SNAP 2014 D-Day Tips
SNAP 2014 is scheduled to be conducted on December 21, 2014 for admissions in the management programmes of Symbiosis University. Careers360 brings you the D-Day Tips to crack SNAP 2014 with a high percentile to get admisisons into your dream management institute accepting SNAP scores.
In this article of Careers360, we will share with you the exam taking strategy and the practical tips which you must follow on the SNAP exam day. But before moving on to the key pointers it is important to analyse the SNAP 2014 Exam Pattern,
SNAP 2014 Exam Pattern
As per the SNAP Exam Pattern, candidates have to answer a total of 150 questions, divided into 4 sections. The sections are General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability; Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency; General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario and Analytical & Logical Reasoning. There will be a differential marking system in each section and a Â¼ negative marking for each wrong answer.
The structure of the SNAP 2014 test based on last year is given in the following table.
Total Duration of the exam (minutes)
Total number of questions
Number of Sections
Number of choices per question
Marks per question
Sections- GE, QA and GA- 1 mark;
Let’s begin with the SNAP 2014 D-Day mandatory tips, stategies and key mantra to be followed on the exam day to crack SNAP with an impressive score.
1. Revise Basic Concepts: It is important to prepare and revise the basic concepts of each section of the SNAP exam. Before entering the exam for SNAP make sure you revise the basics. “Revise the basic concepts and concentrate only on easy, medium level questions. SNAP is an easy exam to crack”, says Mr. Dhrubajyoti Banik, Chief Knowledge Expert, T.I.M.E.
2. Analyse the question paper: As soon as you receive the question paper, scan and analyse each questions. Start with marking the questions you want to attempt. As you go through each of the sections, you can also decide the section wise sequence in which you want to attempt the paper. Sandeep Manudhane, CMD, PT Education says, “Always spend the first minute or two scanning through all questions. It gives one a lot of confidence to see a lot of familiar questions.”
3. Have a strategy in mind: An aspirant must have a startegy in mind which is to be followed while giving the SNAP 2014. However, you must not be too rigid about your plan. At any time if you feel that the questions bear surprises and your strategy won’t work, feel free to set a new strategy at once. However, according to the past 5 years’ SNAP analysis, the exam pattern does not change much and follows an overall similar pattern.
4. Time allocation and number of questions to attempt: Mr. Dhrubajyoti Banik of T.I.M.E explains, “Plan on proper time distribution to maximise overall score. Don't be too worried about sectional cutoffs”. Time managemnt is the key to crack SNAP 2014 and aspirants must follow time to complete each section of the exam. Sandeep Manudhane shares a plan to manage time and the ideal number of questions to attempt per section. Refer to the following table:
Number of Questions to Attempt
Time to Allocate
30 out of 40
Quantitative & Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
23 to 24 out of 40
Analytical & Logical Reasoning
20 out of 60
35 to 40 minutes
General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario
30 out of 40
5. Tackle the General Awareness section: According to the experts, the difficulty level and complexity of the General Awareness section is moderate than that of the other sections. Hence you must speed up and attempt as much question as possible so that you can spend more time on the tougher sections like Quant and Reasoning. Mr. Banik of T.IM.E suggests a few topics to prepare for the GA section of SNAP 2014. Revise important Business/Economics news of last 6-12 months alon with the most important awards like Noble, Oscar, Booker. Don’t forget to revise important dates : Like World Health Day, AIDS day etc”.
6. Maximize your attempts in Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Sufficiency: The difficulty level of this section is also on the easier side. Hence you have to maximize the attempts to get as much score as possible. Since there is 1 mark per question, you have to increase your chance for a high score through attempting more questions.
7. Attempt the Analytical and Logical Reasoning questions wisely: Not only is this section on the tougher side, but also carries the maximum weight in the paper. Unlike the other sections, the Analytical and Logical Reasoning questions carry 2 marks each. Hence the weight of the negative marking scheme will also increase. You must be very careful while choosing the questions and attempting them. Accuracy is a must. It won’t matter if you attempt fewer questions compared to other sections, but they must be 100% accurate. “Analytical and Logical Reasoning section is on the tougher side. The Analytical and LR section expects you to identify the easier ones first, and then with all the speed you can muster, attempt those. Since the marking is skewed in favour of Analytical and LR, you must focus on this section as a priority, although you may not attempt it first,” states Manudhane.
With the familarity of the SNAP 2014 Exam Pattern and D-Day tips to be follwed on the SNAP 2014 Exam, it is also important for you to understand about the SNAP and other exam related instructions.
