Latest Update for IIFT
- 02 Sep 2021:
- 27 Aug 2021:
IIFT exam date 2022 for MBA (IB) admission is December 5. Exam to be held as a computer-based test.
- 27 Aug 2021:
NTA to open IIFT 2022 registration window from September 1. Application fee for General category candidates is Rs 2500.
Stay up-to date with IIFT News
About IIFT 2022
IIFT Exam Latest update: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started registration for the IIFT exam in online mode. Candidates will be able to apply for the IIFT entrance exam at IIFT NTA official website, iift.nta.ac.in till October 15, 2021 (upto 5 pm). IIFT exam will be conducted on December 05, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm in computer-based mode.
IIFT 2022: IIFT MBA entrance exam is a national-level management entrance test which is conducted by NTA on behalf of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Admission is granted to MBA (International Business) courses. There are three IIFT campuses in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada.
The registration for the IIFT MBA entrance exam has started on September 02 and it is expected that around 75,000 candidates will appear for the IIFT exam. IIFT MBA admission test has changed from paper-based mode to computer-based mode in recent past years. The new IIFT campus at Kakinada is expected to launch in 2022-24. This will increase the total seat intake in IIFT. In order to secure 95+ percentile in the IIFT MBA IB admission test, a dedicated preparation of 4-5 months is recommended. IIFT exam's difficulty level lies between moderate to difficult and can be related to CAT and XAT exam levels.
IIFT 2022 Latest News and Updates:
- September 01, 2021: IIFT 2022 registration gets delayed; Exam notification yet to be released
- August 31, 2021: IIFT 2022 registration to start tomorrow. Check here the documents required to fill the form.
- August 27, 2021: IIFT 2022 to be conducted on December 05. Registrations to start from September 01, 2021.
- August 12, 2021: NTA to start IIFT MBA IB entrance registration anytime soon.
IIFT Exam Timings
|Events||IIFT 2022 exam timings|
|IIFT Exam Date||December 05, 2021|
|Timing of IIFT exam||10 am to 12 pm|
|Entry into the IIFT exam centre||8:30 am to 9:30 am|
|Last entry into the exam centre||9:30 am|
|Sitting on seat in the examination hall||9:45 am|
|Instructions by the invigilators||9:45 am to 9:50 am|
|Candidates login to read instructions||9:50 am|
|IIFT MBA admission test commence||10 am|
|IIFT exam 2022 concludes||12 pm|
Know all about IIFT 2022 in this video:
What is IIFT full form?
The IIFT full form is the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Admission Test. IIFT MBA (IB) entrance exam will be held in a single session as a computer-based test. The IIFT 2022 exam will be of 2 hours duration with maximum marks of 300 and will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for the third time and not by IIFT as was conducted earlier.
What is the IIFT exam for?
Admissions to the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade’s flagship programme, MBA in International Business (IB) is through an exclusive entrance exam namely the NTA IIFT exam. What is the entrance exam for IIFT? - NTA conducts the IIFT exam as a two-hour computer-based test for admissions to MBA (IB) programmes at IIFT Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses.
Students wishing to join the IIFT MBA (IB) program will have to qualify in the NTA IIFT 2022 and then clear the selection process - Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment, and Interview. The selection process will be held by IIFT in March/ April 2022 at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Mumbai.
IIFT Exam 2022: Highlights
Official website of IIFT exam
IIFT conducting body
National Testing Agency
IIFT 2022 exam date
December 5, 2021
IIFT exam pattern details
Duration: 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours
Mode: Computer-based test
Question Type: MCQs
|IIFT exam medium||English|
Admission in course
MBA (IB) at IIFT
IIFT Delhi, IIFT Kolkata and IIFT Kakinada
Registered candidates for IIFT 2021
Number of appeared candidates in IIFT 2021 exam
Total Seats through IIFT exam
|Number of IIFT test cities||68|
|IIFT exam helpdesk number||0120-6895200|
What is IIFT Eligibility?
- Candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Qualifying marks- Candidates belonging to the General category need to secure 50% marks in total aggregate and for the reserved category, there is a relaxation of 5% of marks.
- Those who are pursuing their final year of bachelor's degree are also eligible to appear for IIFT 2022.
How to fill the application form for IIFT 2022?
The registration for IIFT can be done on the NTA IIFT official website by entering a valid email ID in order to generate a user ID and password. Candidates are also required to upload the scanned photograph and signature to fill the application form of IIFT.
Steps to fill IIFT 2022 Application Form
The registration of IIFT is a four-step process. The steps for IIFT exam registration are given below:
Step 1 - IIFT Registration 2022
Step 2 - Login and fill the application form of the NTA IIFT exam
Step 3 - Upload the photograph, signature, and other required documents
Step 4 - Payment of IIFT exam application fee
What is the IIFT exam registration fee?
