CAT 2021 - Know Changes in Exam Pattern, Application process, Fees and Slots
CAT 2021 - Know the expected Changes: One of the most awaited B-School entrance exams is CAT 2021 is to be held on November 28. With regard to the exam, IIM Ahmedabad the conducting body of CAT 2021 has announced CAT exam pattern and there is no change in the CAT paper pattern as compared to last year.
Stay up-to date with CAT News
Ongoing MBA Admission 2022
CAT 2021 - Changes
IIM Ahmedabad has introduced changes in CAT application fee and the total number of CAT test cities.
- The CAT application fee is increased from Rs 2000 to Rs 2200 for the Unreserved category and reserved category candidates will have to pay Rs 1100 as an application fee.
- Last year's CAT exam was held in 156 cities and this year, CAT 2021 the exam will be held in 158 cities.
CAT Exam Pattern 2021
Complete details pertaining to how CAT 2021 will be conducted, what will be the total time duration of the CAT exam, sectional time duration, how many CAT questions will be asked, marking scheme and other details will be mentioned in the CAT 2021 exam pattern. Last year, IIM Indore announced certain changes in the CAT paper pattern, so going by past year trend candidates can expect certain changes which will be announced by the IIM Ahmedabad for the CAT exam pattern.
Changes introduced in CAT exam last year
- Last year the CAT application fee was increased from Rs 1,900 to Rs 2,000 for the candidates belonging to the General category and Rs 950 to Rs 1,000 for SC/ ST category candidates.
- The total time duration of the CAT exam was reduced from 180 minutes to 120 minutes. The section-time limit was 40 minutes per section.
- The number of CAT exam slots was increased by three as compared to the previous year. Till CAT 2019, the exam was held in two slots only.
Changes in CAT that happened last year
Duration of the CAT exam
2 hours (120 minutes)
Number of questions
76 questions (54 MCQs and 22 Non-MCQs)
CAT exam total marks
CAT exam pattern 2021
CAT 2021 pattern
CAT exam duration
Total number of questions
No. of questions in VARC section
No. of questions in DILR section
No. of questions in QA section
Let us look at previous year changes in CAT
Earlier CAT was conducted in a duration of three hours, but since the number of slots in a day has been increased, IIM Indore has reduced the duration to CAT exam to two hours. Now, candidates will have only 120 minutes to solve all three sections.
As of now, Convener of CAT 2021 Professor M P Ram Mohan has not said anything pertaining to the reduction in a number of CAT questions. It is on a toss right now. However it is being forecasted that with respect to the drop to time, there is likely to be a dip of 30 to 35 percent questions in each section.
Going by last year trend, all candidates will have only 40 minutes per section to solve the question paper. Unless the 40 minutes are over, candidates will not be able to move to another section. However, candidates belonging to PwD category will be allowed extra 20 minutes per section i.e. they will have 60 minutes in total to complete one section.
If COVID situation persists then IIM Ahmedabad will conduct CAT 2021 in three different slots i.e. morning session (8:30 AM – 10:30 AM), afternoon session (12:30 PM – 2:30 PM) and evening session (4:30 PM – 6:30 PM).
CAT Exam Centre 2021 - Expected major changes
The location/centre where candidates will have to appear to give the IIM Entrance exam are called the CAT 2021 exam centres. At the time of registration, candidates will have to select a total of six centres as their preference for CAT exam centre 2021. As mentioned above, due to COVID 19 scenario, last year IIM Indore increased the number of exam centres. The IIM entrance exam was conducted across 156 cities in India. Candidates will be allotted the exam centres based on the availability. Complete details related to the allotted exam centre will be mentioned in the admit card of CAT 2021 which is to be available from October 28 in online mode.
CAT 2021 - Preparation tips
While preparing for CAT 2021 it's your choice between joining a coaching institute or does the self-study to ace the CAT entrance exam. According to the experts and previous year CAT toppers the following component will help to score a decent percentile in the CAT exam.
- Check out CAT 2021 exam syllabus and exam pattern
- Now make a choice between CAT exam preparation without coaching or through coaching
- Pick the best study material- Section wise
- Take CAT mock test in order to check your current CAT exam preparation level
- Learn from CAT toppers
Check out this video to know the CAT preparation tips in COVID times.
CAT 2023 is conducted by iimcat for MBA Entrance exam for MBA ...
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria 2023-25: IIMA has released th...
CAT 2022- View all details about CAT 2022 exam dates, exam pat...
IIM will not release CAT exam syllabus 2023 for MBA admission....
Questions related to CAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
I did not self attest my obc certificate in cat application. what should I do?
Hope you are doing fine! Below are the categories who get benefits of reservation in CAT -
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the non - creamy layer (NC - OBC).
To avail the reservation benefits one must upload the catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration. In case of other mba colleges you might get chance to apply separately as many mba colleges take separate applications for admission after cat exam. But in case of IIMs candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application while registration for cat, during the selection process they need to produce the documents for verification. But in your case if you have not attached catagory certificate at the time of CAT registration you will be shortlisted as per general cutoff. Below I have provided you previous year cutoff for different IIMs.
- IIM Ahmedabad - 85 percentile
- IIM Bangalore - 85 percentile
- IIM Calcutta - 85 percentile
- IIM Lucknow - 90 percentile
- IIM Indore - 90 percentile
- IIM Kozhikode - 85 percentile
- IIM Amritsar - 85 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Sambalpur - 93 percentile
- IIM Trichy - 93 percentile
- IIM Raipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Ranchi - 93 percentile
- IIM Kashipur - 94 percentile
- IIM Vizag - 80 percentile
- IIM Udaipur - 93 percentile
- IIM Bodhgaya - 93 percentile
- IIM Shillong - 75 percentile
- IIM Sirmaur - 93 percentile
- IIM Rohtak - 95 percentile
- IIM Nagpur - 85 percentile
- IIM Jammu - 93 percentile
All the best :)
neetpg 2022 rank is 87k,st cat ,any possibility to get MD/MS seat in mp gov medical colg?
That's a too far rank...may be you could achieve seat in a private college...
To know rank college predictor, check out the link provided
And also stay updated through careers360.
Hope it helps .
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
Hi, what percentile an NC-OBC female candidate should aim in CAT 2022 to get into IIM Ahmedabad? My profile is : 95/97/83. And I am from Arts background.
See since you are from arts background, and you also have a good academic record (barring your graduation percentage), so you can get a call for interview even a slightly lower percentile.
According to the previous trends, you can easily get into IIM Ahmedabad even at a percentile in the range of 92 to 95, which is a safe estimate for your admission in the OBC NCL category.
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!