IIM Ranchi Admission Criteria 2022 - Process, CAP Personal Interview
IIM Ranchi Admission Criteria 2023 - IIM, Ranchi has its own separate admission criteria for shortlisting candidates. Candidates who seek admission to postgraduate programme in management must meet the IIM Ranchi admission criteria 2023 which include WAT, PI, academic performance. Based on CAT 2022 score, candidates will be shortlisted for PI round of IIM Ranchi admission process. CAP Personal Interview will likely take place in the 3rd week of February, 2023. Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi will release the admission criteria for the academic year 2023-2025. Students aiming to get admission in IIM Ranchi, must check the admission criteria.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
In order to take admission in IIM Ranchi, all candidates who will clear CAT 2022 must check the IIM Ranchi admission criteria 2023 which will be made available at the official website. IIM Ranchi offers PGP and PGP-HRM to candidates. For admissions in IIM Ranchi, candidates will have to go through the CAP 2023 round. Details pertaining to shortlisting candidates for WAT and PI rounds will be mentioned in the IIM Ranchi 2023 admission criteria. IIM Ranchi admission criteria 2023 includes two stages - shortlisting candidates and conducting WAT-PI rounds. IIM Bangalore will conduct CAT 2022 post which the admission criteria of IIMs will be released.
IIM Ranchi Admission Criteria 2023 - Important Dates
For the purpose of securing admission to IIM Ranchi, it is crucial for candidates to stay updated with the CAT exam dates 2022. Dates related to application form dates, exam date, declaration of CAT result, availability of admission forms, list of selection, and all will be provided under the important dates of CAT 2022.
CAT Important Dates 2021
CAT 2022 application last date
September 14, 2022
November 27, 2022
CAT 2022 result
To be announced
IIM CAP 2023- Important dates
Last date for CAP 2023 registration
4th week of January 2023
Intimation regarding Personal Interview (PI)
1st week of February 2023
Personal Interview (Week 1)
3rd week of February 2023
Personal Interview (Week 2)
3rd to 4th week of February 2023
Personal Interview (Week 3)
2nd week of March 2023
IIM Ranchi admission 2023- CAP registration
Read all the details pertaining to CAP registration before filling online mode. Candidates will not be able to modify their CAP registration form after final submission. Prior to filling the CAP 2023 registration form, keep the following documents ready.
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of signature (less than 100 KB)
- Photo ID care document
- CAT 2022 scorecard
- 10th & 12th mark sheet with pass certificate
- Graduation related documents
- Graduation mark sheet of all years/ semesters
- Degree certificate required for those who have completed their graduation before 2021
- Provisional degree certificate for those candidates who have completed their bachelor's in 2022 but not received their degree certificate
- Those candidates who are pursuing their final year of graduation, then in such case they need to upload the certificate as per CAT 2022 format, which can be obtained from the competent authority by the following CAT website
- Marksheet and certificate of any other degree professional qualification/ master's as mentioned in the CAT form
- Experience related certificate
- Authorities will consider training and apprenticeship as an experience
- Experience certificate of all past companies will be considered. The certificate must be on the company letterhead, which should be sealed and signature of the competent authority
- A service certificate is required from the company's letterhead competent authority with a seal and signature for those who are presently working. Otherwise, provide the offer letter/ joining letter with a first-month payslip and payslip of the latest two months
- If a candidates is proprietor or partner of such firm, then they has to provide the document proof such as income tax for the relevant periods and certificate of registration for doing a business from the municipal corporation or MSME certificate issued by the Government of India, Udyog Aadhar Registration Certificate, Partnership deed of the firm duly signed by all the partners and GST registration certificate
- In case, if a candidate has worked or working in unorganized sector, then in such case candidates has to provide the cash voucher along with the bank statement as a proof of the salary and the GST registration of the firm with experience certificate
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category need to provide a valid caste certificate (NC-OBC/ SC/ ST) as per the given format on the CAT website. In case NC-OBC, it should be valid for next six months from the date of registration
- In case PwD/ DAP category, need to provide the certificate following the format given on the IIM CAT website
- In the case of the EwS category, the certificate should be valid for 2022-23. For format, visit the CAT website
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular certificate
Click here to fill CAP 2023 registration form
IIM Ranchi Admission/Selection Criteria 2023
IIM Ranchi comes under Baby IIMs and offers admissions to two programs namely PGP and PGP-HRM. The batch size of the PGP batch is likely to be 120 and 50 for PGP and PGP-HRM respectively. The admission criteria of IIM Ranchi 2023 given below are divided into two stages. After CAT 2022 exam , the admission process/stages of IIM Ranchi will begin. The list of candidates who will be selected will be published on the official website of IIM Ranchi. Candidates will also be notified about their selection through SMS or email.
