CMAT 2023 Score Vs Percentile - Know Marks & Percentile
CMAT Score vs Percentile 2023- The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the CMAT 2023 scorecard on its official website i.e. cmat.nta.nic.in. The CMAT scorecard will contain only sectional marks and total marks along with the AIR mentioned. The results of CMAT 2023 will not contain the specified percentage. So here comes what is the CMAT score vs percentile 2023. Every year Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) is conducted for management admission in various CMAT participating B-Schools. Candidates who want to know how to calculate CMAT score vs percentile 2023, check here.
Stay up-to date with CMAT News
CMAT Score Vs Percentile 2023
Once the candidates are done with the CMAT exam, they will start analyzing their overall performance in the CMAT exam as well as their CMAT expected scores. Students must know that CMAT 2023 result contains the total marks and All India Rank. Hence, candidates are likely to get confused between the CMAT score vs percentile.
Both may sound similar yet depict different meanings. In this article on CMAT percentile vs score, Careers360 will help you understand what CMAT result contains? What are CMAT marks vs percentile and previous year statistics of CMAT results? CMAT is a national-level entrance exam conducted in computer-based mode across India.
Details on CMAT Result 2023
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is conducted by the National Testing Agency in CBT mode. Candidates can predict their CMAT percentile through the CMAT percentile predictor. Before jumping straight onto the difference between CMAT score vs percentile 2023, let us have a look at what is CMAT score and what the CMAT percentile is?
CMAT Score 2023
The marks obtained by the candidates on the basis of the marking scheme as prescribed by NTA are called the CMAT score. In other words, CMAT 2023 score is the sum total of marks obtained by the candidates in all four sections. To calculate the CMAT exam score, candidates can follow the below pointers:
Four marks for each question are awarded
For each wrong or incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted
For unanswered questions, no marks will be awarded or deducted
The total score is calculated by totaling the marks as per questions answered
Note that the result of CMAT 2023 is based upon the above-mentioned process. Let us understand the same with help of an example:
How to Calculate CMAT score?
|Marks for Correct Answers||75*4=300||80*4=320|
|Marks for Wrong Answers||25*1=25||8*1=8|
Note that due to negative marking wrong attempts will lead to a deduction of marks in total.
Keeping in view the past trends, the All India Rank is based on the marks obtained. But in case, two or more candidates get the same marks then in such case the rank is based on the following order-
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation > Logical Reasoning > Language Comprehension > General Awareness
Browse MBA Colleges in India by Locations
|MBA Colleges in Bangalore||MBA Colleges in Mumbai|
|MBA Colleges in Pune||MBA Colleges in Chennai|
|MBA Colleges in Delhi||MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad|
|MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR||MBA Colleges in Hyderabad|
|MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad||View all MBA Colleges in India|
CMAT Percentile 2023
The relative scores which indicate a rank secured by candidates are called the percentile of CMAT. To put it differently, the CMAT percentile is a measure of categorizing candidates based on their performance. It shows the position obtained by candidates on the merit list.
Calculation of CMAT Percentile:
The CMAT 2023 percentile score denotes the percentage of candidates that have scored equal to or below that particular percentile in the examination. Therefore the highest score taker of each session will get the same percentile in CMAT. The marks obtained in between the lowest and highest scores are also converted to appropriate CMAT percentiles.
Percentile scores are calculated up to 7 decimal places to avoid the bunching effect and reduce ties. The CMAT percentile score of a candidate is calculated as follows:
Total Percentile (TP1) = 100 x (No. of candidates who appeared from the session with raw score EQUAL TO or LESS than T1 score/ Total No. of candidates who appeared in the session)
NOTE: The percentile of the total will not be the sum or average of the percentile of the individual subject. The percentile score will not be equal to the percentage of marks obtained.
Let’s understand the above formula with the help of an example:
We will take the example of QA i.e. Quantitative Ability section to calculate the percentile:
Step 1: Calculate CMAT 2023 appearing candidates
Step 2: Mention the rank of the candidate in the QA section to all the candidates who will appear for CMAT 2023.
Step 3: Put the values in the formula given above
Suppose, 10000 candidates will give CMAT 2023 and a candidate will secure 5th rank, His/her CMAT percentile will be calculated as below:
- P = 10000-5/10000*100
Hence his/her CMAT percentile 2023 will be 99.95.
Note- Percentile of other and overall sections will also be calculated using the above formula. You can also know the accurate percentile by using our CMAT percentile predictor tool.
Must Read:- Top B-schools Accepting CMAT Scores
CMAT Score VS Percentile- Expected Percentile
Based on the CMAT result of previous years, given below is the list of expected percentile for a certain range of scores obtained by candidates.
CMAT Previous Year's Statistics
Gender and Category wise number of candidates registered:
OBC- NCL (Central List)
Gender and Category wise number of candidates appeared:
OBC- NCL (Central List)
CMAT Score VS Percentile 2023
Here is the CMAT score range and the percentile after score normalization.
CMAT Score Range out of 400 Maximum Marks
CMAT Percentile Range after score normalization for both the shifts
Top MBA colleges accepting CMAT score: Location-wise
Candidates can check from the list below, their preferred MBA college in their preferred city for admission through CMAT.
|MBA colleges accepting CMAT in Chennai||MBA colleges in Bangalore Accepting CMAT|
|MBA colleges accepting CMAT in Delhi NCR||MBA colleges accepting CMAT in Bhopal|
|List of all CMAT colleges in India||MBA Colleges accepting CMAT in Ahmedabad|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CMAT 2023 Score Vs Percentile - Know Marks & Percentile
Question: For how long is CMAT score valid for admission to MBA institutes?
The validity of the CMAT score is one year. For example, CMAT 2023 score is valid for admission to 2023-24 academic sessions only. If you take the exam in a given academic year but do not take admission, then you will have to reappear for CMAT in the next academic session.
Question: What score/ mark do I need to get 99+ percentile in CMAT?
To get 99+ percent in CMAT, a candidate should aim for 300+ marks.
Question: How many marks are required to get 90+ percent in CMAT?
Around 340-345 is a good estimated score to cross the 90 percentile mark in CMAT 2023.
Question: Why is the score vs percentile analysis of CMAT 2023 important?
CMAT Score vs Percentile Analysis is important as it provides the students with an idea of the previous year scoring patterns of the CMAT exam. It also helps aspirants set targets and set the right balance between speed and accuracy.
Question: Does a certain mark in CMAT guarantee a fixed percentile?
No, the percentile of a student is calculated through their rank in comparison to other students. Hence, there is no fixed CMAT mark that guarantees a certain percentile in CMAT.
Question: Is there any CMAT Predictor tool to find the percentile?
Yes, our careers360 provides the CMAT percentile predictor tool to check the CMAT score/ percentile.
CMAT Exam Dates 2023- Check CMAT 2023 important dates related ...
CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips for General Awareness: Planning to ...
CMAT Selection procedure 2023- The selection procedure of CMAT...
Questions related to CMAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
how many seats are there in CMAT exam for st category... what is the minimum cut off for st category to get seat in ABM course
Colleges have a fixed number of seats in their courses for which they shortlist a fixed number of candidates. The cutoff is calculated based on the score of the lowest-ranking candidate shortlisted for the selection process. IIM A, B and C require around 99.9 +%ile for A.B,C for general category, around 95%ile for OBC and around 90% for SC/ST. ST category required 30 in verbal percentile rank and 40 overall percentile rank. Colleges follow the reservation criteria set by the Government of India. The reservation percentile for ST(Scheduled Tribe) category is 7.5%.The CMAT cut off for ST category in 2017 [70.01 (percentile)] and in 2016 [75.22 (percentile)].
MY CMAT 2022 SCORE is 125 can i get admission in MBA colleges in pune?
Looking at the previous year CMAT Cutoff for various MBA Colleges in PUNE, with 125 marks in CMAT, you have good chances to get admission in MBA Colleges in Pune. The previous year Cutoff for various MBA Colleges in Pune was as follows :
Balaji Institute of International Business (BIIB) Sri Balaji University Pune - 80 to 100
ISBM Pune - 80 to 100
Balaji Institute Of Modern Management (BIMM) Sri Balaji University Pune - 80 to 100.
Further, to know more about the CMAT cutoff for MBA colleges for previous years, you can follow the below mentioned link to know more : https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/cmat-cutoff
I hope that this will help.
Will NTA release CMAT percentiles anytime soon?
Hope you are doing absolutely great.
So with regard to your query, generally NTA is the authority which release the CMAT score. on 29 April 2022 it released the CMAT scores. However, they consisted only the marks, there was no percentile given in that.
The percentile might be released soon by the authorities. Also as to when will they might be released was not mentioned in the official site or any notification. They might be released soon.
Hope this helps you,
Good luck, thank you.
my cmat score 2022 is 210 can I get admission in pumba?
CMAT 2022 cut-off for PUMBA is anticipated to be 210 marks or 96 percentile for Maharashtra students and above 99.0 percentile for Outside Maharashtra students (OMS).
For OMS, the percentile is higher due to which all India cutoff rises For PUMBA. Last year it was 99.8+ Percentile.
Eligibility for MBA++
Graduate with a 50% score or more ( 45% for OBC and PwD) in the 10+2+3 scheme from any University.
I hope it helps.