XAT 2018 Student Reactions

XAT Student ReactionsXAT 2018 Student Reactions - Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2018 was held on January 7, 2018, from 10 AM to 1.30 PM. XAT 2018 was conducted in 47 cities across the country and two international cities including Dubai and Kathmandu. Careers360 brings you XAT 2018 student reactions directly from the XAT exam centres. Few test centres from Gurgugram, Pune and Kolkata experience major technical snags resulting in the cancellation of the test. Although XAT authorities have assured rescheduling test of those centres, candidates shared their angst over social media. We bring to you the XAT 2018 student reactions of those unfortunate candidates as well.

XAT Pathfinder
Is your profile good for Top B-Schools?
Admissions Open Now
Great Lakes PGPM| 100% Placements| Avg. CTC 12.33 LPA| High. CTC 34.5 LPA

XAT 2018 scores will be used by more than 150 management institutions for admission in varied management courses including Business Management, Human Resource Management, General Management Programme, etc.

Around 90,000 candidates appeared for XAT 2018. Candidates reacted on the difficulty level of the exam, types of questions and topics asked in each part of XAT entrance exam. They told Careers360 that overall they found QA & DI section of Part I difficult, while sections pertaining to Decision Making and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning were easy. Given below are post exam reactions of candidates who appeared in XAT 2018.

Important Links:

XAT 2018 Student Reactions

Aditi: I appeared for XAT 2018 for the very first time. Overall the exam was okay and I found the essay writing topic on ‘Ethical Practices and Sustainability- Do they coexist?’ very easy.

Saurabh: I found Part I section on QA very difficult, while DI was slightly easy. Although, I am expecting to get a good score in the section on Decision Making and VALR (Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning) which I found to be comparatively easy.

Ridhi: I found the questions on QA and DI a little time-consuming and difficult. On the other hand, Decision making didn’t take much time for me since my reading speed is fast. There were seven passages in Decision Making section. As a strategy, I saved time from Decision making and VALR, and used it to do the section on QA and DI. Overall, I would rate XAT 2018 to be from moderately difficult to difficult.

Arun: There were no technical glitches while giving the exam and everything was conducted very smoothly. I found XAT 2018 to be a moderately difficult exam.

Pramod: There was an increase in the number of questions in Part I from 72 to 74, but I didn’t find any difficulty in managing the time due to increase in number of questions.

Kalpana: I am confident that I will easily sail through Verbal Ability section. I found it extremely easy and interesting. Two poems and 17 passages were asked from VA, and one of the questions was from Game of Thrones (GOT) as well.

Abhishek: The questions from General Knowledge and Static GK were easy, provided one knows the answer. There were 10 questions related to Nobel prize and Olympics, while around 15 questions were asked from politics, the constitution of India, festivals of India, heads of businesses and other technical business terms.

In the meanwhile, candidates whose exam got cancelled or faced technical glitches had another side of the story to share.

Poushali: XAT 2018 was a mess. The exam started late and went down midway.

Vignesh: We were asked to deposit our bags at a paan-wala. Over 500 candidates were made to wait for their belongings for about 2 hours after completion of the exam.

Gairik: Thank you for the experience! I travelled 3.5hrs distance to witness a complete circus. Such disgusting behaviour with candidates and such irresponsible management is a punishable offence I reckon. Now god knows what is next.

Also Read