CAT 2022 Errors to Avoid on Exam Day - Check Here!
CAT 2022: Errors to Avoid on Exam Day- In order to ace CAT, just the exam preparation is not enough. Sometimes students tend to commit to the same errors in repetitive manner. Getting admission in top MBA colleges comes with many hours of toil and burdensome work. Hence it is pertinent to avoid common errors on CAT 2022 exam day.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
It is generally observed that despite impeccable CAT 2022 preparation, feeling of nervousness, over-thinking, or over-excitement could lead one to make some mistakes that were easily avoidable. This might just prove fatal and one might end up being at the receiving end. Here are some tips that would help a CAT aspirant to avoid mistakes on the CAT exam day such as carrying important documents to the CAT test centre, having a sound sleep a day before the exam, reporting at the test centre well ahead of the scheduled time, guidelines and instructions that need to be followed inside the exam hall so on and so forth.
Quick Links -
CAT 2022: Important topics for preparation
CAT Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Errors to avoid on the CAT exam day
Following are the mistakes that you should try to avoid for CAT 2022:
Assemble all the important documents for the CAT exam
To avoid any disorganized situation on exam day, aspirants should assemble all their necessary documents for the CAT 2022 at least three to four days prior to the exam. These necessary documents generally include - CAT Admit card and a valid identity proof for the exam. On the exam day, aspirants should remain calm and should not get anxious.
Sound sleep before the exam day
It is generally seen that owing to anxiousness, candidates are not able to sleep a day before the exam. Most of the aspirants try to grasp many things just before a night before the exam thereby resulting in lack of sleep. Absence of sound sleep slows down the active mind on the exam day. So, it is highly recommended even by the experts that candidates must have a sound sleep so that their mind remains alert on CAT exam day.
Sectional Time Management Tips for CAT 2022
One Year Study Plan for CAT 2022
Reach the CAT examination centre on time
To remain calm and composed at the time of examination, it is necessary to reach the CAT exam centre on time. One should leave from their home as per their suitability and according to the distance between their home and CAT 2022 exam centre. Reaching late at the centre may prove to be detrimental as one may not be allowed to appear for the exam. Most of the time it is seen that latecomers had to face the brunt as they were disallowed from appearing in the exam.
Complete the procedure of document verification
Before the candidate enters the test hall, he or she needs to get their documents verified at the entry gate. This includes getting the CAT 2022 admit card and valid photo identity proof being checked at the test centre of CAT 2022. The documents should be presented in original at the test centre so that there is no kind of impersonation. Candidates cannot afford to commit an error at the time of document verification. If due to some reason, the candidate commits an error of not getting his documents checked, then must quickly get it done so as to avoid any disqualification at a later stage.
The procedure of Biometric Verification
After completing the document verification process, candidates have to complete the procedure of biometric verification. This is the last step that has to be completed before one proceeds to sit for the exam in the test hall. At the time of the biometric verification, candidates left thumb impression and photograph would be captured and they would be required to sign the attendance sheet. Here what the female candidates must remember that they should not apply henna on their hand as it will pose difficulty at the time of biometric verification. This is one very important error to avoid on exam day of CAT 2022.
Must Read:- What after CAT? Shift Focus on MBA Admission
Watch the video on CAT 2021 exam day guidelines-
CAT 2022 - Errors to avoid on exam day while inside the hall
Focus on your system only
Sometimes, it happens out of curiosity, aspirants try to look around at others to see how they are dealing with the exam because of which they not only lose their own time but also focus. Hence, it is advisable that one should focus on his or her system only.
Understand the game of time
Along with the completion of the exam, there is one more challenge that faces and that is to complete the given section within the stipulated time as there is no coming back to the section when one has already completed it. So, candidates, while attempting the paper must understand the game of time and how they are going to manage the same. Therefore this is another error to avoid on CAT 2022 exam day.
How to do Time Management for CAT?
Do not get stuck on a difficult question
Sometimes, candidates invest so much of their time on a single question and expect that they will get the right answer but they end up losing time only. Therefore it is suggested that if one is investing the time more than required, on a question, they should leave that question right there and move onto answering the one which is easier.
Read questions carefully
Before attempting the question, candidates must read the question carefully. It has been seen among the candidates that either they do not read the questions carefully or because of over excitement for attempting it, they have the tendency to skip a particular part, thereby changing the complete meaning. So, to avoid this error, aspirants should keep in mind that they have to read between the lines when attending the paper in order to score more.
There are very minimal cases and chances where ‘guesswork’ works. Though, candidates can go for eliminating the options to get the right option but should strictly avoid the guesswork in the exam as there are very rare chances of getting the guessed choice correct. It would be the biggest error among all the errors made by the students while taking the exam. This error does not take place by mistake but is deliberately committed by the candidates.
Stay cool and calm and don’t panic
One should stay composed, cool and calm and should not get panic throughout the hours of examination because the moment you start getting panic, you start losing your focus which makes you want to go out of the track. So, it is recommended that one should calmly deal with the exam even if the major part of the paper is difficult to understand.
How to utilize a calculator in CAT
These were the foremost common mistakes that CAT aspirants create and find themselves reducing their preparation effectiveness. It’s necessary to avoid these mistakes whereas making ready to be ready to have correct preparation and develop the boldness to tackle the examination queries simply. Finally, understudies should make a technique to ace each subject that comes in the CAT test. Additionally, one should practice sample CAT papers to evaluate the trouble level of the test. Be enthusiastic about learning and you can pro the exam easily.
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
CAT previous year’s question papers with Solutions - Candidate...
Top MBA Colleges 60 Percentile in CAT 2022 - Find here a List ...
Top Colleges In India Accepting CAT Score - Candidates can che...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you
Hello , i have completed btech but i have 3 supply and if i manage to complete all by next year & if the results are not published by the time pg entrance notification is out , can i apply for pg ? also write exam SSC CGL ?
Firstly you need to clear all your three supply, there are many universities which does offer admission provisionally as final year candidates too are eligible to apply, so you have to check out the exact details by visiting the official website, coming to SSC CGL you need to attain the required educational qualifications by the specific date as mentioned in the official notification, and unless you clear the supply, you won't be able to apply for the same,
When it comes to job profiles of SSC CGL, there are only three posts which have specific criteria pertaining to it which are as follows;
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer : essential qualification is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, desirable qualification is ca/cma/cs/mcom/mba(finance),masters in business economics and masters in business studies
Junior Statistical Officer : Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 60% marks in maths at 10+2 level or graduation in any subject with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Statistical Investigator Grade II ; Bachelor's degree in any discipline with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Assistant in NCLAT ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law from a recognized university,
Research Assistant in NHRC ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law/human rights from a recognized university, a minimum of one year research experience from a recognized university is required.
Other than aforementioned posts, others only have eligibility criteria of passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.