About IIFT 2021
IIFT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted once in a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA), for admission to MBA (IB) program offered by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. IIFT 2021 is likely to be conducted in the first week of December 2020, in online or computer-based mode across various exam centres in India. Previous year, in IIFT 2020, around 39,752 candidates had registered for the exam. The application process for IIFT 2021 will be available tentatively from the second week of September and will continue until the first week of November. Before filling the application form, candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria. Candidates have to register for the exam in online mode. The result of IIFT 2021 will be declared in the second week of December 2020. Candidates who qualify the exam will be shortlisted for the selection process - Writing Test, GD, and PI which is likely to be conducted in the month of January or February 2021.
IIFT 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
|Short Exam Name||IIFT|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1650 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
IIFT 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
10 Sep, 2020 - 05 Nov, 2020 (Tentative)
Application | Mode: Online
11 Nov, 2020 (Tentative)
Application Correction - Start Date | Mode: Online
17 Nov, 2020 (Tentative)
Admit Card | Mode: Online
05 Dec, 2020 (Tentative)
Exam | Mode: Online
09 Dec, 2020 (Tentative)
Answer Key | Mode: Online
11 Dec, 2020 (Tentative)
Result | Mode: Online
08 Jan, 2021 - 10 Feb, 2021 (Tentative)
Counselling | Mode: Online
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must check the IIFT 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Given below eligibility criteria can be checked by candidates for IIFT 2021 entrance exam-
1. General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognised university/institute/college will be eligible to apply.
2. SC, ST and PwD category candidates with minimum 45% marks in graduation will also be able to fill the form.
3. Final year graduation students will also be able to fill the application form.
4. There will be no age limit for candidates to apply for IIFT 2021 entrance exam.
Note that the eligibility criteria remains more or less the same every year.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The application process of IIFT 2021 will commence tentatively from the second week of September. NTA will allow candidates to fill the IIFT 2021 application form in online mode on the official website. Candidates will be able to fill the IIFT application form 2021 till the first week of November. The IIFT 2020 application process can be filled using the below mentioned steps:
1. Candidates will need to do a primary registration by filling in the personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
2. In the second step, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
3. The third step is the payment of application fee i.e. tentatively Rs. 1650 for General and OBC Category candidates and tentatively Rs. 825 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates. The application fee will be paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and DD. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs will be Rs. 5500.
4. In the fourth and final step of the IIFT 2020 application form, candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of their photograph (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
5. Make sure that contact number(s) and email id are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam will be sent to those only.
|General, OBC||Online, Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1650|
|ST, General, OBC, SC||PWD||Online, Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 825|
IIFT 2021 Syllabus
General knowledge and awareness
Logical reasoning and quantitative analysis
Candidates who are planning to appear for the entrance exam this year must know the IIFT 2021 exam pattern. It will allow them to know the topics covered in the exam, syllabus, and marking scheme and they can strategies their preparation accordingly. Here are the complete details related to the IIFT exam pattern 2021.
Exam Pattern of IIFT 2021:
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes i.e. 2 hours|
Let us see the IIFT 2021 exam pattern in detail:
- IIFT will have six sections - English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis.
- The duration of the exam will be two hours. There will be no sectional time limit. The total marks for the exam will be 100. The number of questions keep changing every year. Last year, the exam had 114 questions. The exam has only multiple choice questions.
- According to the IIFT 2021 exam pattern, there is negative marking for wrong answers and there is a differential marking scheme.
Admit card is the must-have document for every candidate to appear for IIFT 2021 exam. Candidates need to carry the IIFT 2021 admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Only the candidates who will fill and submit the application form of IIFT 2021 along with the application fee would be able to download the admit card. Given below details can be checked by candidates:
- The admit card of IIFT 2021 will be available tentatively in the third week of November
- Candidates will be able to download the IIFT admit card 2021 with the help of their registered id and password
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a photo id proof - Driving License, Aadhar id card, Election id card, Passport
- Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to write the IIFT 2021 exam
- Candidates need to keep the admit card till the end of the admission process as it would be required at every stage of the admission
IIFT 2021 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Tirupathi Naidu Palli|
|Daman and Diu||Daman|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramulla|
Documents Required at Exam
- IIFT admit card
- Photo identity proof
- Passport size photograph
The result of IIFT 2021 exam will be declared tentatively in the second week of December, 2020. Both the result and scorecard will be available in online mode. IIFT will release the names of shortlisted candidates for the second round of interview. More details are given below:
- Candidates will be able to check the IIFT result 2021 on the official website of the exam.
- The result will be available in the form of a scorecard where candidates will be able to check the sectional as well as the overall score.
- Candidates will be able to download the scorecard in the form of a pdf file by logging in to the official website with their seven-digit IIFT roll number and date of birth.
