CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips for General Awareness: Best Books, Strategy, Tips & Tricks
CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips for General Awareness: CMAT is one of those national level entrance exams that has equal weightage for GK section. The general awareness section is said to be most dreaded among the aspirants. But worry not, we have brought some amazing GK preparation tips for CMAT 2023 exam.
Latest Updates for CMAT
Stay up-to date with CMAT News
CMAT GK preparation must focus on covering topics on history, geography, current affairs – economic, business, awards, sports, corporate events, etc. Other topics related to entertainment, politics, and the environment are also asked. A vast CMAT GK preparation material is available in the market but in order to clear CMAT, it is necessary to refine that study material. Let us check some advanced CMAT 2023 preparation tips for the general awareness section.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023
Revised NTA CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Number of questions
Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
Analysis for GK from CMAT exam pattern
The conclusion that can be drawn from the above exam pattern is that the CMAT GK section has equal weightage like other sections in the exam paper with 25 questions and +4 marks awarded for every correct answer. This is dissimilar to IIFT and XAT, MAT exams which have different weightage for GK. Hence the GK section plays a significant role in enhancing your overall score in CMAT.
CMAT GK Section Past Years’ Trends
In order to prepare well for the CMAT 2023 GK section, candidates must be well familiar with the trends that have been followed over the past years. In CMAT 2020, out of the 25 questions, majority questions (24) came from Static Gk, while the rest from Current affairs (1). This implies you have to focus a lot on Static GK in CMAT. Check the GK section trends in CMAT over the past years.
CMAT GK Questions 2020, 2019, 2018
- MAT Preparation for Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability
- Best Books for MAT Preparation 2023: Reasoning, Mathematical, Data Analysis
Types of CMAT GK Questions
There are two types of general awareness questions asked in CMAT- static and current GK. Static GK broadly consists of areas that do not change over time. The static GK questions for CMAT may be asked from the following topics:
Companies and Brands
Indian Political System & Constitution
Science & Technology
For current affairs for CMAT, candidates can focus on the following topics:
Business & Corporate News
New Developments in Science & Technology
People in News
CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips for General Awareness
How to prepare GK for CMAT? To provide solutions to all your questions, we have compiled together a few CMAT GK preparation tips. Have a look at CMAT exam tips below for drawing a preparation strategy:
A cup of hot tea with a Newspaper
This is an age-old method which most of you may find to be adopted by your elder family members. The difference being today’s youth doesn’t use this method to brush up their knowledge. Newspapers like The Hindu, The Economist, etc. are some of the pronounced informative newspapers. The editorial section in this news not only widens your purview but also improves your vocabulary and verbal ability.
Solve quizzes daily for GK preparation
Who doesn't like to solve a quiz? Especially the enthusiastic ones will never miss on this. Infact it is one of the proven tactics by previous year toppers. You can solve GK Quiz on Famous Personalities of India and World, Indian Polity and Governance, GK Quiz on Chief Minister of the States, Parliamentary system in India, General Science, events during British India and many more. You can refer to books like Lucent’s GK, Manorama Year Book, etc.
Fan of Reading Offline? How about Monthly GK Magazines?
So there are people infact majority who do not want to strain their eyes by long exposure to laptop or mobile screens. So what is another way to become intelligent and all rounder without the internet? Well you cannot neglect the importance of the internet in today’s era. However, if you are a book reader and prefer reading things offline, you can opt to get a monthly subscription of GK magazines which are easily deliverable to your doorstep. The GK magazines are infact very helpful as they are sorted and printed in such a way. You can even highlight the pointers and refer to them during your revision phase. Bonus point- you don't have to make notes everytime!
Online alerts notifications
Well this is not a promotion platform but based on youth’s preference, there are various apps available which can notify you from time to time and every single minute about the current event happening. For example we have an inshorts app and other good applications in the market so that you do not have to waste time in reading the entire paper instead some 50 to 100 words that are enough for CMAT GK preparation.
Previous Years’ GK Papers, It’s a boon in disguise
Yes you read it right. Many of us do not prefer solving previous years’ CMAT question papers for the GK section considering it to be old and outdated. But do you realise the importance of having a look at them? The current GK of course is outdated but what about the static GK. Maybe you get lucky enough that one or two GK questions you get are from previous years. Furthermore you will get an idea of what type or what are the events on which exam conducting authorities focus on while setting GK questions.
CMAT GK Expected Questions
Candidates can check few of the general knowledge questions that are asked on the same lines in CMAT:
1. Bhavai’ is a traditional dance form of ______.
a) Punjab b) Maharashtra c) Bihar d) Rajasthan
2. The Peace Prize of the German Book Trade 2020 was won by _______ .
a) Surjit Bhalla b) Manmohan Singh c) Raghuram Rajan d) Amartya Sen
3. Indian Railways has targeted to become ‘Green Railway’ by _____
a) 2025 b) 2032 c) 2024 d) 2030 e) 2027...
4. When was the Dandi march undertaken?
a) 13 april,1919 b) 18 march,1919 c) 12 march,1930 d) 5 feb,1922
5. Who was the first transgender to receive Padma Shri award ?
a) Gita Mehta b) Saalumarada Thimmakka c) Narthaki Nataraj d) Shonali Nagrani
CMAT Exam Dates 2023- Check CMAT 2023 important dates related ...
CMAT Score Vs Percentile 2023: What is CMAT Score vs Percentil...
CMAT Selection procedure 2023- The selection procedure of CMAT...
Questions related to CMAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
how many seats are there in CMAT exam for st category... what is the minimum cut off for st category to get seat in ABM course
Colleges have a fixed number of seats in their courses for which they shortlist a fixed number of candidates. The cutoff is calculated based on the score of the lowest-ranking candidate shortlisted for the selection process. IIM A, B and C require around 99.9 +%ile for A.B,C for general category, around 95%ile for OBC and around 90% for SC/ST. ST category required 30 in verbal percentile rank and 40 overall percentile rank. Colleges follow the reservation criteria set by the Government of India. The reservation percentile for ST(Scheduled Tribe) category is 7.5%.The CMAT cut off for ST category in 2017 [70.01 (percentile)] and in 2016 [75.22 (percentile)].
MY CMAT 2022 SCORE is 125 can i get admission in MBA colleges in pune?
Looking at the previous year CMAT Cutoff for various MBA Colleges in PUNE, with 125 marks in CMAT, you have good chances to get admission in MBA Colleges in Pune. The previous year Cutoff for various MBA Colleges in Pune was as follows :
Balaji Institute of International Business (BIIB) Sri Balaji University Pune - 80 to 100
ISBM Pune - 80 to 100
Balaji Institute Of Modern Management (BIMM) Sri Balaji University Pune - 80 to 100.
Further, to know more about the CMAT cutoff for MBA colleges for previous years, you can follow the below mentioned link to know more : https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/cmat-cutoff
I hope that this will help.
scored 125 marks in CMAT 2022 so can i get admission in MBA colleges in pune and also what percentile comes under this much marks?
Based on your score, your percentile lies in the range of 51-60 percentile. If you belong to the general category then getting a good college at this percentile is not possible. It would be better if you prepare well and give the exams another shot. The final decision rests in your hands. All the best!
I got 38 percentile in cat and 88 percentile in cmat but i uploaded both for naarm and niamwill they consider best one or avg of two
Hope you are doing great as per the question asked by you, as you have secured more marks in C.M.A.T as compared to C.A.T that is 88 percentile. So your best of both will be considered at the time of admissions that is your C.M.A.T percentile will be considered in these cases average is not considered only best will be considered.
Hope you found this answer useful. Stay motivated stay positive.
All the best!