DU MBA Admission 2020-21: Released 14th List of Provisionally Selected Candidates
DU MBA Admission 2020-21: Delhi University (DU) released the fourteenth list of provisionally selected candidates for MBA programme on September 3. The admission forms of DU MBA were available from November 25, 2019. The last date to fill the DU MBA application form 2020-21 was January 6, 2020. DU MBA admission form was available in online mode only. Delhi University uses CAT 2019 percentile for short-listing the candidates for our Post-graduate Programme i.e. MBA in HRD and MBA in IB. IIMs do not have any role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the MBA programmes. DU MBA admission to (HRD) and (IB) courses was to be done through three-layered processes including CAT 2019 percentile, matriculation and SSC and HSC marks, GD, extempore and Interview scores. However, due to COVID 19 the interview GD/PI stands has been cancelled. Category wise list has been issued. Admission to MBA programme is based on CAT 2019 score as provided by CAT centre, Class X and Class XII marks. Read the full article to know more about DU MBA 2020 such as its important dates, application procedure, eligibility criteria, releasing of admit card and result, selection process, etc.
LATEST: The fourteenth shortlist for the admissions in MBA (HRD) and MBA (IB) courses released on September 3. Click Here to check.
DU MBA Admission 2020-21: Important Dates
Candidates can check the DU MBA admission 2020-21 dates which are listed below. Given dates in the table are updated as per latest notifications of DU.
Schedule of DU MBA Admission 2020-21
DU MBA admission registration starts
November 25, 2019
Last date of DU MBA admission registration
January 6, 2020
Declaration of result
14 Lists Released
Eligibility Criteria for DU MBA Admission 2020-21
Delhi University prescribes the eligibility criteria for DU MBA admission 2020. Before applying for DU MBA candidates must meet the following parameters for eligibility for MBA from Delhi University.
Candidates should have done a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from the University of Delhi or any other University recognised as an equivalent thereto
Candidates who are pursuing their final year of graduation were also eligible to apply for MBA from Delhi University.
Minimum Marks: At least 50% marks in aggregate (For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/CW, relaxation in eligibility would be as per University rules)
Age Limit: There is no age bar to fill the DU MBA admission form
CAT 2019 scores are a must
DU MBA: Application Form 2020
The University commenced the registration process for DU MBA admission on November 29, 2019. DU MBA admission form was available in online mode till January 6, 2020. Step by step guide for the applicant which they can go through to apply for the DU MBA application form. A total of 188 seats is offered by DU in both MBA-HRD and MBA-IB.
How to fill DU MBA Application Form 2020?
Candidates can follow the provided instructions while applying for the DU MBA application form 2020.
Step 1: Registration
Candidates have to visit the official website to register for DU MBA admission. While registering candidates need to provide a few details such as name, last name, gender, date of birth etc. After completion of the DU MBA 2020 registration, candidates receive login credentials on their registered email ID.
Step 2: Fill the DU MBA Application Form 2020
Before filling DU MBA application form candidates have to login by using their credentials such as User name and Password. Candidates will have to provide their personal details, educational qualification and also “Best of four” marks in the application form of DU MBA 2020.
Step 3: Upload Documents
Now candidates need to upload all the following relevant documents while filling the DU MBA admission form 2020-21.
Scanned Passport size photograph of the candidate
Scanned signature of the candidate
Self-attested class X mark sheet/ certificate containing the date of birth.
Self-attested Class XII mark sheet/ certificate
Self-attested Graduation degree or final year mark sheet
Self-attested copy of OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ KM/ CW caste certificate (if applicable)
Self-attested copies of ECA certificate/ Sports (if applicable)
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
Candidates will have to pay category wise application fee for the DU MBA admission 2020-21 be it for MBA HRD or MBA IB:
The DU MBA 2020 application fee can be paid via the following mode:
DU MBA: Selection Procedure 2020
The admission to MBA (HRD) and MBA (IB) courses was to be done on the basis of CAT percentile, matriculation and 10+2 marks, Group Discussion, extempore and Interview scores. But due to COVID 19 situations, the GD-PI rounds were cancelled.
-> Earlier while shortlisting for final selection for DU MBA admission 2020 the following weightage system is followed:
It was mandatory to appear in Group discussion, extempore and personal interview.
->But now, The following weight-system has been applied for drawing the merit list of final selection:
1. CAT 2019 Score - 60%
2. Marks obtained in Class X - 5%
3. Marks obtained in Class XII - 5%
Note-An additional 3% of the maximum aggregate marks (i.e. 3% of 70%) shall be awarded to the shortlisted women candidates.
-> There is no separate weightage for work experience.
-> As per the past year trend, the number of seats in order to each category.
Number of seats
-> The following grade system will be used for the marks obtained in Class 10th, 12th marks in Maths/ Business Maths.
Grading System Adopted for Marks
More than 95%
More than 90% but less than 95%
More than 85% but less than 90%
More than 80% but less than 85%
More than 75% but less than 80%
More than 70% but less than 80%
More than 65% but less than 70%
More than 60% but less than 65%
More than 55% but less than 60%
More than 50% but less than 55%
Less than 50%
DU MBA: Cutoff 2020
Delhi University releases category wise cut off list. DU MBA admission cutoff list is prepared on the basis of a few parameters such as difficulty level of the exam, number of qualifying candidates, number of seats available, number of test-takers etc. Those candidates who are able to secure cut off marks as prescribed by Delhi University get admission into the offered programme.
DU MBA Category & Course Wise Previous Year Cutoff Marks 2020
MBA (Financial Management)
MBA (Business Economics)
All the candidates who applied for DU MBA are called for further procedure.
