MAT 2022 Preparation for Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability
MAT 2022 Preparation for Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability - Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted multiple times a year. Through MAT score students can gain admission to MBA programmes in the MAT participating institutes. MAT language comprehension and verbal ability section aims to assess the candidate's grammatical and vocabulary skills. The language comprehension and verbal ability section in MAT 2022 is one of the five sections which is termed the easiest.
MAT language comprehension can be easily mastered by practicing a few habits in the daily routine. The key to increasing the score in MAT verbal ability section is to read more often. MAT will assess candidates in different areas, hence the paper is divided into five sections, viz., Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, Mathematics, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Indian and Global Environment. Let us check more details about the MAT 2022 preparation strategy for Language Comprehension and Verbal Ability.
Stay up-to date with MAT News
What is Management Aptitude Test (MAT)?
Management Aptitude Test is a standard aptitude test conducted by AIMA for the students seeking admission to MBA programmes. MAT score acts as a gateway to more than 600 B-schools across India. MAT exam is conducted four times in a year – February, May, September, and December.
Also, check the related articles
|MAT Syllabus 2022|
|MAT Participating Institutes 2022|
|MAT Exam Dates 2022|
|MAT Cut off 2022|
|MAT Exam Pattern 2022|
|MAT Result 2022|
MAT Language Comprehension and Verbal Ability - Overview
Before getting familiar with the tips for MAT preparation, let’s have a look at the MAT 2022 exam pattern for language comprehension and verbal ability.
Language Comprehension Highlights:
Number of questions
Marks per question
0.25 marks deduction for incorrect answers
Expected time to be taken
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
MAT Preparation for Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability
Reading comprehension refers to the understanding of the text provided and comprehending the ideas that the author wants to convey. The reading comprehension section generally consists of four to five passages with approximately 300-400 words each. Each passage will consist of five questions, students will be required to answer the questions on the basis of the passage. To improve one’s reading comprehension, he/she must follow the following points:
Assess your current reading by noting the time you take to read a passage. To know your capability pick a passage from any magazine, book, newspaper, or novel and note the instances where you lag for example difficulty in understanding a few words.
If you take time to understand a few words, focus on improving your vocabulary by creating flashcards of the words you were not able to relate to. Write the definition of the difficult words and twice or thrice take a quiz of yourself from the vocabulary you have written on your flashcard.
Vocabulary improves when you take pleasure in what you read. Hence, embrace whatever you read and don’t make it a constant chore.
Summarize every time to what you read and stop on the line where you start getting confused.
Try to read the passage aloud when you feel tired.
While reading, read the previous sections of the text to link with the later paragraphs.
While practicing, discuss the passage with friends on the basis of your understanding.
Tips to improve Verbal Ability
MAT verbal ability will be assessed by questions being asked from the topics such as, sentence rearrangement and completion, synonyms and antonyms, idioms, odd word out, sentence correction, and para jumbles. To improve range of expression and comprehension, starting from today follow the ways mentioned below:
Read, read and read
Reading is one of the essential ways to improve one’s vocabulary. You are advised to read from different genres and step out of your comfort zone. By reading from different genres you will run into new words. Make sure you take note of the new words and definitions.
Each day, a new word!
Promise to self to learn a new word each day from the text you read. Also, why not download the Vocabulary mobile application and make it a piece of cake? Applications such as Vocabulary.com, Magoosh Vocabulary Builder, Word to Word, and much more help you learn new words and their usage in a sentence.
Now that you are learning a new word each day, try to use that word in your daily life. Also, if you hear any new expressions, idioms or phrases try to inculcate them in sentences while talking to friends or family. It becomes easy to remember more often you use.
Getting bored? Watch a movie!
If you feel reading is getting boring and making you lazy, why not watch a movie?
Note - Don’t forget to play the subtitles and have your dictionary by your side.
Play Word Games
Make your learning fun by indulging yourself in word games. Visit your nearby game store and purchase the board games like Scrabble. Call your friends or family and play along. Scrabble requires problem-solving skills and a will to try to form new words.
Also, Check -
|MAT Preparation Tips 2022|
|Top B-schools Accepting MAT 2022 Scores and Cutoffs|
|MAT 2022 Exam: Common FAQs and Do’s and Don’ts related to IBT mode|
|Best Books for MAT Preparation 2022|
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 - Candidates can check the eligi...
MAT Exam Dates 2022- Know all the details about MAT 2022 exam ...
MAT Selection Procedure 2022 - Know the details of the selecti...
AIMA MAT 2022 IBT - All India Management Association (AIMA) wi...
Questions related to MAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
MAT 2018 question paper with solutions
You can find previous years MAT question paper and solutions by clicking on the link given below
What you need is to do only login using your email and click on free download, and you will get the question paper with solution on your email.
and I hope this will help you in boosting your performance in MAT preparation and will give you a brief idea of questions asked in exam.
I am trying to see my result in MAT may 2022 why its not showing from yesterday night till now
Hope you're doing well, if your results are already out and you're not able to view it, it's probably because of some site crash or server issue. I'll suggest you to clear your browsing history and then try again.
All the best!!
MIT pune ,my mat score is 518 am i eligible for MBA programme in MIT
MIT is one of leading private Institute which offer several courses in ug,PG, diploma,Phd . This college rank by many Authorities. This Institute rank 150th position by NIRF in year 2021 . This University take admission on the basis of several Entrance exam .
The cutoff for MBA in MIT pune is 65% and in score one should score more than 500 .
There many college which accept MAT score
- Ms ramaiah Institute of management
- Kristu jayanti Institute of management
- Accurate Institute of management and Technology
- Christ Institute of management
- iTM, Mumbai
- Sharda University
All the best!!
453.50 composite score in MAT and 23.44 percentile below. am i eligible for Jaipuria Institute for management For PGDM general
Yes you do have good possibilities with such a good score, to make an effective admission chances into Jaipuria Institute for Management, now there is 35% weightage given to your CMAT score, around 15% weightage to your personal interview performance, another few percentage of your 10th and 10+2 performance and rest to your extra curricular activities as well. Now there is also chance to get admission into other renowned colleges as well, hope you get your desired choice