IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022: PI Shortlist (Released), Process
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2023: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Amritsar will release the MBA admission criteria of IIM Amritsar 2023-25 on its official website. IIM Amritsar 2022 admission criteria comprise two stages, the pre-personal interview process and shortlisting of candidates for the MBA program. Candidates will have to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed in this article to get admission into IIM Amritsar.
Firstly candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT. In the second stage, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the personal interview only if they fulfill the minimum cutoff criteria prescribed on the basis of CAT 2022. Read this article by Careers360 to know in detail about the minimum eligibility criteria, stages of selection, scoring of work experience, and academic and gender diversity.
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
IIM Amritsar Admission Dates 2023
Students must stay updated with the events pertaining to IIM admissions. Check the table below for the latest IIM Amritsar admission dates:
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria - Important Dates
CAT 2022 exam date
November 27, 2022 (Tentative)
CAT result 2022
First week of January 2023
Availability of IIM Amritsar 2023 PI shortlist
To be notified
|Final MBA admission result 2023-25||To be announced|
CAT Result 2022
IIM Bangalore, the conducting body will declare the CAT 2022 result tentatively in the first week of January 2023 at the official website. Only candidates who appeared for CAT 2022 will be able to download the CAT 2022 scorecard by entering their login credentials. CAT scorecard contains the sectional as well as the overall score and percentile of the candidates.
Post the declaration of the CAT result, IIMs, and other top B-schools will release their respective cutoff on the basis of the CAT score. Students qualifying for the CAT cutoff will be shortlisted for the admission process of the respective institutes.
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2023-25 - Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to take admission to IIM Amritsar MBA must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
Candidates must have a graduation degree with a minimum of 50 percent marks (5 percent relaxation will be given to the candidates belonging to the reserved category) in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
The conversion of CGPA or marks into percentages will be followed as per the norms of the university/institute from which the candidate has graduated. In case the institute/university does not provide any scheme of conversion then the IIM Amritsar will obtain the equivalence by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
Aspirants appearing for the final year examination of the qualifying exam can also apply provided they submit the required documents in the stipulated time.
B-Schools Accepting Scores - Location Wise
IIM Amritsar Admission 2023 - How to Apply
Candidates who are all interested to apply for IIM Amritsar MBA admission 2023 must have qualified for the cutoff of CAT 2022. Here is how you can apply for MBA admission to IIM Amritsar.
Step 1: Visit the official website of IIMA -iimamritsar.ac.in
Step 2: Click the MBA Admission in the menu bar.
Step 3: It will redirect the candidates to the registration page. From there, candidates have to enter their CAT 2022 registration ID, date of birth, and email ID.
Step 4: After entering the required details, click on the 'Register' button.
Step 5: The activation link will be sent to your registered email id. Using the link, log in to the IIM Amritsar application form 2023 page.
Step 6: Enter all the required information and click the submit button.
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2023- Stages
1. The details given here will outline the process that will be used to select meritorious candidates under each category of IIM Amritsar admission, i.e., General, NC-OBC, SC, ST, EWS, and PWD, for the Masters of Business Administration offered by the Indian Institute of Management Amritsar (IIM Amritsar) 2023-25.
2. The selection process, selection criteria, and weights are given to various parameters that are decided by the admissions committee each year.
3. There will be two stages in the IIM Amritsar admissions process. The first stage consists of shortlisting candidates for a Personal Interview (PI) and the second stage consists of shortlisting candidates for a decision regarding admission to the MBA.
4. A composite score of multiple parameters like marks in class 10 and class 12 board exams, marks in graduation, quality of work experience, gender, and academic diversity, and candidate's section-wise scores in CAT is used to judge the suitability of the candidate for the said program.
5. Candidates are advised to clearly enter their academic record details related to their branch of study in their graduation, class 12 and 10. Incorrect presentation of information will lead to misrepresentation, resulting in the loss of candidature.
Stage 1: IIM Amritsar Pre-Personal Interview (PI) Process
6. The first stage will be applied to all eligible candidates who have appeared for CAT 2022 to shortlist candidates for PI.
7. The first shortlist will consist of candidates who have secured a pre-determined minimum percentile score in each section and an overall score of CAT 2022. Candidates obtaining a positive raw score in all sections of the CAT 2022 exam will be considered. Further processing for PI will be done only for candidates who will be selected in this first shortlist.
