MICA: Fellow Programme in Management 2013
Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad (MICA) invites applications from eligible candidates for its Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C) 2013-2014.
Institute: Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad (MICA)
Programme: Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C) 2013
Admissions open for 2014-16 batch at Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmadabad (MICA). To apply click here.
MICA FPM 2013 Duration: 3-year, full-time residential programme
MICA FPM 2013 Eligibility:
Applicants must have a Master’s Degree/equivalent qualification with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in any discipline of the Humanities /Social Sciences / Business Management having Communication/Journalism/Advertising/PR/Marketing as a core subject. The candidate should have also completed a three-year Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification after completing higher secondary (10+2) or equivalent.
At least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Five year Integrated Masters Degree programme from any discipline of the Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Business Management having Communication/ Journalism/ Advertising/ PR/ Marketing as a core subject, obtained after completing higher secondary (10+2) or equivalent.
International students whose qualifications are considered equivalent (by UGC/ AICTE) to the qualifications listed above are also eligible to apply for the programme.
Candidates with M. Phil. or NET/JRF (UGC) qualification in ‘Mass Communication and Journalism’ or ‘Management’ and relevant work/research experience in a recognised communication/media institution will be given preference.
Final year students appearing for the Master's degree or equivalent examination can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, should be able to produce final mark sheet (proving that they satisfy the eligibility criteria) at the time of accepting the offer of admission failing which the offer shall automatically stand withdrawn.
MICA FPM 2013 Selection process: All eligible applicants will be scrutinised through telephonic interviews. Short listed candidates will then be required to appear for the MICA Admission Test (MICAT-FPM). MICAT-FPM will be held in Ahmedabad and comprises the following:
- Written Test (WT): Written Test will examine candidate's (communication) theoretical understanding, ability to investigate a communication phenomenon and ability to interpret data and draw conclusion.
- Oral Presentation (OP): The candidate will be given a decision problem and asked to describe a broad-level approach to address it in a systematic and scientific manner.
- Personal Interview (PI): Personal Interview will be an extension of OP where the candidate's personality and passion for research will be assessed.
Selection to the programme is based on:
- Performance in MICAT-FPM
- Consistent academic performance from 10+2 onwards
- Possession of M Phil or NET/JRF qualification, and
- Professional work experience in media and communication
MICA FPM 2013 Application Procedure: Click here to download the application form and send to the address mentioned below.
Submit the following along with the application form:
- Application fee Rs. 2000 through a demand draft drawn in favour of "Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad" payable at Ahmedabad.
- Please write your name and contact details on the back of demand draft.
- A statement of Purpose (SOP) addressing each of the following points, using essay form and a maximum of three pages.
MICA FPM 2013 Important dates:
Last date for receiving filled in application forms
Thu, Feb 28, 2013
Sending emails for screening interviews
Mon, Mar 11, 2013
Telephonic screening interviews
Mon, Mar 18 to Fri, Mar 22, 2013
Admission Test on campus
Mon, Apr 15 to Sat, Apr 20, 2013
Declaration of result
Thu, Apr 25, 2013
Fri, May 10, 2013