Your browser does not support iframes.
After the declaration of CAT 2014 notification on Sunday, July 27, 2014, IIM Ahmedabad has declared the admission criteria for PGP 2015-17 batch. According to the admission criteria, IIM Ahmedabad there are 3 steps of admission which include Preliminary Screening, Screening for Academic Writing Test (AWT) & Personal Interview (PI) and final selection.
Latest: Know Your Chances, Eligibility & Required Cut-offs for getting Calls from IIMs & other Top MBA Colleges through CAT 2019 - CAT Pathfinder - IIM & Non-IIM MBA Call Predictor
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW
IIM Ahmdabad Cutoff
CAT Admit Card 2018
CAT Result 2018
CAT Cutoff 2018
This article will describe the details of the selection process of PGP 2015-17 for each stage.
Click here to Enroll All India MBA Target 360 Pack for CAT 2014 preparation, College selection & All updates.
Know Your Calling Chances from IIMs & other Top MBA Colleges, Eligibility & Cut-offs
The preliminary screening will take place on the basis of the CAT 2014 cutoff for IIM Ahmedabad and Application Rating Score. The following table will share with you the CAT 2014 cutoff and the scores for various category of candidates.
Verbal percentile rank
Quant percentile rank
Total percentile rank
Application Rating Score
For computation of Application Rating scores will be based on ‘A’ and ‘B’ and ‘C’ which are the based on her/his percentage of marks obtained in 10th standard, 12th standard and bachelor’s degree examinations respectively.
Percent score in 10th Std. Exam
Rating Score A
Percent Score in 12th Standard Exam
Rating Score B
Percent Score in Bachelor’s Degree
Rating Score C
> 55 and <= 60
> 60 and <= 70
> 70 and <= 80
> 80 and <= 90
Formula to calculate Application Rating Score
Application Rating Score: AR=0.5*A+1.5*B+2.5*C
Maximum Score for AR = 45
IIM Ahmedabad declares notes about the marks obtained to clear caveats on the scoring process of AR:
1. Percentages of marks of a candidate in final year of graduation will be computed based on her/his available marks or the previous year’s final marks.
2. For a candidate having cleared CA/ICWAI/CS without having a bachelor’s degree, the average of intermediate and final examinations’ percentages of marks obtained would be treated as bachelor’s degree marks.
3. For computing AR score of a candidate, scores in all subjects that appear in the mark sheet of 10th and 12th Std. board exams will be considered irrespective of whether the board/university considers them for calculating the percentage.
4. For bachelor’s degree, the percentage of marks awarded by the institute/university will be considered final. If the institute/university does not give the percentage of marks, it will be calculated on the basis of the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet.
5. If the percentage of marks awarded by the institute/university does not consider marks obtained in all the subjects as mentioned in the mark sheet for all the years, the candidates must produce a certificate from the institute authority certifying details of the practice at the time of the interview, if shortlisted for the same.
6. If any board/institute/university awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate has to obtain a certificate from the authorities specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT application form. The original equivalence certificate needs to be submitted at the time of interview, if shortlisted for the same.
7. For candidates having a 5-year integrated master's degree, percentage of marks obtained in the first 3 years will be considered as bachelor’s degree percentage. For candidates in the final year of 5 year integrated master's degree, the marks obtained in the first 3 years will be considered as bachelor’s degree ‘Not Completed’ percentage.
Screening for Academic Writing Test (AWT) & Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates will be shortlisted to appear for the Academic Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview rounds on the basis of the CAT 2014 cutoff and AR scores as mentioned in the above tables. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the CAT 2014 percentile and AR for General and reserved category candidates separately. Top 50 candidates or 1% of the number of applicants of IIM Ahmedabad, whichever is less will be shortlisted for AWT and PI rounds.
The final selection list will be computed on the basis of Composite Score which will be calculated after the AWT & PI rounds. Regarding the process of computing the Composite Score, IIM Ahmedabad mentions, “First, CAT, AWT and PI scores of a candidate are normalized by dividing it with the corresponding maximum possible score that could be obtained.”
The formula through which CS would be computed is as follows:
CS = 0.50 (Normalized PI Score) + 0.10 (Normalized AWT Score) + 0.40 (Normalized CAT Total Score).
Compared to the admission criteria of last year, there is not much change in terms of the CAT cutoff or any other aspect. There is no mention about the Diversity factor in the IIM Ahmedabad admission criteria for PGP 2015-17.
IIM Bangalore PGP 2015-17 Admission Criteria
IIM Calcutta 2015-17 Admission Criteria
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Kozhikode PGP Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Shillong Admission Policy 2015-17
IIM Ranchi PGDM and PGDHRM Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Rohtak PGP Admission Policy 2015-17
IIM Trichy PGP Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Udaipur PGP Admission Policy 2015-17
IIM Kashipur PGP Admission Policy 2015-17
CAT Admit Card 2020 - IM Kozhikode has released CAT 2020 admit card in last week of October. Cand...
CAT 2020 - Get all details of CAT 2020 such as notification, exam date, registration, eligibility...
CAT Question Papers 2020 (PDF) wih Solutions - Candidates can download the previous year’s questi...
Group Discussion For MBA - Know about the importance of GD, areas which are focused on GD, GD top...
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 - IIM, the conducting body will prescribe the eligibility criteria ...
Although both the exams are for getting into Bschools in India for post graduation but there is a huge difference between the two:
IIM Indore is one such B-school which values your previous academic marks a lot. Your graduation marks matter too. And the stream from which you graduated. You have a good score in class 12th but an average one in class 10th. See it is just not your acads but your work-ex if any, your extracurriculars matter too.
You'll still need a percentile somewhat above 98+ if you are a student of Commerce background. Being from tech. background furthermore makes it difficult for one to get in.
You can visit the following link for more info-
You can reach out to us for more information regarding admissions entrance tests etc.
Hope it helps.
see it is not mandatory to have work experience to join 2 year mba program in sp jain, however if you opt for executive mba then work experience is necessary.
sp jain offers mba courses on Marketing, Operations, Information Management & Finance.
sp jain selection criteria is two types 1> profile based, 2> profile cum score based.
as per previous years cutoff cat overall percentile was 85. with 75 percentile cutoff in sectional. sp jain observes candidates based on their academic score, extracurricular activities, achievements and relevant work experience.
It basically depends upon from college to college and the criteria for short listing. But if you wish to make it to the top colleges of CAT it is advised to score very high percentage of marks in your class x and class xii.
Every year the percentage needed for shortlistment is changed by the college.
The overall shortlistment depends upon your performance in class x and xii , your grades in college , extra curricular activities and your work experience.
All the Best !!!?
I have mentioned the previous years cutoff of civil engineering for iit guwahati below in various stream for general category,
StructuralEngineering CE 713
Geotechnical Engineering CE 627
Transportation Systems Engineering CE 639
Water Resources Engineering CE 590
Infrastructure Engineering and Management CE 627
so you have less chances for iit guwahati.
You may use careers360 college predictor tool to know your predictable colleges
Your CAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile