About IIFT 2021
National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the IIFT Result 2021 in online mode on its official website on February 16, 2021. Candidates can able to know the result and download the IIFT scorecard by entering their login credentials like IIFT application number and date of birth. NTA will release the IIFT cutoff 2021 on its official site soon. IIFT 2021 was conducted on January 24 in computer-based mode. Admissions to IIFT MBA (IB) program will be through IIFT NTA 2021 which is a two-hour computer-based exam. Last year, 39,752 candidates had registered for the IIFT NTA exam.
Latest IIFT Update: NTA has released the IIFT 2021 Result on February 16.
Admissions to 258 seats in IIFT Delhi Campus and 253 seats in IIFT Kolkata Campus are on the basis of the scores obtained in the NTA IIFT 2021 exam. Candidates who qualify in the NTA IIFT 2021 exam will have to face a GD and PI which is part of the IIFT selection process 2021.
What is the IIFT exam for MBA?
Admissions to the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade’s flagship programme, "MBA in International Business (IB)" is through an exclusive entrance exam namely the NTA IIFT exam. What is the entrance exam for IIFT? - NTA conducted IIFT exam is a two-hour computer based test for admissions to MBA (IB) programmes at IIFT Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses. Candidates may note that the Kakinada campus is subject to approval following which admissions will commence.
Students wishing to join the IIFT MBA (IB) programme will have to qualify in the NTA IIFT 2021 and then clear the selection process - Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment, and Interview. The selection process will be held by IIFT in March/ April 2021 at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Mumbai.
IIFT 2021- Highlights
|IIFT establishment year||1963|
|Flagship programme||Full time MBA|
|Scorecard accepted||IIFT entrance exam|
|Application mode||Online/ offline|
|Mode of education||Fulltime, Online and Weekend|
IIFT 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
|Short Exam Name||IIFT|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
IIFT 2021 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
16 Feb, 2021
Result | Mode: Online
10 Feb, 2021 - 12 Feb, 2021
Application Correction - Fields Of Category And Academic Qualification Section | Mode: Online
28 Jan, 2021 - 30 Jan, 2021
Answer Key | Mode: Online
24 Jan, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
16 Jan, 2021 - 23 Jan, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
01 Jan, 2021 - 03 Jan, 2021
Application Correction | Mode: Online
06 Nov, 2020 - 30 Dec, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
06 Nov, 2020 - 30 Dec, 2020
Application Fee Payment | Mode: Online
Candidates who wish to apply for IIFT must check the IIFT 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Given below eligibility criteria can be checked by candidates for IIFT 2021 entrance exam-
Educational Qualification - General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university/institute/college are eligible to apply. Whereas, SC, ST, and PwD category candidates with a minimum of 45% marks in graduation can also be able to fill the IIFT 2021 application form. Final year graduation students can also be able to fill the application form.
Age Limit - There is no age limit for candidates to apply for IIFT 2021 entrance exam.
Note that the eligibility criteria remain more or less the same every year.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has opened the IIFT 2021 application form correction window once again during the period from February 10 to 12, 2021. Candidates will be able to make a correction in the fields of academic qualifications and category only. Those who had selected "others" in their graduation field are required to specify their qualification in the IIFT 2021 application form.
Previously, the application process of IIFT 2021 was commenced on November 06, 2020. NTA was allowed candidates to fill the IIFT 2021 application form in online mode on the official website. The IIFT 2020 application process can be completed using the below-mentioned steps:
1. Candidates need to do a primary registration by filling in the personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
2. In the second step, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
3. The third step is the payment of the application fee i.e. Rs. 2500 for General and OBC Category candidates and Rs. 1000 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates. The application fee has paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and DD. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs is Rs. 15,000 that is US$200.
4. In the fourth and final step of the IIFT application form, candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of their photograph (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
5. Make sure that contact number(s) and email id are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam has sent to those only.
|OBC, General||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2500|
|ST, SC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1000|
Student Appearing Vs Seat Available
|Year||Student Appeared||Seats Available|
IIFT 2021 Syllabus
General knowledge and awareness
Logical reasoning and quantitative analysis
Candidates who are appeared for IIFT this year are all well-known for the IIFT 2021 exam pattern. It allows them to know the topics covered in the exam, syllabus, and marking scheme and they can strategize their preparation accordingly. Here are the complete details related to the IIFT exam pattern 2021.
