Your browser does not support iframes.
After the declaration of CAT 2014 notification on Sunday, July 27, 2014, IIM Ahmedabad has declared the admission criteria for PGP 2015-17 batch. According to the admission criteria, IIM Ahmedabad there are 3 steps of admission which include Preliminary Screening, Screening for Academic Writing Test (AWT) & Personal Interview (PI) and final selection.
Latest:Predict your overall percentile now by using CAT 2019 Percentile Predictor tool before the declaration of actual result. Start Now
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW
IIM Ahmdabad Cutoff
CAT Admit Card 2018
CAT Result 2018
CAT Cutoff 2018
This article will describe the details of the selection process of PGP 2015-17 for each stage.
Click here to Enroll All India MBA Target 360 Pack for CAT 2014 preparation, College selection & All updates.
Predict your overall percentile now by using CAT 2019 Percentile Predictor tool
The preliminary screening will take place on the basis of the CAT 2014 cutoff for IIM Ahmedabad and Application Rating Score. The following table will share with you the CAT 2014 cutoff and the scores for various category of candidates.
Verbal percentile rank
Quant percentile rank
Total percentile rank
Application Rating Score
For computation of Application Rating scores will be based on ‘A’ and ‘B’ and ‘C’ which are the based on her/his percentage of marks obtained in 10th standard, 12th standard and bachelor’s degree examinations respectively.
Percent score in 10th Std. Exam
Rating Score A
Percent Score in 12th Standard Exam
Rating Score B
Percent Score in Bachelor’s Degree
Rating Score C
> 55 and <= 60
> 60 and <= 70
> 70 and <= 80
> 80 and <= 90
Formula to calculate Application Rating Score
Application Rating Score: AR=0.5*A+1.5*B+2.5*C
Maximum Score for AR = 45
IIM Ahmedabad declares notes about the marks obtained to clear caveats on the scoring process of AR:
1. Percentages of marks of a candidate in final year of graduation will be computed based on her/his available marks or the previous year’s final marks.
2. For a candidate having cleared CA/ICWAI/CS without having a bachelor’s degree, the average of intermediate and final examinations’ percentages of marks obtained would be treated as bachelor’s degree marks.
3. For computing AR score of a candidate, scores in all subjects that appear in the mark sheet of 10th and 12th Std. board exams will be considered irrespective of whether the board/university considers them for calculating the percentage.
4. For bachelor’s degree, the percentage of marks awarded by the institute/university will be considered final. If the institute/university does not give the percentage of marks, it will be calculated on the basis of the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet.
5. If the percentage of marks awarded by the institute/university does not consider marks obtained in all the subjects as mentioned in the mark sheet for all the years, the candidates must produce a certificate from the institute authority certifying details of the practice at the time of the interview, if shortlisted for the same.
6. If any board/institute/university awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate has to obtain a certificate from the authorities specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT application form. The original equivalence certificate needs to be submitted at the time of interview, if shortlisted for the same.
7. For candidates having a 5-year integrated master's degree, percentage of marks obtained in the first 3 years will be considered as bachelor’s degree percentage. For candidates in the final year of 5 year integrated master's degree, the marks obtained in the first 3 years will be considered as bachelor’s degree ‘Not Completed’ percentage.
Screening for Academic Writing Test (AWT) & Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates will be shortlisted to appear for the Academic Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview rounds on the basis of the CAT 2014 cutoff and AR scores as mentioned in the above tables. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the CAT 2014 percentile and AR for General and reserved category candidates separately. Top 50 candidates or 1% of the number of applicants of IIM Ahmedabad, whichever is less will be shortlisted for AWT and PI rounds.
The final selection list will be computed on the basis of Composite Score which will be calculated after the AWT & PI rounds. Regarding the process of computing the Composite Score, IIM Ahmedabad mentions, “First, CAT, AWT and PI scores of a candidate are normalized by dividing it with the corresponding maximum possible score that could be obtained.”
The formula through which CS would be computed is as follows:
CS = 0.50 (Normalized PI Score) + 0.10 (Normalized AWT Score) + 0.40 (Normalized CAT Total Score).
Compared to the admission criteria of last year, there is not much change in terms of the CAT cutoff or any other aspect. There is no mention about the Diversity factor in the IIM Ahmedabad admission criteria for PGP 2015-17.
IIM Bangalore PGP 2015-17 Admission Criteria
IIM Calcutta 2015-17 Admission Criteria
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Kozhikode PGP Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Shillong Admission Policy 2015-17
IIM Ranchi PGDM and PGDHRM Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Rohtak PGP Admission Policy 2015-17
IIM Trichy PGP Admission Criteria 2015-17
IIM Udaipur PGP Admission Policy 2015-17
IIM Kashipur PGP Admission Policy 2015-17
CAT 2019 Response Sheet - CAT Response Sheet 2019 has been released by IIM Kozhikode on November ...
CAT Answer Key 2019 - Candidates are able to access the answer key of CAT 2019 on November 29 @ii...
How to prepare for GK section of CMAT, IIFT, SNAP and XAT – GK is an integral part of almost ever...
CAT Result 2019 - IIM Kozhikode will declare the result of CAT 2019 on January 6, 2020. The scor...
CAT 2019 is a computer-based (online) exam, was conducted by IIM Kozhikode on November 24. Get al...
The CAT exam for the year 2020 will be conducted on the last Sunday of November or first Sunday of December 2020.The registration for the exam will start by the first week of August and will end by the last week of september.
to get a call from iim bangalore not only depends on cat score but also it depends on your academic curriculum, work experience etc. iim bangalore has 40% weight age to cat score and 50% weight to academics and 10% is on gender diversity and work experience. see as per previous years cutoff and students review you need to have more than 95 percentile in cat exam to get a call from iim's if you belongs to general category.
so study hard and best of luck.
CAT is a National level Common Admission Test to get admission in IIM's and Some Business Schools to pursue Post Graduation in Management i,e PGDM/MBA. XAT is also another National level exam Conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to MBA/PGDM Course. Some Business Schools offers CAT and some other XAT. I suggest you to apply CAT exam because you can get admission in IIM's through CAT but not XAT. If you have written Same exams, and the College accepts both you can apply through only One particular exam Score which is better.
CAT is a National level Common Entrance test to pursue MBA in IIM's and Business Schools. To write CAT exam one must have passed graduation from a recognised Board of University. Final year graduation students are also allowed to write the CAT exam. If you do MBA in an IIM or Top B school, the career and placement opportunities are excellent. As a fresher one can earn minimum 5-10 lakhs after MBA.
CAT exam is of 3 hours duration comprising of 3 sections namely Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude.
Your CAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile