Online MBA Degree in India: Types, Courses & Colleges
It’s no secret that an MBA degree is expensive. In fact, the average cost of tuition for a full-time MBA programme in the United States is around US$61,000. But what if there was a way to get an MBA degree without spending a fortune? Enter the online MBA degree. An online MBA degree is a great option for those who want to further their education without breaking the bank. In India specifically, the value of an online MBA degree is on the rise as more and more businesses are understanding the importance of having a strong online presence. Here are some reasons why an online MBA degree is a great investment in India:
Online MBA degree in India
The online degree comes with the advantage as student pursuing it can complete their coursework from anywhere in the world. Not only this, the online MBA degree also offers a number of advantages over traditional MBA programmes, including flexibility, affordability, and convenience.
An online MBA degree in India can be completed in as little as two years, making it a great option for working professionals who want to improve their career prospects without taking a leave of absence from their job. The flexible nature of online learning also means that students can study at their own pace and choose when and where they complete their coursework. The convenience of an online MBA programme is especially appealing to busy working professionals who may not have the time or ability to attend classes on campus. Online courses are typically available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which gives students the ability to study whenever it is convenient for them.
The cost of a MBA degree online in India is typically much lower than the cost of a traditional MBA programme. In addition, many online MBA programmes offer scholarships and financial aid opportunities to help offset the cost of tuition.
Various Types of Online MBA Programmes in India
There are many types of online MBA programmes in India. They include the following:
- Executive MBA: This is a type of MBA that is designed for working professionals who want to further their careers. It typically takes two years to complete and is offered by top business schools in India.
- Part-time MBA: This type of MBA is ideal for working professionals who want to pursue an MBA while still working full-time. It typically takes three years to complete and is offered by some of the top business schools in India.
- Distance learning MBA: This type of MBA is designed for students who want to study from anywhere in the world. It can be completed in as little as one year and is offered by several Indian universities.
- Online MBA: This type of MBA is designed for students who want to study online. It can be completed in as little as one year and is offered by several Indian universities.
Top Online MBA Programmes in India
In India, there are many universities that offer online MBA programs. However, not all of them are created equal. There are a few online MBA programs in India that stand out from the rest.
- The first is the Indian School of Business and Finance (ISBF). The ISB has an excellent reputation and is ranked highly by international business schools. The school offers a one-year MBA program that is specifically designed for working professionals. This program is very flexible and can be completed entirely online.
- The second is the Xavier School of Management (XLRI). XLRI is another top-ranked business school in India. The school offers a two-year MBA program that can be completed entirely online. This program is also very flexible and provides students with the opportunity to complete coursework at their own pace.
- The third is the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS). NMIMS is a leading management institute in India that offers an online MBA program. This program is designed for working professionals who want to earn their degree without having to quit their job. The program can be completed in as little as 18 months.
These are just a few of the top online MBA programmes in India. Other top online MBA programmes in India are offered by Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) and Amity University Online (AUO). These institutions are reputed for their high-quality education and have been consistently ranked amongst the best business schools in India.
Admission Requirements for Online MBA in India
In order to be eligible for an online MBA programme in India, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates must also have a minimum of 2 years of work experience. Some programs may require a GMAT/CAT score as well.
Online MBA curriculum in India
An online MBA curriculum in India typically covers the same topics as a traditional MBA programme, but with a focus on developing business skills relevant to the Indian market. Online MBA programmes in India typically cover topics such as marketing, finance, human resources, and operations management. Many programmes also offer concentrations in areas such as healthcare management or information technology.
The curriculum of an online MBA programme in India is designed to prepare students for leadership roles in businesses operating in the world’s second most populous country. The programme focuses on building students’ understanding of India’s culture and business environment. Students learn about the country’s diverse economy and how to identify opportunities for doing business there. In addition, students develop the skills needed to manage teams and projects in cross-cultural settings.
The online MBA program at Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) is another popular choice for students seeking an online MBA in India. XLRI's program is designed to prepare students for leadership positions in businesses around the world. The curriculum includes courses in marketing, finance, and management. Students also have the opportunity to complete a capstone project.
Costs of Pursuing an Online MBA in India
An online MBA degree in India can cost anywhere from Rs.30,000 to Rs.5 lakhs. However, the average cost of pursuing an online MBA in India is Rs.3.5 lakhs. The cost of pursuing an online MBA in India depends on various factors such as the institute offering the course, duration of the course, mode of study, etc.
The average cost of pursuing an online MBA degree in India is Rs.3.5 lakhs which covers the fees for tuition, exams, and other miscellaneous expenses. The total cost of pursuing an online MBA in India may vary depending on the institute offering the course and the mode of study chosen by the student. For instance, if a student opts for a one-year executive program offered by a leading business school, then the total cost would be higher than that of a two-year regular program offered by another institute.
Similarly, the mode of study also plays a role in determining the total cost incurred by the student. If a student chooses to study through offline mode, then he/she would have to pay for travel and accommodation costs along with the tuition fees and other associated expenses. On the other hand, if a student opts for online mode of study, then there would be no additional costs involved apart from tuition and exam fees.
Why Online MBA Degree in India is Becoming More Popular
The online MBA degree in India is becoming more and more popular. There are many reasons for this popularity. The first reason is that it is very convenient. You can study at your own pace and schedule. You do not have to take time off from work or family commitments. You can also study from anywhere in the world.
Another reason for the popularity of the online MBA degree in India is that it is very affordable. Many universities and colleges offer this degree at a fraction of the cost of a traditional MBA program. This makes it an attractive option for many students who want to get an MBA but cannot afford the high tuition fees.
Lastly, the online MBA degree in India offers a lot of flexibility. You can choose from a variety of courses and specialisations. This makes it possible to tailor your education to your specific needs and career goals. There are many online programs that offer international exposure, which is another advantage of this degree program.
Apart from the above stated benefits of online MBA degree, here are some more potential benefits to consider:
- Improved Job Prospects: An online MBA degree from a reputable school can help improve a student's job prospects. Employers are increasingly valuing candidates with an MBA degree, and an online degree from a well-respected school can help set a student apart from the competition.
- Access to Global Business Networks: An online MBA degree can give students access to global business networks that they would not otherwise have. This can be invaluable for networking and career opportunities down the road.
- Enhanced Skill Set: An online MBA degree can provide students with an enhanced skill set that they can use in their professional lives. The skills learned through an online MBA program can help students excel in their careers and reach their full potential.
While there are many benefits to pursuing an online MBA in India, it is important to consider the value of the degree before making a decision. With the right degree and accreditation, an online MBA degree can provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in today's competitive business world. However, not all online MBA degrees are created equal, so it is important to do your research to ensure you are getting a quality education.
MBA Updates and Articles
Know International MBA Accreditations: AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, ACB...
International MBA Accreditations like AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, ACBS...
10 Popular Colleges in India For MBA in Finance
Many top MBA Finance colleges in India offer the best MBA in F...
Top MBA Colleges in India with Low Fees & Better Placement
India's top MBA colleges list where you can apply with low fee...
Top 10 Colleges in India For MBA in HR
MBA HR is one of the widely-opted specializations of MBA. Here...
Top MBA Colleges For Advertising and Marketing Communication C...
Read this article by team Careers360 and know which are the to...