NITK Surathkal MBA Admission 2020 - Provisional List of Candidates (Released)
NITK Surathkal MBA Admission 2020 - National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal has released a provisional list of candidates selected for MBA programme along with the instructions. NITK Surathkal also released the application form for admission through spot round for MBA programme 2020. Before filling the application form of NIT Surathkal MBA admission 2020, candidates are advised to adhere to the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities. Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be shortlisted for the selection process of NITK Surathkal MBA 2020 admission. Final selection to NITK Surathkal is based on the candidate's cumulative performance in the admission process. Read this article by Careers360 to know in detail about the important dates pertaining to NITK Surathkal MBA admission 2020, eligibility criteria, application process and selection criteria.
Latest: NITK released the provisional list of candidates selected for MBA programme along with the instructions for the candidates to follow.
NITK Surathkal MBA Admission Important Dates 2020
The important dates of NITK Surathkal MBA admission 2020 mention the events such application start date, last date to register and dates on which selection process is conducted. The dates are updated as per the latest notification by the authorities.
NITK Surathkal Important Events
Availability of application form
Last date to register (through spot round)
September 5, 2020
Last date of receiving the hard copy of application form
NITK Surathkal MBA Admission Criteria 2020
Candidates are shortlisted for the selection rounds of NITK Surathkal MBA 2020 admission on the basis of their score in:
Shortlisted candidates had to then appear for the selection rounds:
Group Discussion (GD)
Personal Interview (PI)
NITK Surathkal MBA 2020 Admission Selection Process Address:
ATB Seminar Hall,
Karnataka – 575025
Contact No: 0824-2473079
NIT Transit House,
C-15, Panchsheel Enclave,
Near Chirag Delhi Metro Station/Flyover,
New Delhi 110017
Contact No.:011-46023660, 41828487
Further, the final merit list is prepared on the basis of the following components and weightage:
Instructions to Selected Candidates for admission to MBA Programme 2020
The admission to the MBA Programme will be online due to the COVID – 19 pandemic. The candidates who have been selected provisionally for the MBA programme will be required to take online admission. The admission process is given below:
1. Candidates who are provisionally selected will have their call letters being sent to them by email to get admitted to the programme.
2. Candidates must log in to the admission portal in the IRIS (link will be sent through email), fill the application form, and upload all the documents (scanned copies of the original) as specified in SI.10, between October 1, 2020, and October 4, 2020.
3. Then, the candidates will be directed to pay the fee online in the IRIS portal itself, (A payment link will be available on IRIS portal between 1st October 2020 to 4th October 2020)
4. If the candidates who have qualifying degree status as “Appearing”, and have not uploaded the programme completion certificate duly signed by the head of the institution, then her/his allotted seat shall stand cancelled.
5. If a candidate fails to report, submit the required documents and pay the prescribed fee before 23.59 hrs on 4th October 2020, then he/she would be forfeiting his/her seat.
6. After successful online reporting, the fee will be paid candidate and online document verification will be done by the Institute, a Provisional Admission Order will be generated and a copy would be sent to the candidate by email.
7. The candidate who has received the provisional admission Order, will be required to physically report at the Institute on a specified date, which would be announced later.
8. During physical reporting at the Institute, the candidate will be required to carry his/her original documents along with a set of photocopies as specified in the SI. No.10 for verification and submission. At the time of verifying the documents while physical reporting, if found that the candidate is not eligible for the allotted seat, then her/his allotment will be cancelled for which the candidate will be solely responsible.
9. Candidates who got admission, can start attending the classes as per the schedule to be announced by the Institute later.
10. The following documents have to be uploaded online during online admission and submitted in original at the time of physical reporting for verification along with one set of photocopies:
- Provisional Admission offer letter
- Scorecard of CAT 2019/MAT-2019
- Marks card of the qualifying examination (all years)
- Degree Certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the University
- A course completion certificate from college (if qualifying degree exam results are awaited)
- Date of Birth Certificate (X Class Marks Card).
- Aadhaar Card Copy.
- Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Transfer Certificate issued by the College last studied
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ST
- OBC Certificate (if applicable) issued from the competent Authority in the prescribed format issued on or after April 1, 2020 (for the candidate's admission under OBC category)
- Gen-EWS certificate (if applicable) issued from the competent Authority in the prescribed format issued on or after April 1, 2020 (for the candidates' admission under Gen-EWS category)
- Persons with Disabilities Certificate (PWD) and an undertaking in the prescribed format (if applicable)
- Migration certificate from the university
- 2 passport size photos
Instructions to Candidates Selected for admission to MBA Programme
Candidates who have been selected provisionally received their call letters by email to get admitted to the programme.
Candidates had to log in to the admission portal with the MBA application credential and fill in the required details and upload all the documents (scanned copies of the original) that are given in SI.13.
The candidates have to pay the fee online in the IRIS portal, (payment link was available.
