How Many Questions to Attempt in CAT 2022 to Get 99 Percentile
How Many Questions to Attempt in CAT 2022 to Get 99+ Percentile- With more than two lakh students appearing for CAT exam every year, not only does it increase the difficulty level of the exam but also makes the scoring process more difficult.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Every year students appearing for CAT exam always wonder ‘How Many Questions to Attempt in CAT to get 99+ Percentile?’ As per CAT 2022 exam pattern, there is a negative marking of one mark for every wrong/incorrect answer. So making a shot in the dark will not prove as a successful mantra to score well. Hence, the number of questions attempted with accuracy and CAT exam time management are two very important points which the candidates must keep in mind. CAT 2022, is one of the coveted management MBA entrance exams and will be conducted on November 27, 2022. Let us unveil the question of how to score 99+ percentile in CAT.
CAT Marking Scheme 2022
Before getting details about scoring 99+ percentile in CAT, students must be familiar with the marking scheme of CAT 2022.
CAT Exam Pattern and CAT Marking Scheme
Total Number of Questions
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
How Many Questions to Attempt in CAT to get 99+ Percentile?
To attempt the maximum number of questions, accuracy is the main key to score 99 and above percentile in CAT MBA exam. However, to give a clear image on how many questions have to be attempted section wise with accuracy to score 99 percentile, Careers360 brings to you compiled analysis from various experts and coaching institutes on the basis of previous year exam:
Best strategies to score 99+ percentile in CAT Exam
Various factors that must be checked by the candidate while attempting the CAT 2022 are:
Accuracy is one of the prime factors which help you gain a good score. If you try to make a shot in dark without checking its accuracy will only fetch you negative marking. Hence to improve one’s accuracy you must keep the following tips in mind:
Lay the groundwork: Before starting off your preparation always begin with clearing your basics of important topics. Practice for basic topics until you master it. Once you start building the process of solving the questions in mind while reading the question you know you have successfully mastered the basic concepts.
Work on weak areas: To score better of course it is important first to focus on strong areas and then on weak areas. Once you focus on weak areas make sure you keep the list of topics ready and polish your weak areas well by referring appropriate study material.
Time efficiency: As the sectional time limit of 40 minutes is given for each section, you must learn to manage time efficiently by setting targets to solve 8-10 questions in a particular time limit.
Stopwatch to measure; calculate time: While you solve questions, best way to measure performance is by setting the stopwatch and calculating the time taken by you to solve a question or a set of questions.
Mock test: Once you have thoroughly built your confidence, start solving CAT 2022 mock tests and familiarize yourself with the type of questions that were asked in previous years.
Challenge yourself: As you solve the mock tests, challenge yourself by setting the stopwatch of solving questions of a section in a time limit. Assess your performance by calculating marks as per the marking scheme.
Shivam Chandak, one of CAT previous year topper who scored 99.98 percentile lays down the importance of mock test and practice by stating, “I used to regularly take the mock test and used to devote at least four to five hours. I practised a lot of questions so that I am able to solve exam paper with ease as solving more questions gave me the confidence to respond correctly on the day of the exam.”
Attempting a maximum number of questions in an exam is not the only way to gain accuracy. The difficulty level of the CAT question paper is measured by the number of questions attempted by the candidates. In case you feel that the difficulty level of the paper is high, in that case, you must:
Read the question paper carefully and assess each section.
Identify the level of difficulty for each section
Always begin with the easier section to manage time efficiently
Make sure you don't make a wild guess as it may lead to negative marking.
Vishesh Garg, another CAT topper who scored 99.99 percentile and aced the exam with flying colors in each section states how he divided the difficulty level of the question paper. He states that “In QA, I usually divide the paper into three levels based on difficulty, so I give like 1-1.5 minutes to easy question, 2-2.5 minutes to medium difficulty and remaining time to tough ones depending on how many I am able to solve.”
Top Colleges in India offering Management Courses
Time and Speed
Knowing that CAT exam has a sectional time limit, the first and foremost step is to scan the CAT 2022 question paper thoroughly to know which section is easy to attempt first. Once you solve easy questions, you gain confidence and this then saves your time. Gradually move to difficult questions and don’t waste time if you get stuck between any two options.
Ravi Prinshu who scored 99.78 percentile in CAT 2020 and topped XAT 2021 says, "I went through all the questions that were asked in the CAT exam. I identified which were the easy questions and I aimed at solving all the easy questions first and foremost. Later on I came to solve the slightly difficult questions. In the first attempt I did not spend more than four to five minutes on each question. The main focus was to solve all easy questions in the paper."
CAT Score vs Percentile
According to the previous year’s CAT exam analysis, below we present the CAT 2022 score vs percentile range prepared by experts:
|CAT percentile range||CAT overall score|
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
CAT 2023 is conducted by iimcat for MBA Entrance exam for MBA ...
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body released the CAT...
CAT Percentile Predictor 2022 - Predict your CAT percentile by...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!