CAT Result 2022 - Check Score Card, Download Link, Cut Off, Percentile
CAT Result 2022 - Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore will announce the CAT result in online mode tentatively in the second week of January 2023. Candidates can check the CAT result 2022 once the CAT result 2022 link is activated on the official IIM CAT website iimcat.ac.in. The authorities have not pointed out the CAT result time and it may be announced soon on the official website. Candidates who appear in CAT 2022 have to enter their CAT 2022 login credentials such as user ID and password in order to check IIM CAT result 2022.
Latest Updates for CAT
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Post declaration of CAT result 2022 topper list, IIMs will release the CAT cutoff individually and the IIM shortlisting will begin, based on individual CAT cut offs. Read this article to know about the CAT result 2022, how to download CAT result, CAT result 2022 link, cut off, how is CAT percentile calculated, and other details.
Know about: CAT 2022 Sample Paper
CAT Result Date 2022
CAT exam date
November 27, 2022
CAT provisional answer key release date
First week of December 2022 (Tentative)
Last date to file an objection against an answer key
Second week of December 2022 (Tentative)
CAT final answer key date
First week of January 2023 (Tentative)
CAT result 2022 date
Second week of January 2023 (Tentative)
CAT Result Release Date - Past Year Trends
CAT exam year
CAT exam date
CAT result date
Gap between exam date and result date
November 28, 2021
January 03, 2022
November 29, 2020
January 2, 2021, Saturday
November 24, 2019
January 4, 2020, Saturday
November 25, 2018
January 5, 2019, Saturday
November 26, 2017
January 8, 2018
December 04, 2016
January 9, 2017
How to Check CAT Result 2022?
Candidates can check below the major steps that are required to check the CAT result 2022 in online mode.
Steps to Check CAT Exam Result 2022
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CAT, that is, iimcat.ac.in
- Step 2: Click on Cat result 2022 link titled- ‘CAT Result 2022 Tab’ and enter CAT user ID and password to log in
- Step 3: Next, click on the ‘IIM CAT Score Card’ tab
- Step 4: CAT result 2022 will appear on the screen
- Step 5: Download CAT result 2022 and keep it for future reference
NOTE- In addition to this, candidates will also be intimated about the result of CAT 2022 via SMS on the registered phone number and an email wherein, the CAT percentile of a candidate will be mentioned.
CAT Result Video - Last year CAT result details can be referred by the candidates to get an idea of CAT result 2022.
Details Mentioned on CAT Scorecard 2022
The following details will be mentioned in the CAT scorecard 2022
CAT 2022 registration number/user Id
Candidate's name, category, and gender
Date of birth
Date and time of examination
Candidate contact details and email id
CAT scaled score (overall)
CAT score (section-wise)
CAT percentile score (section-wise)
CAT percentile score (overall)
Snapshot of CAT Scorecard
CAT Exam Result 2022 Highlights
- CAT result time has not been notified by the authorities for now.
- The CAT result 2022 will be available in online mode only on the official website of IIM CAT.
- The CAT result 2022 is announced tentatively in the second week of January 2023.
- An SMS will be sent to registered candidates stating that the result of CAT 2022 has been announced.
- All CAT slot results is announced on the same day.
- The CAT scorecard 2022 contains the scaled scores and percentile of the candidate.
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
How is CAT Percentile Calculated?
The calculation of CAT percentile includes three steps:
As per the CAT exam pattern over the years, three marks are awarded for each correct answer and one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. No marks are deducted for wrong answers in non-MCQ-type questions.
Steps to Calculate IIM CAT Percentile
- Each candidate’s score is first evaluated section-wise and then the overall score is arrived at by totaling the section-wise scores.
- Thereafter, these section-wise and overall scores (raw scores) are normalized to arrive at a scaled CAT score.
- The normalized scores are converted into percentiles which are reported on the CAT scorecard 2022.
CAT Percentile Calculation 2022
To calculate the CAT percentile 2022, the scaled scores are used. The process of calculating percentiles for the CAT result 2022 remains the same for all sections. The more percentile the greater will be the chances of selection. The given below process will be used to calculate CAT 2022 percentile.
Step 1: Take the total number of candidates who appeared for IIM CAT in the morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.
Total no. of candidates = N
Step 2: Assign rank = R, on the basis of the scaled scores obtained by candidates in VARC (can take any of the three) sections of all candidates who will appear for CAT 2022. If two or more candidates will obtain identical scaled scores in the VARC section, identical ranks will be assigned to them.
For example, if two candidates obtain the highest scaled CAT score in the VARC section, then both candidates will be assigned rank 1. Candidate(s) obtaining the second-highest scaled score in the VARC section will be assigned a rank of 3.
Step 3: Now calculate the percentile score (P) of a candidate with rank (r) in the VARC section as shown below:
- P=((N-r)/ N )*100
Step 4: Now round off the calculated percentile score (P). This can be done up to two decimal points. For example, all CAT percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.995 are rounded off to 100, all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.985 but strictly less than 99.995 are rounded off to 99.99, and so on.
What is the CAT Normalization Process?
As the CAT for MBA exam is conducted in different slots, a normalization process is used wherein the marks of every candidate are scaled in order to bring equity to the marking process. The normalization process of CAT is an established practice followed over the years to assess the performance of a candidate across multiple sessions.
What are the parameters taken into consideration for CAT normalization?
Top 10 percentiles
Lowest 10 percentiles
CAT Result 2022: Important Instructions
- Candidates who will take the CAT entrance exam 2022 will be entitled to receive the CAT scorecard 2022.
