Your browser does not support iframes.
What to Carry at CAT 2018 Test Centres - Preparation is complete, candidates are now gearing themselves to encounter the CAT 2018 questions on November 25. With just a few hours left for CAT, one should not only be prepared with a sound exam day strategy but also should have the exam day instructions stated by IIM Calcutta at his/her fingertips. Flouting the instructions may result in confusion and panic at the CAT 2018 test centre. Coping with the stress of the exam, candidates may tend to overlook the vital instructions now but this ignorance can cost them, BIG time! To avoid such situations, Careers360, in this article, has mentioned the things to carry at CAT 2018 test centres. Test takers should check the instructions mentioned by the conducting authority and double-check the documents that need to be carried at the CAT exam centre.
Latest: [Download free Question Papers and Sample Paper of CAT, Click here]
Download Free Sample Paper for CAT
CAT 2018 Analysis
CAT 2018 Analysis by T.I.M.E.
CAT 2018 Analysis by IMS Learning
CAT 2018 Analysis by Bulls Eye
CAT 2017 Analysis by Caree Launcher
Top MBA Colleges in India 2018
CAT Score Vs Percentile
Top Bschools accepting CAT score
What to Carry at CAT Test Centres 2018?
Careers360 will support CAT 2018 aspirants to know all about the instructions, the Dos and Don’ts to be abided by, and what to carry at the CAT 2018 centre to avoid last minute hassles.
In order to avoid chaos at the time of the examination, one must first carefully read all the details mentioned by the examination authorities, and on his/her CAT 2018 admit card. In the case of CAT, the IIMs have regulated strict guidelines for the test takers to follow at the time of the test. With just a day left for CAT, read details of what the test takers must do and carry at the time of the test.
Carry Your Admit Card: This is the most important document to be taken at the time of examination. If you forget to carry your CAT 2018 admit card you might have to forget your chances of appearing in the test. Among many, one of the most strict instructions by CAT conducting body is 'Not to forget' the admit card; failing to which candidate will not be allowed to appear in the test. If you haven’t downloaded your admit cards yet, you must download it on priority. Print the admit card on an A4 size paper using a laser printer. The admit card will be considered valid only if the candidate's photograph and signature images are legibly printed. They also need to afx the same photograph as uploaded while registering for CAT at the indicated place (besides the printed photograph).
Downloading the card and carrying it to the exam centre is not enough, you must also paste your recent colour photograph. Do not sign earlier as the instructions clearly say that the signature should be made in front of the invigilator. If you have the admit card and not pasted your picture, you will still not be allowed to appear in the test. So read the admit card instructions and follow on the same. Also, ensure that the print out of the admit card is legible. If the images are blurred or your name is not readable,
Identity Proof: Among the instructions, it is also mentioned that candidates should bring any one of their original (not photocopied or scanned) valid (not expired) photo identity proofs. The list includes Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Identication Afdavit, Driving License, Employer ID, College ID (this must be supported with a valid Credit/Debit Card with your name).
Reporting Time: Candidates should report to the centre at 7:30 am for the forenoon session and at 1:00 pm for the afternoon session. No candidate will be allowed inside the CAT test centre after 8:45 am for the forenoon session and post 2:15 pm for the afternoon session.
Now besides knowing the ‘What items to carry, you must also know ‘What not to carry at the CAT test centres 2018?’
1. Calculator: Among the major changes announced in CAT by IIMs last year, one is the addition of basic on-screen calculator for computing. Since you will be able to access the on-screen calculator, you are not required or allowed to take any personal calculators for the test.
2. Any Certificates or Documents: Carrying any document besides admit card and identity proof is inadmissible. You are not permitted to carry any documents like mark sheets or even blank papers to the test, doing so will be termed as violation of the CAT rules.
3. Stationery Items: CAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT), where students are required to carry minimum stationery items. You will be provided with a pen and a writing pad to do any rough work, which will have to be returned after the Test. Candidates should clearly write their name and registration number on the writing pad.
4. Watch or Timer: The total duration of the test is three hours, with a sectional limit of 60 minutes for each section to complete. The CAT computer system will have an on-screen timer to let you know how much time is left to complete the section, hence discharging you from the need of bringing your own watch or timer.
5. No bags, purses or Phone: No bags or mobile phones are allowed inside the test centre, you will be asked to keep the bags outside the examination premises. Also, if you only have a wallet or purse, you may carry the money in your pockets and leave the same outside.
6. No jewellery and footwear: Candidates should not wear any jewellery or other items containing metal. Candidates will be asked to remove their jackets and footwear before entering the test hall.
7. No Mehndi: On the day of the test, your digital fingerprint scan will be captured. Candidates whose fingerprints cannot be digitally scanned due to reasons like applying Mehndi/henna /any cosmetic colours etc., will not be permitted to take the test.
Some of the CAT test takers shares that the foremost important thing to do at the time of CAT 2018 is to stay calm.
Locate your test centre - Ensure that you reach the right test centre on your CAT 2018 test day. Check your Admit Card for the address of your test centre. Ensure that you know the direction and the travel time so that you can plan the day better.
Avoid last-minute preparations – If you have not prepared for any topic so far, do not even try to start it just before a few hours for the test. Neither would you be able to grasp it nor would you be able to revise your already prepared topics properly. It is alright to leave out a few topics. It will only create confusion and panic at the last moment.
Relax and Stay confident - Relaxation should be the main mantra a day before your CAT. You have worked hard enough so far and even if you have not, you cannot make it up in few hours; so the best way is to soothe your nerves is by doing something that relaxes you the most. Confidence is the key to success, so do not be nervous at all.
For any correspondence with CAT Centre, candidates must provide his/her CAT Registration Number. Best wishes to all the CAT 2018 test aspirants!
Last minute preparation strategy for CAT 2018
CAT 2018: 10 key points to know while attempting the exam
IIM Jammu Fees - Check the complete fee structure of PGPM offered by IIM Jammu. Also, check IIM J...
CAT 2019 is a computer-based (online) exam which will be conducted on November 24, 2019. Get all ...
CAT Answer Key 2019 - Candidates will be able to access the answer key of CAT 2019 tentatively in...
Students who have scored low score in CAT can now get admission in good MBA colleges of Madhya Pr...
CAT Registration 2019 - IIM will release the CAT 2019 application form in the first week of Augus...
Here is a list of all government medical colleges in UP and their respective cut offs for admission under the State quotas for the General cat...
Hello student,As per ur question n based on previous years closing ranks for different college here are few decent colleges where u might have chan...
Dear Nitin,I assume that your state domicile is Haryana from your biodata. For 467 marks in NEET 2019, you won't be able to get any government medi...
Bal Kisan, I'm providing you a list of colleges you may get a seat by comparing with the last few years' c...
Hey T Malavika,Hope you are doing well!Well dear your NEET score is 323,and you belong to UR category,so,getting a seat may be a bit difficult.You ...
Your CAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile