What after an MBA in Finance: Career, Scope, Salary and Jobs
What after an MBA in Finance - An MBA in Finance is arguably one of the most popular specializations chosen. It is opted for by most students pursuing an MBA - primarily because of its enticing career prospects. An MBA in Finance promises paying jobs that present opportunities to grow exponentially. It equips graduates with an amalgamation of both managerial and financial experience. So what are the job opportunities after an MBA in Finance? This article aims to expand on the opportunities and the necessary skills required to pursue those careers.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Resource Links for Online MBA
What are the career options after an MBA in Finance?
Money management is at the core of the career options after an MBA in Finance. Pursuing a finance specialization from a renowned business school opens the door to exciting career prospects. To list a few:
Investment Banking - A trendy career path among MBA graduates. Only an MBA can give you the required skill set and the business acumen to take on this job. Investment bankers are involved in mergers & acquisitions, restructuring of companies, raising capital through issuing securities, trading and engaging in strategic advisory for large corporations.
Known for being financially rewarding - investment banking requires a unique mixture of technical and soft skills to excel. It allows you to network with big players in the industry and helps to ease the transition to a different career if need be. It can be a taxing job - but handsomely rewarding in the long run.
Ebooks to read:
Private Equity - Another career requiring an excellent business acumen with a keen interest in investing. Private Equity companies acquire private companies and aim to increase their value over time to sell the company for a healthy profit finally. Financial modeling, knowledge of specific industries, and business expertise are a few essential skills.
Generally, people who break into PE have accumulated some experience in finance and a strong core skill set in financial modeling. The ability to identify investment opportunities is crucial. It can, however, be challenging to get into right after an MBA as firms look for prior PE experience/ core finance experience.
Management Consulting - A career most business school students aspire to pursue. Although an MBA isn’t a necessary prerequisite to landing in consulting - it could certainly make it easier to break in and climb the ladder quicker. Problem-solving for organizations - to improve business performance is at the core of consulting while undoubtedly requiring skills like leadership, corporate strategy and good communication.
Knowing the right people can certainly help land interviews with top firms for consulting jobs. Management consulting can help you master a mixture of technical and soft skills, a skill set that can prove to be mighty helpful to advance in your career.
Corporate Finance - Corporate finance is all about optimum usage of a company’s financial resources. It can involve raising capital, managing cash resources, capital structuring, decisions on dividend payouts, and making crucial investment decisions.
Knowledge of accounting and financial analysis is crucial. Certifications like the CFA can give the extra edge one needs to make it big. Known to be a stable career, corporate finance attracts a chunk of MBA graduates.
Entrepreneurship - Upon acquiring fundamental management knowledge with core financial skills - many MBA graduates fancy building their own business. An MBA gives them the skills required to give shape to their innovative ideas. An MBA in finance additionally equips them to deal with finances themselves. This is a deadly combination of skill sets to cut costs at the early stages of a venture - hence working out perfectly for graduates choosing this path.
Equity Research- A job involving tons of research on the overall market, individual businesses, and writing reports. Strong financial analysis skills while abreast with the latest market news are the necessary skills to pursue this career. Progressing in this career can lead to managing one’s own portfolio/fund. Analytical skills to thoroughly understand a firm from its numbers are at the core of this job.
Corporate Banking - A super-set of investment banking - involves selling banking products to firms. Mergers, Risk management, and Liquidity management are some of the products. The opportunities here are immense - one could build a financial product or work on the front end as a relationship manager and sell these products to corporations.
Commercial awareness is key to cracking the growth ladder in this career.
Browse Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise
What are the jobs you can get into right after an MBA in Finance?
Some of the entry-level job roles are:
Other MBA Entrance Exams that you can apply for:
Top talent at the best business schools get into large corporations and get paid handsomely. A few of the recruiters at these B-schools are:
Bain & Company
An MBA in Finance propels your career in terms of both - opportunities and compensation. The pay after graduation forms a massive reason for it to be the most popular specialization. The average salary after an MBA in Finance is close to 7 lakh per annum. An MBA in Finance from a top business school sees an average package of upwards of 20 lakh per annum at starting roles. The future after a finance specialization is undoubtedly extremely rewarding. Investment Bankers are paid the most among the careers mentioned above.
An MBA in Finance offers you the best of both worlds - a job that pays well combined with stability. The skillset that an MBA gives warrants the high pay, and the demand for people with the financial knowledge to keep companies running provides stability. Combine this with relevant experience - and the compensation packages skyrocket. As an added benefit, an MBA in Finance can help you manage your funds and secure your financial future as well.
Developing a solid network and connections in the world of finance will help increase your opportunities and grow quicker. An MBA in Finance puts you on the radar of big corporations and thrusts your career to the next level.
Get full details on CAT exam analysis for slot 1, slot 2, and ...
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body will release the...
How to Calculate CAT Percentile 2022 - Get to know the method ...
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
Questions related to CAT
gjgvhj bobbo ikb oob o oh ik kb be i kbyfhvvigivjj vhogivig
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you