How to Crack CAT 2022: Strategies from toppers
How to Crack CAT 2022- Strategies from Toppers: There is a saying, “Winners do not do a different thing, they do things differently". Those appearing for the CAT exam must be well aware of the basic CAT exam pattern and the syllabus from which the questions will be asked.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
What next? It is that aspirants must be familiar with, how the CAT toppers cracked the exam and what is that they did differently. Appearing for CAT and acing the same with very ease is not a cakewalk. CAT preparation needs a lot of hard work as well as immense dedication towards it. There are certain things that are common in toppers' strategy which is they always focus on core topics. Every CAT topper has their own opinion on every section. For instance, if we talk about VARC sections, most of the toppers say “Even a non-reader can score well in Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section”. Read the full article by Careers360 to know all the details pertaining to “How to crack CAT 2022: Strategies from toppers” and section-wise best books for CAT 2022 preparation.
- How to prepare for CAT without coaching
- Why, When and How to take CAT Mock Test
- How to tackle TITA questions in CAT
How to Crack CAT 2022 Strategies from Toppers for VARC
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) is all about the understanding of the text and comprehending the ideas which the author or writer wants to convey. Usually, the reading comprehension section consists of a total of 4-5 passages with approximately 300 to 400 words and each passage will consist of a minimum of five questions. Read the following tips of CAT toppers on how they prepared for the CAT VARC section.
Ravi Prinshu - On asking for VARC preparation strategy Ravi says- “I used to read a lot of novels and while preparing for VARC, I used to just give the mock tests. In order to ensure that I could answer the question with ease, again I used to practice a lot of CAT mock test”
Ashish Sen - For VARC preparation, Ashish added “This was the section that troubled me a lot in mocks and I put a lot of effort into it. I used to read articles daily from sites such as aeon (aeon.co) and aldaily(aldaily.com). Along with that, I used to solve at least 3 RC Passages daily. Consistent practice improved my performance in this section considerably."
Shivam Chandak - On the other hand, Shivam Chandak says, "My VA was weak, so I had to really work for it, like a lot of reading but was not pretty consistent with it, which got me really scared. I knew I wasn’t good at VARC. So in the first few CAT mock tests, I tried to understand the questions I could solve correctly in the section. This is where analysing the mocks comes to the rescue. Once I understood that I wasn’t comfortable with inference-based questions and para jumbles, I started practising more RCs and more para jumbles daily. Also, I started reading an article or two daily for one month to increase my reading speed."
Recommended Books for CAT 2022 VARC Section by Toppers
Word Power Made Easy
Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT
Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay
How to Crack CAT 2022: Strategies from Toppers for Quantitative Ability
While preparing for the Quantitative Ability section one should focus on their mathematical skills, numerical ability as well as problem-solving skill. Most of the questions asked in the QA section are related to elementary mathematics. As per experts, those who have good command over fundamental concepts can easily ace this section.
CAT topper, Ashish shares his CAT Quantitative Ability preparation tips. He says “I first focused on strengthening my concepts in all the topics asked in CAT, for this I completed the entire module provided by TIME, after which I was pretty confident about my Quantitative section."
CAT topper, Ravi Prinshu also shares his QA preparation tips. He quoted “I searched Facebook groups from where I could get to know about the formulae and their short cut and I could execute them while solving the questions. For Quantitative ability, I used to give four to five hours in a week. After every CAT mock test, I used to analyse the questions and see where I had made a mistake and work accordingly and ensure that i fix my mistakes at the earliest."
The Quantitative Ability section is considered as the most challenging section for all CAT aspirants. Aditya Devalla (CAT topper) shares his QA preparation journey and says, “For Quantitative Aptitude, I made the short notes of all the important concepts of quantitative aptitude. I managed my time for each section equally. I appeared in sectional and overall tests every week to know my performance. Also, it is very important to go through your wrong answers, this is what I used to do after all tests.”
Best Books for CAT Quantitative Ability - Recommended by Toppers
How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT
Nishit K. Sinha
How to Crack CAT 2022 - Strategies from Toppers for DI and LR
While preparing for the DILR section candidates will have to follow an effective preparation strategy in order to have a good sectional and overall score. After the QA section, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning is the most challenging section. Vigorous and regular practice helps one to get an edge in the DILR section. Go through the tips and strategies by the toppers on the DILR section.
For Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Shivam Kumar (CAT 2020 topper) says “For DILR, I religiously solved all the sets which were there in the mocks. I maintained a list which detailed my analysis of all types of sets. It helped me in categorising the sets into easy, medium, tough buckets."
Aditya Devalla also shares his preparation strategy for DILR section. He quotes “ For DILR, I practised a lot. The more you practice the better you will be. The practice helped me to attain accuracy in the CAT exam. I would further move on to the last minutes, I would just solve the questions which could be solved with either specific data or less data and eventually would end up doing 4-5 complete sets and around 2 partial. Even on the D-day, I attempted 6 complete sets and 2 sets partially. DILR is more about accuracy than speed. On the exam day, I found the Quantitative section easy and I can say I solved easily. The DILR section was definitely the toughest this year. It was not easy to answer the questions in one go. Meanwhile, Data interpretation and logical reasoning questions were on moderate level, you can answer if you practiced and appeared for CAT mock tests."
Best Books for CAT DILR Recommended by Toppers
How to prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT
Nishit K. Sinha
Get full details on CAT exam analysis for slot 1, slot 2, and ...
CAT 2022 Response Sheet - CAT conducting body will release the...
How to Calculate CAT Percentile 2022 - Get to know the method ...
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
Questions related to CAT
gjgvhj bobbo ikb oob o oh ik kb be i kbyfhvvigivjj vhogivig
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you