Best Study Material for CAT 2022 - CAT Preparation Material
Best Study Material for CAT 2022: Preparing from the right set of study materials is imperative to crack highly competitive exams like CAT. A vital parameter to choose the best CAT study material is to go for the tried and tested resources. Having understood the significance of the entrance test of MBA learning material, Careers360 brings to you the best study material for the upcoming CAT 2022.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
The market is flooded with a plethora of books and study material for CAT exam for MBA, and it is obvious for aspirants to get baffled in their attempt to pick the best ones. In other words, one must utilize the books and study materials of CAT recommended by toppers and experts. First, let us take a glimpse at the exam pattern of CAT 2022.
Before starting the CAT 2022 preparation, candidates must be well aware of the exam pattern of CAT 2022. Complete details related to the number of questions asked, marking scheme, duration, and mode of the CAT exam are mentioned in CAT 2022 exam pattern. Given below is a gist of the revised CAT exam pattern.
Exam Pattern of CAT 2022
No. of Questions
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
Best study material for CAT 2022
With the help of the best books for section-wise preparation of CAT, one can crack CAT 2022 with a good score. Let us look at the best MBA learning material for each section in CAT 2022.
Best study material for CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Good percentile is achievable in this section if one utilizes the following strategy and refers to the following VARC study material for IIM CAT 2022:
Books for VARC-
How to Prepare for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay (Tata McGraw-Hill)- is a workbook with practice questions and tips based on previous CAT papers.
Norman Lewis’ Word Power Made Easy.
CAT 2020 toppers recommend ‘GMAT Official Guide’ and ‘Manhattan Verbal.’
Books to Build Vocabulary-
Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
Nishit Sinha’s The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning (Pearson) covers a wide range of topics explained in an easy-to-understand manner.
Regular Reading is the key - Reading of quality newspapers such as ‘The Economist’, magazines like ‘India Today’, editorials, journals, and novels are proven to be one of the best study materials for the VARC section. Mark difficult words as you read and learn their meaning from the dictionary. Additionally, solving word puzzles and crosswords in the daily newspaper can be a game-changer for those whose forte does not lie in VARC.
Best study material for CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
From the level of basic to advanced preparation, aspirants can take aid from the following study material for DILR:
Books for DILR-
How to prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma (Tata McGraw Hill)
How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Arun Sharma (Tata McGraw Hill)
How to prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
Nishit Sinha's The Pearson Guide to Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
The Great Book of Puzzles & Teasers by George J Summers
Additionally, Manek Daruvala, Director of T.I.M.E, vouches for the book ‘Puzzles to Puzzle You' by Shakuntala Devi to boost LR and DI preparation.
Newspapers and Business Magazines - Study pie charts and graphs from business magazines and newspapers like:
The Economic Times
The Hindu Business Line
Brainstorming activities - After you are done with your daily preparation, take out time, and indulge in brainstorming sessions.
Best study material for CAT Quantitative Ability (QA)
The following CAT study material for QA is highly recommended by toppers and experts to master the problem-solving approach-
Arun Sharma’s ‘How to prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT’, published by Tata McGraw Hill.
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha (Tata McGraw-Hill) has a comprehensive step-by-step problem-solving guide.
How to Prepare for the CAT Common Admissions Test by Muhamed Muneer, published by Om Books, is another book that is simple and easy to understand.
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Nishit Sinha published by Pearson.
Quantitative Aptitude for CAT and Other MBA Entrance Exams by Trishna Knowledge Systems (Pearson) has many practice exercises in increasing difficulty for a gradual transition.
Arun Sharma’s The Complete CAT Digest, by Tata McGraw-Hill, is a must-have for any CAT aspirant.
CAT Topper Rahul who scored 100 percentile recommends T.I.M.E.material to learn the basics of QA. For a little advanced difficulty, he suggests referring to LOD-2 and 3 of Arun Sharma’s book.
