Last Minute Preparation Strategy for CAT 2022
Last Minute Preparation Strategy for CAT 2022 - CAT 2022 entrance exam is around the corner and it is the last-minute preparation strategy for CAT that comes in handy. In order to ace the toughest entrance exam of Management of Business Administration (MBA), last-minute CAT strategy plays an important role. Prior to a few days before the exam is known as the high time to gear up and take the necessary steps toward CAT 2022 preparation. Read the full article to know the last-minute section-wise preparation for CAT 2022.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
CAT 2022 Last-month Preparation Strategy: Video Guide
CAT 2022 - Last-Minute Preparation Strategy and Tips
Prior to a few days of CAT, one should evaluate themselves, and how well they are prepared to tackle the exam day pressure. Apart from that how you are going to apply the concept while solving a question on the exam day to not lose the accuracy level and manage time as well. Check the CAT last-minute preparation tips that one can apply during the last minute preparation strategy of CAT 2022 and fetch the desired score.
If we talk from the point of view of CAT preparation for the last five days, it is totally different and crucial as compared to the early days' preparation strategy. At this point, candidates should slender their CAT preparation and should avoid doing unnecessary things such as taking new topics to cover, investing much time in lengthy questions, and getting overconfident about CAT.
These are the things included in the last minute preparation strategy for CAT 2022. For those who are taking CAT 2022, this article belongs to them, it contains all the important tips and strategies which one needs to follow at the last minute.
Last-minute Preparation Strategy for CAT 2022
Avoid Studying New Topics
In these last few days of CAT 2022 preparation, never ever touch on any topic which is new to you. Learning an entire topic in these crucial days will lead one to confusion. The main demerit of taking a new topic is, it will reduce the quality of understanding and it will make it difficult to memorize pre-learned concepts. Candidates should only focus on and polish such topics about which they are confident.
Expert says- keep polish learned concepts and get command over them. On the exam day prior to solving any question from the section, one should invest 5 minutes to scan the section so that one will get to know, which question they should take to solve first so that time will get easily managed.
- Check also- CAT Score Vs Percentile
Revise from already prepared notes - Every day till the exam
As per experts, it is good to do last-minute CAT preparation with the prepared sticky notes and not touch the books which they have used during the early days of preparation. Doing revision through handouts will help you to brush up on such topics in which you are confident about it. Sometimes, candidates can easily figure out the answer while just taking a look at those notes (This clearly saves candidates time if they will be able to do the calculation in their mind).
Apart from saving time, practicing with handouts in the last days of preparation will boost the candidate's confidence level. So, candidates are advised to avoid preparing from the textbook and from other study materials in the last days of CAT 2022 preparation.
Keep taking the mock test in the final days of preparation for the CAT
It is always better to give mock tests every day, but due to the length syllabus of CAT many candidates would not be able to take mocks every day in the last five days of the examination one should take mocks and keep track of the time. While taking final mocks one should set an aura like they are sitting in the examination hall for this they need to keep aside their phone, the room should be locked, have your rough sheet and a pen, and the timer should be set.
- You Might be Interested in- How to crack CAT on the first attempt
Quality (not quantity) should be your measure
Candidates should ensure that, do not take such questions first when they are not sure of what. By doing this one can lose their confidence level at the beginning of the exam. Firstly, they should solve such questions which they can solve while reading the question. At the beginning of every section one should keep aside the difficult questions, through this candidates can increase their overall number of attempted questions.
Keep polishing speed and accuracy level
Losing speed and accuracy is always a bane in any entrance exam. When the exam day is near one should keep the focus on them, as speed and accuracy are an integral part of the CAT. If someone is seeking an answer how they can maintain speed and accuracy level? Then here is the answer- candidates should try to increase their calculation speed in a smart way.
Do mental calculations as much as one can. As per the past year's trend, the questions asked in CAT do not require complex calculations, hence, candidates are easily able to do the mental calculation, try to avoid an on-screen calculator as it will save time. There are lots of tricks available over the internet and in textbooks to increase mental calculation speed. Those questions related to the reasoning part will get easily solved by doing mental calculations. This is one of the most important last-minute preparation strategies for CAT.
Manage time in an effective way
After taking command over speed and accuracy level candidates should take a look at time management. Firstly, they need to evaluate whether they are able to solve a section within the stipulated time or not. If we talk about CAT 2022 time management strategy, then one should classify their time into three parts. In the first part, one should attempt those questions, which they can answer at the time of reading the questions or need a bit of calculation.
After that candidates should take such questions, that they find they can solve but need some additional time. In the end, candidates take such questions which are time-consuming and tough ones. If a candidate will be able to solve 75 percent of questions from the whole paper with good accuracy and speed one can expect a decent percentile. By doing time management, candidates can stay relaxed on exam day.
Check Also - How to score 100 percentile in CAT
Last Minute Preparation Strategy for CAT 2022 (Section-wise)
At the last moments of preparation, candidates need to focus on major as well as minor things. No doubt preparation as a whole is very much important for any competitive exam but at the same time, it is also essential to emphasize specific sections of the test as it ensures how well one could attempt the paper. Check preparation strategies given to ace each section of CAT 2022.
Last Minute CAT Preparation Strategy- Quantitative Aptitude
The quantitative aptitude section is considered to be the most difficult section in CAT. To ace this section, one needs to have a good speed and accuracy rate. The major part of this section is covered by concept-based questions. Thus, it is quite important for the candidates to first, clear their concept for each topic.
To excel in this section one should have a strong command of calculation as well and one should try to calculate in mind without using pen-paper in order to save time. In the last days of CAT 2022 preparation, candidates should go through the previous year's question paper so that one should know the dominating topics of the Quantitative Aptitude section and attempt such questions first while taking the CAT 2022.
Last Minute Preparation Strategy for CAT 2022 (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)
The Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section are wholly based upon practice. Generally, the question asked under this section is to check the analytical and logical thinking of the candidates. There is no need to learn any kind of formulae to ace this section. One needs to apply his mind logically to get the answers. The elimination method can also be used to perform better in this section i.e., one can eliminate the options that are totally irrelevant and illogical to get the right answer.
Last Minute Preparation Strategy for CAT (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension)
The Verbal and Reading comprehension section is well known for taking the time. The only section which can disbalance time management. In this section, candidates will have to read long passages and answer all the asked questions pertaining to the passage. This section requires good reading skills. Another important thing is that the aspirants must have a good command of their vocabulary as it is very much important to ace the verbal ability section of the paper.
Only those candidates who can easily tackle questions from the Verbal Ability section did their Verbal Ability preparation for CAT 2022 from day one. In the last-minute preparation of CAT 2022 for the Verbal Ability section, one should read the flashcards they have prepared at the initial stage of their preparation.
Those who have a good command of reading can easily excel in the Reading Comprehension section. Those who have developed the skill of concluding the long passages by reading at the time of preparation can score well in this section. Experts say while taking this section at the time of CAT 2022 one should read very carefully the whole passage and try to understand it in the first read. Do not read the paragraphs in a hurry, because sometimes questions asked in the Reading Comprehension section are tricky ones.
Quick Links - 10 Days to go for CAT: Last-minute preparation tips
CAT 2023 is conducted by iimcat for MBA Entrance exam for MBA ...
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria 2023-25: IIMA has released th...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!