CMAT 2023 Analysis & Expected Cutoff by Career Launcher - Available Now
CMAT 2023 Analysis & Expected Cutoff by Career Launcher - Career Launcher, one of the leading coaching institutions, has released the CMAT 2023 analysis and expected cutoff. The Common Management Aptitude Test, commonly known as CMAT, was conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in forenoon and an afternoon shift.
Stay up-to date with CMAT News
CMAT 2023 will be conducted in computer-based mode for a duration of three hours and half hour additional for the ones who opted new section namely, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. As per the CMAT exam analysis by Career Launcher, there was a change in the CMAT 2023 exam pattern this year. The exam analysis of CMAT by Career Launcher defines the CMAT 2023 paper for both the shifts as of moderate level. Read this article by Careers360 to learn more about the test pattern, section wise analysis, overall analysis, expected cut-off by Career Launcher and so forth.
CMAT Exam Analysis 2023 by Career Launcher
The CMAT paper included a negative marking. Each wrong attempt will receive a negative mark of 1 mark while each correct attempt received 4 marks. Unattempted questions will not award any negative markings. The division of the paper is described below.
Type of Questions
Number of questions
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
|25||100||Easy to moderate|
Previous year CMAT Analysis: Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
There were 25 questions in the section. The overall difficulty level was easy to moderate, higher than in previous years. A good percentage of questions came from Arithmetic.
|Topic||Sub-topic||Number of questions||Level of difficulty|
|4 Digit number||1||Moderate|
|Comparison of Rational numbers||1||Easy|
|Number Series + Number System - 2 statements||1||Easy-moderate|
|Time and work||2||Easy-moderate|
|Algebra||Quadratic Equations - 3 statements||1||Moderate|
|Function of X||1||Easy-moderate|
|Surd + Polynomial Expression||1||Moderate|
|Data Interpretation||Production of Sugar in five states A, B, C, D & E||1||Easy|
|Pie Chart- Family Income||1||Easy|
Previous year CMAT Analysis: Logical Reasoning (Verbal)
The difficulty level in this section was easy to moderate. There were a total of 8 oral reasoning questions out of a total of 25 questions. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward. The language used was simple and the basic knowledge of the candidate was tested.
|Topic||Number of questions||Level of difficulty|
Previous year CMAT Analysis: Logical Reasoning (Analytical)
There were 17 questions of math-based reasoning. There was a set of four questions on blood relations. Questions have appeared in areas such as code decoding, letter series, number series, analogy, missing number puzzles, distances.
|Topic||Number of questions||Level of difficulty|
|Visual reasoning (Series based)||1||Easy-moderate|
|Word based sequence|
Previous year CMAT Analysis: Language Comprehension
The section was easy compared to previous years. Reading Comprehension (RC) issues were moderate in difficulty. The RC questions were mainly facts-based and the passage was easy to understand. The RC passage revolved around the premise of the role of writers in the reform of society, with special reference to Tilak 's literature and his life. Vocabulary has come in the form of Synonyms, Fill in blanks, Word definition and usage matching. Vocab questions were pretty easy. In addition, the Fill in blank questions and sentence correction questions tested the basic knowledge of the candidate's grammar. In the white, there was one Idiom-based Fill in the Blanks. The questions of the Sentence. The arrangements were a bit tricky. Overall, all the questions could have been raised over a period of 30 to 40 minutes. The breakdown of the questions is as follows:
No of Questions
Level of Difficulty
Same meaning - Synonyms
Replacement of Underlined Para
Previous year CMAT Analysis: General Awareness
This year the General Awareness Section was dominated by questions from the Static GK. There were hardly any questions from the Current Affairs Section. The broad topics covered by the Static GK were Indian Politics, Business & Economics and International Affairs.
CMAT was mostly on the same lines as last year. There was no shortness of time. The dominance of the Static GK in the General Awareness section may prove to be a game-changing factor.
