11 Cheapest Colleges to Study MBA Course in India
India is a great place for students who are looking for affordable and quality higher education. With a rise in demand for graduates and postgraduates (administrators) who can efficiently understand, evaluate and run the growing businesses, many good colleges have come up with cheap yet quality courses in MBA. Metropolitan cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Gujarat, and Kolkata happen to have some really good yet affordable MBA colleges with good faculty and outstanding facilities in India.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Why You Should Think About Top Cheap MBA Colleges in India
The purpose of an MBA course is to create leaders in the field of Business Management. But pursuing some of these MBA programs in big institutions such as IIMs, XLRI, MDI, and NMIMS in India can be really expensive. Some of these courses are designed with a lot of intricate details to ensure the overall grooming of the students, so they are capable of negotiating, critical thinking, ethics, teamwork and time management. There are various MBA streams from which students can opt their specialization, such as Business Analytics, General Management.
Popular MBA Examinations
MBA Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria to seek admission in any of the MBA colleges is more or less the same. Students have to basically complete their bachelor's from any stream before applying to the MBA colleges. Moreover, many of the top MBA colleges prefer students who have at least two or three years of work experience. The general eligibility criteria to get admission into any of the top cheap MBA colleges in India is mentioned below: -
The students must have completed their education in 10+2+3 pattern or in 10+2+4 pattern.
In their undergraduate studies, candidates must have scored around 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved categories).
Their undergraduate degree has to be from the institution which is recognized by the UGC Act.
Candidates who have completed their undergraduate and postgraduate education from an open university or through correspondence must have done so from the universities which are recognized by the law. Also, they are exempted from the above pattern. Their degree program should be of 3+2 years.
Resource Links for Online MBA
Top cheapest colleges to Study MBA in India
Students are taught well the basics and advanced topics in the field and are groomed to become world leaders in the future. Some of the top cheap MBA colleges in India are spread across the states so that the students can make a choice at their convenience, and they do not have to move around and look for colleges and courses in other states.
Here is a list of top cheap MBA colleges in India, along with their course fees: -
Name of the college
Rs. 0.20 lakhs
Rs. 0.48 lakhs
Rs. 0.31 lakhs
Rs. 1.14 lakhs
Rs. 1.32 lakhs
Rs. 0.98 lakhs
Rs. 0.29 lakhs
Rs. 0.38 lakhs
Rs. 0.37 lakhs
Rs. 0.47 lakhs
Browse MBA Colleges By Location
Steps for Admission
Before applying to the MBA colleges in India, the students must check the eligibility criteria. They must make sure they abide by the criteria and rules mentioned in the eligibility criteria list and then proceed further. If at any stage, the student is found to have not complied with the eligibility guidelines, then his/her admission shall be canceled. Some of the common admission steps for top cheap MBA colleges in India is given below: -
Firstly, select the perfect MBA degree. For example, if you are interested in HR, go to a college in Bangalore. Similarly, if you are interested in finance, go to a college in Mumbai.
Then select what kind, of course, you would like, i.e., regular mode, online mode, or distance education mode.
Score a higher CGPA in your undergraduate degree. Check for the CGPA criteria for colleges.
Appear for the entrance exams such as MAT, ATMA, MAH CET, XAT, or any suitable test whose scores are accepted by the college.
Create a good CV/ resume. In this, you are supposed to add all your previous achievements and educational qualifications.
Prepare for the selection process. If your name features in the merit list, complete the admission formalities and pay the course fees.
Cheapest colleges to study MBA course in India - Placement
Here is a list of top cheap MBA colleges in India, along with their placement: -
Name of the college
Average/Median Salary (in Rs.)
Rs. 20.50 lakhs
Department of Financial Studies (DFS), DU
Rs. 4.80 lakhs
Pune University Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA)
Rs. 7.20 lakhs
Rs. 11.38 lakhs
Rs. 4.20 lakhs
Popular MBA Specializations
Mentioned below are some of the most popular MBA specializations that are becoming increasingly popular with candidates pursuing this post-graduate program in leading colleges across India.
Low Rankings: Top MBA colleges in India
There are many top colleges across the country that accept students with low ranks in their entrance exams. Students don't have to worry about scoring less they can apply to any of the following colleges to take admission in MBA programs: -
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - 11 Cheapest Colleges to Study MBA Course in India
Question: Can a student with an undergraduate degree from an Open University apply for the MBA course?
Yes, anyone who has a 3+2 years of educational qualification can apply for admission to an MBA course.
Question: Is there any age limit to study MBA?
There is no age limit to study MBA in any recognized institution.
Question: Can Someone with a BTech apply for an MBA?
Yes, anyone with a 10+2+3 education irrespective of their bachelor's degree can apply for an MBA.
Question: Do we get the option of studying MBA online?
Yes, definitely distance MBA is offered in many recognized universities for students who cannot attend college.
Question: Are the cheap colleges offering MBA any good?
There are many government colleges with low fees but are known to offer good quality education, which is in part with leading private colleges in India.
CAT Slot 3 Analysis 2022 - CAT 2022 Slot 3 had been conducted ...
Get full details on CAT exam analysis for slot 1, slot 2, and ...
CAT Slot 2 Analysis 2022 - Check the CAT 2022 Slot 2 exam anal...
Know CAT Evolution Over the Years - Careers360 brings an in-de...
Questions related to CAT
gjgvhj bobbo ikb oob o oh ik kb be i kbyfhvvigivjj vhogivig
how many marks should I get to get mbbs in b cat.. my caste is s.c
Hope you are doing good.
So as per your query, generally the cutoffs vary from one year to the other, and the students who are belonging to the B category need to score 500+ marks in the NEET, so that you can easily achieve the MBBS seat.
However, just check this college predictor once, to know you chances.
All the Best!!
can I get to see last year 2021 cat question paper
You may already know the exam pattern and syllabus for cat (common admission test) as i can see, you are already trying for previous year papers for cat to give your preparationa a boost. Below I have provided a link through which you can get previous year papers for cat exam. You Should also try for edtech platforms where you'll get previous year paper video lectures which will help you to understand the paper better.
All the best :)
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)