topics which are uncovered
Assess the time to be needed to cover each topic
Take mock tests
Familiarize with the type of questions asked in the exam by solving mock tests/ previous year question papers
Helps you give exam environment and prepare you for D-day
Analyze your performance and weak and strong areas.
Practice as per sectional time limit
A sectional time limit of quantitative aptitude is 40 minutes, follow the time pattern while solving mock test
Assign time for each question. Don’t waste time over a question
Focus on weak areas
After giving mock tests of CAT, analyze the weak areas
Overcome that mistake by practicing various questions on the particular topic from recommended books
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CAT Quant Syllabus 2022 - Quantitative Aptitude Questions pdf, Mock Test
Question: How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude section for CAT 2022?
Quantitative aptitude requires a lot of practice, and to save time to practice, one should follow all the small and simple tricks to increase his practice and reduce errors. He would often have to provide pseudo-tests and go through different research materials and books of different sizes to strengthen the basic concept and basics.
Question: What is the syllabus of Quant in CAT?
CAT Quantitative Aptitude refers to a person's ability to solve number and mathematical calculations in a given time. It logically evaluates the ability to play with numbers. This is often required in most competitive exams.
Question: What is the syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude for CAT?
This MBA entrance is not having any defined CAT exam syllabus. So, students are required to prepare from various topics and more or less rely on the previous year’s question sets of CAT. So, to solve this dilemma, they have to follow the Toppers tactic and the opinion of the experts. At the same time, a candidate should try to appear in the fake tests that are often available online.
Question: What are the topics in quantitative aptitude?
Following are the most crucial topics to prepare for CAT 2022 Quantitative Aptitude Test.
Permutations and Combination
Time and work
Profit and loss
Simple and compound interest
Calendar and clock (not too imp)
Time, speed and distance
Question: Which are the best books for the CAT Quantitative Aptitude Section?
Previous year’s papers are the best to practice and check your CAT preparation. Practice and practice because it will make you perfect. Candidates can refer to some of the best books for CAT 2022 like Arun Sharma, Abhijeet Guha, NCERT, etc.
Question: Which are the best CAT experts Quantitative Aptitude Tips & Tricks to score high in the Quant section?
The weightage of each topic must be checked by students in order to decide how much time they wish to devote to that particular QA topic. It is recommended that students should focus more on the basic topics of number systems and geometry as they hold a good amount of weightage in the CAT 2022 entrance exam.
Not only in CAT but other top business institutes that also cover most of these topics from the Quantitative Aptitude section. When students are done with the basic concepts, they should pick up past year’s question papers and practice them
Question: Is Quant difficult in CAT?
Most of the candidates for the CAT 2022 exam believe Quantitative Aptitude to be the hardest section.
Question: How do I start my quantitative aptitude preparation?
The candidates must analyse the CAT exam syllabus of quantitative aptitude first. It should be followed by extensive practice with the suggested tips and tricks to crack this section.
Question: Is CAT hard to crack?
CAT is among the prestigious MBA entrance exam. However, it can be cracked with good preparation.
Question: What level of maths is asked in CAT?
The CAT question will be from basic and elementary mathematics.
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body released the CAT...
CAT Percentile Predictor 2022 - Predict your CAT percentile by...
IIM CAP 2023 - Common Admission Process is a selection process...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!