IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2021
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2021 - Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Amritsar has released the admission criteria for admission into PGP course for the academic year 2021-2023. IIM Amritsar admission criteria 2021 will comprise two stages. Candidates will have to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed in this article to get admission into IIM Amritsar. Firstly candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT. In the second stage, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the personal interview and written ability test only if they fulfil the minimum cutoff criteria prescribed on the basis of CAT 2020. Read this article by Careers360 to know in detail about the minimum eligibility criteria, stages of selection, scoring of work experience and academic and gender diversity.
Latest Update: IIM Indore has released CAT 2020 admit card on October 28. Candidates can take the CAT 2020 mock test to get familiar with the exam pattern.
IIM Amritsar Admission 2021 - Important Dates
Students must stay updated with the events pertaining to IIM admissions. Check the table below for latest updates:
Release of advertisement
July 29, 2020
Availability of CAT 2020 registration form
August 5, 2020 to September 23, 2020
CAT admit card
October 28, 2020
CAT 2020 exam
November 29, 2020
Declaration of CAT result
First week of January 2021
Availability of IIM Amritsar admission form
Second week of January 2021
List of shortlisted candidates
To be notified
Final Admission List
To be notified
IIM Indore the conducting body will declare the result of CAT 2020 tentatively in the first week of January 2021. Only candidates who will appear for CAT 2020 will be able to download the CAT 2020 scorecard by entering their login credentials. The scorecard of CAT 2020 will mention the sectional as well as overall score and percentile of the candidates. Post the declaration of the CAT 2020 result, IIMs and other top B-schools will release their respective cutoff on the basis of CAT score. Students qualifying the CAT cutoff will be shortlisted for admission process of the respective institutes.
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2021 - Eligibility Criteria
Candidate’s aspiring to take admission to IIM Amritsar MBA must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
Candidates must have a graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks (5% relaxation will be given to the candidates belonging to reserved category) in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
The conversion of CGPA or marks into percentage will be followed as per the norms of the university/institute from which the candidate has graduated. In case the institute/university does not provide any scheme of conversion then the IIM Amritsar will obtain the equivalence by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
Aspirants appearing for the final year examination of the qualifying exam can also apply provided they submit the required documents in the stipulated time.
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2021 - Stages
1. The following is the process which will be used to select meritorious candidates under each category of admission, i.e., General, NC-OBC, SC, ST, EWS and PWD, to the Masters of Business Administration in Business Analytics (MBA-BA) offered by Indian Institute of Management Amritsar (IIM Amritsar) 2021-23.
2. The selection process, selection criteria and weights are given to various parameters are decided by the Admissions Committee each year. The Admission Committee finalizes the process, fixes these criteria and weights at the beginning of each admission cycle prior to CAT to ensure that the admissions process is objective.
3. There will be two stages in the admissions process. The first stage consists of shortlisting candidates for Personal Interview (PI) and the second stage consists of shortlisting candidates for a decision regarding admission to the MBA-BA.
4. A composite score of multiple parameters like marks in 10th and 12th Board exams, marks of Graduation Program, quality of work experience, gender and academic diversity, and candidate's section-wise scores in CAT is used to judge the suitability of the candidate for the said programme.
5. Candidates are advised to clearly show marks and other such information at the 10th, 12th, and graduation level, and information related to their branch of study in their graduation. Incorrect presentation of information will lead to misrepresentation, resulting in the loss of candidature.
Stage 1: Pre - Personal Interview (PI) Process
6. The first stage will be applied to all eligible candidates who have appeared for CAT 2020 to shortlist candidates for PI.
7. The first shortlist will consist of candidates who have secured a pre-determined minimum percentile score in each section and an overall score of CAT 2020. Candidates obtaining a positive raw score in all sections of CAT-2020 will be considered. Further processing for PI/WAT will be done only for candidates who will be selected in this first shortlist. The pre-determined minimum percentile cut-off scores applicable for the first shortlist for CAT 2020 for the MBA-BA batch of 2021-2023 are given in Table 1.
Quantitative Aptitude (Percentile)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (Percentile)
Verbal & Reading Comprehension (Percentile)
Total (Overall Percentile)
|Section - 1||Section - 2||Section - 3|
|Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes||65||60||60||75|
|Persons with Disabilities||35||35||35||40|
8. The next processing for scores standardization and selection for PI will be limited to the shortlisted candidates.
9. The shortlisted candidate’s percentage scores in the 10th and 12th board exams will be initially adjusted by dividing each such score by the 90th percentile score obtained in their particular board.
10. An adjusted score will be calculated for the candidates graduating discipline. This will be done by dividing the percentage final scores that are obtained in the bachelors’ degree and/or professional degrees, by the 90th percentile score. Incomplete or intermediate graduate scores will only be considered if the candidate's final graduation score is pending. Thus, for final year bachelor’s degree candidates, their incomplete graduation score would be taken instead of their final graduation score.
11. The weights for the parameters are fixed as CAT score = 60 percent, 10th board = 5 percent, 12th board = 5 percent, Bachelors = 10 percent, Gender Diversity = 10 percent, and Work Experience = 10 percent for the shortlisted candidates.
Stage 2 - IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2021 - Final Selection
12. The second stage of the selection process consists of the Personal Interview (PI).
13. At the time of the interview, the panel will evaluate each candidate's academic background, quality of work experience and other personal traits.
14. Pre-PI scores and PI scores (with appropriate weightages) will be used in the final phase to select the candidates for the program. The selection process, parameters and weights used will be equal for all categories of candidates. Sufficient candidates will be shortlisted at each stage from each social category to meet the reservation requirement for each group, as applicable for that particular admissions' cycle.
15. The final ranking list of candidates will be based on the aggregate scores obtained after applying the following weights. (a) 10th board marks=5 percent, (b) 12th board marks=5 percent, (c) bachelors / professional degree marks=5 percent, (d) work experience=5 percent, (e) gender diversity = 5 percent, (f) CAT=45 percent and (g) PI=30 percent.
16. The final offers of admission to candidates selected from each category will be made strictly on the basis of the final rank based on an aggregate score calculated.
Final merit list by IIM Amritsar will be prepared on the following criteria:
Candidates will be offered final admission on the basis of their performance in personal interview and written ability test. The final scores for selection will be derived on the basis of the following components and their weightage.
Components of Final Selection
10th board marks
12th board marks
Bachelor/professional degree marks
Let’s have a look upon each component/ criteria in detail:
Work experience will carry a total weightage of 10%. The work experience will be considered only candidates who have worked in full time after their graduation till April 30, 2021. However, Students who have experience through internship/apprenticeship/training/project work/pre-graduation period/articleship, such experiences will not be considered. Refer the table below to know the allotment of marks as per experience
Weightage for Work Experience
Experience (in months)
Experience (in months)
Academic/ Gender Diversity
To ensure diversity on the basis of academics and gender the scores will be allotted in the following manner:
Weightage for Gender/Academic Diversity
Female/ Non-engineering Candidate
Male/ Engineering Candidate
Note - Students having a bachelor's degree other than technology/engineering (B.E./ B.Tech or any other equivalent degree ) will be considered for academic diversity scoring.
Reservation policy of IIM Amritsar Admissions
IIM Amritsar will follow the reservation policy as prescribed by the Government of India for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEI).
IIM Amritsar Admission 2021 - Fees
IIM Amritsar will prescribe the fee for the batch 2021-23. However on the basis of previous year fee structure of IIM Amritsar, candidates can know the expected fee for batch 2021-23. Previous year the fee for the MBA batch was Rs. 12 lakhs wherein, candidates have to pay 6 lakhs for each year. IIM Amritsar admission 2021 fee will cover the following components:
Books & Case Material
IT & Computer
Hostel & Electricity
Medical & Students' Activities
The mess expense is expected to be Rs. 10,000 per month which is payable on an actual basis.
IIM Amritsar Placement
IIM Amritsar concluded its final placement for the MBA04 batch by recording 100% placement. The placement drive of IIM Amritsar recorded the average CTC of Rs. 12.61 LPA and the highest CTC spiralled to Rs. 40 LPA, marking 90% YOY increase.