If a candidate is not able to issue the OBC-NCL/EWS certificate, then he/she can upload the certificate issued. However, if the admission offered to such candidate, it is provisional and subject to the submission of the OBC-NCL/EWS certificate issued at the time of physical reporting at the Institute. (This is a temporary arrangement due to COVID-19 issue.)
Such a candidate had to fill and sign an undertaking on OBC-NCL status or GEN-EWS status in the prescribed format and upload the same in the IRIS under document upload. The format for the undertaking was available in IRIS portal.
If the candidate is having qualifying degree status as “Appearing”, and have not uploaded the course completion certificate which is duly signed by the head of the institution, her/his allotted seat was cancelled.
In case, the candidate’s qualifying degree details filled in during registration do not match with the documents, it will be updated in the system.
Candidates have to report online, submit the documents and payment of fees. If a candidate fails to do so, then he/she would be forfeiting his/her seat. These seats would be allotted to the candidates in the waitlist.
After successful online reporting, fee payment by the candidate and online document verification by the Institute, a Provisional Admission Order will be generated and a copy would be sent to the candidate by email.
Candidates who have received the provisional admission order will be required to physically report at the Institute on a specified date, which would be announced later.
At the time of physical reporting at the Institute, the candidate has to carry his/her original documents along with the photocopies as specified in the SI. No.13 for verification and submission. During the verification of the documents at the time of physical reporting, if it is found that the candidate is not eligible for the allotted seat, then her/his allotment will be cancelled for which the candidate will be solely responsible.
The following documents are to be uploaded online during online admission and submitted in original at the time of physical reporting for verification along with one set of photocopies.
Provisional Admission offer letter
Scorecard of CAT 2019/MAT-2019/2020*
Marks card of the qualifying examination (all years).
Degree Certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the University
A course completion certificate from college (if qualifying degree exam results are awaited)
Date of Birth Certificate (X Class Marks Card).
Aadhaar Card Copy.
Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended.
Transfer Certificate issued by the College last studied.
Medical Fitness Certificate.
Caste certificate in case of SC/ST
OBC Certificate (if applicable) issued from the competent Authority in the prescribed format issued (for the candidates' admission under OBC category).
Undertaking by the candidate on OBC-NCL status 2020 during online admission (for the candidates admitted under OBC category)
Gen-EWS certificate (if applicable) issued from the competent Authority in the prescribed format issued on or after (for the candidates' admission under Gen-EWS category).
Undertaking by the candidate on GEN-EWS status 2020 during online admission (for the candidates admitted under GEN-EWS category)
Persons with Disabilities Certificate (PWD) and an undertaking in the prescribed format (if applicable).
Migration certificate from the university
Passport size photos 2 Nos
Note: The candidates are directed to pay the fee online in the IRIS portal itself.
*CAT - 2019/MAT (September 2019/December 2019/February 2020/May 2020). CAT/MAT percentile is equal to or greater than 60.
What are the documents required at the time of NITK Surathkal MBA admission 2020
1. Admission order issued by Competent Authority.
2. Scorecard of qualifying examinations (All semesters).
3. Bachelor’s Degree Certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the University.
4. Course completion certification from the college (if qualifying degree exam results are awaited).
5. Original Score Card of CAT-2019/MAT (September 2019/December 2019/February 2020)
6. Date of Birth Certificate
7. Work experience certificate by the employer
8. Caste Certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC.)
9. EWS Category Certificate (if applicable), issued by the Competent Authority after 31.03.2020.
10. Caste certificate as per prescribed format for OBC candidates, (if applicable) from the Competent Authority issued.
11. Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.
12. Transfer Certificate issued by the college last studied.
13. Conduct Certificate
14. Sponsorship Certificate (if sponsored)
15. Migration Certificate from the university.
16. Medical Certificate.
17. Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms (Copy of Aadhar Card )
18. Two Passport Size Photograph
Note - In case the result of the qualifying examination is awaited, in such case candidate will be granted admission on a provisional basis and have to meet the eligibility latest by September 15, 2020.
NITK Surathkal MBA Admission 2020 - Programs Offered and Seat Matrix
Candidates aspiring admission to School of Management, NITK can check the program details and seats offered in the table below:
School Of Management
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
As per the seat matrix of NIT Surathkal MBA admission, a total of 80 seats will be offered for MBA program and that 5% of total seats will be reserved for physically challenged students.
NITK Surathkal MBA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Students must fulfil the eligibility criteria of NITK Surathkal MBA admission 2020 as mentioned below:
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institute/university with a minimum of 50% marks (or at least 5.5 CGPA on a scale of 0-10 grading system ) in aggregate of all the semesters.
Students belonging to reserved category must have a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate or at least 5.0 CGPA on a scale of 0-10 grading system.
The aspirant must have a valid score in any of the following management entrance examinations:
NITK Surathkal MBA Admission Application Form 2020
Authorities began the registration for NITK Surathkal MBA admission 2020 in online mode. Candidates could fill the application on or before March 2, 2020. The last date to submit the hard copy of application form is September 5, 2020.
