Stay up-to date with IIFT News
About IIFT 2023
IIFT 2023: National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the IIFT MBA 2023 application form process on September 30, in online mode. The last date to fill IIFT registration form is November 14, 2022. The correction in particulars of the IIFT form can be done from November 16 to November 20, 2022.
Click here to register IIFT exam 2023.
IIFT MBA entrance exam is a national-level management entrance test which is conducted by NTA on behalf of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Admission is granted to MBA (International Business) courses. There are three IIFT campuses in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada.
The registration for the IIFT MBA entrance exam will probably continue till the first week of November and likely around 75,000 candidates will appear for the IIFT exam. IIFT MBA admission test has changed from paper-based mode to computer-based mode in recent past years.
This will increase the total seat intake in IIFT. In order to secure the 95+ percentile in the IIFT MBA IB admission test, a dedicated preparation of 4-5 months is recommended. IIFT exam's difficulty level was moderate to difficult and can be related to CAT and XAT exam levels.
What is IIFT full form?
The IIFT full form is the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Admission Test. IIFT MBA (IB) entrance exam will be held in a single session as a computer-based test. The IIFT 2023 exam is of 2 hours duration with maximum marks of 300 and will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for the third time and not by IIFT as was conducted earlier.
What is the IIFT exam for?
Admissions to the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade’s flagship programme, MBA in International Business (IB) is through an exclusive entrance exam namely the NTA IIFT exam. What is the entrance exam for IIFT? - NTA conducts the IIFT exam as a two-hour computer-based test for admissions to MBA (IB) programmes at IIFT Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses.
Students wishing to join the IIFT MBA (IB) program will have to qualify in the NTA IIFT 2023 and then clear the selection process - Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment, and Interview. The selection process will be held by IIFT in March/ April 2023 at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Mumbai.
IIFT Exam 2023: Highlights
Official website of IIFT exam 2023
IIFT exam conducting body
National Testing Agency
IIFT 2023 exam date
December 18, 2022
IIFT exam pattern details
Duration: 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours
Mode: Computer-based test
Question Type: MCQs
|IIFT exam medium||English|
Admission in course
MBA (IB) at IIFT
IIFT Delhi, IIFT Kolkata and IIFT Kakinada
Registered candidates for IIFT 2021
Number of appeared candidates in IIFT 2021 exam
Total Seats through IIFT exam
|Number of IIFT test cities||68|
|IIFT exam helpdesk number||0120-6895200|
IIFT 2023 Exam Timings
|IIFT Events||IIFT 2023 exam timings|
|IIFT Exam Date||December 18, 2022|
|Timing of IIFT exam 2023||10 am to 12 pm|
|Entry into the IIFT exam centre||8:30 am to 9:30 am|
|Last entry into the exam centre||9:30 am|
|Sitting on a seat in the examination hall||9:45 am|
|Instructions by the invigilators||9:45 am to 9:50 am|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||9:50 am|
|IIFT MBA admission test commence||10 am|
|IIFT exam 2023 concludes||12 pm|
What is the IIFT exam registration fee?
The registration fee for the IIFT exam will be Rs 1250 for reserved category candidates and Rs 2,500 for other category candidates.
How many candidates registered and appeared for IIFT 2021?
In IIFT 2021, a total of 33,393 candidates registered for the exam while 27,944 candidates appeared for it.
Are 2 months enough for IIFT?
Normally, no 2 months are not enough for preparation for the IIFT exam. In case a candidate has already appeared for CAT or any other top-level management entrance exam, then 2 months are enough. However, if a candidate is starting from level 1, a minimum of 4-5 months of preparation is needed.
Is the IIFT exam tougher than CAT?
Both the exams are of moderate to high difficulty level but in IIFT, candidates have to solve 110 questions in 120 minutes while in CAT, candidates have to solve 100 questions in 120 minutes.
What percentile is needed in IIFT?
