IIM Jammu Admission Criteria 2023 - Notification, Admit Card, Exam, Result
IIM Jammu Admission Criteria 2023 - Indian Institute of Management, Jammu has announced the admission criteria at its official website. Careers 360 is providing insight into the admission criteria of IIM Jammu in this article.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
The admission criteria of IIM Jammu 2023 will comprise a step-by-step process that included taking into account the score obtained in CAT for shortlisting candidates for a personal interview, followed by the Supplementary Admission Process (SAP). According to the IIM Jammu admission criteria 2023, candidates will be finally selected on the basis of their performance in the different stages of the selection process.
IIM Jammu 2023 Admission Criteria
Candidates willing to get admission to the MBA programme offered by IIM Jammu, have to check the eligibility or admission criteria which include various parameters which will be taken into consideration before calling the candidate for the next round of the IIM selection process.
The admission process of IIM Jammu comprises:
CAT Exam (Common Admission Test)
Candidates being shortlisted for Personal Interview (PI) process
PI Process: The 9 IIMs (IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Trichy, and IIM Udaipur) together will conduct Personal Interview (PI) through Common Admission Process(CAP 2023 process)
IIM Jammu will conduct an additional Supplementary Admission Process ( SAP 2023) for candidates who meet IIM Jammu PI shortlisting criteria but do not meet the CAP 2023 cut off criteria.
IIM Jammu 2023 Criteria for Shortlisting to PI process
Candidtaes can refer to the IIM Jammu admission criteria to get a better idea of admissions. The cut-off percentile marks for shortlisting for Personal Interview (PI) process in the three sections and the total CAT percentile for different categories of students are given below as decided in the Common Admission Process 2023:
|Category||Gender||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Percentile|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Percentile|
|Quantitative Ability Percentile|
*The cut-off can be higher/lower than the tabulated numbers after the declaration of CAT 2022 result.
IIM Jammu's Admission Committee will decide the number of candidates who would be called for the Personal Interview (PI) process based on criteria prepared for each category. However, if the actual number of short-listed candidates are found to be less (more) than the required number of candidates to be called for PI category-wise, then the overall, as well as section-wise minimum score, would be reduced (increased) to get the desired number of candidates.
IIM Jammu Admission Criteria for Preparing the Merit List
The criteria for preparing the merit list has been based on the score obtained after adding the following:
- CAT Score : 0.4 × Absolute CAT Percentile
- Personal Interview (PI) : 30 Marks
- Profile : 30 Marks
The above three scores shall be added and will be used to make the final merit list.
CAT Score (40% weightage)
IIM Jammu will use CAT 2022 score. One candidate can get maximum 40 marks
Personal Interview (PI) (30% weightage)
- Personal Interview (PI) Maximum : 30 marks
Profile (30% weightage)
One candidate can get maximum 30 marks.
- Academic Profile maximum: 10
- Work Experience maximum: 8
- Diversity (Academic & Gender) maximum: 10 marks
Academic Profile (10 Marks)
IIM Jammu will consider the following weightage:
- 10th Standard : 3
- 12th Standard : 3
- Graduation: 4
The following would be the basis for scoring candidates with respect of their academic profiles:
|Range of Marks||10th Class||12th Class|
|60.01 to 70||1||1|
|70.01 to 80||1.5||1.5|
|80.01 to 90||2||2|
|90.01 to 95||2.5||2.5|
|Range of Marks||Graduation|
|60.01 to 70||1|
|70.01 to 80||1.5|
|80.01 to 85||2|
|85.01 to 90||2.5|
Work Experience (10 marks)
The following will be the basis for scoring candidates:
** Only completed months will be considered
Diversity (10 marks)
1.Gender Diversity (10 marks)
IIM Jammu will follow strictly the Government of India's Reservation Policy:
NC - OBC
Personal Interview (PI) Shortlisting Criteria CAP and SAP Process
The 9 IIMs (IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Trichy and IIM Udaipur) together will conduct Personal Interview (PI) through common admission process (CAP 2023 process). In addition to the Common Admission Process as mentioned, IIM Jammu will conduct an additional Supplementary Admission Process (SAP 2023) in collaboration with IIM Bodhgaya. The minimum cut-offs of CAT percentile required in each section and overall percentile for shortlisting candidates for personal interview are given below.