Exam Pattern of IIFT 2021:
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes i.e. 2 hours|
Let us see the IIFT 2021 exam pattern in detail:
- IIFT will have four sections - Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability.
- The duration of the exam will be two hours - There will be no sectional time limit. The total marks for the exam will be 100. The number of questions keeps changing every year. Last year, the exam had 114 questions. The exam will have only multiple-choice questions.
- According to the IIFT 2021 exam pattern, there is negative marking for wrong answers and there is a differential marking scheme.
IIFT admit card 2021 has been released on January 16 in online mode. Admit card is the must-have document for every candidate to appear for IIFT 2021 exam. Candidates need to carry the IIFT 2021 admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Only the candidates who filled and submit the application form of IIFT 2021 along with the application fee would be able to download the admit card. Given below details can be checked by candidates:
- The admit card of IIFT 2021 is available only after completion of the registration process.
- Candidates can able to download the IIFT admit card 2021 with the help of their registered id and password
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a photo id proof - Driving License, Aadhar id card, Election id card, Passport
- Without the admit card, no candidate are allowed to write the IIFT exam
- Candidates need to keep the admit card till the end of the admission process as it would be required at every stage of the admission
IIFT 2021 Exam Centers
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- IIFT admit card
- Photo identity proof
- Passport size photograph
- PwD certificate if applicable
National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the IIFT answer key 2021 (provisional) in online mode on January 28. Candidates will have to visit the official website by using their IIFT login credentials to download the IIFT 2021 answer key.
After receiving the answer key of IIFT 2021, the candidates can match their answers with the help of the response sheet and they can check if the tried answer is incorrect. Accordingly, candidates can challenge the IIFT answer key till January 30, 2021 by providing adequate proof.
As of last year, candidates have to pay Rs. 1000 / - for a challenging question.
- To download the answer key of IIFT 2021, visit the official website of NTA.
- Now, find and click the "Download - Answer Key of IIFT 2021" on the homepage.
- It will carry the candidates to the login page. From there, they have to enter their IIFT login credentials to enter into the dashboard.
- In the dashboard, find the download answer key link and click on it.
- Finally, the NTA IIFT answer key 2021 will download in a pdf format.
The IIFT Result 2021 has been declared by NTA on February 16, 2021. Both the result and scorecard are available in online mode. Candidates can able to know the result and download the IIFT scorecard by entering their login credentials like IIFT Application number and Date of birth. IIFT will release the names of shortlisted candidates for the second round of interviews. More details are given below:
- Candidates can able to check the IIFT result 2021 on the official website of the IIFT exam.
- The result is available in the form of a scorecard where candidates can able to check the sectional as well as the overall score.
- Candidates can able to download the scorecard in the form of a pdf file by logging in to the official website with their seven-digit IIFT roll number and date of birth.
- On the basis of the score, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection rounds - Writing Test, GD, and PI.
- The final IIFT 2021 result or selection will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
How to Check IIFT 2021 Result
- First go to the official website of NTA IIFT 2021
- Next, find and click the link called "IIFT 2021 NTA Score"
- It will redirect candidates to the result page. From there, candidates have to enter their IIFT application number, date of birth, and security pin.
- Then click the "Submit" button to view the IIFT exam result 2021.
- Download the IIFT scorecard and take a printout of it for future reference.
National Testing Agency, NTA the conducting body of the IIFT exam will announce the IIFT 2021 cutoff along with the result which is likely to be declared in online mode. Given below details can be checked by candidates with reference to the cutoff of IIFT 2021:
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds will be called the IIFT 2021 cutoff
- The cutoff depends on various factors including the difficulty level of test, the total number of test-takers, number of seats available, etc
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT Delhi will be called for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centres may include Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc.,
- The cutoff of IIFT 2021 will be different for each category.
The selection process of IIFT 2021 will start after the announcement of the result.
- Based on the IIFT 2021 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process
- The IIFT 2020 selection process will include - Writing test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- The weightage given to each round is different. And the final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds including the IIFT 2021
IIFT 2021 GD and PI Process
Both Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round are an integral part of the selection process of IIFT 2021. Tentatively, the selection process will be conducted in the month of February/ March 2021. And the final IIFT 2021 result, the list of selected candidates for admission, is likely to be announced in the month of March.
