CAT Preparation Strategy Suggested by Expert- Best Way to Prepare for CAT in 6 Months
CAT 2022 Preparation - To make a dream happen in reality it takes a lot of resources to utilize in the utmost effective manner and time is one of those most important resources. It becomes even more important to use time efficiently when it is in a limited amount. Similarly, now the 6 months’ time is left for CAT 2022 and it is very much important to manage your time along with active CAT preparation. The CAT exam consists of three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Ability (QA). The exam is taken online for over three hours, with one hour per section. Read the full article to know about how to prepare for CAT 2022 in 6 months suggested by Sumit Singh Gandhi, CEO, CATKing Educare.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Worried Where to Start from?
Study Plan for 6 months-Divide the study plan in three phases:
Phase 1: A study plan for June, July
Get your basic concepts clear: Having crystal clear concepts means you have a thorough knowledge of all the applications of a concept and you have, through practice, learned the subtlety and acquired the fine fidelity of applying it in actual questions. Since CAT asks tricky questions, the more ideas you have of applying the concepts, the more edge you get in the actual CAT 2022 exam. There is no shortcut here. You might be intelligent but not having a clear understanding of the concepts would land you in a soup. “A mansion is built only when the foundation is strong”. Being thorough with basic concepts is crucial because it is the base on which your strategy rests. Try to complete your CAT 2022 syllabus once by July.
Set your weekly targets: You need to determine a time each week (Sunday morning works best for me) to focus on your goals. Flexibility and consistency are required to put this time aside to give a CAT 2022 mock test once in 15 days and stick to it. Try to get at least 5 questions correct in each section. Fix up a plan and turn the world upside down.
Get involved in curricular activities: You should get involved in the curricular activities especially for the non-engineer students. Try finding what more talent you have other than academics which will make you stand out from the mass. You can get involved with an NGO; do some small projects as well as some certification courses which will be an asset for your resume. Try to manifest-Trying to visualize your thoughts and feelings about your dream college; this will then help you to feel more positive and motivated to make these changes a reality. This will then push you to take some action and ultimately manifest your goals into your life.
Phase 2: A study plan for August, September
Go for the shortcut tricks - Try to solve the questions using tricks so that you can complete them within seconds while others take much time to solve them. This can give a huge difference in the ultimate scores.
Aligned Prep - Make a habit of reading for at least 30 mins every day. You can watch BBC channels to try to get the feel of the corporate world. You should start reading AEON Essays, Newspapers, Novels, etc.
Sectional preparation - Prepare a separate strategy according to each section asked in the CAT 2022. Pay attention to not only the section you are comfortable with but also to the one you have a tough time understanding. Having a holistic approach is vital to crack CAT exam.
Strategies for mocks: After getting the whole idea about the question and pattern of CAT, try solving mock test twice a week.
Accuracy - Identify questions that you wish to attempt from each section.Select questions from the entire lot which you are confident of solving accurately. Proceed to the questions where you are somewhat confident of reaching the accuracy level. The last set comprises questions where you are confident of making informed guesses which can steer you to a level close to the accuracy level required. Get at least 8 of them correct in each section.
Improve on your weak and strong areas - Identify your weak areas and practice more questions on them. Learn from the mistakes and try to avoid the same mistake in other mock tests of CAT exam. Try solving more questions of your strong portions in mocks.
Time Management - After you have conquered your weaker areas, now your focus shifts to time management. This will gradually increase after you keep giving mocks using the shortcut tricks more.
Analysis - One thing many forget is analyzing the mocks. Thoroughly analyzing each mock will help you set a Mental map of your current preparation and you can mold your strategy accordingly. Give more time to analyze your CAT 2022 mock tests. Even look into the questions which you guess. After analysis, try solving the CAT questions on your own so that you never forget them.
Phase 3: A study plan for October, November
Focus on your strength -Try to focus on the stronger portions and do more questions of them while solving the CAT mock tests 2022.
Practice and revise whatever you have studied till now - Regular practice and a lot of mock tests helps to achieve goals.
Give mocks once in two days - Fix up a time and sit for the mock at the same time. Give the mock on one day and analyze it on the other day. Set up a schedule accordingly.
TITA questions - Always solve TITA questions as it has no negative marking. Last year we had 22 TITA questions which means even if you mark some wrong answers so marks will be deducted.
Use Options - Some questions can be easily solved using the options first in the CAT exam. So, try solving some questions using the options given. This will help you solve questions more quickly than others.
CAT examination tests not only candidates academic knowledge but also your time management skills and your prioritization skills as well.
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
CAT previous year’s question papers with Solutions - Candidate...
Top MBA Colleges 60 Percentile in CAT 2022 - Find here a List ...
Top Colleges In India Accepting CAT Score - Candidates can che...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you
Hello , i have completed btech but i have 3 supply and if i manage to complete all by next year & if the results are not published by the time pg entrance notification is out , can i apply for pg ? also write exam SSC CGL ?
Firstly you need to clear all your three supply, there are many universities which does offer admission provisionally as final year candidates too are eligible to apply, so you have to check out the exact details by visiting the official website, coming to SSC CGL you need to attain the required educational qualifications by the specific date as mentioned in the official notification, and unless you clear the supply, you won't be able to apply for the same,
When it comes to job profiles of SSC CGL, there are only three posts which have specific criteria pertaining to it which are as follows;
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer : essential qualification is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, desirable qualification is ca/cma/cs/mcom/mba(finance),masters in business economics and masters in business studies
Junior Statistical Officer : Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 60% marks in maths at 10+2 level or graduation in any subject with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Statistical Investigator Grade II ; Bachelor's degree in any discipline with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Assistant in NCLAT ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law from a recognized university,
Research Assistant in NHRC ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law/human rights from a recognized university, a minimum of one year research experience from a recognized university is required.
Other than aforementioned posts, others only have eligibility criteria of passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.