TISSNET MBA Result 2019 – TISS, Mumbai has declared the TISSNET MBA result on Monday, February 11, 2019. Although TISS mentioned the result to be declared at 8:00 PM, due to technical errors, the result was announced a bit late. To check and download the result of TISSNET MBA 2019, all test takers can either click on the link given below or visit the official website and login with their Email ID and Password. Earlier, the TISSNET MBA result 2019 was scheduled to be announced on February 4, 2019. TISSNET MBA was conducted on January 13, 2019, at more than 100 exam centres spread across 39 cities in India. The TISSNET MBA result 2019 will be followed by the Pre Interview Test (PIT) / Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The final selection of candidates for the postgraduate programmes is executed in two stages and has three components of assessment. In this article by Careers360, aspirants will be able to fetch information related to important dates, result download procedure, post result activities and more pertaining to TISSNET MBA 2019 result.
Latest: TISSNET MBA 2019 Result available now
Important Dates for TISSNET MBA Result 2019
TISSNET MBA 2019 Exam (conducted)
Saturday, January 13, 2019 (2.00 PM-3.40 PM)
Declaration of TISSNET MBA 2019 Result
February 11, 2019
Pre - Interview Test and Personal Interview
March 5 to April 4, 2019
Announcement of final result
April 22, 2019
Announcement of First Wait List
May 14, 2019
Commencement of Courses
June 10, 2019
How to check TISSNET MBA Result 2019?
- Visit the official website of TISSNET MBA 2019 or Click on the link given above
- Login with the Email ID and the Password provided during the registration process
- Enter the Captcha code presented on the screen and click on the 'Login' button.
- View, Print or Download the TISSNET MBA 2019 result cum Scorecard.
The merit list comprises the list of candidates according to the programme/s and campus/es.
What is mentioned on the TISSNET MBA Result/ Scorecard 2019?
There are certain details mentioned on the TISSNET MBA 2019 result. Those are –
- Name of Candidate
- Roll number of Candidate
- Registration number of Candidate
- Score/ Marks obtained
- Status – Qualified/Not qualified
How is TISSNET MBA Result 2019 calculated?
- Like previous years, TISSNET MBA 2019 had 100 multiple choice questions and each question carried one mark.
- There will be no negative marking in the exam.
- The TISSNET exam paper will be segregated into three major sections – General Knowledge, English Proficiency, Maths & Logical Reasoning.
- The total duration of TISSNET MBA 2019 is 100 minutes/1 hour 40 minutes.
Following parameters will be considered for preparing the merit list/selection list of TISSNET MBA 2019-
Marks for Different Components of Assessment
Components of Assessment
National Common Written Test*
40 percent (100 marks)
Pre-Interview Test (PIT)/GD
30 percent (50 marks)
Personal Interview (PI)
30 percent (75 marks)
100 percent (225 marks)
After clearing the National Common Written Test (NET), TISS Mumbai will invite the shortlisted candidates for appearing in further selection rounds,i.e, Pre Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The format of the exam will be descriptive where there will be a set of questions from given case study focusing primarily on the social, socio-economic, socio-political issues at the micro as well as macro level. For some of the selected programmes, the written exam might include logical analysis & reasoning with figure etc. and simple mathematics as well.
What will be done in case of a TISSNET MBA Result 2019 Tie?
To break a tie in the TISSNET MBA 2019 results, the following steps would be taken –
- Personal Interview (PI) scores will be compared. The candidate securing the higher score will be considered for next round/s.
- In case of a tie in Personal Interview (PI) marks, Pre Interview Test (PIT) marks of the two candidates will be compared.
- In case of equal Pre Interview Test (PIT) marks, TISSNET MBA 2019 marks will be considered to take the final call.
- If the TISSNET MBA 2019 score of any two candidates are same as well, then the higher age limit candidate will be given preference.
Important Dates for Shortlisted Candidates
Date & Time
All selected candidates are expected to email scanned copy of their following documents:
All the above documents should be sent by email to this ID – [email protected] for confirming the provisional admission.