As per the past trends, the required percentile for shortlisting for IIFT MBA (IB) admission 2023 at different campuses of IIFT would be as follows:
- Expected Percentile for Delhi Campus: 98 & above.
- Expected Percentile for Kolkata Campus: 95 & above.
- Expected Percentile for Kakinada Campus: 90 & above.
What after IIFT 2023?
The result of IIFT 2023 will be declared by the last week of December 2022. Once the IIFT exam results are declared, the institute will release the IIFT shortlist for the MBA IB programme in online mode. The institute conducts a personality assessment of the candidates who meet the cut-off of IIFT for admission. This personality assessment includes Essay Writing (EW), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI).
Once this round is over, the institute evaluates each candidate who took the IIFT exam and participated in EW, GD, and PI on several parameters, and then the final merit list for MBA IB admission is released.
IIFT Fees Structure 2023-25 (Expected)
IIFT 2023 Contact Information
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
0120-6895200 (Operational 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM during working days)
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
IIFT 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
|Short Exam Name||IIFT|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
IIFT 2023 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
30 Sep, 2022 - 14 Nov, 2022
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
16 Nov, 2022 - 20 Nov, 2022
Application Correction | Mode: Online
18 Dec, 2022
Exam | Mode: Online
Candidates who wish to apply for IIFT must check the eligibility criteria of IIFT 2023 before filling the application form. Given below eligibility criteria can be checked by candidates for IIFT 2023 entrance exam-
Educational Qualification - General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university/institute/college are eligible to apply. Whereas, SC, ST, and PwD category candidates with a minimum of 45% marks in graduation can also be able to fill the IIFT 2023 application form. Final year graduation students can also be able to fill the application form.
Age Limit - There is no age limit for candidates to apply for IIFT 2023 entrance exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The registration process for IIFT 2023 has started from September 30 in online mode. Candidates can register for IIFT exam 2023 till November 11. While registering for IIFT 2023, candidates will be required to enter personal details to create login credentials.
In case if any candidate enters any wrong information, then they can be allowed to edit their information at the time of the IIFT application form correction window (November 16 to November 20, 2022). The IIFT 2023 application form correction window will take place in online mode. At the time of filling the application form for the IIFT exam 2023, one will have to pay the application fee in online mode.
The IIFT 2023 application process can be completed using the below-mentioned steps:
- Candidates need to do a primary registration by filling in their personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
- In the second step, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
- The third step is the payment of the application fee i.e. Rs. 2500 for General and OBC Category candidates and Rs. 1250 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates. The application fee has been paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and DD. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs is Rs. 15,000 that is US$200.
- In the fourth and final step of the IIFT application form, candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of their photograph (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
- Make sure that contact number(s) and email id are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam has been sent to those only.
Video guide to fill IIFT application form
|OBC, General||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 2500|
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 1250|
Reading comprehension and verbal ability
Data interpretation and logical reasoning
Student Appearing Vs Seat Available
|Year||Student Appeared||Seats Available|
Candidates who will appear for IIFT this should check the exam pattern of IIFT 2023. It allows them to know the topics covered in the exam, syllabus, and marking scheme and they can strategize their preparation accordingly. Here are the complete details related to the pattern of IIFT exam 2023.
Exam Pattern of IIFT 2023:
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes i.e. 2 hours|
Let us see the IIFT 2023 exam pattern in detail:
- IIFT will have four sections - Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability.
- The duration of the exam will be two hours - There will be no sectional time limit. The total marks for the exam will be 100. The number of questions keeps changing every year. Last year, the exam had 114 questions. The exam will have only multiple-choice questions.
- According to the IIFT 2023 exam pattern, there is negative marking for wrong answers and there is a differential marking scheme.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the admit card of IIFT 2023 tentatively in the first week of December. Registered candidates can able to download their IIFT 2023 admit card by using login credentials at iift.nta.nic.in. The IIFT admit card includes all the details pertaining to the entrance exam such as the candidate’s roll number, reporting time, exam centre details, and exam day guidelines.