Separate admission criteria of IIM Ranchi 2023 for PGP and PGP-HRM is provided below -
A- For PGP - Stages of IIM Ranchi Admission Criteria 2023:
Initial Shortlisting of Candidates for PI Process
PI Process and Preparation of the Merit List
Let us look at each stage to have a better understanding of the PGP stages as per the admission criteria of IIM Ranchi 2023:
Stage 1 - Initial Shortlisting of Candidates for PI Process
On the basis of results and CAT cutoff 2022, candidates will be shortlisted by IIM Ranchi initially. Candidates whose name will be mentioned in the initial shortlist will be eligible for PI process for admission to the PGP 2023-25 as per the admission criteria of IIM Ranchi 2023.
Stage 2 - PI Process and Preparation of the Merit List
The second stage of the IIM Ranchi 2023 admission criteria includes the conduct of PI rounds. After the completion of the PI rounds, IIM Ranchi will provide the admission offer to selected candidates. The merit list will be made on the following criteria -
Basis of Preparing Final Merit List for PGP (Weightage Criteria):
For a clear understanding of the above weightage criteria, let us look at each weightage criteria one by one -
IIM Ranchi will use the score of CAT 2022 for shortlisting candidates. 50% weightage is allotted to the CAT score of the candidates eligible for PI.
Personal Interview (PI)
The weightage assigned for the Personal Interview (PI) score is 20%.
The profile criteria are given 30 percent weightage which is divided as follows -
Out of 30 Marks
a- Academic Profile (20 Marks)
As per the IIM Ranchi 2023 admission criteria, the evaluation will be based on academic performance in SSC, HSC and Graduation as shown below -
Marking Range as per academic profile:
As Per CAT%
85 % and
b- Work Experience (5 Marks)
Duration of Work Experience
|6 or Less||0|
|Above 48 months||1|
c- Gender Diversity (5 marks)
Under this category, female and transgender candidates will be awarded 5 marks at the time of preparing the merit list.
Reservation Policy of PGP-HRM:
As per the admission criteria of IIM Ranchi 2023, the Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs) will be applied for the purpose of providing admissions.
Ranchi, an Indian Institute Management, will have the final say in categorizing an educational program that deserves an academic diversity score.
IIM Ranchi reserves the right to change, modify, add, or delete any shortlist and selection criteria in the Admission Criteria document for the PGP program if deemed necessary at any time. The details in this document apply only to the shortlist, selection, and admission process for IIM Ranchi’s PGP programme for batch 2023-25.
15% of the seats will be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates
7.5% of the seats will be reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates
27% of the seats will be reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC)
5% of the seats will be reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)
Quick Links -
- How to prepare for GD-PI & WAT rounds of top B-schools
- How to crack GD-WAT-PI round of top B-schools? Expert Column by Director of Hitbullseye
How to Apply for PGP-HRM?
Candidates belonging to General/NC-OBC/EWS categories who are interested and eligible as per the IIM Ranchi 2023 admission criteria will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 2000 (tentative) to apply for the PGP-HRM. While candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD (DAP) categories will be required to pay a fee of Rs. 1000 (tentative) as application fees.
Offer Acceptance Fee and Withdrawal
IIM Ranchi offers invitation letters to selected candidates on the basis of the above mentioned IIM Ranchi 2023 admission criteria. Candidates who will accept the offer of IIM Ranchi will be required to make a payment of Rs. 1,00,000 as offer acceptance fees. For candidates who register themselves, their offer acceptance amount will be adjusted against Term I Fees of IIM Ranchi. The facility of withdrawing the accepted offer within the withdrawal date specified will also be provided by IIM Ranchi with the condition of deducting Rs. 1000 as processing charges.