What are the documents required before filling the NITK Surathkal MBA Admission Application Form 2020?
Valid Email ID
Active mobile number
Scanned copy of the following documents (Not more than 3 MB; PDF, PNG, JPG, GIF format)
Passport size photograph
Class 10th marksheet
Class 12th marksheet
Marksheet of the qualifying examination
CAT/MAT Admit card
Work experience certificate
Course completion certificate
Refer the steps mentioned below for successful registration for NITK Surathkal MBA 2020 Admission process:
Step 1 - Click on the link provided - Click Here
Step 2 - Enter the details mentioned to create login credentials.
Step 3 - Check registered email id to get the email id and password.
Step 4 - Login with the credentials created
Step 5 - Screen will display the application form
Step 6 - Fill the application form prescribed by entering the details such as:
Date of birth
Aadhar Number/ enrollment number
Click on save and next
Upload the prescribed documents:
Passport size photograph
Class 10th marksheet
Class 12th marksheet
Qualifying exam marksheet
Admit card of CAT/MAT
Scorecard of CAT/MAT
Work experience certificate
Course completion certificate (if the result of the qualifying examination is awaited)
Step 7 - Apply to one of the selected places
Step 8 - Pay the application fee
Application Fee Details
Step 9 - Take the print of the duly filled application form along with the application fee receipt and sent it via courier/post/hand to:
Assistant Registrar (Academics)
National Institute of Technology Karnataka
Mangalore, Karnataka - 575025
NITK Surathkal MBA Admission Fee Structure
Shortlisted candidates will be required to pay the fees as per the NITK Surathkal Fee Structure. Updated fee structure to be paid by MBA candidates is given below-
*In case of single room accommodation, the student is liable to pay the hostel rent Rs. 7500/- per semester
** Provisional subject to revision.
Questions related to NIT Surathkal
hows MCA in: NITk vs Hyderabad university
overall, both the campus is good. the faculty and facilities are good in both campus. In case of placement NITK show good result than hyderbad university. But does not mean that hyderbad university doesnot have good placement. The hyderbad university also provide good placement. but when we compare the average package the NITKS lead the hyderbad university from past few years.
can i get nitk cse with 98.86 percentile?(obc ncl female)
Due to research for your marks it's quite difficult to getting the computer science in NIT Karnataka.
Because last 2020 OBC female rank was around 8k for home state and 1500 for other state. With this marks your rank will be between 11k to 9k. So the chances are very less. But you can get civil engineering, chemical engineering department from this college. Because the rank will be higher than CSE department. You can counselling and after that may be you can get CSE in this college. I'll provide you a link below you can check it for more college details
All the best.
I secured 406 gate score in 2020. Can you please help me if there are any chances for pursuing M.tech CSE under OBC NCL in any top most colleges
With this score it's difficult to get admission in top colleges according to previous year cutoffs but you can check out our college predictor to check out which colleges you can get according to your gate score.
I hope it helps,
Best of luck
what is the total four year fees(including hostels) of NIT surathkal.
Here is the fee details for B.Tech course in NIT, Surathkal for the academic year 2020-21
- First year: Rs. 1,65,330
- Second year: Rs 1, 49,430
- Third year: Rs. 1,37,355 (if shared room) Rs. 1,39,355 (If single room)
- Fourth year: Rs. 1,37,355 (if shared room) Rs. 1,39,355 (If single room)
The above mentioned fee is inclusive of tuition fee, hostel rent and miscellaneous fee(Library fee, Development fee, Alumni fee etc)
Here is the fee for Hostel admission, maintenance, mess advance, student extracurricular activities fee
- New admission: Rs. 29100 (including the every particular mentioned above)
- Even semester (2, 4, 6, 8) : Rs. 28700 (including the every particular mentioned above)
- Odd Semester (3, 5, 7): Rs. 29000 (including the every particular mentioned above)
The fee may change for the academic year 2021-22. You can check the detailed fee structure in the official website and the link is provided below
How is MCA in NITk? suratkal
MCA is masters of computer application. It is a three year long professional post-graduate programme for candidates wanting to delve deeper into the world of computer application development with the help of learning modern programming language. The programme is a blend of both theoretical and practical knowledge.
NIT Karnataka, Suratkal is a government college. If you want to join MCA here you have to clear GATE examination. This institution established was in 2002. It's AICTE approved college and NIRF rank 25th in 2020. So many courses are offered here like BTech, Mtech, MCA, MBA, MSc.
Due to research this college is very good. Play field is huge. So many games are available. College infrastructure also good and library very big. Laboratories are good. But the college mess is not that much good. Food is good here. Placement also good. So many reputed companies are coming for campusing. Faculties are very helpful. So if you want to join this college you can join. I'll provide you a link below you can check it for more details about the college.
All the best.