- The admit card of IIFT 2023 will be available only after completion of the registration process.
- Candidates can able to download the IIFT admit card 2023 with the help of their registered id and date of birth.
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a photo id proof - Driving License, Aadhar id card, Election id card, Passport
- Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to write the IIFT exam 2023.
- Candidates need to keep the admit card till the end of the admission process as it would be required at every stage of the admission
Snapshot of IIFT Admit Card Login Window
IIFT 2023 Exam Centers
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- IIFT admit card
- Photo identity proof
- Passport size photograph
- PwD certificate if applicable
NTA will release the final IIFT answer key 2023 tentatively in the second week of December in online mode. The final IIFT 2023 answer key will be available in PDF format. The document will carry the question number, question ID and correct answer of each question of all the four sections of the IIFT question paper. Candidates have to visit the official website of NTA to download the IIFT answer key. Candidates were able to challenge the IIFT answer key by producing adequate proof within the stipulated date and time.
After receiving the answer key of IIFT 2023, the candidates can match their answers with the help of the response sheet and they can check if the tried answer is incorrect. Accordingly, candidates can challenge the IIFT answer key by providing adequate proof within a stipulated time.
- As of last year, candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- for a challenging question.
Steps to download the IIFT exam answer key
- To download the answer key of IIFT 2023, visit the official website of NTA - iift.nta.nic.in.
- Now, find and click the "Download - Answer Key of IIFT 2023" on the homepage.
- It will carry the candidates to the login page. From there, they have to enter their IIFT login credentials to enter into the dashboard.
- In the dashboard, find the download answer key link and click on it.
- Finally, the NTA IIFT answer key 2023 will download in a pdf format.
The IIFT Result 2023 will be announced by NTA. Both the result and IIFT scorecard will be available in online mode. Candidates will be able to know the result and download the IIFT scorecard by entering their login credentials like IIFT Application number and Date of birth. IIFT will release the names of shortlisted candidates for the second round of interviews. More details are given below:
- Candidates can check the IIFT result 2023 on the official website of the IIFT exam.
- The result is available in the form of a scorecard where candidates can check the sectional as well as the overall score.
- Candidates can download the scorecard in the form of a pdf file by logging in to the official website with their seven-digit IIFT roll number and date of birth.
- On the basis of the score, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection rounds - Writing Test, GD, and PI.
- The final IIFT 2023 result or selection will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
How to Check IIFT 2023 Result
- First go to the official website of NTA IIFT 2023
- Next, find and click the link called "IIFT 2023 NTA Score"
- It will redirect candidates to the result page. From there, candidates have to enter their IIFT application number, date of birth, and security pin.
- Then click the "Submit" button to view the IIFT exam result 2023.
- Download the IIFT scorecard and take a printout of it for future reference.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) will release the cutoff for the selection process of admission along with the list of shortlisted candidates. The list of shortlisted candidates will be available on the official website of IIFT.
National Testing Agency, NTA the conducting body of the IIFT exam will announce the IIFT 2023 cutoff along with the result which is likely to be declared in online mode. Given below details can be checked by candidates with reference to the cutoff of IIFT 2023:
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds will be called the IIFT 2023 cutoff
- The cutoff depends on various factors including the difficulty level of test, the total number of test-takers, number of seats available, etc
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT Delhi will be called for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centres may include Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc.,
- The cutoff of IIFT 2023 will be different for each category.
The selection process of IIFT 2023 will start after the announcement of the result.
- Based on the IIFT 2023 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process
- The IIFT 2023 selection process will include - Writing test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- The weightage given to each round is different. And the final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds including the IIFT 2023
IIFT 2023 GD and PI Process
Both Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round are an integral part of the selection process of IIFT 2023. Tentatively, the selection process will be conducted in the month of February/ March 2023. And the final IIFT 2023 result, the list of selected candidates for admission, is likely to be announced in the month of March.
