How to Prepare for CAT 2022 in 4 months?
How to Prepare for CAT 2022 in 4 months? - Candidates who want to pursue a management program from IIM or from any other premier B-school of India must necessarily appear for CAT 2022 and crack it with a good percentile. Apart from other MBA entrance tests, CAT exam is the toughest one to crack. But as they say, one can climb Everest with preparation, commitment, approach, and targeting. The same applies to CAT 2022 preparation.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Four months seem like a short span to complete the CAT 2022 self preparation. However, with the right exam strategy and practice, one can score a high percentile in CAT 2022. If one has already started their CAT preparation for 2022 which means their basics are clear and now they need to focus on speed, accuracy, shortcuts, tips, and tricks. However, for those who are going to start their preparation from now on, then this article is a must read. In this article of Careers360, one will get to know “How to prepare for CAT 2022 in 4 months”, and how one can draw their study plan so that they crack the exam without any difficulty and make their way to the premier B-School of India. Read the full article to know “how to prepare for CAT in 4 months.”
How to Prepare for CAT 2022 in 4 months?
Before making any study plan or preparation strategy for the CAT exam, one should get familiar with the CAT exam pattern and its detailed syllabus. As per past year's trend, the exam pattern of CAT 2022 consists of three sections, namely, Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC), and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR). There are 20 questions for the QA and 24 questions in the VARC section and DILR consists of a total of 20 questions with a total of 66 questions. While taking CAT 2022, candidates can not switch between the sections due to the sectional time limit. Candidates get 40 minutes for each section. The total time duration is 2 hours for CAT 2022 which means candidates have to manage their time accordingly so that they can avoid the hassle and anxiety.
If one has only four months to prepare for CAT 2022, then they should divide their preparation plan stage-wise. It makes their preparation easy and they can be able to handle the CAT preparation pressure with ease. Here are some tips to follow while preparing for CAT when only four months are left for D-day.
Spot yourself where you are standing
Before starting the CAT 2022 preparation, candidates need to check where they stand currently such as whether their basics are clear or not, did they know the basic formulas to solve Quantitative Aptitude questions, etc. After knowing this, candidates can get an idea about their strong and weak areas. If one is unable to assess their level of preparation, then moving forward can be a herculean task. After making a diagnosis report candidates can categorize in which sections they have a good accuracy rate and which are the ones where they need to work hard. It will hardly take 2 to 3 days to spot yourself where one is standing.
Understanding concepts and knowing their application
Once candidates have gone through with the exam pattern and syllabus of CAT 2022, they need to start working on the fundamentals of every topic during the four months of CAT preparation. Through this candidates can get conceptual clarity and they can strengthen their basics. While preparing for the Verbal Ability section one should do their reading on regular basis to get a hold of it. Apart from the VARC section, the other section demands a good amount of time to practice the concepts. When one is well versed with the basics then they should start their preparation chapter and section-wise and at a swift pace.
Make a different strategy for the Quantitative Aptitude section
The Quantitative aptitude section actually carries the major chunk of CAT preparation. Apart from other sections, Quant has a very vast syllabus from algebra to percentages, basically, the Quant section tests the fundamentals of a candidate. It needs a proper strategy to prepare for each topic in a systematic way. Through this process, candidates can understand the basics and can set a benchmark for CAT preparation. One can make the Quant section easy for them, they only need to include Learning and practice while preparing for CAT 2022.
DILR Section Demystified: Strategies for CAT 2022
There is no fixed syllabus for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning syllabus, which makes it a bit difficult as compared to other sections. Among the three sections, the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section are the most crucial and challenging in the CAT 2022. If one is good at solving puzzles then they can tackle the Logical Reasoning section very easily. Those who are not familiar with DILR questions so have to solve previous year CAT papers and solve questions from standard templates, Einstein puzzles, the grid puzzle, etc.
Focus on Self-Study
Self-study is very important when it comes to acing any exam. The best part of self-study is one can get to know where he or she stands and anticipate accordingly. Sometimes, self-study might be frustrating but this is the only way to achieve any goal. One can include the following factors while doing self-study.
Read the textbook
Read the class notes
Make colorful and proper notes
Look up other online resources
Teach someone what you have learned
Mock test, its analysis, and revision - An elixir
CAT preparation is considered incomplete if one has not attempted the mocks. CAT mock test, test series, or CAT sample paper are basically designed to make aspirants understand the structure and level of the CAT entrance test. The result of the CAT mock test will indicate the candidate's strengths and weaknesses. Taking mocks at the beginning of preparation, candidates have ample time to improve their weak areas, and simultaneously they can strengthen their strong portions.
Adapt yourself to the need of the CAT
Candidates should set a target to solve at least six past-year papers in a week. After solving every paper, candidates should spend time analysing it. See where you scored well as well as where you could be good and what are the main reasons for not doing better. This step should perform in the second last month of preparation. The main benefit of solving past years papers is, candidates can get to know whether they are making progress or not.
Hit the bull’s eye and get the victory
In the last 10 to 15 days of CAT preparation, do not explore any new topics. Only practice what you know and extract the maximum benefit. Just polish your strength and do a revision of all sticky notes which you have made during exam preparation.
How to Prepare for CAT in 4 months? - Toppers Views and Tips
According to CAT 2021 topper, Satya Sripada (99.51 percentile), focus on basics. Revise what you have studied in the day before going to sleep and have a revision day once in a week where you go through all the notes again. Note down important questions or tricks in a different notebook. Give mocks regularly and analyse them properly. Revisit the same mock a second time after a couple of weeks. You need to go through the syllabus and past papers and build your own strategy to counter the exam.
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body released the CAT...
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
CAT previous year’s question papers with Solutions - Candidate...
Top MBA Colleges 60 Percentile in CAT 2022 - Find here a List ...
Top Colleges In India Accepting CAT Score - Candidates can che...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you
i have ycmou digree in b.com can do cat exam ...
Yes, definitely! The only criterion for the Common Admission Test or CAT is that you should be a graduate, and since you have completed your Bachelor of Commerce or BCom, then you are fully eligible to appear for the same. However, it is a totally different matter that when you dive deep into it, you will find that they have other requirements like marks in graduation, Xth, XIIth and so on.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!