CAT Mock Test 2017 - The Mock Test for CAT 2017 will be released on October 25, on the official website of CAT. The CAT Tutorial or the practice test will explain the format of the test along with the navigation system to the candidates. It is important for the aspirants to take the CAT mock test for a better understanding of the online examination process which will be conducted on November 26, 2017, across centers. CAT aspirants can check all the guidelines and procedure and elements of CAT 2017 Mock Test in this article.
The CAT Mock Test 2017 will give the aspirants the impression of the actual test through all the sections of the exam. The mock test includes which section will come first with total numbers of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Non-MCQs.
Latest: CAT 2017 Admit Card to be released on October 25
- Know your chances of getting a call from IIM & Non-IIMs
- Know how good is your academic profile for IIMs & Non-IIMs
- Know the required eligibility criteria
- Check the percentile required for IIMs & Non-IIMs
CAT 2017 will be conducted in a single-day window on Sunday, November 26, 2017, in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon slots), in 140 cities where CAT exam centres will be located, for admissions to various management programmes across 20 IIMs and other top B-schools. Apart from the IIMs over 100 B-schools in India conduct their admission through CAT scores.
The CAT 2017 Mock Test is of 1-hour duration and includes the following aspects:
Mock questions of each section
As per the CAT Mock Test 2017, the order of the sections on the exam day will as follows:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – 34 questions
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – 32 questions
Quantitative Ability – 34 questions
Link of CAT 2017 Mock Test will be provided as and when it is released
Let us start with the CAT Mock Test 2017, where you can check the images and understand how the test would be.
1. As you will visit the website and click on the CAT 2017 Mock Test link, a screen like given below will appear. The first screen will have your system name, number, subject, and photograph along with a log-in window. While checking the mock test you can proceed by just clicking on the green ‘Sign-in’ button, but at the time of the actual test, you must enter correct log-in id and password.
2. As you will log-in, you will be re-directed to a new window. The instructions here are for the colour scheme, explaining the status of each question. Read all the instructions and understand the color scheme well, as it shows how many questions you have left unanswered, how many are answered, and how many are kept for review.
3. As you will click Next, a screen like below will appear. This shows the Duration of the exam, which is 180 minutes, along with the maximum marks- 200. As the test will have sectional limit and candidates will not be allowed to switch from one section to another, candidates have to attempt sections in the same order as given. The first section to attempt will be Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) with 34 questions to be answered in exact 60 minutes. Followed by Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) with 32 questions and last Quantitative Ability (QA) with 34 questions. Read instructions, select the ‘I agree’ button and click on the ‘I am ready to begin’.
4. Now, the actual test starts. A screen given below will appear. Read questions, answer, skip or mark for review, as you think is better and proceed with ‘Save & Next’ button for next question. You can visit a question back by clicking on the numbers under the question palette.
5. As and when you will attempt the MCQs, all the Non-MCQs will appear. This section is a bit different; you have to read the passage which has alternative summaries. Candidates have to choose the best sequence fit for the question. Candidates can select the numbers as provided or can type the same from their keyboard. After you answered all the questions, if you have time- review your answers or wait for 60 minutes to get over and next section to appear.
The CAT 2017 Mock Test will have a similar pattern for attempting other sections i.e. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. It will follow the same procedure to attempt or mark the answers. Candidates must note that they will not be allowed to review any section once the time is over. After all the sections are complete, in the end, students will have to click on Submit tab to submit their test. In the last after the duration of 180 minutes is over, a screen with summary will appear. This will have a total number of answered questions, unanswered questions, or questions left for review. You will also see a Feedback form, where you will be asked to enter your feedback about the test. Enter the details as like, and click on submit.
CAT Mock Test Facts
Questions are mix of MCQ and Non-MCQ types - As per the CAT exam pattern, the questions per section are a mix of MCQs and Non-MCQs. For example, in the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section, out of 34 questions, 24 are MCQs and 10 are non-MCQs. The navigation system is also similar to that of previous years. However, instead of intersection movements, candidates can visit any question by clicking on the question number at the Question Palette.
On-Screen Calculator and Timer - The on-screen calculator is placed at the top right side of the screen, right below the on-screen timer. Along with the basic calculations, it also includes calculation options for Algebra and Trigonometry. The on-screen timer will show you the countdown of one hour and right after 60 minutes, the section will automatically switch to the next one.
Option for Mark for Review - Like the previous years, the candidates will get the option to mark a question for review. After you answer the rest of the questions, you can revisit the marked question to review your answer. The legends provided below the Question Palette section to help you identify the Answered, Not Answered, Marked and Not Visited questions of the section.
Although you can revise a particular section after completing the questions, there is no scope for overall revision since the sections are time bound.
However, the candidates must note that the purpose of CAT Mock Test 2017 is to give you the impression of the test and the difficulty level, question types, numbers of MCQ and Non-MCQ may vary in the actual test.
Stay tuned to bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates on CAT Mock Test