Why Take Mock Tests Before CAT 2022?
Why Take Mock Tests Before CAT 2022?- The Indian Institute of Management provides official CAT mock test to help candidates in preparing well. To have a fair understanding of the question paper pattern and marking scheme, it is recommended to take the mock tests of CAT 2022. It is basically a replica of the real CAT 2022 exam pattern.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
In simple words, CAT 2022 mock test is a practice test that can be taken by candidates before starting their preparation or even after they are pretty much sure that they have completed the preparation part. Now the question is why take mock tests before CAT? The answer simply is to gauge where one stands, what will be the difficulty level, the topics expected to be asked as well as to get a complete simulated environment. Read the article by Careers360 on "Why take mock tests before CAT Exam 2022?" to get familiar about CAT, the importance of mock tests and much more.
Sectional Time Management Tips for CAT 2022
CAT Sample Papers 2022
What is CAT mock test?
While preparing for any exam, candidates mostly attempt preliminary exams to know their base level. Similarly, CAT 2022 mock tests are designed by IIM, mainly the conducting body for specific CAT 2022, to give a brief overview of how the exam will be. In simple words, CAT mock test 2022 will help a candidate in getting used to the exam day scenario beforehand to avoid last-minute curtailments. Mock tests are basically designed and conducted in such a way that it helps candidates in building concepts, preparing strategies, identifying their weaknesses, and taking steps to eliminate them by devising proper and timely strategies.
Direct Links to download CAT free mock test:
How difficult will CAT 2022 be?
Everyone knows that CAT is a national-level test that is conducted by IIMs on a rotating basis. Over two lakh candidates participate and appear for it every year, whereas the seats offered are not many. The best way to gauge the difficulty level of IIM entrance exam will be through the previous year paper patterns, mock tests, sample tests and other test series available in the market. As compared to other entrance tests like XAT, IIFT, MAT, CMAT, CAT is considered to be the most difficult followed by XAT exam.
What is the importance of the CAT Mock Test?
Well, it is rightly said by Seve Ballesteros, “To give yourself the best possible chance of playing to your potential, you must prepare for every eventuality. That means to practice”. Mock CAT test series is available and can be easily assessed by any candidate whether or not he has joined any coaching institute. Some of the major points why the mock test of CAT 2022 are essential for all candidates is given below-
Evaluating your current level of preparation and focusing on your future preparation plan
Know time management techniques
Learn tricks and shortcuts
Mock test acquaintances with the D-Day scenario
Evaluating your current level of preparation and focusing on your future preparation plan- Mock tests are one of the most effective methods by which candidates can evaluate their preparation level and performance. For improved results, it is suggested by CAT toppers as well as experts that all candidates must give mock tests. Those who register for CAT or any competitive exam have two options i.e. either take the mock test before starting the preparation (to know where they stand) or take the mock test after completing the syllabus (to know how much they have prepared). Using either method is good, but moving with both (pre and post-mocks) is the best option that candidates can avail for themselves. As per experts, candidates should focus on mock tests (AIMCATs and SAMCATs) in the last month, analyze them and study and prepare for the same as per the deficiencies revealed in the test.
Know time management techniques- In the IIM entrance exam, due to time limit pressure as well as negative marking scheme, it becomes difficult to answer questions with 100 percent accuracy. Time management in CAT is considered to be the most important aspect by CAT toppers as the questions have to be answered within sectional time limits. The one who understands the importance of time can achieve anything in life. One of the time management theories which can be applied to CAT is the “ABC System theory” which defines that in order to use time more effectively, one needs to prioritize on the tasks to be done or need to be undertaken.
Learn tricks and shortcuts- Candidates who join coaching institutes get to know very well about the hacks of solving challenging and demanding questions. Those of you who think of cracking CAT without coaching must try to contact friends/fellows who can assist in knowing shortcut methods and tricks of solving questions. Nowadays so many online tutorials are available for beginners that are helpful and are free of cost. CAT mock tests simulate many variations in terms of questions that CAT 20222 could come up with and thus help candidates to optimize accuracy and speed for the exam. To understand and learn hacks, one can also go for previous year questions papers of CAT.
Mock test acquaintances with the D-Day scenario
CAT mock tests 2022 are aimed at familiarizing with the questions that could come up in the exam. Complete exam day scenarios are created, 40-minute sectional time limits available options, and so on. And if one is lucky enough to find similar questions on the exam day as they solved in one of the CAT 2022 mocks then that would be the greatest thing. The more CAT mock tests you appear for, the better are your chances to solve CAT exam paper with accuracy and on time.
Once you are aware of where you are lacking in terms of preparation, you can modify your strategy. Ideally, the post mock test of CAT 2022 should be taken around 8 weeks before the D-Day.
Top Specialized MBA Entrance Exams
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - Why Take Mock Tests Before CAT 2022?
Question: What is the importance of CAT mock test?
One of the major advantage is CAT mock tests give a fair understanding of the question paper pattern and marking scheme.
Question: What is the time duration of the CAT 2022 exam?
The total time duration of CAT will be two hours.
Question: Is there any sectional time limit for CAT 2022?
Yes, for each section 40 minutes will be allotted. For PwD candidates 53.20 minutes will be allotted for each section.
Question: What is the mode and marking scheme of the CAT exam?
The CAT 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Mode (CBT). For every correct answer, three marks will be awarded. Like that, every wrong answer will penalty by -1 mark. There is no negative mark for Non-MCQs.
Question: What are all the sections from which questions will be asked in CAT 2022?
There are three sections available in the CAT exam 2022 such as,
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
CAT 2023 is conducted by iimcat for MBA Entrance exam for MBA ...
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria 2023-25: IIMA has released th...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!