- CAT result 2022 will be available online; candidates should take a printout for future reference. However, no hard copy of the CAT exam result 2022 will be sent to the candidates.
- IIMs as well as Non-IIM institutions are free to use the CAT result 2022 based on their respective selection process.
- The result of CAT 2022 will be valid till December 31, 2023.
What after CAT Result 2022?
After the CAT 2022 result is declared, the candidates who meet the minimum CAT cutoff score will be intimated via an email by the respective IIMs for further selection rounds. Each IIM sends interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly via email/registered/speed post. The criteria for shortlisting vary across IIMs.
Normally the IIMs follow the selection procedure which includes the following rounds- Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The new IIMs have a common selection procedure, that is, a Common Admission Process( CAP) for which separate registration is done once the minimum CAP cutoff percentile is released by the CAP conducting authority.
The final selection of the candidates for MBA admissions will be done on the basis of various parameters such as CAT score, academic history, work experience, academic diversity, gender diversity, and performance in WAT/GD-PI.
CAT Cutoff 2022
The minimum marks required by a candidate in the CAT result 2022 to make it to the next selection rounds is called the CAT cutoff. There are a number of factors considered before calculating the CAT cutoff 2022. These factors include- the difficulty level of the CAT question paper, number of candidates appearing for the CAT exam, seat intake, previous year CAT cutoffs, etc. Candidates can meanwhile check the previous year's CAT cutoff.
CAT Cutoff 2020
Top B-schools Accepting CAT Exam Result 2022
Expected CAT Cutoff
Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
76 to 85.75 Percentile
75 to 80 percentile
CAT Topper List 2020
Check out the name of the previous year's CAT toppers.
CAT Previous Year Toppers List
CAT topper name
CAT score (Overall)
Anand Rajkumar Mishra
Manas Kumar Pradhan
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CAT Result 2022 - Check Score Card, Download Link, Cut Off, Percentile
Question: Is CAT result declared? When CAT results will be out? Is CAT result 2021 out?
CAT result 2022 is to be announced tentatively in the second week of January 2023. The CAT result time is yet to be notified.
Yes, the previous year's CAT exam result has been declared already on January 3, 2022.
Question: Will I receive the CAT result via sms? Are CAT results out? or Is CAT result 2022 out?
CAT result notification will be sent to each CAT 2022 candidate through SMS on their registered mobile phone number; but the SMS will not reveal the CAT scores.
No, CAT result 2022 is not out as the exam is yet to be concluded.
Question: Is there any difference between CAT score and CAT percentile?
IIM clearly states that CAT scores are the marks obtained by candidates as per the exam marking scheme, whereas percentile shows the position secured by candidates.
Question: What is the age limit to appear in the CAT exam?
There is no age bar to appear in the CAT exam.
Question: Till when can I download my CAT 2022 scorecard from the official website?
Each candidate’s CAT scorecard will be available for download on the official website till December 31, 2023.
Question: Till when can I download my CAT 2022 scorecard? How can I see my CAT result?
The CAT 2022 result and CAT scorecard will be available on the official website of IIM CAT till December 31, 2023. Right after releasing of CAT result 2022, it is a must for the test takers to take a printout of it for future reference.
Question: When will CAT cutoffs will be announced?
Official CAT cutoff will be announced along with the CAT result. The respective IIMs will start the shortlisting process after 2-3 days of releasing of CAT result 2022.
Question: Is there any provision of re-checking or re-evaluation of CAT result 2022?
There is no provision for re-evaluation of the CAT result. The given CAT scores remain unchanged. If a candidate wants to improve their CAT score, then in such case they have to appear for CAT next year.
Question: I appeared for CAT entrance exam in second slot. Will my result be declared on other day?
No, all the CAT slots results will be declared on the same day.
Question: Will I be able to see my scaled CAT score on my scorecard?
Yes, the CAT scorecard will contain candidates scaled score and CAT percentile. CAT scorecard will not contain the raw score.
Question: If I do not clear the minimum CAT cutoff, will I still eligible for IIM admissions?
No, in order to appear for IIM admission process, candidates will have to clear the specified cutoff. Candidates can apply to some other B-Schools for MBA admission on the basis of CAT scorecard.
Question: What is the validity of CAT scorecard? How do I find my CAT score?
CAT result/ scorecard will be valid for one year. Once the CAT result is declared, CAT score will be visible to the candidate on CAT 2022 official website.
CAT Slot 3 Analysis 2022 - CAT 2022 Slot 3 had been conducted ...
Get full details on CAT exam analysis for slot 1, slot 2, and ...
CAT Slot 2 Analysis 2022 - Check the CAT 2022 Slot 2 exam anal...
Know CAT Evolution Over the Years - Careers360 brings an in-de...
Questions related to CAT
gjgvhj bobbo ikb oob o oh ik kb be i kbyfhvvigivjj vhogivig
how many marks should I get to get mbbs in b cat.. my caste is s.c
Hope you are doing good.
So as per your query, generally the cutoffs vary from one year to the other, and the students who are belonging to the B category need to score 500+ marks in the NEET, so that you can easily achieve the MBBS seat.
However, just check this college predictor once, to know you chances.
All the Best!!
can I get to see last year 2021 cat question paper
You may already know the exam pattern and syllabus for cat (common admission test) as i can see, you are already trying for previous year papers for cat to give your preparationa a boost. Below I have provided a link through which you can get previous year papers for cat exam. You Should also try for edtech platforms where you'll get previous year paper video lectures which will help you to understand the paper better.
All the best :)
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)