CW (Child of Widow)
A list will be prepared accordingly for the CW category.
All the candidates who applied for DU MBA are called for further procedure.
DU MBA: Result 2020
Earlier, after the completion of the selection rounds of DU MBA admission 2020, the conducting body was to release the final merit list. The final merit list of DU MBA 2020 was to be prepared on the basis of the CAT 2019 score, Group Discussion & Personal Interview and past educational qualification details. But now, the results have been declared without GD-PI rounds.
Note- Candidates are required to complete the selection process in online mode till September 10 to 13 (10:00 am to 4:00 pm) and have to deposit fees of Rs.15,696/-(Approx.) as per University of Delhi rules.
DU MBA: Seats 2020
For the years 2020, Delhi University has a total intake of 188 candidates for both courses i.e. MBA (HRD) and MBA (IB). Given in the picture is the division of seats:
FMS DU MBA Fee Structure (As per last year trend)
|Course||Total Fees (For 2 years)|
|Executive Master of Business Administration||Rs 50,000|
|Executive MBA (Health Care Administration)||Rs 50,000|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - DU MBA Admission 2020-21: Released 14th List of Provisionally Selected Candidates
Question: What is the eligibility criteria for MBA in Business Economics?
Candidates should have done their Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Maths/ Business Maths at Intermediate level.
Question: How many seats are available for General Category Candidates?
As per the past year trend, there were 41 seats for General category candidates.
Question: When will the GD/ PI round be conducted?
DU MBA admission GD & PI round tentatively to be conducted in the last week of August 2020.
Questions related to DU Delhi
Sir, I want to apply for BA Hons. political science in Lady Shree ram college , Delhi university . Can you please provide me information regarding this??
- Registration on the UG portal (https://ug.du.ac.in/) . You need an e-mail id to register. Applicants who do not have a valid e-mail ID must create an e-mail ID before proceeding. The applicants will be eligible to take admission in all the colleges and courses provided they satisfy the cut-off of the colleges and the eligibility for the selected courses. Please fill the application form carefully.
- Payment of the registration fees. The application form will be deemed submitted only when the applicant has paid the relevant registration fee. When the applicant has successfully submitted the registration fee online, they are advised to keep records of the payment’s transaction ID, Credit Card/Debit card/Net Banking details and date of transaction as proof for future reference.
- Reopening of the portal. The application will be allowed to update the marks and make minor corrections in the form during this window provided to them. This will only be a one time process.
- Declaration of Cut-off. The University shall declare a minimum of five Cut-Offs. In case, there are still some vacant seats left, further Cut-Offs may be announced by the University. There will be a special Cut-Off only for those candidates who could not/ did not take admission in the initial five Cut-Offs.
- Selection of Course and College. At a time, during cut-off list, the applicant is required to log-in and is allowed to choose only one course and one college. Multiple simultaneous admissions are not permitted. Please note selection of applicant’s college and course can be made only online through their own Dashboard on the UG admissions portal. There will be no physical visit to the colleges at this point in the process. Students have to complete this process in a limited time given.
- An online verification process will be done by respective colleges . In case of lack of necessary documents, candidate to be contacted on email/phone so that the same may be provided. The admission would be declined if candidate not responded.
- Payment of fees to confirm admission . Once the Principal of the College has approved their admission, the applicant will receive a link on their Dashboard on the UG Admissions portal through which they must submit the college/course fees due. It is extremely important that applicants pay the fee within the timeframe allocated, failing which it will be concluded that the applicant is not interested in the course of study at that college, and the admission will be automatically cancelled. Once the applicant has gained admission, they will have to sign an online declaration
- Physical verification of the original documents. The uploaded documents will be verified by the respective colleges. If at this stage it is found that the information given by the applicant is not supported by the documents presented, the admission will be immediately cancelled. No fees will be refunded in such cases.
For other information, you can click here ( https://lsr.edu.in/admissions/admission-procedure/ )
Merit is based on 12th score. 2020 final cutoffs for LSR political science (BA HONS.) were:
Hope, it helps!
All the best.
how can I apply for bsc in genetics in bhu or du? are there any common exam for the same
You need to fill the respective college admission forms for getting admission in BHU or DU or any other colleges/universities . Admission procedure is being hold in online mood this year .So, please check respective colleges websites and fill the forms.
Which college in DU has the best hostel especially for girls ? ( who want to pursue B.A economics honours ) ??
I'm not sure about any other college but can give you surety for my college Sri Guru Gobind Singh college of Commerce, DU. First of all, it's a great college to pursue Economic hons and the faculty is really nice.
And coming back to your question, there is only one hostel in this college only for girls and it's newly constructed, not more than 4-5 years old. It's inside the main campus, a police woman is always on the gate of the hostel and guards at the main gate of college, rules and regulations are quite strict. Security and facilities given are really good. You can surely try it out.
which College in DU has the best hostel facilities especially for girls ?
Your question is incomplete. Which course you want to do ? Because all college's won't offers all courses.
As you profile says that you are Law aspirant then I'm giving information related to Law Colleges having girls hostel facilities.
Law Colleges affiliated to Delhi University having best girls hostel facilities are given below.
Lady Irwin College
LSR College for Women
Hope this helps.
All The Best!!
I am from science background and I wanted to study economics honours . My best of four percentage is 99.25 . Could you please tell me in which college of DU , I may get an admission ?
First of all congratulations for this phenomenal score.
You can get admission in best colleges of India with this score.
Some of the best college for BA hons. Economics are
1.St. Stephen's College.
2.Delhi school of economics.
3.Shri Ram College of commerce.
4.Lady Shri Ram College.
6.Hans Raj College.
All the best!