GD and PI rounds are conducted to judge the communication skills, confidence level, interaction skills, personality, and possibly the knowledge of current affairs of the candidates. Apart from the writing test which is also the part of the selection process, candidates need to perform well in these two rounds to get the admission offer.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be - Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.
IIFT 2023 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- IIFT admit card
- IIFT scorecard
- Photo identity proof
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:How good is IIFT?
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the premier B-Schools in India. Both IIFT (Delhi) and IIFT (Kolkata) are counted among top ten grade B-Schools.
Question:Which B-schools accept IIFT Entrance test scores?
IIFT Entrance test scores are accepted by IIFT New Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada campus.
Question:What is the flagship course offered at IIFT?
The flagship course of IIFT is considered to be MBA-IB.
Question:Is there any Management Quota for MBA-IB Programme?
No, there is no management quota for admission to MBA-IB at IIFT.
Question:When will IIFT 2023 application process begin?
The application process of IIFT 2023 started on September 30, 2022.
Question:When will IIFT 2023 exam be conducted?
NTA will conduct the IIFT 2023 on December 18, 2022 from 10 am to 12 pm.
Question:When will IIFT answer key released?
The provisional answer key of IIFT 2023 will be released in the first week of January in online mode.
Question:When will IIFT result 2023 released?
NTA will announce the IIFT 2023 result tentatively in the last week of January in online mode.
Question:Is there any option to change my qualification details or category details in the IIFT application form?
Yes, NTA will start the correction window for the IIFT application form. Candidates can make a correction in the academic qualification and category field within stipulated time.
Question:Is there negative marking in IIFT exam?
Yes, there is negative marking for wrong answers. One mark is deducted for every wrong attempt in QA, VARC and LRDI and 0.5 marks is deducted for every wrong attempt in GK.
Question:When will the IIFT 2023 admit card to be released?
The admit card of IIFT exam 2023 will be released by NTA tentatively in the first week of December.
Questions related to IIFT
I HAVE 88% IN 10TH / 45% IN 12TH / 82% IN GRADUATION MAY I ABLE TO GET ADMISSION IN TOP MBA COLLEGE
i scored 60% in 10th , 51% in 12 then i completed my UG from ignou in 5yrs and i got 55%. Am I eliglbe for IIFT?
Indeed, it is conceivable, yet it will be very troublesome. You get focused on a variety on the off chance that you're a non-engineer.
Ensure you have an exceptionally high percentile.
Business colleges like FMS don't consider your school marks. A portion of the other business colleges gives less weightage to your past scholastics. IIIFT doesn't give a lot of weightage to past scholastics.
You might decide to get some work insight before applying as that will help your profile.
By the day's end, assuming you get a high percentile, that by itself will do the trick to get you a meeting call. At the point when inside the room, it is up to you to persuade the specialists that you have a place there in that business college.
I am a Senior Software Developer at a very reputed product based company. Would full time MBA form IIFT be a good idea ?
IIFT is one of the premiere institutes in the country. The institute is well known for comprehensive programs, placements and hefty packages. Short answer, full time MBA from IIFT would be a good idea.
I got 82.5 percentile for IIFT 2022 and i have been shortlisted for PI round. But I have heard that only those above 98 percentile will get into IIFT..so should i appear for PI?
I would like to request you to kindly mention your category because that can also be the reason for your shortlisting as you would have cleared the category wise cut off .
But if you are from general category i would advise you kindly prepare for your pi very sincerely because that's the eliminating round where maximum candidates suffer rejection. Even high percentile scorers suffer rejection.
I have 56% in 12 , 74%in 10th and 70% in UG . Am I eligible for IIFT ?
According to the Acadmic Eligibility criteria for IIFT the aspirant must possess Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years’ duration in any discipline with at least 50 percent aggregate (45 per cent for SC/ST and PwD candidates) from a recognised university
So, Yes you are eligible
for more details about IIFT you can check below link