The Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT) 2016 is scheduled to be conducted on Friday, May 13 in computer based mode. This year, around 17,000 candidates will appear in the test for admissions to the five year integrated BBA-MBA programme at IIM Indore.
The number of seats approximately is 120, and around 20% of the test takers are shortlisted for final admissions. As per the analysis of previous years, IPMAT is generally of moderate to difficult level, compelling students to develop a different strategy for preparation, especially in the last week of the test. Careers360 presents ‘last week preparation tips for IPMAT 2016’ to let aspirants know about the systematic preparation schedule and tips to follow in the last week to tackle the test for good scores.
[How to ensure a positive outcome in your GD/PI. Click here and enroll to get Tips/Tricks and Smart Techniques to deal with situations smartly]
As per the Test pattern, IPMAT 2016 is being conducted in computer based mode for the first time. The test will be an objective type multiple choice question test where test takers have to select the correct answers from the options provided. The total number of questions will be 100, to be answered within the duration of 2 hours. IPMAT broadly has two test sections- Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability. Since it is being conducted in an online mode for the first time, it is time to focus on the below given points in the last crucial week.
1. Focus on section wise topics: In the last 3 years, the exam pattern had changed from the initial years. The number of sections reduced from 3 to 2 and the number of questions and marks doubled. The difficulty level also increased with each passing year. Though General Awareness formed a part of the exam in the first year, the section was discontinued in the next years. The two sections to prepare are,
Quantitative Ability: This section has topics like Arithmetic, Algebra, APGP, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Geometry etc. Gautam Puri, Vice Chairman of Career Launcher mentions that the questions of Quantitative Ability could be time-consuming. Revise the Arithmetic and Algebra formulae. Puri suggests, “Students should keep in the mind the slight increase in the difficulty level of this exam, vis-Ã -vis other exams while preparing for the same.”
Verbal Ability: The questions are based on Reading Comprehension and English Usage. There are chances that the questions on Synonym-Antonym would be a bit difficult, so focus on improvising the same. The rest of the topics include Para Jumble, Grammar, Fill in the blanks, Word usage, and Para completion.
2. Solve mock tests: Your preparation level and scores are well reflected through your mock tests. How you are performing, which section you face troubles, notice the weak areas and focus on the weakness in the last week.
3. Time Management – There is no section wise time limit of the test, hence you have to be careful about the time management factor. Divide the time wisely between the two sections while solving mocks. Allot time to each section and save the last 15 minutes for revision. Follow the same through the last week and on the test day.
4. Make a plan: The right thing to follow in the last few days is to stick to the plan. If not, make a study schedule and stick to it. You must follow your plan in order to cover the entire syllabus and revise the same in a relaxed and planned manner.
5. Keep yourself relaxed: The most important thing you must remember is not to burden your mind with the exam day stress. Keep calm and be confident about your preparation so far. It is a must to stay relaxed.
6. Revise: Revision matters most at the last few days before the test. By now it is expected that you have completed the syllabus.
Test day tip: Select the questions carefully. Since there is negative marking scheme, accuracy factor has to be taken care of in order to clear the cut off marks.
IPMAT is a national level test conducted by the Indian Institute of Management Indore for admissions to its five-year regular undergraduate academic programme. The final selection list of IPM Aptitude Test 2016 will be based on the performance in the written test and personal interview. The selection list will be published on the official website of Institute of Management Indore in the third week of June 2016.
Top BBA Entrance Exam Preparation Strategy and Expert Tips
Stay tuned to www.bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates
IPMAT Selection Procedure 2020 - IIM Indore will start the selection procedure of IPMAT 2020 afte...
IPMAT Syllabus 2020 - Know all about IPMAT 2020 Syllabus such as number of sections, topics cover...
IPMAT Important Dates 2020 - IIM Indore will conduct IPMAT 2020 Exam on April 30 in online mode. ...
IPMAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 - Candidates with minimum 60% marks in Class X/ SSC and XII/ HSC ...
IPMAT Exam Pattern 2020 - IIM Indore prescribed IPMAT 2020 exam pattern. Check exam pattern of IP...
ipmat exam is conducts by iim indore for admission in bba + mba integrated course admission.
syllabus has includes quantitative andverbal ability. there is nothing from hard maths from 12th syllabus. if you have studies maths till 10th grade that is enough.
syllabus for quantitative ability,
Profit and loss
Time & Work
Time & Distance
Mixtures and Alligations
verbal ability includes english grammer, vocabulary.
The cutoff of IPMAT (Integrated Program in management application test) in 2019 for economically weaker sections was:
Quantitative Aptitude (SA) - 8
Verbal Ability - 40
For further details about the previous year cutoff or any other information related to IMPAT use can visit the below mentioned webiste:
Hope this answer helps!
Check all about IMPAT here.
Yes any student studying in class 12th can apply for IPMAT exam the application form will be available from 17th February online. The candidate should score at least to 60% in class 12th if they belong to general category and for SC ST PWD category is 55%.
For more details on IPMAT eligibility criteria place visit the link given below
Your IPMAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile