IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022 (Released): Process, Eligibility, Fees
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Amritsar has released the MBA admission criteria 2022-24 on its official website. IIM Amritsar 2022 application form is also available now where candidates can register using their CAT ID, date of birth, and email address.
Candidates will have to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed in this article to get admission into IIM Amritsar. IIM Amritsar 2022 admission criteria comprise of two stages, pre-personal interview process and shortlisting candidates for the MBA program. Firstly candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT. In the second stage, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the personal interview only if they fulfill the minimum cutoff criteria prescribed on the basis of CAT 2021. Read this article by Careers360 to know in detail about the minimum eligibility criteria, stages of selection, scoring of work experience, and academic and gender diversity.
Ongoing MBA Admission 2022
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||Apply now|
|Goa Institute of Management||Apply now|
IIM Amritsar Admission Dates 2022
Students must stay updated with the events pertaining to IIM admissions. Check the table below for the latest IIM Amritsar admission dates:
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria - Important Dates
November 28, 2021
CAT result 2021
Second week of January 2022
Availability of IIM Amritsar 2022 application form
Last date to send confirmation for the online process
To be announced
|MBA result||To be announced|
CAT Result 2021
IIM Ahmedabad, the conducting body will declare the CAT 2021 result on the second week of January 2022. Only candidates who appeared for CAT 2021 will be able to download the CAT 2021 scorecard by entering their login credentials. CAT scorecard contains the sectional as well as the overall score and percentile of the candidates. Post the declaration of the CAT result, IIMs, and other top B-schools will release their respective cutoff on the basis of the CAT score. Students qualifying for the CAT cutoff will be shortlisted for the admission process of the respective institutes.
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022-24 - Eligibility Criteria
Candidate’s aspiring to take admission to IIM Amritsar MBA must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
Candidates must have a graduation degree with a minimum of 50 percent marks (5 percent relaxation will be given to the candidates belonging to the reserved category) in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
The conversion of CGPA or marks into percentages will be followed as per the norms of the university/institute from which the candidate has graduated. In case the institute/university does not provide any scheme of conversion then the IIM Amritsar will obtain the equivalence by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
Aspirants appearing for the final year examination of the qualifying exam can also apply provided they submit the required documents in the stipulated time.
IIM Amritsar Admission 2022 - How to Apply
Candidates who are all interested to apply for IIM Amritsar MBA admission 2022, have to clear the cutoff of CAT 2021. Here is how you can apply for MBA admission in IIM Amritsar.
Step 1: Visit the official website of IIMA -iimamritsar.ac.in
Step 2: Click the MBA Admission in the menu bar.
Step 3: It will redirect the candidates to the registration page. From there, candidates have to enter their CAT 2021 registration ID, date of birth, and email ID.
Step 4: After entering the required details, click on the 'Register' button.
Step 5: The activation link will be sent to your registered email id. Using the link, log in to the IIM Amritsar application form 2022 page.
Step 6: Enter all the required information and click the submit button.
IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022- Stages
1. The details given here will outline the process that will be used to select meritorious candidates under each category of IIM Amritsar admission, i.e., General, NC-OBC, SC, ST, EWS, and PWD, for the Masters of Business Administration offered by the Indian Institute of Management Amritsar (IIM Amritsar) 2022-24.
2. The selection process, selection criteria, and weights are given to various parameters that are decided by the admissions committee each year.
3. There will be two stages in the IIM Amritsar admissions process. The first stage consists of shortlisting candidates for Personal Interview (PI) and the second stage consists of shortlisting candidates for a decision regarding admission to the MBA.
4. A composite score of multiple parameters like marks in class 10 and class 12 board exams, marks in graduation, quality of work experience, gender, and academic diversity, and candidate's section-wise scores in CAT is used to judge the suitability of the candidate for the said program.
5. Candidates are advised to clearly enter their academic record details related to their branch of study in their graduation, class 12 and 10. Incorrect presentation of information will lead to misrepresentation, resulting in the loss of candidature.
Stage 1: IIM Amritsar Pre - Personal Interview (PI) Process
6. The first stage will be applied to all eligible candidates who have appeared for CAT 2021 to shortlist candidates for PI.
