What After CAT 2022? Shift Focus on MBA Admission
What after CAT 2022? Shift Focus on MBA Admission - The road to make to your dream institute does not merely end after you have appeared in the Common Admission Test? After the CAT exam, the first question that comes to mind is “what after CAT 2022” and the answer is to “shift focus on MBA admission.”
Stay up-to date with CAT News
The admission to the B-schools does not merely end once you have appeared for the CAT exam or have even qualified for the same. Now you need to start preparing for the next stage of the selection process which includes preparation for group discussion and interview. Moreover one needs to also commence their preparation for the written ability test. Also, candidates must not focus on merely CAT exam and also prepare for other top MBA entrance exams. In order to assist the students to prepare their course of action. Careers360 brings to you vital tips given by the experts and those who have made their way to the IIMs. Read the full article that is given below to know what are the areas where the candidates should focus after CAT 2022.
What after CAT 2022? Shift Focus on MBA Admission
After giving CAT 2022, CAT candidates must shift their focus on MBA admission without fearing the CAT 2022 result. Whatever the result may be, students must be focused on upcoming events. Students must follow the tips mentioned below right after giving the examination.
Prepare for GD-PI
Once you are done with the CAT exam, just take a break for a day or two. After the release of the CAT 2022 answer key, one would be able to assess what are their chances of making their way to the next round of selection. Accordingly, start preparing for the group discussion and personal interview for the IIMs. Candidates must prepare current topics for group discussion. They must remember that what they speak must be to the point and should avoid beating about the bush. It is essential that the candidates know about the latest social, political, and economic activity that is taking place at the national as well as international level and be well versed with it.
Here are some topics for Group Discussion (GD) round.
- Social media
- Quota system
- Reservation in India
Effective Communication Holds the key in GD-PI
Candidates who meet the requisite CAT 2022 cutoff for the respective IIM, they will be called for group discussion and personal interview. Such candidates must work on their communication skills. There must be clarity of thought while expressing one’s view. At the same time, one is expected to be coherent at the time of the group discussion. Moreover, one needs to be assertive rather than aggressive in group discussions. During the course of the interview also needs to be very clear while answering the questions. Remember those who are interviewing you, they are more experienced than you are and any false information will simply backfire and might go against you.
Ankit Desai who made his way to IIM Ahmedabad shares his views on how he prepared for GD-PI by stating, “I had talked to a few seniors who were in these IIMs to get an idea of their preparation. My preparation was more about self-introspection and critically analyzing my strengths, weaknesses, and interests. I also brushed up a few technical subjects and read the headlines for the days.”
Prepare for the Written Ability Test
The written ability test or the academic written test is part of the IIM selection process along with the group discussion and the personal interview. Those who are writing the test must keep in mind that they have to express their views in a concise and coherent manner and also try to substantiate them with data if required. Before one proceeds to pen their thoughts, it will be better than they plan it either mentally or on a rough paper if provided by the authorities their thoughts. They should be clear about what they would mention in the intro para, body, and conclusion. The essay should be such that if you asked a question in the personal interview for expressing your views, then you must be very clear about it as to why you put across a particular point. Ensure that you write in simple language and not in flowery language. Be positive in your writing as a negative approach might not go down very well with the panel.
Besides reading newspapers for competitive exams, methodical reading is important even after the examination for admission and recruitment purposes. While students appear for GD rounds of B-schools, the topics for GD are mostly based on current events. CAT topper Sanjana Rout shares some of the topics of GD/WAT that were based on current events:
IIM Bangalore: Is deep discounting by e-commerce companies beneficial or harmful?
IIM Ahmedabad: There was a paragraph about the change in sports/games culture in schools and how it impacts students. We had to agree/disagree with the argument and provide our opinion
IIM Lucknow: Family businesses are doing much better than other businesses in India
IIM Kozhikode: Revocation of Article 370 from the Indian Constitution
XLRI: Hierarchy in society is essential for optimal social well-being outcomes
MDI: Ease of Doing Business in India
IIFT: Clean air is a luxury in metro cities (WAT)
Nepotism prevails over talent (GD)
Hence, reading newspapers becomes essential to stay updated with the events. Reading newspapers should become your daily morning routine. Some of the newspapers that one can go through are:
The Economic Times
Times of India
The Indian Express
Apart from newspapers, students can also opt for various mobile applications that help you read the latest news on the go.
Attend workshops and webinars
Students, after appearing for CAT 2022, can also take part in workshops and webinars conducted by various coaching institutions as they provide vital tips for group discussion and personal interviews. One should not be overconfident about their skills, students must seek professional guidance with the help of webinars. The professionals from various top institutes help you to know how one should answer different kind of questions. In case they do not know the answer to a particular question then how should they respond, how they should conduct themselves in the interview room etc.
Have a backup plan - Prepare for other top MBA entrance exams
If you feel you have performed very well in CAT 2022, then do not lose hope. There are other top national entrance examinations for which one can appear and ace through for admission to top B-schools. Refer to the table below to know the other national-level management entrance exams after CAT 2022.
Upcoming MBA entrance exams
Get some ray
Amid your preparation for selection rounds, don’t forget to give yourself some refreshments right after finishing the CAT 2022 exam. Students must not dive into rigorous preparation. Get some rays by pursuing your hobbies and refreshing yourself. Pursuing your hobbies will help you keep active and doesn’t make you restless. You can watch movies, catch up on your sleep or meet your friends because it will be difficult to have all these on your card once you get into good B-schools.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - What After CAT 2022? Shift Focus on MBA Admission
Question: What to do after qualifying CAT?
After qualifying the CAT 2022, candidates shall look into the IIMs cut-off and paper for further rounds accordingly.
Question: What is the process after getting CAT score?
After getting CAT score, candidates will have to wait for CAT 2022 cut off. IIMs will start releasing their individual cutoff for admission. To be shortlisted by an IIM, candidates will have to clear the cutoff of the respective IIM.
Question: Which MBA entrance exam is best after CAT?
MBA entrance exams such as XAT, SNAP, and others are the best entrance exams for MBA after CAT.
Question: Is MBA free after CAT?
No, MBA is not free after CAT. All the top B-schools of the nation have the requirement of fee payment to enroll in an MBA programme.
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
CAT previous year’s question papers with Solutions - Candidate...
Top MBA Colleges 60 Percentile in CAT 2022 - Find here a List ...
Top Colleges In India Accepting CAT Score - Candidates can che...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you
Hello , i have completed btech but i have 3 supply and if i manage to complete all by next year & if the results are not published by the time pg entrance notification is out , can i apply for pg ? also write exam SSC CGL ?
Firstly you need to clear all your three supply, there are many universities which does offer admission provisionally as final year candidates too are eligible to apply, so you have to check out the exact details by visiting the official website, coming to SSC CGL you need to attain the required educational qualifications by the specific date as mentioned in the official notification, and unless you clear the supply, you won't be able to apply for the same,
When it comes to job profiles of SSC CGL, there are only three posts which have specific criteria pertaining to it which are as follows;
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer : essential qualification is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, desirable qualification is ca/cma/cs/mcom/mba(finance),masters in business economics and masters in business studies
Junior Statistical Officer : Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 60% marks in maths at 10+2 level or graduation in any subject with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Statistical Investigator Grade II ; Bachelor's degree in any discipline with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Assistant in NCLAT ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law from a recognized university,
Research Assistant in NHRC ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law/human rights from a recognized university, a minimum of one year research experience from a recognized university is required.
Other than aforementioned posts, others only have eligibility criteria of passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.