The registration fee for the IIFT exam will be Rs 1,000 for reserved category candidates and Rs 2,500 for other category candidates.
How many candidates registered and appeared for IIFT 2021?
In IIFT 2021, a total of 33,393 candidates registered for the exam while 27,944 candidates appeared for it.
Are 2 months enough for IIFT?
Normally, no 2 months are not enough for preparation for the IIFT exam. In case a candidate has already appeared for CAT or any other top-level management entrance exam, then 2 months are enough. However, if a candidate is starting from level 1, a minimum of 4-5 months of preparation is needed.
Is the IIFT exam tougher than CAT?
Both the exams are of moderate to high difficulty level but in IIFT, candidates have to solve 110 questions in 120 minutes while in CAT, candidates have to solve 100 questions in 120 minutes.
What percentile is needed in IIFT?
As per the past trends, the required percentile for shortlisting for IIFT MBA (IB) admission 2022 at different campuses of IIFT would be as follows:
- Expected Percentile for Delhi Campus: 98 & above.
- Expected Percentile for Kolkata Campus: 95 & above.
- Expected Percentile for Kakinada Campus: 90 & above.
What after IIFT 2022?
The result of IIFT 2022 will be declared by the last week of December 2021. Once the IIFT exam results are declared, the institute will release the IIFT shortlist for MBA IB programme in online mode. The institute conducts a personality assessment of the candidates who meet the cut-off of IIFT for admission. This personality assessment includes Essay Writing (EW), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Once this round is over, the institute evaluates each candidate who took the IIFT exam and participated in EW, GD and PI on several parameters and then the final merit list for MBA IB admission is released.
IIFT Fees Structure 2022-24 (Expected)
IIFT 2022 Contact Information
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
0120-6895200 (Operational 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM during working days)
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
IIFT 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
|Short Exam Name||IIFT|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
IIFT 2022 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
02 Sep, 2021 - 15 Oct, 2021
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
17 Oct, 2021 - 26 Oct, 2021
Application Correction | Mode: Online
05 Dec, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
Candidates who wish to apply for IIFT must check the eligibility criteria of IIFT 2022 before filling the application form. Given below eligibility criteria can be checked by candidates for IIFT 2022 entrance exam-
Educational Qualification - General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university/institute/college are eligible to apply. Whereas, SC, ST, and PwD category candidates with a minimum of 45% marks in graduation can also be able to fill the IIFT 2022 application form. Final year graduation students can also be able to fill the application form.
Age Limit - There is no age limit for candidates to apply for IIFT 2022 entrance exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
As per IIFT 2022 exam dates, the registration process for IIFT 2022 has begun in online mode. Candidates can register for IIFT 2022 till October 15, 2021. While registering for IIFT 2022, candidates will be required to enter personal details to create login credentials. In case if any candidate enters any wrong information, then they can be allowed to edit their information at the time of IIFT application form correction window that will open from October 17 to October 26, 2021. The IIFT 2022 application form correction window will take place in online mode. At the time of filling application form of IIFT exam 2022, one will have to pay the application fee in online mode.
The IIFT 2022 application process can be completed using the below-mentioned steps:
1. Candidates need to do a primary registration by filling in the personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
2. In the second step, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
3. The third step is the payment of the application fee i.e. Rs. 2500 for General and OBC Category candidates and Rs. 1000 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates. The application fee has paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and DD. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs is Rs. 15,000 that is US$200.
4. In the fourth and final step of the IIFT application form, candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of their photograph (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
5. Make sure that contact number(s) and email id are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam has sent to those only.
Video guide to fill IIFT application form 2022
|OBC, General||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 2500|
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 1000|
General knowledge and awareness
Logical reasoning and quantitative analysis
Student Appearing Vs Seat Available
|Year||Student Appeared||Seats Available|
Candidates who will appear for IIFT this should check the exam pattern of IIFT 2022. It allows them to know the topics covered in the exam, syllabus, and marking scheme and they can strategize their preparation accordingly. Here are the complete details related to the pattern of IIFT exam 2022.
Exam Pattern of IIFT 2022:
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes i.e. 2 hours|
Let us see the IIFT 2022 exam pattern in detail:
- IIFT will have four sections - Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability.
- The duration of the exam will be two hours - There will be no sectional time limit. The total marks for the exam will be 100. The number of questions keeps changing every year. Last year, the exam had 114 questions. The exam will have only multiple-choice questions.
- According to the IIFT 2022 exam pattern, there is negative marking for wrong answers and there is a differential marking scheme.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the admit card of IIFT 2022 after the closing of the registration window. Registered candidates will be able to download their IIFT 2022 admit card by using login credentials. The IIFT admit card includes all the details pertaining to the entrance exam such as candidate’s roll number, reporting time, exam centre details and exam day guidelines.
