CAT 2022 Mistakes You Must Avoid on Exam Day
CAT 2022: Mistakes to Avoid on Exam Day - CAT 2022 is all set to be held on November 27. Aspiring candidates are now in their revision phase. But just learning the tips and tricks and clearing the concepts is not all you need to do in order to score well in the exam.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Candidates who want to clear the IIM entrance exam with a good score and get a call from one of top IIMs must know some common mistakes that many of them often make during the exam. For better performance and good marks in the CAT exam, candidates are advised to avoid these mistakes. CAT is the gateway to admission at IIMs and other leading MBA colleges in India.
CAT 2022: Mistakes you must avoid on the test day
Below-mentioned mistakes are frequently made by candidates while they take the CAT exam.
Getting Stuck on Tricky Question
No denying CAT is one of the most difficult MBA entrance exams in India. Though CAT questions are of easy to moderate difficulty level. However, the paper also contains some tricky questions where many candidates get stuck. Such questions consume a lot of time. As per the CAT 2022 exam pattern, the question paper of CAT 2022 will be divided into multiple-choice questions as well as TITA questions. Candidates should scan the questions and answer the easy ones first and then to medium and difficult questions. With this approach, candidates can do more questions accurately.
Losing Patience While Reading Question Paper
Sometimes it happens that on account of nervousness, candidates tend to read questions abruptly. This is where the mistake occurs. While reading questions, do not hurry up. Focus on the question so that you can properly understand it. It is important to understand the question to answer it correctly. However, candidates should keep the time in mind. Do not take too much time to read a question. In CAT 2022, candidates will be provided 40 minutes to answer a section. After the time limit is over, they will automatically move to another section. Solving more questions matters but what most matters is answering with high accuracy.
Quick Links -
Avoid Curiosity of Knowing About Others
Concentration on your own workstation. Once a candidate enters the exam hall, the sole aim should be to concentrate on your activities. As one of the tips on CAT 2022 mistakes you must avoid on the exam day, candidates are advised to not be considerate about what others are doing. The focus should be on your personal computer screen. Putting your nose into others' business may lead to writing a wrong answer or worse expelled from writing CAT exam. Hence, do not get distracted and do what you are there for.
Carry Important Documents
Around 2 lakh candidates appear for CAT exam every year. All candidates must carry a hard copy of admit card of CAT 2022 along with some other important documents. Candidates should keep handy all necessary documents beforehand in order to avoid forgetting to carry them on the day of CAT 2022. One of the most common mistakes candidates make is to bring an only copy of CAT 2022 admit card. As per the CAT 2022 admit card, there are certainly other major documents which are necessary to be carried along on the exam day.
Understand Time Policy
As per the exam pattern of CAT 2022, candidates will have total 120 minutes to take the CAT exam. Moreover, in order to solve the three given sections, only 40 minutes per section will be provided i.e. there will be sectional timing in CAT 2022. Hence, as a part of tips of CAT 2022 mistakes to avoid on exam day, candidates must ensure that they follow the given time schedule. Managing the time will be beneficial as candidates will be able to save some time and solve more in given time. To have a strong hold on time management, candidates are advised to take CAT 2022 mock test, or solve previous year question papers or attempt sample papers keeping time in mind.
Quick Links -
Other Important Guidelines To Be Followed
Apart from the above-mentioned CAT 2022 mistakes to avoid on the test day, candidates must adhere to the below-mentioned guidelines on the exam day to ensure security. Let us look at each guideline one by one to have a better understanding.
Find a Suitable Attire
Do not carry or wear heavy jewellery/jackets/improper attire. Candidates wearing jewellery and jackets will be asked to take it off. Be in proper and suitable attire so that no one can question your presence.
Be On Reporting Time
It is clearly mentioned on the admit card of CAT 2022 of the candidates. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after the reporting time is over. Carefully check your admit card and be on the reporting time. Once the exam centre of CAT 2022 gates is closed, no candidates will be allowed to get inside.
Do Not Panic
Above all, leave all the worries aside and focus on what is important. Remember that in a panic situation you will ruin all the good as well. Answer questions only after reading and understanding them carefully. Forget the worry and hope for the best. Try to imagine that you have already cleared the exam and are getting into your dream B-School to pursue an MBA degree.
Quick Links -
Get full details on CAT exam analysis for slot 1, slot 2, and ...
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body will release the...
CAT Score Vs Percentile 2022 - What is CAT score Vs Percentile...
How to Calculate CAT Percentile 2022 - Get to know the method ...
Questions related to CAT
gjgvhj bobbo ikb oob o oh ik kb be i kbyfhvvigivjj vhogivig
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you