Best Study Materials for CAT - Sample Papers and E-books
Once a strong foothold has been established in all the topics under each section, the next step would be to solve CAT sample papers. Practice past years’ CAT question papers, and if possible purchase a dedicated book that contains a question bank of all the past years’ question papers of CAT exam. Solving sample papers of CAT 2022 will help in quickly learning the words and formulae that are important in terms of examination.
One of the top choices of study materials for CAT exam is the book ‘Face To Face CAT Common Admission Test’ by Arihant Publishers. It consists of previous years solved papers for thorough and final practice. The book also comes with a CD of CAT sample papers.
Further, CAT preparation e-books are a great source of wholesome information. The best part is that most of them are available online and don’t cost a penny!
CAT Mock Tests and Test Series - CAT mock tests will be the backbone of one’s CAT 2022 preparation. Topper Sukumar, who secured the 99+ percentile in CAT 2020 says, “Taking mock tests and analyzing them played a very crucial role in my performance. It helped me create a strategy for the D-day and gave me an idea about my weak and strong areas.”
In fact, Topper Somansh shares that he did not buy any study material for CAT 2022 apart from a test series by a reputed institute. “The test series provided me with enough sectional tests, full tests, etc. I went through Arun Sharma books for all three sections, but I feel all the concepts, logic, and techniques required will be encountered if you give the full-time tests of a test series and analyze the tests properly.”
CAT Coaching study material - Coaching study materials of reputed institutes especially tailored for CAT exam aspirants are updated each year to keep up with the latest CAT exam pattern 2022 and trends. Those who have enrolled in a coaching institute must be thorough with the CAT 2022 study material given to them by their institute. However, those who do not have access to the coaching study material for CAT exam, may purchase second-hand versions of it or find handed-down books. They need not worry about missing out on any topic as the CAT 2022 syllabus remains the same each year with hardly any change in the content.
Go beyond books with Online Blogs and Apps on CAT for best study materials
Kaushik Kapoor, Director at Erudite, also shares his expert tips on the best study material for CAT preparation. In addition to books and coaching material for basic study, mocks and advanced sectional tests, he recommends using Applications (Apps) on CAT test training and practice questions. These Apps are available on Android and iOS platforms.
“Online blogs like LRDI of the day series by learningroots.com are very good. Also, 2iim's question bank is very good for advanced concepts,” says Hitesh Lohani.
Furthermore, public discussion forums can prove to be useful in solving queries, exchanging preparation material, and tips. According to Hitesh, “The best way to keep calm and confident during this process is to interact with your fellow CAT exam 2022 aspirants. I had a Whatsapp group of people who were also preparing for CAT exam and together we used to discuss our queries, mocks, ups and downs, share jokes and it made my preparation memorable,” he says. Other platforms like Careers360’s QnA also welcome queries and discussions related to CAT 2022 preparation.
Browse Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - Best Study Material for CAT 2022 - CAT Preparation Material
Question: Which is the best material for CAT preparation?
The best material for CAT preparation has been provided in this article.
Question: Can CAT preparation be done at home?
Yes, CAT preparation can be done at home if the candidate executes the correct strategy and practice mock tests to know their weaknesses and fill the gaps.
Question: How do I start preparing my CAT?
Candidates shall start preparing for the CAT exam by getting a proper idea of the syllabus and exam pattern.
Question: Is 1 month enough for CAT preparation?
Yes, there are many previous toppers of the CAT exam who have aced this MBA entrance exam with only 1 month of preparation.
Question: Name the books for CAT preparation 2022.
Some of the books for CAT preparation 2022 are:
Arun Sharma’s ‘How to prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT’;
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha (Tata McGraw-Hill);
How to Prepare for the CAT Common Admissions Test by Muhamed Muneer.
Question: Name some of the CAT preparation books for beginners?
Some of the CAT preparation books for beginners are:
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Nishit Sinha;
Quantitative Aptitude for CAT and Other MBA Entrance Exams by Trishna Knowledge Systems (Pearson);
Arun Sharma’s The Complete CAT Digest.
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body released the CAT...
CAT Percentile Predictor 2022 - Predict your CAT percentile by...
IIM CAP 2023 - Common Admission Process is a selection process...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!