- The admit card of IIFT 2022 is available only after completion of the registration process.
- Candidates can able to download the IIFT admit card 2022 with the help of their registered id and password
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a photo id proof - Driving License, Aadhar id card, Election id card, Passport
- Without the admit card, no candidate are allowed to write the IIFT exam
- Candidates need to keep the admit card till the end of the admission process as it would be required at every stage of the admission
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- IIFT admit card
- Photo identity proof
- Passport size photograph
- PwD certificate if applicable
NTA will release the IIFT 2022 answer key after the conclusion of the entrance test. Candidates have to visit the official website of NTA to download the IIFT answer key. Candidates will also be able to challenge the IIFT answer key by producing adequate proof within stipulated date and time.
After receiving the answer key of IIFT 2022, the candidates can match their answers with the help of the response sheet and they can check if the tried answer is incorrect. Accordingly, candidates can challenge the IIFT answer key by providing adequate proof within stipulated time.
As of last year, candidates have to pay Rs. 1000 / - for a challenging question.
- To download the answer key of IIFT 2022, visit the official website of NTA.
- Now, find and click the "Download - Answer Key of IIFT 2022" on the homepage.
- It will carry the candidates to the login page. From there, they have to enter their IIFT login credentials to enter into the dashboard.
- In the dashboard, find the download answer key link and click on it.
- Finally, the NTA IIFT answer key 2022 will download in a pdf format.
The IIFT Result 2022 will be announced by NTA. Both the result and scorecard will be available in online mode. Candidates will be able to know the result and download the IIFT scorecard by entering their login credentials like IIFT Application number and Date of birth. IIFT will release the names of shortlisted candidates for the second round of interviews. More details are given below:
- Candidates can able to check the IIFT result 2022 on the official website of the IIFT exam.
- The result will be available in the form of a scorecard where candidates can able to check the sectional as well as the overall score.
- Candidates can able to download the scorecard in the form of a pdf file by logging in to the official website with their seven-digit IIFT roll number and date of birth.
- On the basis of the score, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection rounds - Writing Test, GD, and PI.
- The final IIFT 2022 result or selection will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
How to Check IIFT 2022 Result
- First go to the official website of NTA IIFT 2022
- Next, find and click the link called "IIFT 2022 NTA Score"
- It will redirect candidates to the result page. From there, candidates have to enter their IIFT application number, date of birth, and security pin.
- Then click the "Submit" button to view the IIFT exam result 2022.
- Download the IIFT scorecard and take a printout of it for future reference.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) will release the cutoff for the selection process of admission along with the list of shortlisted candidates. The list of shortlisted candidates will be available on the official website of IIFT.
National Testing Agency, NTA the conducting body of the IIFT exam will announce the IIFT 2022 cutoff along with the result which is likely to be declared in online mode. Given below details can be checked by candidates with reference to the cutoff of IIFT 2022:
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds will be called the IIFT 2022 cutoff
- The cutoff depends on various factors including the difficulty level of test, the total number of test-takers, number of seats available, etc
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT Delhi will be called for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centres may include Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc.,
- The cutoff of IIFT 2022 will be different for each category.
The selection process of IIFT 2022 will start after the announcement of the result.
- Based on the IIFT 2022 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process
- The IIFT 2022 selection process will include - Writing test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- The weightage given to each round is different. And the final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds including the IIFT 2022
IIFT 2022 GD and PI Process
Both Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round are an integral part of the selection process of IIFT 2022. Tentatively, the selection process will be conducted in the month of February/ March 2022. And the final IIFT 2022 result, the list of selected candidates for admission, is likely to be announced in the month of March.
GD and PI rounds are conducted to judge the communication skills, confidence level, interaction skills, personality, and possibly the knowledge of current affairs of the candidates. Apart from the writing test which is also the part of the selection process, candidates need to perform well in these two rounds to get the admission offer.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be - Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.
IIFT 2022 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- IIFT admit card
- IIFT scorecard
- Photo identity proof
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:How good is IIFT?
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the premier B-Schools in India. Both IIFT (Delhi) and IIFT (Kolkata) are counted among top ten grade B-Schools.
Question:Which B-schools accept IIFT Entrance test scores?
IIFT Entrance test scores are accepted by IIFT New Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada campus.
Question:What is the flagship course offered at IIFT?
The flagship course of IIFT is considered to be MBA-IB.
Question:Is there any Management Quota for MBA-IB Programme?
No, there is no management quota for admission to MBA-IB at IIFT.
Question:When will IIFT 2022 application process begin?
The application process of IIFT 2022 has begun on September 02, 2021.
Question:When will IIFT 2022 exam be conducted?
NTA will conduct IIFT 2022 on December 5, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm.
Question:When will IIFT answer key released?
The answer key of IIFT 2022 will be available in online mode tentatively in the third week of December.