April 22, 2019
Deadline for Paying the Fees for confirming admission
April 24 to May 8, 2019
Commencement of course
June 10, 2019
Points to Remember- Final Selection of TISSNET MBA
Post shortlisting, all candidates are required to pay the stipulated fees for the respective categories, as applicable to confirm their admission. If a candidate fails to pay the fees as per the schedule, he/she might face cancellation of his/her provisional admission as all primary admission shall be provisional. In such cases, the seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate in the wait list, if applicable. The fee has to be paid in online mode, via credit/debit card and net banking.
What After TISSNET MBA Result 2019?
- Post declaration of TISSNET MBA 2019 result, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the prescribed cutoff.
- Based on TISSNET MBA 2019 scores, candidates will be shortlisted for the next rounds of the selection process which includes Pre-Interview Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview (PIT-GD-PI) rounds.
- These rounds will be administered at TISS Mumbai, Hyderabad and Guwahati campuses.
TISSNET MBA Cutoff 2019
As known to all, the cutoff marks are the minimum marks to qualify the exam. The TISSNET MBA 2019 cutoff would be 35 percent for SC/ST candidates and 45 percent for other mentioned categories.
TISSNET MBA Cutoff
35 per cent marks
45 per cent marks
TISSNET MBA 2019 Seats Reservation
Seat reservation is exercised as per rules of Government of India-
Scheduled Caste (SC)
15 per cent
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
7.50 per cent
Other Backward Classes-Non-Creamy (OBC-NC)
27.00 per cent
Persons with Disability (PwD)
3.00 per cent
Kashmiri Migrants (KM)
1.00 per cent
5.00 per cent
How is the TISSNET MBA 2019 Wait List Prepared?
- Candidates who get admission to the programme of their first preference will not be enlisted for the wait lists for other preferred programmes.
- Candidates, who get selected in a programme lower in the order of preferences will be retained in the wait list of a preference higher in the order, till the seats in that course are filled.
- Candidates taking admission into any of the programmes which is their second preference will be retained in the wait list of the first preference. Candidates getting admission to any programme which is their third preference will be retained in the wait list of their first and second preference.
- In case, the candidates qualify in 2 programmes at the same time at the time of waitlist preparation, the higher preference will prevail. Institute will offer admission only to the higher preference.
- When candidates who have already taken admission in a programme as per the first merit list is subsequently offered the higher preference when the wait list is activated, they will be moved into the programme of higher preference and will be intimated about the same.
More like TISSNET
TISSNET MBA Important Dates 2019
TISSNET MBA Important Dates 2019 – Candidates can check here the important dates of TISSNET MBA 2...
TISSNET MBA Cutoff 2019
TISSNET MBA Cutoff 2019 - TISS (Tata Institute of Social Sciences), Mumbai will release TISSNET M...
TISSNET MBA 2019
TISSNET MBA 2019 - TISS, Mumbai has conducted TISSNET MBA 2019 on January 13, 2019. Know here all...
TISSNET MBA Selection Procedure 2019
TISSNET selection procedure 2019 - The selection procedure of TISSNET 2019 consists of National E...
TISSNET MBA Admit Card 2019
TISSNET MBA Admit Card 2019 - TISS, Mumbai has released TISSNET MBA 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket...
Questions related to TISSNET
I am currently pursuing my BBA(third year). I have appeared for TISSNET-2019. What shall I do if my BBA session doesn't end by june 10?
Hello,You must be aware that the admission will close by 08 Jun 2019 and the classes for 2019-21 session will commence from 10 Jun 2019.You are eli...
I am in BBA 1st year and I want to do preparation for the Tissnet exam from now. But I don't know how to prepare for it. So plzz show me
HelloTATA Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conduct the Post Graduate entrance exam TISSNET MBA for admission of candidates to the School o...
Hello MayankTata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai has released the TISSNET MBA 2019 application form on October 30, 2018. Last date of Onl...
Hello Abhishek,You will get step by step instructions after you have selected the online payment option. So just follow it.
If my seson is late 4rm university nd I've a backlog in a paper bt I'll pass befre d examination or be4 d time of admison may I fill form.?
Hi, As a student of final year and a pending backlog you may apply for TISSNET as long as you clear it before the admission or before applying...