Selected candidates will be required to pay the course fees. Last year's fee structure is given below for both PGP and PGP-HRM which can be checked by candidates for reference. For the year 2023, the fee structure of IIM Ranchi will be updated as soon as any details are available.
MBA and MBA-HR Fee Structure:
IIM Ranchi Final Placement Report 2021
For the batch of 2019-2021, IIM Ranchi released the IIM Ranchi final placement report 2021. The highest international package offered was 26.50 LPA. 100 Percent placements were recorded as per the final placement report of IIM Ranchi 2021. Out of the diverse offers made, the highest number of offers were made in MBA, followed by MBA (HR). For more details check the complete IIM Ranchi final placement report 2020.
Quick Links -
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - IIM Ranchi Admission Criteria 2022 - Process, CAP Personal Interview
Question: When will the CAT 2022 result be declared by IIM Indore?
CAT result 2022 will be declared in the second week of January 2023 as per the exam dates.
Question: Is it important to give CAT exam 2022 to fill the application form of IIM Ranchi?
Yes, to take admission in any of the 20 IIMs, giving IIM entrance exam i.e. CAT is necessary.
Question: Will IIM Ranchi follow any reservation policy for 2023 admissions?
Yes, IIM Ranchi follows the Government of India's Reservation Policy for the purpose of admissions.
Question: Is the academic profile of candidates given any weightage during admission rounds?
Yes, the Academic profile is given 20 marks.
Question: How many full time courses at pg level are offered by IIM Ranchi?
Currently, IIM Ranchi is offering two course i.e. PGP and PGP-HRM.
Question: When will the IIM Application Form 2023 available?
The IIM Application Form 2023 for MBA-HR admission will be released soon.
CAT Result 2022 - IIM Bangalore will declare the CAT 2022 Resu...
CAT previous year’s question papers with Solutions - Candidate...
Top MBA Colleges 60 Percentile in CAT 2022 - Find here a List ...
Top Colleges In India Accepting CAT Score - Candidates can che...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
how to start the quantitative aptitude preparation topics for CAT exam?
Although there are many online resources for CAT 2022 candidates, for many of them, preparing for the CAT mathematical ability part is one of the most tough and challenging undertakings. The QA part is regarded by the majority of elite CAT scorers as one of the most unexpected and time-consuming. And for candidates without an engineering-related educational background, learning how to prepare for the CAT quantity ability is like cracking a hard nut.
For every detailed information on how to prepare for cat quantitative aptitude section, you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
what is CAT exam? full information about it
The Common Admission Test is the full name of the exam. A prominent national MBA entrance exam is being taken. A computer-based test will be used to administer the CAT 2022 exam. A little over 2.3 lakh students are anticipated to sign up for the CAT 2022. At 20 IIMs and more than 1,000 B-Schools in India, CAT 2022 will be held for MBA and PGDM admissions.
For more information you can visit our site by clicking on link given below.
Hope this information helps you
Hello , i have completed btech but i have 3 supply and if i manage to complete all by next year & if the results are not published by the time pg entrance notification is out , can i apply for pg ? also write exam SSC CGL ?
Firstly you need to clear all your three supply, there are many universities which does offer admission provisionally as final year candidates too are eligible to apply, so you have to check out the exact details by visiting the official website, coming to SSC CGL you need to attain the required educational qualifications by the specific date as mentioned in the official notification, and unless you clear the supply, you won't be able to apply for the same,
When it comes to job profiles of SSC CGL, there are only three posts which have specific criteria pertaining to it which are as follows;
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer : essential qualification is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, desirable qualification is ca/cma/cs/mcom/mba(finance),masters in business economics and masters in business studies
Junior Statistical Officer : Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 60% marks in maths at 10+2 level or graduation in any subject with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Statistical Investigator Grade II ; Bachelor's degree in any discipline with statisics as a subject in all the three years of graduation.
Assistant in NCLAT ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law from a recognized university,
Research Assistant in NHRC ; The desirable qualification is passed degree in law/human rights from a recognized university, a minimum of one year research experience from a recognized university is required.
Other than aforementioned posts, others only have eligibility criteria of passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.