Question:When will IIFT result 2021 released?
NTA will announce the IIFT 2022 result tentatively in the third week of February, in online mode.
Question:Is there any option to change my qualification details or category details in the IIFT application form?
Yes, NTA will start the correction window for the IIFT application form. Candidates can make a correction in the academic qualification and category field within stipulated time.
Question:Is there negative marking in IIFT exam?
Yes, there is negative marking for wrong answers. One mark is deducted for every wrong attempt in QA, VARC and LRDI and 0.5 marks is deducted for every wrong attempt in GK.
Questions related to IIFT
Today is 1 september and there is no link for IIFT registration.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will start the IIFT 2022 registrations on September 1, 2021. IIFT application form 2022 has to be filled in via online mode only on the official website iift.nta.nic.in. There is a delay in the release of the registration form. Keep an eye on the official website for the latest information. The officials have not released any news regarding the delay. The registration could start tomorrow. The last date to submit the IIFT application form is October 15, 2021.
if a sc category student has 67.77 in ssc , 52.27 in hsc , 7.0 cgpa in graduation and he is non engineer.if he score 99+ in cat so is there any chances that he will getting any call from old or main iim. he should target cat or he can prepare for other exam like xat , snap , nmat , iift ?
It is very difficult to state definitely whether you'll get a call from the old (IIMs I,K,L) or main (IIMs A,B,C) IIMs with your past academics records even on scoring 99+ percentile in CAT. There are reservations no doubt and you will be eligible for that, but usually for these IIMs especially IIM A,B and C, somewhat around 99 percentiles are required for non-engineers with good academic scores for non-reserved candidates.
All that said, under the CAT umbrella several other B-Schools come most of which do not see your past academics and a lot of them provide really good placements at par with IIMs. So with 99+ in CAT you'll easily be able to get calls from them.
Therefore, work hard for CAT and let fate decide what is in for you.
All the best.
Hi My acads are 95+ in 10th and 12 icse. Btech grad 2022 cgpa 7.7 What are top mba colleges I can target in 2021 and what percentile do i need for them? General, male
Your marks in 10th and 12th marks are very good ,your marks in graduation average and overall you have a decent academic profile and with a good score in CAT, you can easily manage your average score in your graduation. You can target IIMs which are the top B - schools in India and even target Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi (FMS, DU) which is one of the top most schools and doesn't gives weightage to graduation marks for the selection process. FMS selection parameters weightage is given below for reference,
CAT 2020 score
Class 10th marks
Class 12th marks
Discussion on statement of purpose
You can get details at
Coming to score you should get,
It completely depends upon the college you want to get it admission in and some of the top colleges with their expected cutoff percentile in the provided below
Expected final CAT cut off percentile for admission
Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi (FMS, DU)
DMS, IIT Delhi
97 to 98
Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
For details about cut off visit :-
To help you further,
Here's a brief of general admission process in mba
---) Appear in entrance like CAT, MAT etc
---) then you get shortlisted on the basis of your score obtained by you in entrance exam,your academic profile ,work experience etc
---) Then you have to go through WAT i. e written ability test/GDi. e group discussion/PI i. e personal interview, and then you are finally selected for admission on the basis of performance in these rounds , percentile score in entrance exam, academic profile like percentage of marks obtained by you in class 10th, 12th and graduation and work experience etc. The admission process may vary from one college to another.
For detailed information you can also refer our page the link for the same is provided below
Which commerce college of Ahmedabad for b.com is best for get admission in IIM IIFT FMS JBIMS SPJIMR XLRI in future
Hello student B.com has nothing to do with your MBA entrance examination. If you score good in your graduation your chances to get into top MBA college will increase.
If you've good academic background then yes it'll be easy to get admission in the institute you've me mentioned as there's weightage for marks obtained in class 10, 12 and graduation.
Top B.com colleges in Ahmedabad are as mentioned below -
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad
Shri KK Shastri Government Commerce College, Maninagar
Government Commerce College, Naroda
Gujarat Commerce College, Ahmedabad
Government RC College of Commerce, Ahmedabad
Gujarat Arts and Commerce College Evening, Ahmedabad
I request you to please help me with your preferable college so that I can check and provide you the exact information about eligibility requirements and admission process as it vary from college to college.
For more details refer to the link mentioned below - https://university.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-commerce-degree-colleges-in-ahmedabad
Feel free to comment if you've any doubt
How many commerce students of Ahmedabad Who selected in IIM FMS IIFT SPJIMR JBIMS from b.com colleges of Ahmedabad
The percentage of commerce students in IIMs is 18%. The ratio was 23% in 2018,21 percent in 2019 for Commerce students.
All other colleges also have the almost same ratio. But it is true that whether you are from a commerce, science or art background at the end you'll be tested based on your skills and your performance in the entrance exam.
Hope this will help, All the best!!