- On the basis of the score, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI.
- The final IIFT 2021 result or selection will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
National Testing Agency, NTA the conducting body of the exam will announce the IIFT 2021 cutoff along with the result which is likely to be declared in online mode. Given below details can be checked by candidates with reference to the cutoff of IIFT 2021:
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds will be called the IIFT 2021 cutoff
- The cutoff depends on various factors including the difficulty level of test, the total number of test-takers, number of seats available, etc
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT Delhi will be called for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centres includes Ahmadabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc.,
- The cutoff of IIFT 2021 will be different for each category.
The selection process of IIFT 2021 will start after the announcement of the result.
- Based on the IIFT 2021 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process
- The IIFT 2020 selection process will include - Writing test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- The weightage given to each round is different. And the final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds including the IIFT 202
IIFT 2021 GD and PI Process
Both Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round are an integral part of the selection process of IIFT 2021. Tentatively, the selection process will be conducted in the month of January/February 2021. And the final IIFT 2021 result, the list of selected candidates for admission, is likely to be announced in the month of March.
GD and PI rounds are conducted to judge the communication skills, confidence level, interaction skills, personality, and possibly the knowledge of current affairs of the candidates. Apart from the writing test which is also the part of the selection process, candidates need to perform well in these two rounds to get the admission offer.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be - Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.
IIFT 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- IIFT admit card
- IIFT scorecard
- Photo identity proof
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How good is IIFT?
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the premier B-Schools in India. Both IIFT (Delhi) and IIFT (Kolkata) are counted among top ten grade B-Schools.
Question: Which B-schools accept IIFT Entrance test scores?
IIFT Entrance test scores are accepted by IIFT New Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada campus.
Question: What is the flagship course offered at IIFT?
The flagship course of IIFT is considered to be MBA - IB.
Question: Is there any Management Quota for MBA-IB Programme?
No, there is no management quota for admission to MBA-IB at IIFT.
Questions related to IIFT
Which one is better , IIM Ranchi or IIFT Kolkata?
In my opinion IIM RANCHI is far better than iift kolkata because tag matters in life. If you get passed out from IIM then beleive me you can work in abroad easily. But in case of IIFT KOLKATA you will not get that reputation. Also placement statistics is far better than iift kolkata and high chances of getting selected as CEO of the company directly.
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE!!!
what is nid,nift,uceed,iift who are eligible and all about them
here are the answers for your question-
NID is basically a design college where students are taught about designs in various fields.the eligibility criteria for the exam is-
students must have passed the Bachelor degree examinations, they should have a Full-time Diploma of minimum 4-year duration in any of the fields such as Design/ Architecture/Fine Arts/Applied Arts, after 12th standard, from any university .
UCEED conducts exams to get students for IITs and also to some design colleges. the eligibility criteria is-
students must complete the HSC exam/10+2 board exams.Students who will appear in the 10+2 board exam in the year 2021 are also eligible to apply for the admission under UCEED . 2021.
NIFT :it stands for National institute of fashion technology.This is India's premier institute for fashion design.The eligibility criteria for this exam is-
.UG: 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board
PG: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a recognized University
IIFT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted once in a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA), This exam is for the students who wants admission to MBA program offered by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.The eligibility criteria for this exam is -
candidates should possess a Bachelors' degree of a minimum of 3 years in any discipline from a recognized university. Students should have obtained at least 50% marks in graduation .
Hope that helps
All the best.
can i leave a section in iift exam untouched
Hope you are doing well. The answer to your question is NO. You should not leave a section untouched in IIFT entrance exam. As per the exam pattern of IIFT , there will be sectional cutoff. So if you answer the questions in three sections and leave any one section untouched, your chances of selection will be loosed.
Check - IIFT Cutoff 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017: Check Expected and Previous Year Cutoff to know sectional cutoff details.
Out of MAT, CMAT, SNAP, XAT and IIFT, which is the exam whose result is accepted by more B-Schools and which of them should I prepare for, apart from CAT ?
For a Bschool CAT , MAT and CMAT scores are more acceptable by B-school.
If you have a specialisation choosen already than search for colleges those are best with the placement too.
Thanks and regards
How many students who converted initially to Kolkata, IIFT could convert finally to Delhi in 2019?
Hi bs rao,
Though the CAT score is important, there are other relative factors which will finally decide your conversion. At this stage what you have in your hand is only one thing: “the best impression you can leave on the interview panel”. Be smart and intelligent in your answers so that they just cannot deny you the admission!!
IIFT exam score has got significant weightage in determining the final convert list. However, your performance in WAT-GD-PI plays an important role too. Usually, GWPI has 30–40% weightage, including points for diversity (academic/ gender).
Having said that, a 99 percentiler does have an edge over a 95 percentiler but GWPI can be a game change