IIM Amritsar Placement Report 2020 - Highlights
Rs. 12.61 LPA
Highest domestic CTC
Rs. 40 LPA
Average of top quartile
Rs. 17.86 LPA
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2021
Question: Who will conduct CAT 2020?
CAT 2020 will be conducted by IIM Indore.
Question: When will the CAT 2020 examination be held?
CAT 2020 is scheduled to be held on November 29, 2020.
Question: Does IIM Amritsar accounts both sectional and overall score of CAT?
Yes, candidates will be shortlisted for selection process of IIM Amritsar on the basis of their sectional as well as overall scores.
Question: Do I have to fill the seperate form for IIM Amritsar admission?
Yes, students will have to fill the application form for IIM Amritsar in online mode which will be available soon after CAT result is declared.
Question: When will be the CAT 2020 result announced?
CAT 2020 result will be announced tentatively in first week of January 2021.
IIM Amritsar Updates and Articles
IIM Amritsar has completed the Summer Placement process of its...
The first batch of PGP at IIM Amritsar has been inaugurated on...
Questions related to IIM Amritsar
I have scored 9.6 cgpa in 10th, 68.8% in 12th and 8.6 cgpa in engineering. my cat score is 96% what all iims can i expect.
When you score well in CAT exam you definitely feel that your dream to be in IIM is gonna get fulfilled soon and you search for colleges based on your percentile.
But academics also is equally important to get a call from IIMs
Hence to make your search easier I would suggest https://bschool.careers360.com/pathfinder/cat
which will give you better result from which IIMs you will get a call
ALL THE BEST!!!
Feel free to reply if you still have a doubt!
What is the actual percentile required for an OBC candidate to get into new or baby IIMs (apart from cutoffs)?
only for private universities like amity sharda or maybe some from ghaziabad ccs universities......
Iim amritsar cut off is 80 percentile and iim shillong 75
Based in CAT 2019, IIM Shillong and IIM Amritsar has released the cutoff list for admission into academic year 2020-22.
IIM AMRITSAR has 85 percentile as cut off for general category along with sectional cut offs. Furthermore, unlike other IIMs, IIM Shillong does not release the overall cutoff of CAT. The cutoff for Shillong takes into consideration SSC, HSC and graduation score as well. You can visit the following link for detailed cut off:-
Most of the people who got New and main IIM calls are not getting shortlisted for IIM Amritsar. Can anyone clarify what is the situation, is IIM Amritsar yet to update their calls?
IIM Amritsar has released their cut offs for this Academic session and they look like this:
IIM Asr admission process has 2 phases: Personal Interview, Written Test followed by shortlisting Candidates for decision regarding admission to the MBA programme. The Institutions uses a composite score of marks in 10th, 12th, Graduation, work experience, gender and academic divrsity and CAT sectional scores. Personal Interview and Written Test is applicable to all eligible stidents who have appeared for CAT 2019. Once the Candidates are shortlisted based on the CAT scores, the weightage is calculated as follows:
CAT score: 45%
10th board: 10%
12th board: 10%
Gender Diversity: 10%
Work experience: 5%
The merit list is prepared based on this criteria. Post Personal Interview and Written test, the final ranking list is prepared based on the aggregate cores after applying the following weightage:
10th marks: 5%
12th marks: 5%
Work experience: 10%
Academic diversity: 5%
Gender diversity: 5%
Personal Interview: 25%
For more information, please visit our page at: http://iimamritsar.ac.in/uploads/c12da32be70b876ae6a387726e534573.pdf
Having said this, IIM Asr has updated the Application status of its Candidates and it can be checked at: http://iimamritsar.ac.in/admission/apply/mba-2020/home
Hi All, I want to apply for IIMs and I have a query regarding EWS certificate. I had applied for EWS but I got it in my regional format (marathi). The college I am applying is not accepting this format. And I am confused of how to apply the format that they want. Does that format has any name ? TIA
Many institution give the format of the document required in their information brochure or at the official site. So visit the official site of CAT exam. There in the certificate section you will find the format of all the certificate required.
From there download the EWS certificate. And after proper attestation submit it.
Hope it helps.