CAT Mock Test 2018 – IIM Calcutta has released the mock test of CAT 2018 on October 17. Candidates can take the CAT mock test 2018 from the official website of CAT. The CAT 2018 mock test or the practice test has been released to explain the format of the exam, pattern and the marking scheme along with the navigation system to the candidates. It will be really important for the aspirants to take the CAT mock test 2018 to get a better understanding of the online examination process which is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, November 25, 2018, across India. It is advisable to read the CAT 2018 mock test navigation guidelines before starting the mock test of CAT. In this article, management aspirants can check all the guidelines and procedure and elements of CAT 2018 mock test.
CAT 2018 will be conducted in a single-day window in two sessions in around 147 cities across India. The exam will be conducted for admissions in 20 IIMs and over 100 B-schools in India.
To Practice CAT Mock Test 2018 - Click here
To Practice CAT 2018 Mock Test (for PWD with Low vision) - Click here
Download Free Sample Paper for CATDownload Now
The duration of mock test will be 1-hour (actual CAT test duration is three hours) and will include the following aspects:
Mock questions of each section
As per the last year’s CAT Mock Test, the order of the sections on the exam day is likely to be as follows:
Let’s start with the CAT Mock Test. Candidates can check the images and understand how the test would be. The data is given on last year’s pattern of mock test.
1. Visit the website and scroll down to find the Quick Tour tab. Click on CAT 2018 Mock Test link. A screen like the one given below will appear. The first screen will have the system name, number, subject, and photograph along with a log-in window. While checking the mock test, candidates can proceed by just clicking on the green ‘Sign-in’ button, but at the time of the actual test, they must enter correct login id and password.
2. After login, candidates will be re-directed to a new window. The instructions will be given here for the colour scheme, explaining the status of each question. Read all the instructions and understand the color scheme well, as it shows how many questions you have left unanswered, how many are answered, and how many are kept for review.
3. As candidates click Next, a screen like below will appear. This will show the Duration of the exam, which is 180 minutes, along with the maximum marks - 200. As the test will have sectional limit and candidates will not be allowed to switch from one section to another, they will have to attempt sections in the same order as given. The first section to attempt will be Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) followed by Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and last Quantitative Ability (QA). Read instructions, select the ‘I agree’ button and click on the ‘I am ready to begin’.
4. The actual test begins. Read the questions, answer, skip or mark for review, and proceed with ‘Save & Next’ button for next question. Candidates can visit a question back by clicking on the numbers under the question palette.
5. As and when candidates will attempt the MCQs, all the Non-MCQs will appear. This section is a bit different; you have to read the passage which has alternative summaries. Candidates have to choose the best sequence fit for the question. Candidates can select the numbers as provided or can type the same from their keyboard. After you answered all the questions, if you have time- review your answers or wait for 60 minutes to get over and next section to appear.
The CAT 2018 Mock Test will have a similar pattern for attempting other sections i.e. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. It will follow the same procedure to attempt or mark the answers. Candidates must note that they will not be allowed to review any section once the time is over. After all the sections are complete, in the end, candidates will have to click on Submit tab to submit their test. In the last after the duration of 180 minutes is over, a screen with summary will appear. This will have a total number of answered questions, unanswered questions, or questions left for review. You will also see a Feedback form, where candidates will be asked to enter their feedback about the test. Enter the details as like, and click on submit.
Facts about CAT Mock Test
Both MCQs and Non-MCQs - As per the CAT exam pattern, the questions per section will be a mix of MCQs and Non-MCQs. For example, last year, the VARC section had 24 MCQs and 10 non-MCQs. The navigation system is also likely to be same as previous years. However, instead of intersection movements, candidates can visit any question by clicking on the question number at the Question Palette.
On-Screen Calculator and Timer - The mock test will also have the on-screen calculator. It would be placed at the top right side of the screen, right below the timer. Along with the basic calculations, it also includes calculation options for Algebra and Trigonometry. The on-screen timer will show the countdown of one hour and right after that, the section will automatically switch to the next one.
Option for Mark for Review – Just like last year, the candidates will also get the option to mark a question for review. After you answer the rest of the questions, candidates can revisit the marked questions to review their answer. Candidates can also identify the Answered, Not Answered, Marked and Not Visited questions of the section.
Although candidates can revise a particular section after completing the questions, there is no scope for overall revision since the sections are time-bound.
The purpose of CAT Mock Test 2018 is to provide the impression of the test. The difficulty level, question types, numbers of MCQs and Non-MCQs may vary in the actual test.
More like CAT
Why take mock tests before CAT 2018 - Know tips from CAT ...
Why take mock tests before CAT 2018 - Mock tests are crucial for every exam. Read the column by P...
IIM Cutoff - The cutoff of IIM is the minimum score or percentile used in shortlisting process. C...
CAT Cutoff 2018
CAT Cutoff 2018 – The cutoff of CAT 2018 refers to the minimum percentile a test taker must obtai...
IIM Admission Criteria 2019-21
IIM Admission Criteria 2019-21 - There are 20 IIMs in the country and each one of them has differ...
IIM Sirmaur Admission Criteria 2019 - CAT score gets the ...
IIM Sirmaur Admission Criteria 2019 - IIM Sirmaur has released the admission criteria for 2019-21...
Questions related to CAT
Hi Poonam, To secure admission at MICA, you need to appear for MICAT and either of CAT/XAT/GMAT.You have to select your score options in ...
Abhinav, please make your query a bit more clear. Are you enquiring about colleges which accept CAT score of 80 percentile and above? Please refram...
Hi abinav,It is impossible to say the percentile .it depends upon the number of candidates attend the exam..so it is not possible only with your ma...
Gem 10th-9.4 cgpa, 12 th-73%,Btech-66% Cat overall percentile -97 90+ in all sectionals From where can I get call
Hi Aspirant, This is difficult to predict. Your marks are safe enough to ensure that you get a call from most of the new IIM's and several other g...
I have scored 89.4% in class 10, 90.8 in class 12 and 70.8 in my graduation.i m giving CAT 2018. Do i have a chance in IIMA ?
Hi Poonam,The application rating may affect your chances so, in order to get shortlisted for the PIWAT round, you'll require more than 98%ile.Also,...