About IIFT 2019
IIFT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted annually by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, for admission to its MBA (IB) program. IIFT 2019 was conducted on December 2, 2018, in offline or paper-pencil mode at around 18 exam centres across India. Through this exam, IIFT Delhi offers around 600 seats at its Delhi and Kolkata campus. Around 75,000 candidates appeared for the exam. IIFT 2019 result was declared on January 15, 2019. As many as 2097 candidates have been shortlisted for further selection rounds.
The application process for IIFT 2019 started on August 6, 2018. Candidates had to register for the exam online in online mode. The last date to fill the application was on September 14, 2018. The admit card was available from November 16, 2018, onwards. Candidates who qualify the exam will be shortlisted for the selection process - Writing Test, GD, and PI.
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||Once a year|
|Conducting Body:||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
Download all details about IIFT 2019Download Brochure
IIFT 2019 Important Dates
|08 Jan, 2019 - 28 Feb, 2019 (Tentative)||Counselling | Mode: Offline|
|06 Aug, 2018 - 24 Sep, 2018||Application | Mode: Online|
|02 Dec, 2018||Exam | Mode: Offline|
|24 Jan, 2019||Score Card | Mode: Online|
|15 Jan, 2019||Result | Mode: Online|
|16 Nov, 2018||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|05 Nov, 2018||Choice of Exam City - Last date to request exam centre change (By paying Rs. 1000) - Start Date | Mode: Online|
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must check the IIFT 2019 eligibility criteria first. Here are the complete eligibility criteria for IIFT exam for this year.
1. General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognised university/institute/college are eligible to apply.
2. SC, ST and PWD category candidates with minimum 45% marks in graduation are eligible to apply.
3. Final year graduation students can also apply. However, they would need to submit the proof of requisite qualification by October 7, 2019.
4. Foreign nationals and NRIs can apply for IIFT entrance exam with a valid GMAT score which is not older than January 1, 2018.
5. Candidates of any age can apply for IIFT entrance exam.
Note: The eligibility criteria remains more or less same every year.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|OBC, General||Online, Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 1650|
|SC, OBC, General, ST||PWD||Online, Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 825|
The registration cum application process of IIFT 2019 had started on August 6. The last date to fill the application form was September 14. The IIFT 2019 application process was completely online. Here is the complete information about the application form of IIFT 2019.
1. Candidates first need to do a primary registration by filling in the personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
2. In the second step, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
3. The third step is the payment of application fee i.e. Rs. 1650 for General and OBC Category candidates and Rs. 825 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates. The application fee can be paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and DD. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs is Rs. 5500.
4. In the fourth and final step of the IIFT 2019 application form, candidates need to upload the scanned copy of their photograph (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
5. Make sure that contact number(s) and email id are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam will be sent to those only.
IIFT E-books and Sample Papers
Candidates who are planning to appear for the entrance exam this year must know the IIFT 2019 exam pattern. It will allow them to know the topics covered in the exam, syllabus, and marking scheme and they can strategies their preparation accordingly. Here are the complete details related to the IIFT exam pattern 2019.
- The exam has six sections - English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis.
- The duration of the exam is two hours. There is no sectional time limit. Total marks for the exam are 100. The number of questions keeps changing every year. Last year, the exam had 114 questions. The exam has only multiple choice questions.
- According to the IIFT 2019 exam pattern, there is negative marking for wrong answers and there is differential marking scheme.
- The exam will be conducted in around 20 cities of India.
Admit card is the must-have document for every candidate to appear for IIFT 2019 exam. Candidates need to carry the IIFT 2019 admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Only the candidates who fill and submit the application form of IIFT 2019 along with the application fee would be able to download the admit card. Given below are the rest of the details.
- The admit card of IIFT 2019 had been released for download from November 16 on the official website of the exam at evening.
- Candidates will be able to download the IIFT admit card 2019 with the help of their registered id and password.
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a photo id proof - Driving License, Aadhar id card, Election id card, Passport.
- Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to write the IIFT 2019 exam.
- Candidates need to keep the admit card till the end of the admission process as it would be required at every stage of the admission.
IIFT 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- IIFT admit card
- Photo identity proof
- Passport size photograph
7 Colleges Accepting Admission
The result of IIFT 2019 exam was announced on January 15, 2019. The scorecard has been released on January 24, 2019. Both the result and scorecard are available in online mode. IIFT had released the names of shortlisted candidates for the second round of interview. As many as 2097 candidates have been selected. More details are given below:
- Candidates will be able to check the IIFT result 2019 on the official website of the exam.
- The result will be available in the form of a scorecard where candidates can check the sectional as well as the overall score.
- Candidates can download the scorecard in the form of a pdf file by logging in to the official website with their seven digit IIFT roll number and date of birth.
- On the basis of the score, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI.
- The final IIFT 2019 result or selection will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, the conducting body of the exam will announce the IIFT 2019 cutoff along with the result which is likely to be declared in the first week of January. More details are given below.
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds are called the cutoff.
- The cutoff depends on various factors including the difficulty level of test, the total number of test takers, number of seats available, etc.
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT Delhi will be called for the selection rounds - Writing test, GD, and PI.
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centres includes Ahmadabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc.
- The cutoff of IIFT 2019 will be different for each category.
The selection process of IIFT 2019 will start after the announcement of the result. IIFT Delhi will announce the cutoff for IIFT 2019 exam along with the result in the first week of January.
- Based on the IIFT 2019 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process.
- The IIFT 2019 selection process will include - Writing test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The weightage given to each round is different. And the final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds including the IIFT 2019 exam.
IIFT 2019 GD and PI Process
Both Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round are an integral part of the selection process of IIFT 2019. Tentatively, the selection process will be conducted in the month of January/February 2019. And the final IIFT 2019 result, the list of selected candidates for admission, is likely to be announced in the month of March.
GD and PI rounds are conducted to judge the communication skills, confidence level, interaction skills, personality, and possibly the knowledge of current affairs of the candidates. Apart from the writing test which is also the part of the selection process, candidates need to perform well in these two rounds to get the admission offer.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be - Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.
IIFT 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- IIFT admit card
- IIFT scorecard
- Photo identity proof
Questions related to IIFT
News and Articles
IIFT Result 2019
IIFT Result 2019 – IIFT Delhi has declared IIFT 2019 Result on January 15, 2019. IIFT S...
IIFT 2019 - Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi has conducted IIFT 2019 MBA...
IIFT Cutoff 2019
IIFT Cutoff 2019 - IIFT Delhi has released IIFT 2019 cutoff along with the result on Ja...
IIFT Selection Procedure 2019
IIFT Selection Procedure 2019 - The selection procedure of IIFT now starts after the an...
IIFT 2019 Analysis by T.I.M.E.
IIFT 2019 Analysis by T.I.M.E - IIFT 2019 has been conducted on December 2. Careers360 ...
IIFT 2019 Analysis
IIFT 2019 Analysis - IIFT 2019 entrance exam is held on December 2. Careers360 brings t...
IIFT 2019 Analysis by Bulls Eye
IIFT 2019 Analysis by Bulls Eye – Hit Bulls Eye has released the exam analysis of IIFT ...
IIFT Answer Key 2019
IIFT Answer Key 2019 - The answer key of IIFT 2018 has been released by leading coachin...
IIFT 2019 Analysis by Career Launcher
IIFT 2019 Analysis by Career Launcher – IIFT 2019 is held on December 2. Careers360 bri...
IIFT 2019 Student Reactions
IIFT 2019 Student Reactions - Careers360 interviewed IIFT 2019 candidates to know their...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile