Reasons To Take CAT Free Mock Test, Tips And Timing
Why, When, and How to Take CAT Mock Test 2022? - Well it is rightly said by Aristotle, “For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” During the course of the preparation, one thing that comes to the mind of the candidates is Why, when, and how to take CAT mock test? IIM Bangalore has released the official CAT mock test series at its official website. on November 9.
Click here to check CAT Mock Test- Solved Exam Paper & Sample Questions.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Why, When and How to Take CAT Mock Test?
CAT mock test 2022 aims at helping candidates get acquainted with different aspects of CAT 2022 such as how to write answers, exam patterns, difficulty level, etc. There will be a specially designed CAT mock test for low-vision candidates as well. With an increasing no. of candidates registering for the CAT exam, the level of competition has also increased.
|CAT 2022 mock test link||Click here|
|CAT mock test 2022 link - For PwD Candidates (Blindness and Low Vision)||Click here|
|CAT 2022 mock test link - For Other PwD Candidates||Click here|
This article by Careers360 will help candidates to understand the importance of the CAT mock test series, when and how candidates can take up the test. Read the complete article to stay updated with details related to the IIM entrance exam, CAT 2022.
CAT Mock Test Links:
Benefits of CAT Free Mock Test 2022 - Why To Take?
Candidates who have filled out the application form of CAT 2022 will be able to access the free CAT mock test, using their application number and date of birth. Candidates can take the CAT mocks from anywhere in online mode. All they need is a computer and an internet connection. Those who do not have a computer can take the CAT mock test by IIM from a cyber cafe as well. The best advantage of CAT mock is that it helps you assess your preparation for the CAT exam. Moreover, there are many other benefits as mentioned below.
CAT Mock Test 2022
Understanding the exam pattern
Know time management
Know the exam questions
Understanding the exam pattern
Candidates who will take up the mock test of CAT will get familiar with the revised exam pattern in a well-versed manner. Details related to the nature of questions, total questions in each section that will be asked, simulated exam day environment, etc., can be equated by candidates. All major areas are covered under the free CAT mock test series and this makes candidates good to go for the entrance exam.
Quick Links -
Why take CAT Mock Test - Self Analysis
By appearing in free CAT mock test 2022, candidates will be able to assess themselves. Candidates will also get to know which areas in the CAT syllabus 2022 where there is a need for improvement and help in identifying those areas. With regard to the question as to why to take real CAT mock test is that it will help the candidates identify their weak areas. Instead of giving just a single mock test, it is better to take CAT mock test series at different stages of preparation so you can prepare according to improvement.
Know time management
As per the exam pattern of CAT 2022, there is sectional timing in the paper. The mock test is similar to CAT 2022, which means candidates have to answer the total number of questions within the time duration of 120 minutes. The situation could be challenging, hence by taking CAT mock test series, candidates get to formulate a strategy for time management so as to answer maximum accurate questions without losing time.
Know the exam questions
Toppers of CAT have admitted that if you are lucky then you may find similar questions in CAT like the ones attempted during CAT preparation. Henceforth, we can say that through the real CAT mock test paper, candidates definitely get an idea of the type of questions that will be asked.
Previous year CAT question paper
|Year-wise CAT question papers||CAT question paper download link|
Download CAT 2020 question paper PDF
Download CAT 2020 slot 2 question paper
|CAT 2020 slot 1 question paper PDF||Download Here|
Previous year CAT question paper PDF
Download CAT 2019 question paper
CAT 2018 question paper PDF
Downlaod CAT 2017 question paper
CAT previous years question papers PDF
When and How to Take CAT Mock Test?
As mentioned earlier, the real CAT 2022 mock test can be taken before starting the preparation or if the candidates want to give it a shot after they are well-versed, they can also take it up later. In fact, taking CAT mock test by IIM in series benefits candidates in clearing the CAT exam with a good CAT score and percentile. CAT free mock test 2022 has been released on November 9. Here is the breakdown of the CAT mock test series for the help of candidates in deciding the times when they take a CAT mock test.
Stage 1: Pre-preparation mocks
Stage 2: During the preparation
Stage 3: Before 2-4 months of examination
Stage 4: 1-2 weeks before the examination
Let us look at each stage in an elaborative form to have a better understanding of when to take the CAT mock test.
Stage 1 - Pre-Preparation Mocks
It is advisable for candidates to take a mock test before they start their CAT preparation. The major advantage of taking a mock test of CAT 2022 beforehand helps candidates in knowing the major topics which need more focus. Somansh, who scored 100 percentile in CAT 2019, while sharing his preparation strategy on why, when, and how to take the CAT mock test stated, “My basic preparation strategy was to identify my weak areas and practice those topics extensively in a short time so that I am able to recognize the pattern of mistakes and then track my progress through mocks.” Take at least 5-10 mock before you start your preparation.
Quick Links -
Stage 2 - During The Preparation
CAT Topper Ronit Banerjea said, “I was also regular with my attendance of scheduled mocks and attempting of sectional mocks, which help boost my performances in all 3 sections. I had an edge in VARC owing to my general comfort in the language, but a constant fear of the LRDI section ensured I was regular with my practice.” Candidates who do not wish to wait till the last few months can also opt for the preparation mocks. Once you study a topic, try finding questions related to that in a mock test. Candidates can also search for related topics in CAT question papers.
Stage 3 - Before 2-4 months of examination
CAT 2022 will be conducted on November 27. Hence, candidates must finish their CAT preparation by the end of July/August and start with the mocks. Post-August, revision should start along with the mock test of CAT 2022. It may happen that candidates might discover new questions to work upon while solving these mocks. Remember that your knowledge is of no value until you put it into practice.
Stage 4 - 1-2 weeks before the examination
Stage four advises candidates to take one mock test of CAT on daily basis. Learn from the mistakes done in previous mocks and try to fix the same in the upcoming mocks. CAT 2019 topper Lakshya said that post any mocks he gave some time to analyze the test and figured out what went wrong and then focused on that by changing his preparation strategy.
Quick Links -
How to take CAT Mock Test?
CAT mock test along with CAT sample papers, and previous questions is the best way to predict the syllabus and topics of questions to be asked in the cat exam. With CAT mock test 2022, the authority will also issue the guidelines for taking CAT mock. Candidates can check the guidelines or read below to know how do you attempt a CAT mock test with no hassles. Check the steps below.
Steps to take CAT 2022 Mock Test:
Step 1 - Go to the official website link i.e. iimcat.ac.in
Step 2 - Click on the “CAT mock test 2022” tab
Step 3 - Candidates will be redirected to new tab
Step 4 - Click on the tab “sign-in”
Step 5 - Enter log in details
Step 6 - New instructions page will appear, click the checkbox & proceed
Step 7 - Mock test of CAT 2022 will appear
As CAT mock test is a simulation of the actual exam, candidates will be able to answer a section at a time. And also there will be a time limit for each section. Once the time for a section is over, candidates will automatically be moved to the next section. In mock tests also, candidates cannot forth and back from one section to another. Also, the pattern of questions will be similar to the questions asked in the actual exam. So taking mock tests gives you hands-on so you remain confident while taking the actual CAT exam. You will also improve your speed while increasing the accuracy level.
Top MBA Entrance Exams
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - Reasons To Take CAT Free Mock Test, Tips And Timing
Question: When should I give my CAT mock test?
Candidates shall start appearing in CAT mock test ideally from August.
CAT 2023 is conducted by iimcat for MBA Entrance exam for MBA ...
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body released the CAT...
CAT Percentile Predictor 2022 - Predict your CAT percentile by...
IIM CAP 2023 - Common Admission Process is a selection process...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!