The pre-determined minimum percentile cut-off scores applicable for the first shortlist for CAT 2022 for the MBA batch of 2023-2025 are given in below:
Minimum CAT percentile scores
Quantitative Aptitude (Percentile)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (Percentile)
Verbal & Reading Comprehension (Percentile)
Total (Overall Percentile)
|Section - 1||Section - 2||Section - 3|
|Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (OBC)||65||60||60||75|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||55||50||50||55|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||35||35||35||40|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||35||35||35||40|
8. The next processing for scores standardization and selection for PI will be limited to the shortlisted candidates.
9. The shortlisted candidate’s percentage scores in class 10 and 12 board exams will be initially adjusted by dividing each such score by the 90th percentile score obtained in their particular board.
10. An adjusted score will be calculated for the candidate's graduating discipline. This will be done by dividing the percentage of final scores that are obtained in the bachelor’s degree and/or professional degrees, by the 90th percentile score. Incomplete or intermediate graduate scores will only be considered if the candidate's final graduation score is pending. Thus, for final year bachelor’s degree candidates, their incomplete graduation score would be taken instead of their final graduation score.
11. The weights for the parameters are fixed as CAT score = 60 percent, 10th board = 5 percent, 12th board = 5 percent, Bachelors = 10 percent, Gender Diversity = 10 percent, and Work Experience = 10 percent for the shortlisted candidates.
Stage 2 - IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2023- Final Selection
12. The second stage of the selection process consists of the Personal Interview (PI).
13. At the time of the interview, the panel will evaluate each candidate's academic background, quality of work experience, and other personal traits.
14. Pre-PI scores and post-PI scores (with appropriate weightages) will be used in the final phase to select the candidates for the program. The selection process, parameters, and weights used will be equal for all categories of candidates. Sufficient candidates will be shortlisted at each stage from each social category to meet the reserve requirement for each group, as applicable for that particular admissions cycle.
15. The final ranking list of candidates will be based on the aggregate scores obtained after applying the following weights. (a) Personal Interview (PI) = 70%, (b) Work experience = 10%, (c) Gender diversity = 10%, and (d) Academic diversity = 10%.
16. The final offers of admission to candidates selected from each category will be made strictly on the basis of the final rank based on an aggregate score calculated.
Aggregate Score = 0.6 X Pre-PI Score + 0.4 X Post-PI Score
Let’s have a look at each component/ criteria in detail:
Work experience will carry a total weightage of 10%. The work experience will be considered only for candidates who have worked full time after their graduation till April 2023. However, for Students who have experience through internship/apprenticeship/training/project work/pre-graduation period/articles, such experiences will not be considered. Refer to the table below to know the allotment of marks as per experience
Weightage for Work Experience
Experience (in months)
Experience (in months)
Academic/ Gender Diversity
To ensure diversity on the basis of academics and gender the scores will be allotted in the following manner:
Weightage for Gender/Academic Diversity
Female/ Non-engineering Candidate
Male/ Engineering Candidate
Note - Students having a bachelor's degree other than technology/ engineering (B.E./ B.Tech or any other equivalent degree ) will be considered for academic diversity scoring.
Reservation policy of IIM Amritsar Admissions
IIM Amritsar will follow the reservation policy as prescribed by the Government of India for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEI).
IIM Amritsar Admission 2023 - Fees
IIM Amritsar will prescribe the fee for batch 2023-25. However, on the basis of the previous year's fee structure of IIM Amritsar, candidates can know the expected fee. Previous year the fee for the MBA batch was Rs. 13.20 lakhs wherein, whereas candidates had to pay 6.60 lakhs each year. IIM Amritsar admission 2023 fee will cover the following components:
Books & Case Material
IT & Computer
Hostel & Electricity
Medical & Students' Activities
The mess expense is expected to be Rs. 10,000 per month which is payable on an actual basis.
For any queries related to IIM Amritsar MBA admissions 2023-25, candidates can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
IIM Amritsar Final Placements
IIM Amritsar concluded its final placement for the MBA fifth batch by recording 100% placement. The placement drive of IIM Amritsar recorded the average CTC of Rs. 14.63 LPA and the highest CTC spiraled to Rs. 25.21 LPA. IIM Amritsar witnessed a record-breaking year-on-year growth of 15.38% in our Average CTC.
