MBA after MBBS: Top Institutes, Eligibility Jobs, Scope, Salary
MBA after MBBS: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, more popularly known as MBBS is a five and half year degree course. Of these 5.5 years, the last half-year is typically an internship that a budding doctor does at a hospital. With a combination of physiology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, and anatomy, MBSS is a study of the human body and its appropriate properties and attributes. The MBBS graduate is the first-level physician we go to whenever we perceive an ailment within ourselves.
Latest Updates for CAT
Stay up-to date with CAT News
More than 500 colleges offer MBBS in India. To get into an MBBS college, the aspiring student is expected to write and get the required cutoff marks in the test conducted nationwide viz., NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). To qualify for admission into any of these colleges, one must receive at least a 50 percentile (rank) in NEET. However, to get into the top Medical schools such as the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and other top Medical schools, one has to get a percentile of more than 99! The graduates become who we call doctors!
MBA Admission Open Now:
Scope After MBBS
For a developing country like India, and with the ongoing pandemic, the requirement for doctors has just grown. In the last three decades, with the population growing manifold, the need for doctors has increased. WHO suggested that the ratio of doctor to population be 1:1000. Although India has managed to reach the given ratio, diversity of doctors profession-wise and demography-wise is much needed.
When it comes to opportunities, as clearly mentioned above, there are plenty. Doctors are needed at every nook and corner of India to ensure the health quality is maintained and sustained. As per a recent report during the onset of COVID-19, India needs 6,00,000 doctors more to just balance the requirement during such pandemic times. Also, almost 52% of allopathy doctors are still operating from cities due to the lack of facilities in rural areas.
The scope of MBBS is present throughout the Indian peninsula. The in-demand doctors are as follows:-
In recent times, the need for doctors such as dentists, dermatologists, and even Trichologists has been growing. To put it in simple words, doctors of every specialization are in demand.
CAT After MBBS
One might think that after 5.5 years of study in medicine, why would anyone abandon this stream of study and take up management? A doctor might even think that she is ineligible to sit for post-graduate exams such as CAT. To answer such queries, if a doctor wants to grow in the management side of healthcare, she definitely has the opportunity to do so by taking up a post-graduation in Management. And yes, doctors are eligible to sit for a competitive exam such as CAT. And many students write the CAT exam to get into the coveted IIMs and pursue management education.
The eligibility criteria for MBA is simple for MBBS students:-
Depending on the MBA college that one is applying to, one must have either 50% aggregate marks in total or a good pass in all subjects.
The student must be a graduate from colleges under the recognition of the Medical Council of India (MCI) or the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Get through CAT with an acceptable percentile score.
What does a doctor gain after MBA? This question can be answered by the following benefits:-
Provide an edge for the graduate during other post-graduate courses after MBBS.
Explore entrepreneurial options such as hospital management, private practice options turned as a business
Some may even reach out to the rural needy as a doctor and an investor for facilities.
By stepping into the business world, a doctor may be able to develop marketing skills and learn to spread awareness about the dire need for doctors in remote areas in India.
Grow as a doctor and as a corporate asset in India.
May not have to face the brunt of tough competition for post-graduate courses after MBBS.
Browse Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise
Preparation for an aptitude test such as CAT should not take long for a doctor. In addition, cracking the exam to get into the top IIMs is also possible!
Other MBA Entrance Exams that you can apply for
IIM after MBBS
There are 20 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in India currently. Each of which trains their students to be the best in their respective fields. By inculcating the knowledge of business, finance, marketing, operations, and much more, the student comes out as an independent and already established professional.
The alumni network of the IIMs can help one establish the budding doctor-manager to also be an entrepreneur. The doctor can put to use the skills learned during their MBA course in the IIMs to establish credibility and a firm establishment. Completing an MBA from the IIMs only increases career prospects and or even career growth.
Doctors can increase their outreach towards needy patients by using their marketing, operations, and business skills. This increases their career growth in the field in which they excel and practice. The doctor can also shift their career entirely from their specialization as well if they are unable to find suitable jobs. Having an MBA degree will open doors which not only improve their existing career but will improve aspects of parallel careers alongside their medical practice.
Know more about;
When MBBS bug bit an MBA
Dr. Peeyosh Maharana, a graduate of Gandhi Medical College and IIM Udaipur is a perfect example of an MBA after MBBS. He has achieved his dream of involving himself in the health sector of the Indian economy. With his specialization as a doctor and as an entrepreneur, he successfully is making his contributions towards the health of the Indian population.
Salary after MBBS
For a fresh graduate, a doctor may receive around Rs 20,000 - Rs 40,000 per month during the preliminary years of medical practice. Once the doctor gains more hands-on experience, they may end up receiving handsome pay between Rs 9 lakhs - Rs 11 lakhs per annum. As the practical experience of a doctor increases, so does her demand and her salary.
With an MBA, not only does the experience grow, but the salary also does manifold. In the hospital management hierarchy of work, an MBBS graduate with an MBA degree can earn between Rs 70,000 - Rs 2.5 lakhs per month! To add to that, the doctor can start her own hospital or a private healthcare firm as well.
Being a doctor need not limit one to only medical practice. With an MBA, a doctor can explore management and business options along with their practice.
Other Top MBA Entrance Exams
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
CAT previous year’s question papers with Solutions - Candidate...
Top MBA Colleges 60 Percentile in CAT 2022 - Find here a List ...
Top Colleges In India Accepting CAT Score - Candidates can che...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you
i have ycmou digree in b.com can do cat exam ...
Yes, definitely! The only criterion for the Common Admission Test or CAT is that you should be a graduate, and since you have completed your Bachelor of Commerce or BCom, then you are fully eligible to appear for the same. However, it is a totally different matter that when you dive deep into it, you will find that they have other requirements like marks in graduation, Xth, XIIth and so on.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!