CAT Mock Test 2018 – IIM Calcutta will release the mock test of CAT 2018 on October 17. Candidates would be able to download the CAT mock test 2018 from the official website of CAT. The CAT 2018 mock test or the practice test will be released to explain the format of the exam, pattern and the marking scheme along with the navigation system to the candidates. It will be really important for the aspirants to take the CAT mock test 2018 to get a better understanding of the online examination process which is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, November 25, 2018, across India. In this article, management aspirants can check all the guidelines and procedure and elements of CAT 2018 mock test.
Latest: CAT 2018 Application Form extended till September 26.
Download Free Sample Paper for CATDownload Now
To Practice Previous Year CAT Mock Test - Click here
The duration of CAT 2018 Mock Test will be 1-hour and will include the following aspects:
Mock questions of each section
As per the last year’s CAT Mock Test, the order of the sections on the exam day is likely to be as follows:
Let’s start with the CAT Mock Test. Candidates can check the images and understand how the test would be. The data is given on last year’s pattern of mock test.
1. Visit the website and click on the CAT 2018 Mock Test link (will be available in October 2018). A screen like given below will appear. The first screen will have the system name, number, subject, and photograph along with a log-in window. While checking the mock test, candidates can proceed by just clicking on the green ‘Sign-in’ button, but at the time of the actual test, they must enter correct login id and password.
2. After login, candidates will be re-directed to a new window. The instructions will be given here for the colour scheme, explaining the status of each question. Read all the instructions and understand the color scheme well, as it shows how many questions you have left unanswered, how many are answered, and how many are kept for review.
3. As candidates click Next, a screen like below will appear. This will show the Duration of the exam, which is 180 minutes, along with the maximum marks - 200. As the test will have sectional limit and candidates will not be allowed to switch from one section to another, they will have to attempt sections in the same order as given. The first section to attempt will be Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) followed by Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and last Quantitative Ability (QA). Read instructions, select the ‘I agree’ button and click on the ‘I am ready to begin’.
4. The actual test begins. Read the questions, answer, skip or mark for review, and proceed with ‘Save & Next’ button for next question. Candidates can visit a question back by clicking on the numbers under the question palette.
5. As and when candidates will attempt the MCQs, all the Non-MCQs will appear. This section is a bit different; you have to read the passage which has alternative summaries. Candidates have to choose the best sequence fit for the question. Candidates can select the numbers as provided or can type the same from their keyboard. After you answered all the questions, if you have time- review your answers or wait for 60 minutes to get over and next section to appear.
The CAT 2018 Mock Test will have a similar pattern for attempting other sections i.e. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. It will follow the same procedure to attempt or mark the answers. Candidates must note that they will not be allowed to review any section once the time is over. After all the sections are complete, in the end, candidates will have to click on Submit tab to submit their test. In the last after the duration of 180 minutes is over, a screen with summary will appear. This will have a total number of answered questions, unanswered questions, or questions left for review. You will also see a Feedback form, where candidates will be asked to enter their feedback about the test. Enter the details as like, and click on submit.
Facts about CAT Mock Test
Both MCQs and Non-MCQs - As per the CAT exam pattern, the questions per section will be a mix of MCQs and Non-MCQs. For example, last year, the VARC section had 24 MCQs and 10 non-MCQs. The navigation system is also likely to be same as previous years. However, instead of intersection movements, candidates can visit any question by clicking on the question number at the Question Palette.
On-Screen Calculator and Timer - The mock test will also have the on-screen calculator. It would be placed at the top right side of the screen, right below the timer. Along with the basic calculations, it also includes calculation options for Algebra and Trigonometry. The on-screen timer will show the countdown of one hour and right after that, the section will automatically switch to the next one.
Option for Mark for Review – Just like last year, the candidates will also get the option to mark a question for review. After you answer the rest of the questions, candidates can revisit the marked questions to review their answer. Candidates can also identify the Answered, Not Answered, Marked and Not Visited questions of the section.
Although candidates can revise a particular section after completing the questions, there is no scope for overall revision since the sections are time-bound.
The purpose of CAT Mock Test 2018 is to provide the impression of the test. The difficulty level, question types, numbers of MCQs and Non-MCQs may vary in the actual test.
More like CAT
How to prepare for CAT 2018 in 2 months
How to prepare for CAT 2018 in 2 months - CAT 2018 is just two-months away. Careers360 brings how...
CAT 2018 application correction restricted only to change...
CAT takers can reupload photo from September 27 to 30 – This year, CAT applicants can only change...
IIM Admission Criteria 2019-21
IIM Admission Criteria 2019-21 - There are 20 IIMs in the country and each one of them has differ...
CAT Cutoff 2018
CAT Cutoff 2017 – The cutoff of CAT 2018 refers to the minimum percentile a test taker must obtai...
IIM Udaipur Admission Criteria 2019-21: Maximum 55 percen...
IIM Udaipur Admission Criteria 2019-21: IIM Udaipur has released the admission criteria for 2019-...
Questions related to CAT
Hi, See your scores can only rise once you study well and conceptually. You need to study conceptually for that because then onl...
Hi, See motivation usually means that you keep the ray of hope in you that one day or the other youll definitely succeed. ...
If I crak the CAT exam in 2018, is it possible to take admission in IIM in 2021? Or I have to give CAT exam again in 2021?
Hello, Well it is not possible to join two year later. However, in the coming few years this option will be available to the students wherein CAT ...
Arun sharma of lrdi covers each and every topic as per cat examination? It is worth buying that book ? It has previous year questions also?
Yes it covers indepth solutions and lucid explanation for all types and varietues as aksed in CAT. Previous year questions maynot be included so in...