About SNAP 2014
The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, commonly known as SNAP is a national level management entrance exam. SNAP is conducted each year by Symbiosis Institute for selecting students for admisisons into its 14 post-graduate management institutes across Pune, Nashik & Bengaluru. This year SNAP is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, December 21, 2014 and the exam would be held in a paper-pen based format across its test centers. There are a total of 1,885 seats across the 13 B-schools which will be filled by the selected candidates from SNAP 2014 Exam.
SNAP 2014 Exam Instructions
Carry your SNAP 2014 Admit Card which must be attested by Gazetted officer and a recent coloured passport size photograph has to be pasted on it.
Don’t forget to carry a Photo Identity Card
Blue/black ballpoint pen for marking the OMR sheet
Do not carry any electronic items, such as cell phone, watch, calculator etc.
The reporting time at the test center is 1.30 pm. The test will start from 2 pm.
Take your seat according to the Seat Number indicated in your Admit Card
SNAP Test Invigilator or Symbiosis Test Secretariat Representative will stamp and authenticate your Admit Card.
You can attempt the exam in any sectional order. There is no sectional time limit as well.
You will not be allowed to leave the hall till the test is over and until the Invigilator collects the answer OMR sheet and Question Paper at 4.00 pm. You will be allowed to leave the hall only after the answer OMR sheets and Question Paper of all the candidates in the hall have been collected and accounted for.
Other Feature Stories on B-School and MBA:
Stay tuned to www.bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates
SNAP Exam Dates 2020 - Candidates can get the complete details...
SNAP Answer Key 2020 - Symbiosis International (Deemed) Univer...
SNAP Selection Procedure 2020 - The exam authority will start ...
Questions related to SNAP
top mba college in india without any entrance exam like cat mat snap cmat etc
Here are some of the colleges for MBA takes admission without entrance exam:
1. Amity Global Business School (Amity University)
2. Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
3. OP Jindal Global University
4. GIBS Bangalore
5. IIBS Bangalore
6. Mody University School of Business
7. UPES School of Business: UPES University
8. CII school of logistics, Amity University, Noida
For more relevant information, you may visit here:
Hope this helps, all the best.
Whats official information about CAT 2020, NMAT 2020, SNAP 2020, CMAT 2021 and XAT 2021 ? When will they happen and what are the changes they are bringing this year ? #MBA
MBA is a two year postgraduate program offered by many management institutes in India. The admission to these colleges are made on the basis of different entrance exams. Following is a tentative date for conduct of various MBA entrance exam for your reference:
- Common Admission Test (CAT)- November 29, 2020
- Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test- March 2021
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)- January 2021
- Xavier Aptitude Test- January 2021
- Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test -December 13, 2020
- NMAT by Graduate Management Admission Council - Oct 4 to Dec 17, 2020
- TISS-NET- January 10, 2021
- MICAT - December 5, 2020 to January 23, 2021
- IRMASAT - February 2021
Hope this helps.. Good luck
What is the SNAP cut off for *mba in infrastructure management at SCMHRD*? Does SCMHRD acceot freshers for MBA in IM? (i am a civil engineering student)
Cutoffs for SCMHRD, infrastructure management course is 95 percentile in entrance exam SNAP.
Yes, freshers are also eligible to apply.
Basic eligibility is just that you have to be graduated in any field either btech or any other course from a recognised university.
Hope this information is helpful.
All the best
Is there any entrance exam for symbiosis college of arts and commerce pune Bcom, snap is for mba.
Symbiosis college of arts and commerce conducts no entrance exams for admission to bcom courses.
Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce offers various disciplines in B.A. and B. Com for students who have applied for under graduation. Students can specialize in economics, English or psychology in Bachelor of Arts.
They can also study cost accounting, banking and financial systems, Business entrepreneurship, Business Communication or Marketing Management in Bachelor of commerce.
Students must have qualified 10+2 from CBSE or any other recognized board to apply for under graduation and admission would be solely based on merit and seats availability.
Hope it helps:)
Hi, symbiosis college of arts and commerce pune for bcom does not have any entrance exam, snap test is for mba not for bcom?
Symbiosis College for Arts and Commerce Pune doesn't conducts any entrance examination for admissions in B.Com course. Admission to this course is being carries out on the basis of board marks only after an online application.
SNAP stands for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test and is being carried out for admission to the MBA programmes in the Symbiosis colleges.
All the very best.