Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi MBA admission 2019-21
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi MBA admission 2019-21 – Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi has announced its admission process for the two-year full-time MBA and MBA (IB) programmes for the academic year 2019-21. Institute of Management Studies is a constituent of the central university, Banaras Hindu University. Management education started at the University in the year 1968. Detailed notification with all the necessary information pertaining to admission at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi is given below-
Programmes, Number of Seats
Number of Seats
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Business Administration –International Business (IB)
Reservation: SC: 15 percent; ST: 7.5 percent; PC: 5 percent and OBC : 27 percent
Paid Seats: 15 percent of the intake (7 seats each in MBA and MBA-IB)
Supernumerary seats: Foreign Nationals: 15% (Candidates under NRI - Non-Resident Indian - and PIO - Person of Indian Origin - will be considered for admission under this category as per University rule). For details International Student Centre, Banaras Hindu University may be contacted.
Application Process: Single application for both MBA and MBA IB programs. Admission will be offered on merit-based choice only.
Application Procedure, Fee, Registration Dates
Mode of Application - Online
Registration Dates - September 10, 2018 – January 28, 2019
Admission will be administered through University Admission Portal - www.bhuonline.in
Name of Programme
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
1500 (800 for SC / ST)
0.98 lakh (for two-year study)
Master of Business Administration – International Business (MBA – IB)
Name of the programme
MBA and MBA (IB)
List of programmes offered by Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Doctoral Program in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Agribusiness) (at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha, Mirzapur)
- One-year Part Time PG Diploma In Business Administration
- One-Year Part Time Diploma in Microfinance & Entrepreneurship (for Graduating Students)
- One-Year Part Time Leisure & Hospitality Management (for Graduating Students)
- Six-month, Part Time Certificate Course in Health Care Management (for Graduating Students)
Aspirants seeking admission at BHU(FMS) will be shortlisted based on their CAT score. The shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interviews as part of the selection process. The final admission offer will be given to the selected students who qualify the selection process of BHU as well as meet the criterion of previous academic records.
Selection of candidates would be based on the following parameters-
CAT 2018 Result
Application Deadline: January 28, 2019 (11.59 PM)
Address & Contact Number
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Institute of Management Studies,
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi – 221005
Institute Website: http://www.bhu.ac.in/fms/
Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi Updates and Articles
FMS BHU Admission 2021 - FMS BHU has started the registration ...
In an interview with Careers360, Prof. PS Tripathi, Director (...
Questions related to Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
i have done my graduation in biology, can i apply for bhu CAT? am i eligible for bhu mba? plz reply..
Admission to MBA program in BHU is done through CAT for which eligibility criteria is passed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% aggregate, in case of SC/ST/PWD it's 45%. CAT scores are assigned 50%, academic records hold 20% weightage, Group discussion and Interview which is conducted by FMS, BHU holds 30% weightage.
If you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, you can appear for CAT, afterwards register at FMS, BHU through separate admission application form, to know more details visit the official website at https://bhu.ac.in/fms/
what are the placements this year
As we know Banaras Hindu University(BHU) is one of the prestigious central institute of our country. IMS BHU is the institute of this university which offers courses for Management Studies.
As it is central government institute so more number of companies like to visit here for campus placement. Let us discuss about latest placement statistics :-
- Total number of students eligible for placement are 149.
- Number of students who appeared for placement are 143.
- Total 22 companies have organised their placement drive.
- 113 students got placed with highest package of 12.0 LPA.
- Average package was 7.2 LPA.
If we talk about domain wise than :-
- Marketing :- INR 12 LPA
- Operations :- INR 12 LPA
- Finance :- INR 7 LPA
- HR :- INR 8.5 LPA
Hope you got the complete information. For further doubts feel free to ask here.
x-80.8% XII- 79.2% GRAD- 68.44% BCOM CAT - 73.225ILE OBC-NC ANY CHANCE TO GET CALL FROM FMS BHU
Sorry to inform you,but you are not eligible for Faculty of Management Studies,Banaras Hindu University,because the cut off for this is 85 percentile and no specific cut off for reserved categories.However there are many colleges you can get admission with this percentile.
For more information about the FMS BHU you can check here https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/fms-bhu-cutoff
I Hope This Helps
Best Of LucK!!
what is the admission process for iim bhu????? please tell me the whole process.......
Bananas Hindu University (BHU) offers an MBA program with 4 specializations. The duration of the BHU MBA program is 2 years.Bachelor Degree in any discipline OR equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks is the minimum qualification for admission to MBA program. Candidates need to appear in CAT exam for the admission in BHU MBA.For Admission in MBA/MBA -IB in Banaras Hindu University candidates need to be graduate with at least 50% marks. Admission process is as follows:
Admission to MBA will be based on Combined Merit acquired by a Candidate in CAT, Academic Record, Group Discussion and Interview.
- Merit list of qualified candidates on the basis of CAT scores will be uploaded by BHU.
- 50% weightage will be given to the CAT Score while calculating the merit for admission to the above Programs.
- 20% weightage for academic records.
- Qualified candidates will be called for group discussion and interview.
- Group Discussion and Interview Score will be given 30% weightage.
- Selected candidates will have to report to university with original documents for verification.
- Non-appearance of the candidate in any of CAT , Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date shall disqualify him/her for admission.
Documents Required for Admission Procedure:
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card / PAN)
- Self-attested copy of the CAT Scorecard.
- Self-attested copies of Mark-sheets of Class X, Class XII and qualifying examination (year wise Mark-sheets).
- Appearing Certificate from the Head of the Institution (in case if the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination).
- Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Self-attested copy of disability certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft of INR 2000/- (or for the amount to be mentioned through GD-PI call letter) in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University is payable at Varanasi as processing fee for GD PI.
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th
- Graduation mark sheet
- CAT scorecard
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
The application form can be filled and submitted online through the official website of BHU.
- Visit http://bhuonline.in/
- Click “Register Yourself”
- Enter name, email id and contact number
- Fill the required personal information
- Enter academic detail and CAT scores
- Upload scanned supporting documents
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee of INR 2000/- (INR 1000/- for SC/ST category) through Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card.
- Submit the filled application form
- Take the print out of submitted application form for further reference
Registration for BHU MBA has been started. Last date for submission of application form is January 25. Application fee of INR 2000 (INR 1000 for SC/ST category) should be paid via Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
Reservation criteria for the MBA program is 15% for SC,7.5% for ST,5% for PC and 27% for Non-OBC candidates.
can i get admission with 60 %ile in CAT and 60 % in other academic for SC Category
For getting admission in IIM's this percentile is low even if you belongs to SC category since admission in IIM's take place on the basis of your CAT score, Past academic score and achievements. Your achievements is also not good so the chances are bleak.
But I suggest you to don't loose hope and try for other MBA colleges and exams like CMAT and MAT.
I hope the above information is beneficial for you.