CAT 2022 - How Vedic Maths helps to speed up calculation?
CAT 2022: How Vedic Maths helps to speed up calculation? - Common Admission Test is just a few months away and one of the very important aspects is to correctly and swiftly calculate and solve questions in quantitative ability and data interpretation and logical reasoning. Vedic Maths has proved to be a boon for students who appeared for the CAT exam in the past as it helped to swiftly do the calculations correctly as well as cross check if their answer is correct or not.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Students often question how vedic maths helps to speed up calculation in the CAT exam. Once one gets aware about the basic concepts of Vedic Maths, he or she will be able to easily do the calculations during the CAT exam. This will not only help in solving more questions in the CAT exam but also with accuracy. If you are still wondering how vedic maths helps speed up calculations in CAT 2022, then the answer is that you must be aware of the important sutras, their meaning and how you should apply it to different questions. Read the complete article on how Vedic Maths helps speed up calculation in CAT 2022
- CAT 2022: When and how to start preparation
- Best Books for CAT Preparation
- CAT 2022: Important topics for preparation
- How to prepare for CAT without coaching
How Vedic Maths helps speed up calculation in CAT 2022 - Know all about sutras, their meanings and its application
In order to speed up the calculations during CAT 2022, candidates must understand the sutras, its meaning and how they should use it. Once this is clear candidates will be easily able to answer CAT quantitative ability and logical reasoning questions with ease.
Sutras of Vedic Maths
Where To Use
By one more than the previous one
Squaring of a number ending with 5
Nikhilam Navatashcaramam Dashatah
All from 9 and the last from 10
Multiplication of numbers, which are near to base like 10, 100, 1000
Vertically and crosswise
It is the general formula, applicable to all cases of multiplication of two large number
Transpose and adjust
When divisor greater than 10
When the sum is the same that sum is zero
If one is in ratio, the other is zero
To find out the product of two number when both are near the common base like 40, 40, etc. (multiples of powers of 10).
By addition and by subtraction
It is used to solve simultaneous simple equations which have the co-efficient of the variables interchanged.
By the completion or Non-completion
Used to simplify or solve the algebra problems.
Get access to Free CAT Mock Test 2022 here.
Sub-Sutras of Vedic Mathematics
Remainder remains constant
First by first and last by last
Kevalaih Saptakam Gunyat
For 7 the Multiplicand is 143
Lessen by the Deficiency
Yavadunam Tavadunam Varganca Yojayet
Whatever the Deficiency lessen by that amount and set up the Square of the Deficiency
Last Totalling 10
Only the Last Terms
The Sum of the coefficients in the product
By Alternate Elimination and Retention
By Mere Observation
The Product of the Sum is the Sum of the Products
What are the advantages of Vedic Maths for CAT Exam?
When one is asked to know all about this conventional form of mathematics, then a number of people ask what are the advantages of Vedic maths for the CAT exam. Let us check some of the advantages which students can have if they are well versed with Vedic maths for the CAT exam.
How to prepare for CAT VARC (Verbal and Reading Comprehension)
How to prepare for CAT 2021 along with other entrance exams
Increase in speed and accuracy in calculation
Those candidates who are preparing for the CAT exam, if they are well versed with the Vedic maths, then they must remember that it will help them increase their speed while doing the calculations. With an increase in the speed, candidates will be able to solve more questions in less time and with accuracy. This will prove to be a boon for them as they will be able to score a high percentile.
Read more- Sectional Time Management Tips for CAT 2022
Enhances Logical Thinking
There is a complete section on data interpretation and logical thinking in the CAT exam. If the candidates are well versed with various concepts of Vedic maths, then their ability to think logically gets the much needed boost. By getting a boost to logical thinking, candidates will be able to understand the questions faster and will be able to swiftly solve them.
Helps to cross check answers
Another advantage of Vedic Maths is that it will help to cross check if the response that you have selected while answering the questions in the CAT exam is correct or not. Hence, once you choose the answer to a question, then by using the tricks that you have learnt through Vedic Maths, you will be able to to analyse if the answer is correct or not. This one will be able to do within a short period of time.
Gives boost to confidence
The more understanding the candidate gets about Vedic Maths and more efficiently are they able to apply it to the questions correctly while they appear for the CAT exam, it will give tremendous amount of boost to their confidence. With the much needed impetus to the confidence level while one is appearing for the exam, candidates will perform well on the day of the exam and they would know exactly how many questions have they correctly answered.
Get full details on CAT exam analysis for slot 1, slot 2, and ...
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body will release the...
CAT Score Vs Percentile 2022 - What is CAT score Vs Percentile...
How to Calculate CAT Percentile 2022 - Get to know the method ...
Questions related to CAT
gjgvhj bobbo ikb oob o oh ik kb be i kbyfhvvigivjj vhogivig
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you