Admissions 2013 at KJ Somaiya Institute (SIMSR)
K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (SIMSR) invites applications for admissions to the fulltime and part time management programmes for 2013.
Institute: K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (SIMSR)
SIMSR 2013 Full Time Programmes:
- Post Graduate diploma in Management(PGDM)
- Post Graduate diploma in Management(PGDM)
- Post Graduate diploma in Management-International Business (PGDM(IB))
- Post Graduate diploma in Management-Retail Management (PGDM(RM))
- Post Graduate diploma in Management-Financial Management (PGDM(FS))
- Post Graduate diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM(COM))
- Post Graduate diploma in Management-Executive (PGDM(EXEC))
SIMSR 2013 Eligibility:
For PGDM /PGDM-IB/RM/FS/COMM:
- Student pursuing or having completed a minimum of three year graduate programme in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks from any University, recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/AICTE
- Students appearing for their final examination in April - May 2013 can also apply. However, they should produce documentary evidence of having passed the graduation examination with minimum aggregate marks as specified above, on or before 31st July 2013, failing which the students will forfeit their admission.
- A minimum of three year graduate programme in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks from any University, recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/AICTE and having completed 5 years of work experience as on 31st July 2013.
SIMSR 2013 Selection Procedure: CAT 2012/ CMAT 2012, GMAT (Scores of last 2 years—valid only for candidates of foreign nationals) followed by interview
SIMSR 2013 Interview centres Bangaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi
SIMSR 2013 Important dates:
- Last date for the submission of form: February 15, 2013
- Short listing of candidates for stage 3: March 18, 2013
- Case Analysis & Personal Interview: April 10, 2013 onwards
- Declaration of Merit Position: April 30, 2013
- Counselling Session: May 15, 2013
Click here for brochure
Three year Part Time Masters Programmes in Management:
- Masters in Marketing Management (MMM)
- Masters in Financial Management (MFM)
- Masters in Human Resource Development Management (MHRDM)
- Masters in Information Management (MIM)
- First Semester 13-15 working weeks between July and Mid December
- Second Semester 13-15 working weeks between Mid December and May
- Wednesday: Student contact hours after appointment with the concerned faculty
- Friday 6.00p.m. onwards
- Saturday 2.00 p.m. onwards
- Sunday 9.00 a.m. onwards
- Passed a Bachelor’s degree examination in any faculty of University of Mumbai or an examination recognised by this University as equivalent thereto OR
- Passed the graduateship Examination in - Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, and who subsequently qualifies in the GATE Examination conducted by Government of India through IIT
- A minimum of two years’ work experience – at Supervisory / Executive Level; the experience being counted from the day subsequent to the last day of the qualifying examination passed by the candidate.
Selection Procedure: test followed by interview
- Sale of Somaiya Admission Brochure from: January 4, 2013
- Application deadline: February 15, 2013
- Somaiya Entrance Test (SET): March 2 & 3, 2013
- Declaration of Results: March 11, 2013
- Course Commences: July, 2013
Click here for the brochure
SIMSR 2013 Application Procedure:
SIMSR 2013 Full time Programmes: Apply online
Note: Student can apply for all the PGDM programmes (except PGDMExecutive) using a single form. A student can opt for all the five programmes
SIMSR 2013 Part Time Programmes: Apply online
SIMSR 2013 Application fees:
- For one programme: Rs.2050
- For two programmes: Rs.2550.
- For more than two programmes (Upto all five programmes): Rs.3050.
SIMSR 2013 Payment Mode:
Payment can be made through Debit Card / Credit Card (With no extra Cost)
Demand Draft in favor of “K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research” Payable at Mumbai
Receipt of IMS Learning Center
Take printout of the filled up application form and paste photograph at the space provided.
Send the following documents along with the filled in application form to the Institute in an envelope :
- Attested photocopies of the Work Experience Certificates,
- latest pay slip (to claim credits for work experience if any),
- Past academic records (SSC, HSC, Graduation, Post Graduate Degree and additional Professional Qualifications),
- Certificates of outstanding achievements - along with the filled up application form.
- Photo copy of Admit Card of the appropriate qualifying test
- Demand Draft / IMS Learning Center Receipt (as applicable)
Note: Superscribe the envelop with name of programme
K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research
Vidyanagar, Vidyavihar (East)
Mumbai 400 077, India
Phone:.91-022-6728 3000/ 3050 Fax: 91-022-2102 7219.
KJ SIMSR Updates and Articles
Careers360 interacted with Dr. Monica Khanna, Director, K J So...
SIMSR has released the application form for PGDM 2020. Check o...
Dr Monica Khanna, Director Incharge, KJSIMSR says Management e...
Questions related to KJ SIMSR
what is date of addmission Start form
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai (SIMSR) has closed its PGDM 2020 admission process. Now the GD/PI process is continuing for final selection. The college has closed its PGDM 2020 admission on February 6, 2020. The institute has started its GD/PI process for final selection. The classes for new batch will commence in July 2020. Keep visiting the official website for more details.
Hope this helps!
SET exam is also accept for MBA admission
No, SET is not for MBA.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2020 is a university level entrance test conducted for offering admission to candidates in undergraduate programs offered by Symbiosis University.You can get admission in Bachelor's level courses through SET and MBA is Postgraduate course.
I hope this helps
I got 74.65 percentile in XAT . I belong to OBC category. can i apply in KJ Somaiya and welingkar institute for HR specialization. is their any girls quota in these colleges ?
- XIME Bangalore (fees = 10 lakhs)
- XISS Ranchi (8 lakhs)
- Praxis Kolkata (4.4 lakhs)
- Great Lakes Gurgaon (11.76 lakhs)
- IMT Hyderabad (12 lakhs)
- NL Dalmia Mumbai (9.3 lakhs)
- SIES Mumbai (7.9 lakhs)
- NDIM New Delhi (9.3 lakhs)
All of them are decent colleges in terms of both academics and placements and you can easily get an average compensation package of around 6-7 lakhs.
And if you want to pursue Human Resource Management and build a good career in that then XISS would be a great option which will provide you great returns on investment. The average compensation package offered for HR is nearly 9-10 lakhs.
I have 82.05 percentile in XAT Class X - 92.6 Class XII - 87.4 BE - 83.1 Work Ex - 3+ Do I have chance to get a call from KJ Somaiya
- IIFM Bhopal
- XIME Bangalore
- IFMR Chennai
- IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad
- Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
- Christ University Bangalore
- Great Lakes Gurgaon and others.
These colleges will also offer you good placement opportunities and good academics and you must try to attend as many interview processes as possible to get enough options to choose from.
how many score can i get in MH CET exam to get admission in your college.
The expected cutoff for K.J. somaiya college is 1124-1454,
Below this it will be difficult to get admission in this college.so study hard as the cutoff is really high.
Best of luck.