Latest Update for IIFT
- 31 Oct 2023:
- 10 Aug 2023:
- 26 Jun 2023:
Check out the latest IIFT 2024 exam pattern here.
Stay up-to date with IIFT News
About IIFT 2024
IIFT 2024: IIFT admission to MBA (International Business) and MBA (Business Analytics) will be granted on the basis of the CAT 2023 score. CAT 2023 entrance test is scheduled to be held on November 26. Candidates will be given admission on the basis of CAT scores, Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), Extempore, Personal Interview (PI), etc. IIFT has released the IIFT application form for admission in online mode on October 27, 2023.
What is IIFT 2024?
The full form of the IIFT is the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Admission Test. For admission to MBA (IB) 2024-26 batch, it is mandatory for candidates to appear for the CAT 2023 entrance test. MBA (International Business) course offered by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada. Last year MBA in Business Analytics programme was launched in the IIFT Delhi campus.
IIFT 2024: Highlights
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
Official website of IIFT 2024
Admission in course
MBA (International Business and Business Analytics)
IIFT Delhi, IIFT Kolkata, and IIFT Kakinada
IIFT Program Wise Seat Intake 2024
|Program name||Seat Intake|
|MBA (International Business)||There are a total of 258 seats in the IIFT Delhi Campus and 253 seats in the Kolkata campus. Seats are reserved as per the Government of India's (GOI) norms.|
|There are a total of 60 seats in Delhi campus. Seats are reserved for the specified categories as per the Government of India's (GOI) norms. The reservations are subject to candidates meeting the IIFT admission requirements of the institute under this category.|
IIFT Fee Structure 2024-26
NOTE: Candidates who belong to SC, ST, and PwD categories will get a concession of 50% in tuition fees only. For that, they will have to apply under the reserved category during the IIFT registration.
IIFT 2024 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
|Short Exam Name||IIFT|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
IIFT 2024 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
27 Oct, 2023 - 06 Dec, 2023
Application - IIFT Admission Registration | Mode: Online Ongoing
Candidates who wish to take admission to the MBA (IB) program at the IIFT campuses will have to fill out the admission form for the same but first, they need to fulfill the specified IIFT eligibility criteria. At the time of admission, candidates will have to produce CAT scorecard and should fulfill the required eligibility criteria. Program-wise IIFT admission eligibility criteria are as follows.
MBA (International Business)
- Educational Qualification- Candidates should have completed their Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years' duration in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories).
- Those candidates who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to fill out the IIFT 2024 admission registration form. They can submit their passing certificate by October 31, 2024.
- Age Limit - There is no age limit for candidates to apply for the IIFT 2024 admission.
MBA (Business Analytics)
- Educational Qualification- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks in total aggregate or 5.0 CGPA out of 10. Also, candidates should have Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects at the graduation level.
- OR candidates must hold B.E/ B.Tech degree in any discipline from a recognized institute/ university with at least 50% marks in total aggregate of 5.0 CGPA out of 10.
- OR candidates have done their Graduation with a minimum 50% marks in aggregate or 5.0 CGPA and should have studied Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level. Applied Mathematics in 10+2 will not be considered.
- Those candidates who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to fill out the IIFT 2024 admission registration form. They can submit their passing certificate by October 31, 2024. No request for extension of time for re-evaluation etc. will be entertained.
- Age Limit - There is no age limit for candidates to apply for the IIFT 2024 admission.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
IIFT 2024 admission registrations begin on October 27 in online mode and the last date is December 6. At the time of IIFT admission registrations, candidates are required to enter their personal details to generate login credentials.
Details required to fill IIFT admission registration form 2024
- Valid Email ID (This Email ID shall be used to communicate with the candidate in the near future) & mobile number valid for at least the next year.
- Personal and educational Qualification details
- Details of Debit/ Credit card/ Net Banking/ UPI for making fee
- Scanned copy of Recent Photograph (not more than 3 weeks old in jpg/ jpeg format and size should be less than 50 kb)
- Scanned copy of signature with a black ink pen (in jpg/ jpeg format and size should be less than 50 kb)
- Scanned copies of class 10th & 12th Marksheet (in jpeg/ pdf format)
- Scanned copy of Degree/ Provisional Certificate/ Consolidated Marksheet for essential qualification i.e. Graduation (in jpeg/ pdf format)
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate (for SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL)/ PWD/ EWS/ Kashmiri Migrants) issued by the Competent AUthority (in jpeg/ pdf format)
- Copy of GMAT Score (if applicable)
IIFT Admission Registration Fees 2024
|Category name||Application fee|
|For General / OBCNCL, EWS Candidates||Rs 3,000|
|For SC / ST / PWD / TRANSGENDER Candidates||Rs 1,500|
How to fill out the IIFT admission registration form?
Candidates are required to apply online through the official website- applyadmission.net/IIFT2024. Entries in the IIFT admission registration form are required to be filled only in English. Refer to the following steps while filling out the IIFT admission form 2024.
Step 1- Candidates are required to visit the official website and click on the (New Login) tab to generate login credentials
Step 2- Keep all the essential documents ready
Step 3- Already Logged-in candidate to complete the process by filling out the IIFT online application form (Login to your account)
- Fill IIFT 2024 application form
- Uploading of documents
- Select Programme/ Campus/ City
- Make Payment/ Submit Application
- Print IIFT application form for future reference
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1250|
|General, EWS, OBC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2500|
Student Appearing Vs Seat Available
|Year||Student Appeared||Seats Available|
Admission to the MBA (IB & BA) program will be offered on the basis of a CAT score. Here are the complete details related to the pattern of the CAT exam.
