Job Opportunities after MBA in India - Career, Scope and Salary
Job Opportunities after MBA in India - Many of you pursuing think about the type of job profile and opportunities they will get after completion of MBA. Job opportunities after MBA in India are quite wide and candidates can get options to pick the right one from the available options.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
At the time of pursuing an MBA specialization, candidates usually think about the job opportunities, nature of work, career scope after MBA, job roles, MBA skills required, and responsibilities. Some of the MBA aspirants think about high-paying jobs and some of them choose their interests. It is a must to analyze the MBA job opportunities before locking a one.
Ongoing MBA Admission 2021
Why to do MBA?
Before pursuing an MBA degree, candidates should know why it is needed and what are the advantages, and how it will help to grow their career. Here are some reasons to do pursue an MBA degree.
At present, students prefer to pursue an MBA degree to acquire the necessary skills to get a good job in the corporate section/ start a business/ start-up or skills required to become an entrepreneur.
Those who have started their career and want to shift it in a better direction can pursue MBA.
An MBA degree will give a good start to a career and leads to a wide score for better development.
MBA graduates have the capability to build their network in the market.
MBA also gives scope for innovative outlook and brand value.
MBA degree enhances professional as well as personal growth.
Browse Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise
Scope after MBA in India
MBA is a specialization course that trains a student in the art of management and business organization. It is rightly said that a candidate can increase their job opportunities and scope after completing MBA. An MBA degree helps the beginner to kickstart their career and also helps in cultivating skills that will be needed throughout the career.
Those candidates who are thinking about the scope after MBA in India, then for them the MBA degree has a plethora of opportunities to choose from, all of which are good in demand with a reputed job profile. If we talk about earning potential for the job after MBA in India, the average income is Rs 3 to 15 lakh per annum.
Top 10 jobs after MBA in India
Check out the top 10 in-demand job profiles in India after completion of an MBA degree.
Marketing Manager - With an MBA in marketing degree, candidates can apply and become a marketing manager in a company or section that deals in selling products or provide services. Their main responsibility is to manage the marketing department and work on products & services to increase sales.
HR Manager - At present, whether a company is mid-size or large in terms of employees, the HR department is a must for the smooth functioning of the company. HR department ensures the right employee is hired in that particular firm and the existing employees are happy.
Sales Manager - Sales is one of the most important aspects of most businesses, having a sales manager is very important for a company for the growth of the company and increase sales. They are responsible to run the sales department.
Business Analyst - A business analyst of a company makes use of data analytics to provide insights into the past, present, and future of a business. They are behind the important decisions for a firm. At present, not many companies hire business analysts by soon it will be one of the most important professions.
Finance Advisor- In order to apply for this profile, candidates need to do MBA in finance and should have a few years of working experience in the finance industry. As a finance advisor, they will have to provide capital management and investment advice.
Business Development Manager - Their main aim is to develop and grow the business through various tactics. They work along with the sales and marketing team to make profitable collaborations.
Investment Banker - They help companies to raise large amounts of capital. They are usually financial who help companies to expand their business. In the MBA job sector, Investment bankers are the most paid professionals.
Business Consultant - They provide consultation services on all matters related to business. Candidates can become eligible for a Business Consultant profile after completion of an MBA.
Project Manager - They are in charge of a certain project of a company. They have to manage all the people involved in a particular project. They are responsible to plan and execute the project.
Chief Technology Officer - At present, having a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for a business is an integral part. Their main aim is to take care of the technical aspects of the business. In order to secure this profile, one needs to have a good eye on technology.
Average salary based on the job profile
After completion of an MBA, it has been observed that the earning potential is good for each profession. Still, have a look at these figures which will inspire a candidate to pursue MBA as a career.
Senior Business Analyst- 9.6 lakh
Marketing Manager- 8.4 lakh
HR Manager- 7.2 lakh
Operations Manager- 7.6 lakh
Financial Analyst- 4.6 lakh
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
|UPES Dehradun||LPU Jalandhar|
|SRM University Chennai||GD Goenka University, Gurgaon|
|Chandigarh University||BML Munjal University, Gurgaon|
|Manipal University (MAHE)||Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida|
|IPE Hyderabad||IFIM Business School|
Top cities of India offer Lucrativing jobs to MBA graduates
Those candidates who are considering pursuing an MBA, then they should check the list of cities that offer the best jobs and salary packages. By knowing this candidates can aim to move to that city to pursue MBA and get a job.
Demographics of salaries and gender ratio of MBA graduates
At present, the MBA sector is dominated by men with 75+ percent.
Women also occupy 25+ percent of the industry, but the number is increasing significantly.
Male MBA graduate’s average salary ranges from 2.8 lakh to 20 lakh.
However, female MBA graduates make a salary range of 2.2 lakh to 20 lakh.
|MBA Colleges in India Accepting MAT 2021||MBA Colleges in India Accepting CAT 2021|
|MBA Colleges in India Accepting CMAT 2021||MBA Colleges in India Accepting XAT 2021|
CAT 2023 is conducted by iimcat for MBA Entrance exam for MBA ...
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria 2023-25: IIMA has released th...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!