7. The first shortlist will consist of candidates who have secured a pre-determined minimum percentile score in each section and an overall score of CAT 2021. Candidates obtaining a positive raw score in all sections of CAT 2021 exam will be considered. Further processing for PI/ WAT will be done only for candidates who will be selected in this first shortlist. The pre-determined minimum percentile cut-off scores applicable for the first shortlist for CAT 2021 for the MBA batch of 2022-2024 are given in below:
Minimum CAT percentile scores
Quantitative Aptitude (Percentile)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (Percentile)
Verbal & Reading Comprehension (Percentile)
Total (Overall Percentile)
|Section - 1||Section - 2||Section - 3|
|Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (OBC)||65||60||60||75|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||55||50||50||55|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||35||35||35||40|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||35||35||35||40|
8. The next processing for scores standardization and selection for PI will be limited to the shortlisted candidates.
9. The shortlisted candidate’s percentage scores in class 10 and 12 board exams will be initially adjusted by dividing each such score by the 90th percentile score obtained in their particular board.
10. An adjusted score will be calculated for the candidates graduating discipline. This will be done by dividing the percentage final scores that are obtained in the bachelors’ degree and/or professional degrees, by the 90th percentile score. Incomplete or intermediate graduate scores will only be considered if the candidate's final graduation score is pending. Thus, for final year bachelor’s degree candidates, their incomplete graduation score would be taken instead of their final graduation score.
11. The weights for the parameters are fixed as CAT score = 60 percent, 10th board = 5 percent, 12th board = 5 percent, Bachelors = 10 percent, Gender Diversity = 10 percent, and Work Experience = 10 percent for the shortlisted candidates.
Stage 2 - IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022- Final Selection
12. The second stage of the selection process consists of the Personal Interview (PI).
13. At the time of the interview, the panel will evaluate each candidate's academic background, quality of work experience, and other personal traits.
14. Pre-PI scores and post-PI scores (with appropriate weightages) will be used in the final phase to select the candidates for the program. The selection process, parameters, and weights used will be equal for all categories of candidates. Sufficient candidates will be shortlisted at each stage from each social category to meet the reserve requirement for each group, as applicable for that particular admissions cycle.
15. The final ranking list of candidates will be based on the aggregate scores obtained after applying the following weights. (a) Personal Interview (PI) = 70%, (b) Work experience = 10%, (c) Gender diversity = 10%, and (d) Academic diversity = 10%.
16. The final offers of admission to candidates selected from each category will be made strictly on the basis of the final rank based on an aggregate score calculated.
Aggregate Score = 0.6 X Pre-PI Score + 0.4 X Post-PI Score
Let’s have a look at each component/ criteria in detail:
Work experience will carry a total weightage of 10%. The work experience will be considered only candidates who have worked full time after their graduation till April 30, 2022. However, for Students who have experience through internship/apprenticeship/training/project work/pre-graduation period/articles, such experiences will not be considered. Refer the table below to know the allotment of marks as per experience
Weightage for Work Experience
Experience (in months)
Experience (in months)
Academic/ Gender Diversity
To ensure diversity on the basis of academics and gender the scores will be allotted in the following manner:
Weightage for Gender/Academic Diversity
Female/ Non-engineering Candidate
Male/ Engineering Candidate
Note - Students having a bachelor's degree other than technology/engineering (B.E./ B.Tech or any other equivalent degree ) will be considered for academic diversity scoring.
Reservation policy of IIM Amritsar Admissions
IIM Amritsar will follow the reservation policy as prescribed by the Government of India for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEI).
IIM Amritsar Admission 2022 - Fees
IIM Amritsar will prescribe the fee for batch 2022-24. However, on the basis of the previous year's fee structure of IIM Amritsar, candidates can know the expected fee. Previous year the fee for the MBA batch was Rs. 13.20 lakhs wherein, candidates had to pay 6.60 lakhs for each year. IIM Amritsar admission 2022 fee will cover the following components:
Books & Case Material
IT & Computer
Hostel & Electricity
Medical & Students' Activities
The mess expense is expected to be Rs. 10,000 per month which is payable on an actual basis.
For any queries related to IIM Amritsar MBA admissions 2022-24, candidates can email it to email@example.com
IIM Amritsar Placements
IIM Amritsar concluded its final placement for the MBA fifth batch by recording 100% placement. The placement drive of IIM Amritsar recorded the average CTC of Rs. 12.68 LPA and the highest CTC spiraled to Rs. 18.16 LPA as international recruiters didnt participate in IIM Amritsar 2019-21 placements
IIM Amritsar Placement Report 2021 - Highlights
Rs. 12.68 LPA
Highest domestic CTC
Rs. 18.16 LPA
Average of top quartile
Rs. 15.94 LPA
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - IIM Amritsar Admission Criteria 2022 (Released): Process, Eligibility, Fees
Question: Who conducted CAT 2021?
