The XAT 2018 application process has started from August 16 will continue till November 30, 2017. If you are planning to take the exam, you must complete the application process successfully by filling up the mandatory details, uploading photograph and signature and paying the application fee. This step by step guide of XAT application form by Careers360 will guide you through the entire process and support you in successfully submitting the application form.
As per the official notification of XAT 2018 by XLRI Jamshedpur, the exam is scheduled on Sunday, January 7, 2018, from 10 am to 1.35 pm. If a student aspires to appear in XAT, s/he must fill the application form completely and submit the same along with the fee. Below given steps will guide students to complete the process completely.
XAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
According to the XAT eligibility criteria, the candidates should be graduates in any discipline from a recognised institute or university. Final year candidates can also apply for the test. However, NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2018).
Let us start with the How to fill XAT application form.
Step 1 - Registration
If you are a first time user, you need to register yourself by entering your basic details such as name, parents' name and communication details. Your XAT ID and password will be sent to you via SMS and email at the mobile number and email address provided at the XAT registration form. You need to login and continue filling up the application form.
Step 2 – Fill up Application Form
The online application form is divided into five parts given as below:
Upload Photo & Signature
Basic and Personal
Education and Professional
Upload Photo & Signature
The first step is to upload photograph and signature. While uploading the files, follow the given instructions.
- The photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye". If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- The size of the file should be between 20kb-50kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The Signature will be used to put on the ADMIT CARD and wherever necessary.
- The Applicant’s signature obtained on the ADMIT CARD and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
- The size of the file should be between 10kb —20kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
Selection of XLRI Programmes
The next step in this level is to apply for XLRI programmes from Business Management, Human Resource Management, General Management and Global Business Management. The application fee for each programme is Rs. 300 which you have to pay alongside the XAT 2018 application fee of Rs. 1650. However, if you are not interested in applying for XLRI, you can skip the step and directly mode to the next section.
Selecting Test City
You have to select one city out of total 47 Indian and two international cities where XAT 2018 will be conducted.
In this part, you will need to fill up your personal details such as date of birth, gender, marital status, parents' name and address.
This section is for your contact details. You have to enter your current address which is valid along with your permanent address.
Educational and Professional Qualification
In this section, your educational records of Class 10th, Class 12th, Graduation and Post-Graduation stages have to be provided. You have to enter the details like institute name, Board/University, Year of Starting and Passing, Percentage and Stream/Subjects studied.
For the professional details, you have to enter the name of the employer, designation, service duration and reason for leaving previous organisation (if applicable).
There are three modes of payment, Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking under Online mode of payment.
For Offline payment, there are two modes, Cash and Demand Draft.
1. The candidates are required to download the Challan Form and visit nearest IDBI Bank and make the payment.
2. The Bank Shall retain Bank’s Copy and return Candidate’s Copy of the challan to the candidate.
1. Please make a DD made from any bank in favour of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR” payable at JAMSHEDPUR.
2. After making Demand Draft applicant need to visit XAT login page and update the DD details (DD Number, Date and Bank Name).
After that, read the Declaration and click on the 'I Agree' check box. Unless you click on the check box, you would not be able to move further. This is the last step of filling the application form.
Once you complete the payment procedure, you will receive confirmation from XLRI Jamshedpur through email. XAT admit card will be available for download from December 20, 2017.
Stay tuned to www.bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates on XAT
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App!
Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.