1) The cut-offs for the CAP 2023 process is higher than Table 1.
2) Candidates who have not received call for CAP 2023 will receive separate communication based on the shortlist criteria given in Table 1 and Table 2. The Personal Interview (PI) will be conducted through a separate process (SAP) 2023.
3) The above criteria are the minimum requirement to be fulfilled by the candidates for being considered for shortlisting for the PI process and are intended to be the eligibility criteria and do not imply entitlement. However, the criteria, i.e., individual sectional percentile and the overall percentile, may be lowered/relaxed if the actual number of shortlisted candidates is found to be less than the required number of candidates to be called for the PI process in one or more categories. The relaxation in the cut-off criteria ensures a sufficient number of candidates for each of the categories for the PI process. The participating IIMs reserve the right to have a higher cut-off than those mentioned above.
Please write to email@example.com for any queries
IIM Jammu Fee Structure 2023
In the following tables, the candidates will find the fee structure of the MBA programme.
|First Year||Term – I||Term – II||Term – III||Total Fee (INR)|
|Other academic/non-academic expense||1,11,300||1,09,100||1,09,100||3,29,500|
|Second Year||Term – IV||Term – V||Term – VI||Total Fee (INR)|
|Other academic/non-academic expense||1,17,300||1,09,100||1,09,100||3,35,500|
|Total Fees for the Program||17,15,000|
Offer Acceptance Fee and Withdrawal
A candidate receiving admission offer from IIM Jammu and accepting the offer within the stipulated date needs to send along with Offer Acceptance, an Offer Acceptance amount of Rs.50,000/-. If a candidate subsequently wishes to withdraw the offer within the withdrawal date specified by the Institute, the Offer Acceptance Amount will be refunded after deducting Rs. 1,000 as processing charges. If a candidate applies for withdrawal after the date specified by the Institute, no refund will be admissible. If a candidate registers for the program, his/her Offer Acceptance Amount will be adjusted against Term I Fee. In the event of withdrawal from the Program after registration, no refund of Offer Acceptance Amount & Term Fee will be made.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - IIM Jammu Admission Criteria 2023 - Notification, Admit Card, Exam, Result
Question: When will the admission process commence?
The dates of admission will be declared soon by the officials of IIM Jammu.
Question: What is the total programme fee?
The total fee of MBA programme is Rs 1380000.
Question: What are the components on the basis of which the candidate will be shortlisted?
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT 2022 score, performance in WAT and PI.
Question: What is the duration of the MBA programme?
The duration of the MBA programme is 2 years.
Question: Who will conduct CAT 2022?
CAT 2022 conducting body is yet to be announced.
Question: How many terms are there in the MBA programme?
A total of 6 terms are there in the MBA programme.
Question: What are the contact details of IIM Jammu?
The contact details are:
Indian Institute of Management Jammu
Old University Campus,
Canal Road, Jammu-180016.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. : 0191-2585837
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
CAT previous year’s question papers with Solutions - Candidate...
Top MBA Colleges 60 Percentile in CAT 2022 - Find here a List ...
Top Colleges In India Accepting CAT Score - Candidates can che...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you
Hello , i have completed btech but i have 3 supply and if i manage to complete all by next year & if the results are not published by the time pg entrance notification is out , can i apply for pg ? also write exam SSC CGL ?
Firstly you need to clear all your three supply, there are many universities which does offer admission provisionally as final year candidates too are eligible to apply, so you have to check out the exact details by visiting the official website, coming to SSC CGL you need to attain the required educational qualifications by the specific date as mentioned in the official notification, and unless you clear the supply, you won't be able to apply for the same,
When it comes to job profiles of SSC CGL, there are only three posts which have specific criteria pertaining to it which are as follows;
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer : essential qualification is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, desirable qualification is ca/cma/cs/mcom/mba(finance),masters in business economics and masters in business studies
Junior Statistical Officer : Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 60% marks in maths at 10+2 level or graduation in any subject with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Statistical Investigator Grade II ; Bachelor's degree in any discipline with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Assistant in NCLAT ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law from a recognized university,
Research Assistant in NHRC ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law/human rights from a recognized university, a minimum of one year research experience from a recognized university is required.
Other than aforementioned posts, others only have eligibility criteria of passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.