CMAT Exam Analysis: Previous Year
CMAT Analysis 2020 - Section Wise
As in the previous year's analysis, the general awareness section was the most difficult to attempt. This section covers questions of general knowledge and current affairs. This section consists mainly of questions from areas such as politics, the Indian constitution, famous personalities, and so on. According to the analysis, 6-7 issues arose from current affairs in the previous year and remained from static GK.
This section consists of questions based on verbal reasoning and analytical reasoning but most of the questions were based on analytical reasoning. The difficulty level in this section is expected to be easy to moderate. Let's take a look at the table below to find out which areas are covered by each topic.
Number of Questions
This section covers topics such as verbal ability and reading comprehension. Among the various reading comprehension passages, usually one is a long one, consisting of six questions. Whereas the other passages are made up of three questions. Approximately 15 questions are therefore asked in the reading comprehension passage.
Verbal Ability will include questions from the following areas:
Antonym and synonym
Identify correct sentence
Fill in the blanks
Identify part with error
Fact, inference and judgement
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
This section consisted of a total of 25 questions and the dominant areas continue to rotate. In 2019, geometry and arithmetic were the dominant themes. While in 2018 the dominant areas were number system and arithmetic. Therefore, in order to score well, candidates must focus mainly on the following areas:
The number of questions in the interpretation of the data was comparatively low. There were two questions from DI earlier, mainly from quantitative techniques. Applicants must therefore focus more on quantitative techniques for CMAT.
CMAT Exam Dates 2023- Check CMAT 2023 important dates related ...
CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips for General Awareness: Planning to ...
CMAT Score Vs Percentile 2023: What is CMAT Score vs Percentil...
CMAT Selection procedure 2023- The selection procedure of CMAT...
Questions related to CMAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
how many seats are there in CMAT exam for st category... what is the minimum cut off for st category to get seat in ABM course
Colleges have a fixed number of seats in their courses for which they shortlist a fixed number of candidates. The cutoff is calculated based on the score of the lowest-ranking candidate shortlisted for the selection process. IIM A, B and C require around 99.9 +%ile for A.B,C for general category, around 95%ile for OBC and around 90% for SC/ST. ST category required 30 in verbal percentile rank and 40 overall percentile rank. Colleges follow the reservation criteria set by the Government of India. The reservation percentile for ST(Scheduled Tribe) category is 7.5%.The CMAT cut off for ST category in 2017 [70.01 (percentile)] and in 2016 [75.22 (percentile)].
MY CMAT 2022 SCORE is 125 can i get admission in MBA colleges in pune?
Looking at the previous year CMAT Cutoff for various MBA Colleges in PUNE, with 125 marks in CMAT, you have good chances to get admission in MBA Colleges in Pune. The previous year Cutoff for various MBA Colleges in Pune was as follows :
Balaji Institute of International Business (BIIB) Sri Balaji University Pune - 80 to 100
ISBM Pune - 80 to 100
Balaji Institute Of Modern Management (BIMM) Sri Balaji University Pune - 80 to 100.
Further, to know more about the CMAT cutoff for MBA colleges for previous years, you can follow the below mentioned link to know more : https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/cmat-cutoff
I hope that this will help.
Will NTA release CMAT percentiles anytime soon?
Hope you are doing absolutely great.
So with regard to your query, generally NTA is the authority which release the CMAT score. on 29 April 2022 it released the CMAT scores. However, they consisted only the marks, there was no percentile given in that.
The percentile might be released soon by the authorities. Also as to when will they might be released was not mentioned in the official site or any notification. They might be released soon.
Hope this helps you,
Good luck, thank you.
my cmat score 2022 is 210 can I get admission in pumba?
CMAT 2022 cut-off for PUMBA is anticipated to be 210 marks or 96 percentile for Maharashtra students and above 99.0 percentile for Outside Maharashtra students (OMS).
For OMS, the percentile is higher due to which all India cutoff rises For PUMBA. Last year it was 99.8+ Percentile.
Eligibility for MBA++
Graduate with a 50% score or more ( 45% for OBC and PwD) in the 10+2+3 scheme from any University.
I hope it helps.