IIM Amritsar Placement Report 2022 - Highlights
Rs. 14.63 LPA
Highest domestic CTC
Rs. 25.21 LPA
Average of top quartile
Rs. 18.54 LPA
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022: PI Shortlist (Released), Process
Question: Who conducted CAT 2022?
CAT 2022 will be conducted by IIM Bangalore.
Question: When was the CAT 2022 examination be held?
CAT 2022 will be held on November 27, 2022.
Question: Does IIM Amritsar accounts both sectional and overall score of CAT?
Yes, candidates will be shortlisted for selection process of IIM Amritsar on the basis of their sectional as well as overall scores.
Question: Do I have to fill the seperate form for IIM Amritsar admission?
Yes, students will have to fill the application form for IIM Amritsar in online mode which is available on the official website, iimamritsar.ac.in.
Question: When will be the CAT 2022 result announced?
CAT 2022 result will be announced in the second week of January 2023.
IIM Amritsar Updates and Articles
IIM Amritsar Cutoff 2022 - IIM Amritsar will release the minim...
IIM Amritsar has completed the Summer Placement process of its...
The first batch of PGP at IIM Amritsar has been inaugurated on...
Questions related to IIM Amritsar
Hi All, I want to apply for IIMs and I have a query regarding EWS certificate. I had applied for EWS but I got it in my regional format (marathi). The college I am applying is not accepting this format. And I am confused of how to apply the format that they want. Does that format has any name ? TIA
Many institution give the format of the document required in their information brochure or at the official site. So visit the official site of CAT exam. There in the certificate section you will find the format of all the certificate required.
From there download the EWS certificate. And after proper attestation submit it.
Hope it helps.
Hi iam having dyslexia, and government hospital certificate for learning disability, can I get pwd (person with disabilities) quota in iim for mba
IIM has given the criteria for PwD under the " Rights of person with Disabilities Act 2006" and according to it, a person must not have disabilities less than 40% , which means disability should be 40% affective.
The categories of disabilities considered under the Act are as follows:
- Blindness and low vision.
- Deaf and hard of hearing.
- locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
- autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness.
hope this helps!
Cat = 76.45 percentile. with 65+ sectional. NC-OBC. 10th = 76% 12th = 73.6% B.Com = 73.15% Work ex = 14_15 months. Can I get a call from IIM Amritsar?
So even if you get a call you'll have to work extremely well in the subsequent selection processes to get a seat. Just give your 100 percent there.
Apart from that you can get other very good Institutes like
- IMI Delhi
- IMT Ghaziabad
- XIMB Bhubaneshwar
- GIM Goa
- BIM Trichy and other colleges
All the very best
Cat overall 82.98 percentile (VARC 91, DILR 63.96, QA 76.66) , work experience of 21 months as of Jan, OBC category, Academic scores are (9.3/91/72.66) Please advise best colleges which I should apply for P.G.D.M and MBA courses based on ROI and other criteria.
Congratulations for you commendable marks in your academics
If you want to go for IIM'S I guess you have to score more than 90% , apart from them you will get admissions is very good B-School offering MBA.
Thanks and regards
Hello, my CAT percentile is 82.04. QA- 58.09, VARC- 94.34, DILR- 70.18. My academics are as follows: 10th- 79.80%, 12th- 82.30%, Grad(engineering)- 65.93%. Category: SC. Which IIMs can I expect to get calls from?
You have secured a good percentile in CAT examination. As you have secured 8204 percentile in SC category, you have chance to get a call from good IIMs. Also ,After every CAT exam every IIM prepares a merit list to call candidates for next round of interview based on your aggregate score which comprises of many parameters such as CAT marks, 10th, 12th and graduation percentage, work experience, whose weight varies for all different IIMs. As per your percentile you will get call from all the old IIMs, as well as new IIMs. You will get call from:
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Indore
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM trichy
- IIM Shillong
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Vishakapatnam
- IIM Jammu and many more.
Once you get call from IIM, you have to go through the WAT exam and interview process. On clearing both an another merit list will be prepared, which will select you to get enter into IIM.