DU announces final results of DU JAT 2016 on July 12
The University of Delhi has announced the final admissions results for DU JAT 2016 tests takers on July 12, 2016. As many as 4667 candidates were shortlisted out of 22,245 test takers for the selection procedure, under all the categories, for admissions in Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), B.A (Hons) Business Economics and BBA (FIA) programmes. The GD PI rounds were conducted from July 5-10, 2016 at Ramanujan College.
Click here to check the Final Result of DU JAT 2016
The final selection list presents the following information of the selected candidates:
GD PI Score
According to the University of Delhi, the selected candidates will have to visit the official website for the entrance exams on July 13, after 12 noon for the college/course allotment. There will not be any personal counselling. “The allotment of course/college shall be done by the University based on the option exercised by you, which would be final and no change is allowed at any stage,” mentions the University.
The selection criteria for BMS, BBA(FIA) and B.A (H) Business Economics comprised of performance in Joint Admission Test and GD PI. The parameters and weightages assigned are as follows:
DU JAT 2016
The ranking has been done accordingly.
The results for the entrance test – DU JAT were announced on July 2; declaring the names of the shortlisted candidates who had to follow the GD/PI rounds. Candidates at first, were selected for the GD-PI rounds on the basis of their scores and ranks, and later were scrutinized for final admissions on their overall performance.
The total number of seats in all the programmes, in different colleges under all categories is 991. Course wise availability if seats are,
BMS – 413
BA (Hons) Business Economics – 488
BBA (FIA) - 90
While for admissions to BMS/BBA(FIA) has been done through GD-PI, the admission for BA (Hons.) Business Economics were through DU JAT 2016 Counselling.
Below are the colleges that provide BMS, BBA-Finance, and B.A (Hns) Business Economics) programmes:
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS): Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College, Ramanujan College
- B.A.(Hons) Business Economics: B. R. Ambedkar College, College of Vocational Studies, Gargi College, Lakshmibai College, Maharaja Agrasen College, Aryabhatta College, Shivaji College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) [BBA(FIA)]: Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
Stay tuned to www.bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates
First Published on: July 13, 2016
DU JAT 2020 Analysis - The entrance exam was held on Sep 7, 20...
Questions related to B.B.A/ B.M.S
how MANY seats are available for BBA/BMS IN DU UNIVERSITY?
Number of seats in Delhi University BBA colleges will vary for different category.
The seats mentioned below is only for UG management courses offered by the colleges.
- Gargi college offers 51 seats
- Shaheed Sukhdev college Bachelor of Management studies(BMS) offers 204 seats
- Shaheed Sukhdev college Bachelor of Management studies(BMS) offers 99 seats
- Lakshmi bai college offers 33 seats
- College of Vocational studies offers 62 seats
- Maharaja agrasen college offers 46 seats
- Sri guru nanak dev khalsa college offers 40 seats
- Shivaji college offers 68 seats
- Keshav mahavidyalaya offers 52 seats
- Sri guru gobind singh college of commerce offers around 40 seats
- Deen dayal upadhyaya college offers 51 seats.
Hope this helps you.
All the Best!!!
giving prefernce to colleges in the form is a smart move or not?
This is what exactly happens in counselling of any entrance exam. You are given a form to fill your preferences and as per your rank/score in entrance exam, the seats chosen by you are provided. This is the actual motto of counseling: to provide students with the desired seats. However, you must choose your seats wisely.
Hope I answered your query
I m a class 12 student , in board I have a supplementary in one subject outta six, can I appear for du jat 2020 after getting my pass result
DU JAT is going to be conducted from September 6-11, 2020. The eligibility criteria for DU JAT is that a candidate must have passed 10+2 in all subjects individually and you must have scored minimum 60% marks in best four subjects from a recognized board. Candidates whose qualifying exam results are awaited are also eligible to apply. You can appear in DU JAT 2020 if you have applied but you must pass in the supplementary exam and you must obtain the results before the counselling.
When will du jat happen for this year? Any tentative date??
Pls clarify what is BBA and BMS
It is a good question while one is Bachelor of Business Administration and the other is Bachelor of Management Studies. Frankly there is not much difference from a studies point of view as both the courses cover very similar subjects related to understanding of a business environment and that covers: Business Laws, Management Principals, Finance, Marketing, Economics, HR & Operations. Newer colleges may have subjects like Entrepreneurship, Data Analytics, Digital Marketing etc. Choose colleges that have the newer subjects as they become more relevant in today’s business.
Take for example HR, companies are looking for cost reduction by means of hiring freelancers, meaning if job functions (not core functions) can be outsourced then traditional HR will play a lessor role, while a newer HR model will have to teach you the fundamentals of managing outsourced resources and that is more important skill to have.
Another point to note is that competition raises the educational bar, now an MBA is becoming the norm for management. If this is the path you intend to take then an integrated program can also be considered.