CAT 2021 was conducted by IIM Ahmedabad.
Question: When was the CAT 2021 examination be held?
CAT 2021 was held on November 28, 2021.
Question: Does IIM Amritsar accounts both sectional and overall score of CAT?
Yes, candidates will be shortlisted for selection process of IIM Amritsar on the basis of their sectional as well as overall scores.
Question: Do I have to fill the seperate form for IIM Amritsar admission?
Yes, students will have to fill the application form for IIM Amritsar in online mode which is available on the official website, iimamritsar.ac.in.
Question: When will be the CAT 2021 result announced?
CAT 2021 result will be announced in second week of January 2022.
IIM Amritsar Updates and Articles
IIM Amritsar has completed the Summer Placement process of its...
The first batch of PGP at IIM Amritsar has been inaugurated on...
Questions related to IIM Amritsar
I have scored around 90.25% in my 10th and I have scored 82% in my 12th but in B-tech I have scored only 58.5%. So if I get into a decent B-School (as Im planning to write CAT) will my previous academics effect during the placements in B-Schools?
Master of Business Administration or MBA is a two year post-graduate programme offered by many institutes in India. However, the admission for the same is not done just on the basis of your 10th, 12th and graduation marks but rather on various other factors like score in mba entrance, performance in GDPI/ WAT rounds, and work experience. Also these marks are not only relevant at the time of placement but also at the time of admission. But if you work hard and try scoring a percentile above 95 in CAT then you can get into good bschools of india. For top IIIMs try getting a percentile as high as possible.
You can visit the link below for top mba colleges in india: https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/ranking
I have scored 9.6 cgpa in 10th, 68.8% in 12th and 8.6 cgpa in engineering. my cat score is 96% what all iims can i expect.
When you score well in CAT exam you definitely feel that your dream to be in IIM is gonna get fulfilled soon and you search for colleges based on your percentile.
But academics also is equally important to get a call from IIMs
Hence to make your search easier I would suggest https://bschool.careers360.com/pathfinder/cat
which will give you better result from which IIMs you will get a call
ALL THE BEST!!!
Feel free to reply if you still have a doubt!
What is the actual percentile required for an OBC candidate to get into new or baby IIMs (apart from cutoffs)?
only for private universities like amity sharda or maybe some from ghaziabad ccs universities......
Iim amritsar cut off is 80 percentile and iim shillong 75
Based in CAT 2019, IIM Shillong and IIM Amritsar has released the cutoff list for admission into academic year 2020-22.
IIM AMRITSAR has 85 percentile as cut off for general category along with sectional cut offs. Furthermore, unlike other IIMs, IIM Shillong does not release the overall cutoff of CAT. The cutoff for Shillong takes into consideration SSC, HSC and graduation score as well. You can visit the following link for detailed cut off:-
Most of the people who got New and main IIM calls are not getting shortlisted for IIM Amritsar. Can anyone clarify what is the situation, is IIM Amritsar yet to update their calls?
IIM Amritsar has released their cut offs for this Academic session and they look like this:
IIM Asr admission process has 2 phases: Personal Interview, Written Test followed by shortlisting Candidates for decision regarding admission to the MBA programme. The Institutions uses a composite score of marks in 10th, 12th, Graduation, work experience, gender and academic divrsity and CAT sectional scores. Personal Interview and Written Test is applicable to all eligible stidents who have appeared for CAT 2019. Once the Candidates are shortlisted based on the CAT scores, the weightage is calculated as follows:
CAT score: 45%
10th board: 10%
12th board: 10%
Gender Diversity: 10%
Work experience: 5%
The merit list is prepared based on this criteria. Post Personal Interview and Written test, the final ranking list is prepared based on the aggregate cores after applying the following weightage:
10th marks: 5%
12th marks: 5%
Work experience: 10%
Academic diversity: 5%
Gender diversity: 5%
Personal Interview: 25%
For more information, please visit our page at: http://iimamritsar.ac.in/uploads/c12da32be70b876ae6a387726e534573.pdf
Having said this, IIM Asr has updated the Application status of its Candidates and it can be checked at: http://iimamritsar.ac.in/admission/apply/mba-2020/home