• It is harassing me
Abhishek Kumar's picture
Abhishek Kumar
posted this Forum Thread on :  CAT
Vote up, this is encouraging or helpful
Vote down, this is not very encouraging or helpful
On: 15th July 2015, 19:07 PM
CAT 2015 Exam [OFFICIAL]

CAT exam is Back ! Get all the latest information and news on CAT 2015 exam in this Official Forum thread. Askk all your questions on CAT 2015 registrations, CAT 2015 exam Date, Changes in CAT 2015 Exam Pattern, etc in this Forum.

Please login or register to post comment.
picture
avijeet Kumars picture
Avijeet KumarLast Seen: 2 years 1 month agoJoined on: 28-Dec-2012
1 friends|2 Followers|23 Post

@Abhishek: Since now you have said it.. I am in doubt to on this..

But my question with IIMs is that there was so much hype regarding CAT 2015 difficulty level being updated so that it should not favour only engineering background studnets.. but till now i dont think i get any signs of IIMs helping students like me who are from arts background..and maths is not their forte.. Fingers crossed though..ADB to everyone.

picture
Abhishek Kumars picture
Abhishek KumarLast Seen: 10 months 6 days agoJoined on: 19-Aug-2014
23 friends|14 Followers|34 Post

CAT 2015 will also have few Questions where Candidate has to type in the Correct answers. If that is the case and If the answers are to be descriptive, I wonder how the CAT 2015 answer sheet will be checked ? Particularly these type of questions. Human intervention would be required to differentiate between a wrong and a right answer.. Any thought on it anyone!!

picture
Abhishek Kumars picture

CAT 2015 Important Dates to Remember:

Application Start Date : Thursday, August 6, 2015

Application end date : Sunday, September 20, 2015

Admit Card download : Thursday, October 15, 2015

Exam Date : Sunday, November 29, 2015 (Forenoon and Afternoon sessions)

Result : Second week of January 2016

picture
Abhishek Kumars picture

So Finally the CAT 2015 has been announced by IIM Ahmedabad. CAT 2015 will be held on Sunday, November 29, 2015. The application process will start from Thursday, August 6 and will continue till September 20, 2015. The CAT 2015 scores will be accepted by 19 IIMs and over 100 B-schools.

The Major Changes in CAT 2015 are as follows:

1. Candidates will be provided on screen calculator for carrying out simple computations.

2. Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen.

3.There will be 3 sections in the CAT 2015 exam, namely Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI & LR).

4. The total number of questions remains 100 but the distribution of questions is different. While QA and VRC will have 34 questions, there will be 32 questions in the DI & LR section.

5. The total duration of the exam is now 180 minutes or 3 hours instead of 170 minutes. However, the sections have been made time bound once again, like CAT 2013. Candidates, in CAT 2015, will be allowed to complete one section within 60 minutes, and will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while attempting a section.

So get ready to BELL THE CAT !

picture
Pradeep Nairs picture
Pradeep NairLast Seen: 2 years 4 months agoJoined on: 28-Dec-2012
1 friends|2 Followers|18 Post

cat 2015 candidates willbe lucky as there r more iims now..chnaes will be high to get an iim this time..

picture
Neerajs picture
NeerajLast Seen: 2 years 1 month agoJoined on: 28-Dec-2012
1 friends|4 Followers|24 Post

When will be CAT 2015 exam conducted any idea guys???

picture
avijeet Kumars picture
Avijeet KumarLast Seen: 2 years 1 month agoJoined on: 28-Dec-2012
1 friends|2 Followers|23 Post

I hope the difficulty level will go down this year.. also CAT 2015 will become popular bcoz of IIM Ahmedabad.

picture
Abhishek Kumars picture

CAT 2015 is being conducted by IIM Ahmedabad and Dr. Tathagata Bandyopadhyay is the Common Admission Test (CAT) Convenor for 2015. The Official Announcement for CAT 2015 is expected to be announced on July 26, 2015.

Will it be a Single Day Test?

Will the difficulty level of Quantitative Aptitude (QA) section decreased this year?

Will there be change in CAT 2015 exam pattern or CAT 2015 Paper Pattern?

Answers to all these and many of your doubts related to CAT 2015 will be duly answered in this Forum thread here on Careers360.com.