GD and PI rounds are conducted to judge the communication skills, confidence level, interaction skills, personality, and possibly the knowledge of current affairs of the candidates. Apart from the writing test which is also the part of the selection process, candidates need to perform well in these two rounds to get the admission offer.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be - Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.
IIFT 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- IIFT admit card
- IIFT scorecard
- Photo identity proof
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How good is IIFT?
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the premier B-Schools in India. Both IIFT (Delhi) and IIFT (Kolkata) are counted among top ten grade B-Schools.
Question: Which B-schools accept IIFT Entrance test scores?
IIFT Entrance test scores are accepted by IIFT New Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada campus.
Question: What is the flagship course offered at IIFT?
The flagship course of IIFT is considered to be MBA-IB.
Question: Is there any Management Quota for MBA-IB Programme?
No, there is no management quota for admission to MBA-IB at IIFT.
Question: When will IIFT 2021 application process begin?
The application form of IIFT 2021 was available from November 06, 2020 in an online mode.
Question: When will IIFT 2021 exam be conducted?
NTA was conducted IIFT 2021 on January 24, 2021
Question: When will IIFT answer key released?
The answer key of IIFT 2021 has released in online mode on January 28.
Question: When will IIFT result 2021 released?
NTA has declared the IIFT 2021 result on February 16, 2021, in online mode.
Question: Is there any option to change my qualification details or category details in the IIFT application form?
Yes, NTA has opened the correction window for the IIFT application form on February 10, 2021. Candidates can make a correction in the academic qualification and category field till February 12, 2021.
Questions related to IIFT
What was the cutoff of GK last time in terms of percentile i.e at 5 marks? Will cutoff go till 45 percentile. I remember at 7 marks last time, we got around 62 percentile and the cutoff was 5
Please mention more details of the course and institute in which you interested for as there are different cutoff for different examinations. Please elaborate your question and feel free to ask your doubts here for quick resolution of your query.
What is different between CAT and IIFT?
CAT has a fixed number of 100 questions while IIFT goes on changing its number of questions every year. As such CAT has a fixed exam pattern and IIFT exam pattern changes each year. CAT is the mandatory entrance test for admission to IIMs and IIFT entrance test is the mandatory entrance test for admission to MBA (IB) in all the three campuses of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. CAT has uniform marking pattern for each correct answer with +3 marks while IIFT marking pattern varies between 0.5 mark to 1 mark for each correct answer. CAT offers admission opportunity in 20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, IITs, NITIE, IMI, SPJIMR, JBIMS among others while IIFT entrance exam is institute based and offers admission in IIFT Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada campuses. CAT is a computer based test while IIFT is a paper based test.
Hope, this information helps you.
when will IIFT result declare?
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) result is expected to be declared in the second week of February. And now, second week is going on, so the results can be declared anytime. Keep an eye over the official website - http://iift.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
Refer here for more info - IIFT 2021 - Result, Cutoff, Selection Procedure, Answer Key for MBA (IB) (careers360.com)
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
I hope this information helps you.
CAT or IIFT entrance exam conducted by NTA, which one is harder?
Both CAT - Common admission test and Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Admission Test - IIFT is moderate to tough in its own way. Few students find cat to be tough then IIFT and many students find IIFT a bit tougher than CAT. IIFT is considered relatively tough also because of the time provided for exam. One advantage which IIFT offers is that you can shuffle between the sections. Also, there are few sitter questions which can be found in both the exams.
Hope this helps.. good luck
i got seat at Indian institute of fashion technology iift banglore there is no exam due to pandemic it seems.just formal interview.is it good college? placements are good? can i proceed to go for iift bangalore college for masters of fashion management
IIFT Bangalore is good college for fashion. Due to research infrastructure is good in this college. Classrooms are good and practical classes class rooms also new design. Library good. All important books are available here. Faculties are very well knowledgeable and supportive. Placement also good so many big big companies like Lifestyle, Reliance Trend, Tommy Hilfiger, PN Rao, Tamanna boutique, Shoppers Stop etc are coming. You can join here.
All the best.