CAT Exam Pattern 2023
CAT exam time duration
2 Hours (120 Minutes)
Name of the Section
Section-wise CAT exam duration
CAT exam timings
How many questions in CAT exam
CAT exam total marks
Mode of the CAT 2023 exam
Computer-Based Mode (CBT)
CAT Marking Scheme
Click here to check all the details related to the CAT exam pattern 2023.
IIFT 2024 admission will be based on CAT scores only. Hence, the IIFT admit card will not be issued. IIM CAT admit card will be issued on November 7, 2023, in online mode. Those candidates who are seeking admission to MBA (International Business) and MBA (Business Analytics) on the basis of CAT score, can download the CAT admit card by visiting the official website- iimcat.ac.in.
Know all about CAT admit card 2023
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) will release the cutoff for the selection process of admission along with the list of shortlisted candidates. The list of shortlisted candidates will be available on the official website of IIFT.
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds will be called the IIFT 2024 cutoff
- The cutoff depends on various factors of CAT exam which includes the difficulty level of the test, the total number of test-takers, the number of seats available, etc
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT Delhi will be called for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centres may include Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc.,
- The cutoff of IIFT 2024 will be different for each category.
The selection process for IIFT 2024 will start after the announcement of the CAT result.
- Based on the IIFT 2024 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process
- The IIFT 2024 selection process will include a writing test, a Group Discussion, and a Personal Interview
- The weightage given to each round is different. The final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds including the CAT 2023 entrance exam.
IIFT 2024 GD and PI Process
Both Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round are an integral part of the selection process of IIFT 2024. Tentatively, the selection process will be conducted in the month of March/ April 2024. And the final list of selected candidates for admission, is likely to be announced in the month of May.
GD and PI rounds are conducted to judge the communication skills, confidence level, interaction skills, personality, and possibly the knowledge of current affairs of the candidates. Apart from the writing test which is also part of the selection process, candidates need to perform well in these two rounds to get the admission offer.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be - Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.
IIFT 2024 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- CAT scorecard
- Photo identity proof
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Which B-schools accept IIFT Entrance test scores?
IIFT Entrance test scores are accepted by IIFT New Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campus but this year CAT score will be accepted this year instead of IIFT score.
Question:How good is IIFT?
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the premier B-Schools in India. Both IIFT (Delhi) and IIFT (Kolkata) are counted among top ten grade B-Schools.
Question:When will IIFT 2024 application process begin? What is the last date for IIFT registration 2024?
IIFT 2024 application form is available in online mode from October 27, 2023 onwards. Interested and eligible candidates can fill out the IIFT admission registration form till December 6, 2023.
Question:Is there any management quota for MBA-IB Programme?
No, there is no management quota for admission to MBA-IB at IIFT.
Question:What is the flagship course offered at IIFT?
The flagship course of IIFT is considered to be MBA-IB.
Questions related to IIFT
iift test centers in ghitorni, Delhi
As I have searched there are no IIFT exam centres in Ghitorni. New Delhi is the official centre of IIFT. Candidates can select three cities according to their comfort while filling online application form of IIFT. Almost 40000 students register for this exam and 35,000 students appear for the exam.
what can be my salary after diploma in fashion designing by IIFT ?
On initial state you average salary is approximate 2-3 LPA. But after you get experience your salary may increase with experience to approximate 9-10 LPA.
Some top recruiting company which give good package:
- Allen Solly
- Donatella Versace
- Calvin Klein
For more information visit:
Hope this helps
I want a course offering iift salabus and guidance
The syllabus of IIFT includes topics from Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation (DILR) and General Knowledge. Knowing the exam syllabus in detail will help candidates in a better preparation. IIFT is a national level entrance exam for admission to MBA (IB) programme at various IIFT campuses.
For more information refer the following link from careers 360.
if a sc category student has 67.77 in ssc , 52.27 in hsc , 7.0 cgpa in graduation and he is non engineer.if he score 99+ in cat so is there any chances that he will getting any call from old or main iim. he should target cat or he can prepare for other exam like xat , snap , nmat , iift ?
It is very difficult to state definitely whether you'll get a call from the old (IIMs I,K,L) or main (IIMs A,B,C) IIMs with your past academics records even on scoring 99+ percentile in CAT. There are reservations no doubt and you will be eligible for that, but usually for these IIMs especially IIM A,B and C, somewhat around 99 percentiles are required for non-engineers with good academic scores for non-reserved candidates.
All that said, under the CAT umbrella several other B-Schools come most of which do not see your past academics and a lot of them provide really good placements at par with IIMs. So with 99+ in CAT you'll easily be able to get calls from them.
Therefore, work hard for CAT and let fate decide what is in for you.
All the best.
I want to pursue MBA in International Business next year. can anyone help me suggesting which college is better for this course, IIFT or any other college? Thanks in Advance!
Hope you are doing well
Top MBA in International Business College in India are :-
- School of Business, UPES Dehradun - School of Business University of Petroleum and Energy Studies.
- Christ University, Bangalore.
- Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- UBS Chandigarh - University Business School Panjab University.
- School of Management, Dr DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai.
- Chandigarh University (CU)
- Parul University.
- MDI Gurgaon - Management Development Institute.
- Department of Management Sciences, Pune University (PUMBA)
- Jamia Millia Islamia [JMI]
- Jaipuria Noida - Jaipuria Institute of Management.
For more Colleges, Here is the link :-
Hope its help you.
Feel free to ask any query.
All the best for future.