XAT 2018 Student Reactions

XAT Student ReactionsXAT 2018 Student Reactions - Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2018 was held on January 7, 2018, from 10 AM to 1.30 PM. XAT 2018 was conducted in 47 cities across the country and two international cities including Dubai and Kathmandu. Careers360 brings you XAT 2018 student reactions directly from the XAT exam centres. Few test centres from Gurgugram, Pune and Kolkata experience major technical snags resulting in the cancellation of the test. Although XAT authorities have assured rescheduling test of those centres, candidates shared their angst over social media. We bring to you the XAT 2018 student reactions of those unfortunate candidates as well.

XAT 2018 scores will be used by more than 150 management institutions for admission in varied management courses including Business Management, Human Resource Management, General Management Programme, etc.

XAT Pathfinder
Is your profile good for Top B-Schools?

Around 90,000 candidates appeared for XAT 2018. Candidates reacted on the difficulty level of the exam, types of questions and topics asked in each part of XAT entrance exam. They told Careers360 that overall they found QA & DI section of Part I difficult, while sections pertaining to Decision Making and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning were easy. Given below are post exam reactions of candidates who appeared in XAT 2018.

Important Links:

XAT 2018 Student Reactions

Aditi: I appeared for XAT 2018 for the very first time. Overall the exam was okay and I found the essay writing topic on ‘Ethical Practices and Sustainability- Do they coexist?’ very easy.

Saurabh: I found Part I section on QA very difficult, while DI was slightly easy. Although, I am expecting to get a good score in the section on Decision Making and VALR (Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning) which I found to be comparatively easy.

Ridhi: I found the questions on QA and DI a little time-consuming and difficult. On the other hand, Decision making didn’t take much time for me since my reading speed is fast. There were seven passages in Decision Making section. As a strategy, I saved time from Decision making and VALR, and used it to do the section on QA and DI. Overall, I would rate XAT 2018 to be from moderately difficult to difficult.

Arun: There were no technical glitches while giving the exam and everything was conducted very smoothly. I found XAT 2018 to be a moderately difficult exam.

Pramod: There was an increase in the number of questions in Part I from 72 to 74, but I didn’t find any difficulty in managing the time due to increase in number of questions.

Kalpana: I am confident that I will easily sail through Verbal Ability section. I found it extremely easy and interesting. Two poems and 17 passages were asked from VA, and one of the questions was from Game of Thrones (GOT) as well.

Abhishek: The questions from General Knowledge and Static GK were easy, provided one knows the answer. There were 10 questions related to Nobel prize and Olympics, while around 15 questions were asked from politics, the constitution of India, festivals of India, heads of businesses and other technical business terms.

In the meanwhile, candidates whose exam got cancelled or faced technical glitches had another side of the story to share.

Poushali: XAT 2018 was a mess. The exam started late and went down midway.

Vignesh: We were asked to deposit our bags at a paan-wala. Over 500 candidates were made to wait for their belongings for about 2 hours after completion of the exam.

Gairik: Thank you for the experience! I travelled 3.5hrs distance to witness a complete circus. Such disgusting behaviour with candidates and such irresponsible management is a punishable offence I reckon. Now god knows what is next.

Also Read

XAT 2018 Analysis and Expected Cutoff

XAT 2018 held on January 7 in 49 cities, live report from test centres

First Published On : 07 Jan 2018 03:15 PM IST

Related Articles

Suggested Reading: XAT

Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!

• 7142 Joined
  • 255 Questions

Anand Mardikar 5 hours ago

Anand Mardikar s picture
Anand Mardikar Last Seen: 5 hours 19 min agoJoined on: 18-Feb-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: In Graduation

I'm an average student can I crack xat in two year &getting admission in xlri jamshedpur HR

Answer (1)

User Pic

Akshay Kadam Expert 5 hours ago

Akshay Kadams picture
Akshay KadamLast Seen: 4 hours 26 min agoJoined on: 03-Sep-2017Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: Graduate & Above
Yes Anand definitely you can clear XAT exam irrespective of whether you are an average student or a smart one. 2 years are more than enough time to clear any MBA exam. Time taken by you for getting ...Read More

Uday Mahajan 5 days ago

Uday Mahajans picture
Uday MahajanLast Seen: 4 days 9 min agoJoined on: 12-Feb-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: Graduate & Above

Xat percentile 86.5 which college I may get

Answers (2)

User Pic

Manisha Gupta 5 days ago

Manisha Guptas picture
Manisha GuptaLast Seen: 10 sec agoJoined on: 08-Sep-2016Education Interest: MedicineEducation Level: Graduate & Above
According your score you can apply the colleges like XIM Jabalpur, BIMTECH Greater Noida, XIME Bangalore etc. You can also check your other chances with XAT Pathfinder Tool given below.https://bschool...Read More

User Pic

Kumar 6 days ago

Kumars picture
KumarLast Seen: 5 days 23 hours agoJoined on: 02-Feb-2014Education Interest: MBAEducation Level: Graduate & Above

May I know cut off in CAT, XAT, MAT for admission in NIA Pune?

Answers (3)

User Pic

Akshay Kadam Expert 4 days ago

Akshay Kadams picture
NIA Pune offers admission only on the basis of CAT and CMAT percentile. It's min. the cut-off for CAT is 60 percentile and 80 percentile for CMAT exam.This is only the min. cut-off bar it can vary wit...Read More

User Pic

Nigam Singh 8 days ago

Nigam Singhs picture
Nigam SinghLast Seen: 1 week 1 day agoJoined on: 10-Oct-2017Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: In Graduation

I want to take admission in Christ university Bangalore for MBA but I have not given any entrance like cat mat or xat.how to apply?

Answers (3)

Shivani sharmas picture
Shivani SharmaLast Seen: 1 day 6 hours agoJoined on: 08-Feb-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: Graduate & Above
Hi If you want to take admission so you have to be eligible According to the college you have to give entrance exam like CAT MAT XAT etc. After that you will be eligible for the college so you can als...Read More

Ranjit Ghosh 13 days ago

Ranjit Ghoshs picture
Ranjit GhoshLast Seen: 7 hours 37 min agoJoined on: 07-Mar-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: Graduate & Above

I am with 93.6 in CAT, 95.8 in XAT, 94.8% ICSE, 90.8% ISC, 8.89 CGPA B.tech 2.5 yrs work exp, Good GD-PI, my chance in IMT Ghaziabad

Answers (4)

Rahul Kumar 8 days ago

Rahul Kumars picture
Rahul KumarLast Seen: 1 hour 4 min agoJoined on: 01-Feb-2018Education Interest: EngineeringEducation Level: Graduate & Above

since you have good scores in entrance exams and also having sound academic record which put you up at a edge of getting admission to IMT Ghaziabad.  ALL THE BEST

Free Sample Papers

Previous Next
    XAT 2018 Question Paper & Answer Key
    Category : XAT
    XAT 2017 Question Paper and Answer Key
    Category : XAT
    XAT Past Years Question Papers and Answer Keys (2010-2012)
    Category : XAT
    XAT Past Years Question Papers and Answer Keys (2013-2014)
    Category : XAT
    XAT Past Years Question Papers and Answer Keys (2015-2016)
    Category : XAT